Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The leader of the pack (Candira and Raven)

Oh how he could leave right now and not worry about the impressions the press would leave on this fair yet lying woman. It just wasn't in his nature. "Excuse me Miss Helman? I had a question to ask." He said straitening up his tie as if he were going to steal the lime light so to say. "I'm not sure how much you wish to donate but for the sake of these fine children please state the price so I might write another check for the same." He wasn't trying to put her on the spot really or even show her up. He wasn't even trying to make himself seem pompous though he knew for a fact that was how the press would write him. It was a way for her to escape the pressures of the hounds of hell writers that claimed to want a story when all they wanted was a martyr. He only hoped that the woman had enough sense to see his goal unlike the other pest that now once again were swarming around him.

The woman did have enough sense to see the self-sacrificing ways of that young man. Fortunately for both of them, someone even loftier came just around the corner and lured everyone away. "I'm sorry about that," she said with a smile. "I really didn't mean to pull you back in after getting you out. I'm sorry I don't know your name, but you look familiar..."

"Victor Rosewood, my lady Helman." he said with a wink clearly indicating he knew that wasn't her name. "I'm sure you've seen my picture around town with the press butchering my name somewhere along the line." He extended his arm to help her have a more adequate look for this type of event. It didn't matter who she was at this point she was helping the children and that was good enough reason for him to help her from that mobs of forked tongue snakes. "I was serious when I mentioned i would gladly meet the price you are donating. I feel the children are all the reason to help. If I can help by adding your sum to what I have already placed in then so be it."

Ah, so he was that guy. She had, indeed, seen his picture around town, and the press did like to pick on him quite a bit. She had a feeling that half of the things they printed weren't true, but the other half was well-known fact. Roxxi took his arm and decided that it was best to just deal with him in a friendly way. After all, he was cute. Maybe he'd be a fun distraction during the day. And it appeared as though he had as big of a soft spot for children as she did. He couldn't be all bad, right?

"So you caught my little ploy, eh? I'd tell you my real name, but I get the feeling that it wouldn't be as fun as letting you guess it. I will tell you that my first name is Roxanne," she said, using the full length of her name to put distance between her and the socialite who currently had attached himself. Smooth, he was. "Mr. Rosewood, you're making it sound a little like a competition. I'm sure whatever I donated is but a drop in the bucket, but if you must know..." Roxxi stopped walking with him and leaned up to whisper the amount into his ear, her lips teasing it ever so much before she pulled away.

"No please it isn't a contest, just an excuse to spend more of my parents money for the children. Please call me Vic." He said softly. The number she had whispered into his ear was a rather large amount for someone that didn't have the Helman or Rosewood finances. He smiled and gave her a soft peck on the cheek. "That is a wonderful amount I'm sure the community will do well for the park with that. Provided they actually use it all for the park." With everyone's donations the grand total for the park came out to being 100,000 dollars, or rather that was the number at the moment for it was being showed up on one of those fundraiser type thermometers.

"Yes, I did take that into consideration when I wrote the check," she said, frowning. "Hopefully, the bulk of it will go to the intended cause--upkeep, equipment and the like. It's nice to know that there are people in the world who aren't selfish with their parents' money." She winked, having appreciated his peck on the cheek. Smooth and charming. He could prove to be entertaining, even amusing. Something she'd been craving in a man lately. After all, Marty was a sweet guy when he wanted to be, but he really didn't get it. He'd be a first class bitch in her position too. Then again, he'd also be a woman, if he were in her position.

"So, Vic. What do you do? Other than spend your parent's money and fundraisers for kids?" she asked, turning her pretty eyes to look into his with an intense kind of stare.

"Well it's hard to say really. With the press and their ornate ability to twist everything I say and do, I normally just stay indoors." He said low enough to only she could hear. "What of you what do you enjoy to do?" He lead her around the park as the continued to speak, the view actual beauty before their eyes. He knew though, he just knew a gang would claim this place.

"I like to read, watch movies, cook. I'm a simple woman on most days. I tend to keep it pretty low-key," she said with a smile. "But on occasion I do get out to take walks and talk to people," she teased. "And I play with my cat, Howard." She was serious about the last part, and Howard had been very nice lately, about her not paying him much attention. She'd have to go home soon and give him some attention to make up for her negligence. "I swear, he's more affectionate than a dog on some days." She smiled and observed the natural beauty around them.

"This will be a wonderful place."

"Yes it will be." Vic mused once more as the representatives of the counsel moved towards the small stage area. they more then anyone want to turn this into a contest, as well as the media. "Ladies and Gentlemen it's time to announce our biggest donor! And the person whom gave the most was..... Mr. Rose wood, and Miss Helman." The counsel members began clapping though the kids joined in not entirely sure what was going on. "So what should we name the park?" One counsel member asked to which everyone shrugged. Their normal politics stated that it would be named after the person that donated the most.

She smiled and applauded Vic's donation. "Why don't you call it Rosewood. It's more appropriate for a park," she said, turning the attention over to Vic. He was a nice guy--deserved the credit. Besides, it really was more appropriate to use his name for a park considering what it was comprised of. She bowed her head and stepped away into the crowd as the photographers made their way to him. She somehow managed to disappear, walking slowly out of the park and toward her car.

A minutes after she had stated it he opened his mouth to protest. Though before he could utter a word pictures were being snapped and she had been lost deep in the confines of the masses. All he had gotten from her was her name and a little bit of information. He had a feeling she would return to the park though, something about her personality latched onto it. He stood taking the picture smiling for the cameras.

Smiling as she reached her car, she got the feeling that she should wait for him. People began to leave and she pretended to get into her car. The photographers hung around for awhile, but left when they didn't see anyone to take pictures of. Finally, she spotted Mr. Rosewood. Slowly she opened her door and got out to say hello again. "Vic," she said with a little smile. "I thought you might have left."

For what ever reason they ended up being parked right next to each other which was odd. He smiled and nodded when he was called. "No not yet those hell hounds for the papers wouldn't let me be so lucky as to be the first to leave." He said softly undoing hid tie and top button of his shirt. Clearly he hadn't liked formal too much as he tossed the tie into his car. "Might I ask a question Roxanne?"

She tilted her head to the side and smiled at him as he asked her if he could ask a question. Amused at his tact, she crossed her arms and leaned against her car, her coat covering the beautiful dress for the most part. "I suppose you could," she said with a little smile. "But only if I can ask you one in return. Her glossed lips curved into a smile and she waited for him to proceed. Not wanting to stand so far away from him, she walked toward him, stopping a few feet away from him on the sidewalk.

Finally after her words were finished he was dressed down into a under shirt and his pants. How he despised suits. Vic felt much more comfortable now then he did with the suit on. "Well I know I don't like this acting fest, but I wasn't sure about you. Don't get me wrong I love helping the children that isn't an act but everything else this suit, the facade and the ego I have to have for them is fucking stupid. I'm all for being proper when it's important for events but I'd rather just be myself. So my question is this. Since you look all nice and proper now with that stunning outfit, what are you really like when the dress is off?" It wasn't a sexual pun, just a mere play on how what people can wear are often like a superhero's costume.

She wasn't sure if there was a compliment in there or not, but her lips stayed in her devious little smile as he asked her. "I never go there on the first date," she teased. "I tend to be the same everywhere I go...but a little more violent in some places than in others. Like polite society." Roxxi liked to joke around, but she was being fairly serious. She had the same goals and ideals when in her biking gear as she did when she was dressed up like this. Then again, she was also lying. She did go there on the first date. Before she did with this one, however, she wanted to know more about him. His body was appealing from where she was standing and he still looked incredibly decent the way he was dressed now. "Hmmm, I think I'll save my question for later. I'd dress down, but I think I'd stun you more with what's underneath," she teased.

"Yes well dressing down wasn't exactly what I was talking about but fair enough. I can see you're not entirely proper by that little comment turning sexual, so I can deal with the information I have been given." He rolled his shoulders being they had been stiff since last night. "If it's a date you want why not make it official and I pick you up about eighty-thirty?" He asked teasingly extending his hand to her's. That comment about her dressing down she made, he was sure she was right when it came to stunning him, then again she already did. "Or perhaps we can go now and I'll get back into this rather uncomfortable suit?"

Holding back her laughter, she made her eyes widen like saucers, her expression turning to that of sweet surprise. "You'd do that for me?" she asked, managing to keep the expression for about two more seconds before she dissolved into laughter. "Well, I'm dressed and ready to go, and you do have that suit. Maybe lose the tie and we'll go out for something now?" she asked, enjoying the fact that he was incredibly smooth, despite his choice in wardrobe. "But where will we go?" she asked, tilting her head to the side, curls following.

He couldn't help but laugh either. He took the suit and slowly put it back on until he once again cleaned up nicely. "I'm not sure on where to go I stay indoors remember? Perhaps a nice restaurant you've always wanted to try?" He asked holding his hand out once again after opening the passenger door of his car. "You can save your gas I can always get more." He didn't know her real financial situation and he didn't wish to pry into that matter.

"Such a gentleman," she said with a smile. "Hmmm, well, lets see. There's always the Silver Spoon. No reservations needed, but it's pretty upscale. The best part is that the media almost never hangs out there. If you'd like to try it," she said, taking his hand as she came to his car door. "You're earning points, you know. But I'd like to see more of the guy who wanted to see me without the dress too," she said with a wink." That said, she was in his car, waiting for him to close her door and drive them away.

"Alright I'll see what I can do about that." He said softly stealing a kiss from her after she sat in his car. He walked around and got in after shutting the door for her, starting the car up he turned the radio down some on a nearby rock station. Clearly he wasn't the business type and just by the radio she was able to learn more about him. "So would you mind giving directions to the restaurant?"

My my, wasn't he a cocky fellow? He would have to pay her back for that kiss he'd stolen from her. With interest. Though she wasn't sure what she'd expected, she was surprised to hear rock coming from his radio as he pulled out of the spot. Intrigued, she gave him directions to the restaurant and tilted her head curiously. "So then, what do you do when you're not in a suit?" she asked, watching him carefully. He seemed like a good driver. Maybe he wasn't as polite as she had originally thought.

He smiled some as he followed her directions. "Well I mainly stay at the house but we have a pool and a indoor gym. I work out in there and swim a lot when I'm not listening to the news. I guess I like to just do stuff. Although My father's brother Like to train me in fighting, I guess they think I need to know how to defend myself." He smiled once more looking over at her before averting his eyes back to the road. "So what about yourself?"

She smiled. "Well, when I'm not working I like to read and take bubble baths. I also like long walks on the beach," she teased. "But I do enjoy reading and I sketch from time to time. I also do kick boxing and judo. Sometimes, when I'm really angry, I'll go down to the shooting range and blow of some steam too," she said, realizing just how violent she sounded. "But if I'm only a little upset I'll bake or clean." She shrugged and watched him, wondering what he thought of her now.

"That's quite a list of things to do." He spoke turning into the parking lot for the restaurant. He opened the door for her once more leading her in by the arm. "So what so you like to eat?" He asked trying to keep their conversation going.

Back
Top Bottom