Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The leader of the pack (Candira and Raven)

Moments later, Roxxi appeared at her house and stowed her bike and helmet before running inside and up the stairs to her room where the doctor, Tom, and the survivor were residing for the moment. Immediately, she rushed to Tom, shaking a bit, her face still splotchy with red, eyes swollen. She hugged him for a few moments while she gained her composure, incredibly glad that Tom hadn't been in that house at the time. She took a deep breath and then let him go. "Go on. Find out what you can and come back to me, alright?" She kissed his cheek and then asked the doctor how their survivor was doing. Since he was alright, she sent the doctor to help the paramedics.

Tom took her already warmed up bike and his own helmet riding down to the edge of the city. The place was a mess though it couldn't be seen on the outside in fact the only part of the house being a mess was the splotches of blood on the floor. He went through the hose noticing that amount of blood from each shot that he had envisioned. This guy was really accurate when it came to shooting. The amount of blood that spilled on the ground didn't kill anyone instantly, but rather they all bleed to death from their wounds. Tom moved up the stairs looking in the rooms, when he came to the end of the hall he noticed a small panel in the room's wall was sticking out.

He pried the panel open with his knife and shone a flash light into the wall. there were a bunch of jewels, and a few piles of cash stashed away here within the house wall. There was a small piece of newspaper clipping as well. It described the events of a family getting robbed at gun point by someone dressed in red and black clothing. The clipping was obviously stored by the person who did it. He dialed his bosses number and when she picked up he began to speak. "I think I found the reason for the hit I need you to come back and have a look at this."

Roxxi was on Tom's bike the minute he finished his sentence. She was back in the safe house, yelling for Tom. "Where are you?" she called out. She didn't see him on the first floor so she came up to the next one and searched for him. She wondered what he'd found, but she had a horrible feeling about leaving him alone here in a building full of fresh death. "Tom?!"

"Last room on the right!" He called from the room. Tom waited until she was in the room that was perfectly clean. "As you can see there isn't a drop of blood in the room unlike the others. from what I've seen of the blood stains this guy doesn't kill, he lets their body choose if they will die or not. The wounds are serious but provided their will strong enough they can survive." He explained sitting against the wall. "From everything I have seen there was only one blood splatter on the wall to indicate it was an intent to kill." He pointed to the wall showing her what he had found. "I don't think our killer is really bent on killing anyone except those who intend to kill other first. There is a news clipping saying there was a robbery two weeks ago with the man being dressed in our colors, and that two people got killed in the robbery." Tom had been one to study forensic science when he was in school. He had never gone to college but he was always reading up on crime and mystery books. With his sleuthing skills you would think he'd be higher in the ranks of the gang if not the true right hand man of the operation. "We need to reform the ranks of the gang and drop everyone back down to recruits. Nobody ordered this hit and even if it was nobody should have died in the robbery it isn't how we operate and you know that being you wrote it."

He lit another of his cigarettes as well as handing her one to clam her nerves in this house of blood. "We need to get everyone back to basics, pull them all off the streets and into the main building again. Recruits every one of them including me. Keep Marty as your second and do three things. First thing you will do is watch Marty more closely, this will make me be able to do more with my investigation. I can watch his men more closely if we are all the same level. Secondly I need you to reiterate the rules, who ever was in this house has a lust for breaking up gangs by fear...." He took a handful of the jewels in his hand pulling them from behind the wall. "And killing those who kill without cause." He took a moment of silence for those that died, save for the one who brought it upon them, and to take a few drags from his cigarette. "We do not kill and it is clear that people do not yet understand that. Three this form of action will also allow you to build a better chain of command from the recruits we have now compared to when you first took over the gang. Think of it as starting fresh and making the gang your own instead of you taking it over from another." Tom had thought out every possible angle in just a little bit under and hour. He would be able to spy on Marty's men from a closer distance, as well as Marty himself being under a better watchful eye of his lovely leader. Roxxi could improve her ranks in the chain of command, and assign those who truly deserved it. And finally prevent another senseless house killing for one idiots mistake, by reiterating the rules of the gang and making the punishments more severe.

Roxxi came in and noted the robbery and the article, growling. She folded the clipping and put it in her pocket. She took the cigarette when it was offered and took a long drag before she finally calmed down. "Alright, so we know why he did it, but that doesn't make him vindicated. If I ever find out who did this, he's going to beg me for mercy before I'm through with him." She frowned and then nodded at his suggestion. "Nice thinking Tom. We're going to call everyone together tonight. We're not waiting for this to happen again. Bring everyone you can to the main building. I'll fill in the patients as soon as we figure out what's going on with them." She took another drag and then stamped out the butt before turning to Tom. She put her arms around him and kissed him deeply before letting him go. "Be careful Tom. None of this sits well with me."

That said, she took the keys to her bike from him and gave his back before riding around to different spots her gang occupied.

"Be careful with who you fuck with Rox. There are more people bigger and badder than you love." He took the keys and rode around the city informing everyone what was going to happen and everyone was to meet at the main safe house as of right now. It had taken Tom a good few hours to find everyone he could the he proceeded to head back to the main safe house. He walked into the safe house standing in with the crowd that had assembled while his eyes seen Roxxi, and Marty standing on the staircase. Clearly Marty didn't know what was going on with a scowl on his face, but still he stood there.

Roxxi took a deep breath, Tom's words resonating with her. Marty wasn't happy about this meeting, she could tell. Where was he during the attack, she wondered. He could be mad all he wanted--she was in charge, and she wasn't pleased with him. She stepped onto a chair and smoothly transferred herself onto a table. She saw every eye go to her as she called the room to attention. Those few that kept chattering were kicked. Hard.

"It has come to my attention that someone has been masquerading as one of us. Because of this person, a vigilante decided to come into one of our safe houses, pretend to be one of us, and shoot everyone there. There are a number dead members tonight because someone decided to use a gun during a robbery to kill innocents. I know it can't be any of you, because you all know that we do not kill on jobs. We injure, we incapacitate, but we don't kill. Death is reserved as a punishment for the worst offenses." She paused for a moment, looking around the room.

"We have lost lives tonight because of something one person did. To ensure that this doesn't ever happen again, you're all losing your rank tonight, aside from Marty. Every last one of you will have to prove to me that you deserve to go up a rank before you're promoted. You will re-learn the way this gang works so that we are all on the same page. Go home. Get some sleep." That said, she left the room in silence and stepped from the table to the chair, to the floor and shoved past Marty on her way out.

Rom remained silent as her speech continued though everyone groaned at losing their rank and place in the gang. She had spoken. At the end when she was finished talking Tom was the only one to speak up. "Yes Ma'am" He called out and then went about his normal life outside the gang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vic had just gotten out of a nice comfortable shower cleaning what little blood had gotten on him in the raid. Vic dressed himself in a pair of slacks and a nice dress shirt tonight was another appearance to something he really didn't care about but with his parents always away he had to go in their stead. "God why must I do this I'm just a teenager." He groaned. "Not like I'm going to get lucky at these rich hierarchy galas."

Roxxi smiled as she heart Tom and then got back onto her bike. She had things to do today. When she got home, she checked on the status of the gang members that had survived. After finding out they were stable she thanked the doctors and hung up her phone. Sighing, she got into her shower and washed away the awful memories of what had happened for now. She had a gala to get to--another charity for the children.

Her beauty was a bit understated in a violet and silver dress of silk. She looked just as lovely as last time she'd gotten ready, though a bit less put together. She liked it that way. Her make up was done in a way that only enhanced her natural beauty and her hair was down in a complicated arrangement of curls.

Vic wore everything except the jacket, it was one of the minor things he was able to get away with since he still looked underage. He walked through the door of the gala event, it was something for one of the museums about the opening of a new exhibit. He kinda supposed it could be child related being it was history, but what kid wants a museum when they were going to have a new park?

Roxxi arrived the event a few moments after Vic and was immediately disappointed. It was soon made clear that the exhibit opening was one that had nothing to do with children. It was interesting, but nothing she'd been hoping to attend. She had to stay for at least half an hour before she could consider leaving in order to avoid looking like a total bitch, so she sighed and took a flute of champagne before walking around a bit to see the exhibit.

Vic was on the far end of the room drinking the champagne lightly he did have to drive after all. The art was, mediocre of him though he didn't have the eye of an artist. Many things in the room seemed dull, though everyone seemed to flock around the jewels and gold. 'What would any of these people know about value when their children and other people's children are turning to gangs for support and life. Shame on everyone of you here.' He wanted to say it so badly but he knew that he couldn't, however the glass in his hand shattered. Blood trailed from his left hand as he looked down. A small laugh escaped his lips. "My apologies I must have forgotten it was in my hand." he said as one of the servers came up to him. One of the pieces mad him irate but he hid it well in the presence of others. A little girl was on her knees crying as a silhouette of someone with a gun was pointed towards her and her mother. Underneath the image read a small statement. 'The value of human life.' Frankly he didn't give a shit right at this moment, that wasn't art that was intolerable crap on display for children to openly see.

He didn't care about how people would view him he left with everyone watching him. He returned to his car and lit up something he hardly ever touched, a cigarette how he hated the taste but it calmed him down from making a fool of himself in front of everyone.

Roxxi turned her head to see that very someone she'd been wondering about. Conveniently, he was saving her again. She followed him out, looking concerned. She had, after all, seen blood. "Vic!" she called, though it was clear he didn't hear her. She sped after him until she found him smoking at his car. Odd. She couldn't see him as the smoking type. "Vic," she tried again, coming closer, walking more slowly, now that she was only a few feet away from him. "Why are you bleeding?" she asked, noting the blood on his hand.

He turned his head to find her standing there once again in something elegant. "The 'art' if you want to call it that had a woman and child with a gun pointed at them. What kind of sick asshole puts that in a museum?" He turned his head back towards the sky laying back on his car. "People are the worst fucked up pieces of work I have seen yet." He mused taking the cigarette from his mouth and offering her a drag. He looked realizing what he was doing. "It's a stress relief, butter then drinking anyways." he mused.

She smiled and shook her head. "So it is possible to upset you. Well, there's no accounting for taste as far as the curator goes. I can't very well change it, though." She shrugged and took a drag from his cigarette to humor him. "You can't deny that it is true to life though. However sad it may be, it does happen." She came to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Wanna get out of here? I can help your hand if you want. And I can return your kind gesture of burgers with tacos and we can smoke and curse, and attack people all we want."

"As fun as it would be to hit random people that I think I'll pass on that. However the other option sounds nice." He brought his non bloody hand up the cup her cheek. "So what brings you to this crappy event?" He sat up and smiled leading her back to the door of his car "Am I driving or would you like to?"

She laughed and stopped him. "Stay here. I'm going to get my first aid kit and fix your hand before we do anything else. I'll tell you what I'm doing here when I'm fixing you up." She kissed his cheek softly and then left him to get a small box from her trunk. When she returned with it, she had him hold up his hand and started to clean it off so she could get a better idea of where the cut was. "I am here because of a mistake. I thought it was for children. I see that I was wrong."

"Ah the children yes." He sighed softly as he lifted his hand. "If only that had been the case I might not have hated coming out tonight. Then again if I would have known you would show up, mistake or otherwise then I'd be a bit more presentable." He mused as he watched her hand work on his. The glass hadn't done to much damage just many minor cuts on his palm, no glass remained on or in his hand so it was a simple clean.

She sprayed his hand with anti-bacterial spray dabbed at it a bit and then bandaged it up. "There, that should do it. More presentable?" Roxxi asked, clearly amused. "You would have dolled yourself up for little old me? How flattering," she said with a smirk. "But I still think you're cute." She teased him like this for awhile, winking in all of the appropriate places before her stomach growled. "So, tacos then? I'll drive this time, unless you'd rather not be without your vehicle."

Vic smiled. "You can drive it's not that important to me." He said softly. His hands went to her cheeks and stole another kiss from her. "Tacos sound great." He mused pulling away from her letting his hands down. "So which way to the car?"

Blushing softly, Roxxi took his hand and shook her head. "One day, you won't be fast enough to steal those kisses. Either that, or I'll make you pay for each one." That said, she led him down a row of cars until they came upon hers and she put the kit back into the trunk before sliding into the drivers side. She unlocked the door for him and got ready to head off to her favorite taco place.

He smiled and followed her to the car. After opening the car door he got in sitting in the passenger seat. "So you really think I'll get any slower?" What ever it was about this woman made it to where he really didn't think before speaking. He rested his head against the seat wondering where she was going to take him to get the tacos.

Roxxi smiled and shook her head. "I'll just have to take up a collection to cover all the kisses you stole from me." The pretty girl smiled and drove him downtown and to a small shop on the strip. "Alright, out you go," she said cheerfully. In a moment she was out of both seat belt and car. She came to his side and waited for him, smiling. Already, she could taste the tacos.

"A collection huh?" He stepped out of the car walking up to the taco stand. "And perhaps I should do it so you can't keep track?" He took her cheek stealing another one before she could react. "What would you like?" he asked softly pulling out his wallet. She might have brought him though he didn't plan on her paying.

"So it's kisses for food now, huh? I can live with that. Three hard shell tacos," she said, pulling him inside the shop. She waved to the owner and told him what she wanted before looking back at Vic. "What say you?" she asked, having nixed the black olives and opted for very very light sour cream on hers. Cheese, salsa, lettuce, and fresh tomatoes were also part of the bargain. The best meat and hard shells in town were just a part of the package.

Back
Top Bottom