Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Wars Shenanigans

What setting would you prefer to play in?

• Great Hyperspace War!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Old Republic!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Rise and Fall of the Galactic Empire!

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Expanded Universe!

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Something completely different! Leave a comment below with your preference!

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

breakingcounsel

Super-Earth
Ok, I’m going to be straight-up here... there was talk about a Star Wars group before, and it sort of fell through, as the OP just seems to have vanished without a trace.

The general idea was that it would take place sometime in either the Great Hyperspace War period or the Old Republic era. While both do sound interesting, I’m not well-versed in either of those, and I don’t know how well I would perform in them.

Aaaaaaaaanywho... What I’m looking for here are ideas. Thoughts on plot, placement in/around events in the Star Wars timeline (whether EU or new canon), things like that. I’d love to get a decent size group going, with players on both sides of the conflict (or even neutral parties). No specific number of players, at least from me anyways... I just hope there’s enough interest for this that it’ll get off the ground without any Millenium Falcon-esque hiccups.

Well, I’m a huge fan of the Old Republic - the Dark Horse Tales of the Jedi series and KotOR really tired my imagination. But I’m always up for just about any Star Wars content, really.

I’ll admit, I’m a definite KotOR fan. But it’s the rest of the Old Repiblic era that I’m not familiar with. That being said, I’m sure I can find a way to fit a character into whatever setting we end up choosing.

I am interested, I really only know the movies but I'm a pretty quick study. I love group RPs but they are dreadfully difficult to start and get moving sometimes. I'll pick a character type once I get a better idea of what others want to play.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that! I’m just glad there’s some interest, though it’s admittedly less than I was hoping for.

Giving this another bump... Starting to think there really isn’t as much interest as I’d hoped there would be...

I’m going to let this sit another week or so, and if by the end of that week there’s no more interest than there already is, then I will ask for this to be closed.

Giving this a last-ditch bump. After this, if there’s no more interest by Sunday 4/8/2018, I will ask for this thread to be closed.

I am always hesitant to join SW games without some form of system, but LeaT makes a good, erm...argument for joining. I am familiar with all but the most recent movies and did the KOTOR games as well (even the MMO, which was badass for the singleplayer questline).

Great to see some more interest! I don't mind playing multiple girls so feel free to make suggestions. And thanks KC, I do strive to make a good argument for anything I do.

Woohoo! Will hold off on suggestions until we get a setting nailed down, but am pretty flexible. Will likely do either a skill type or a non-Jedi force user.

Well the poll at the top has 2 votes each for three different choices. I have no real preference as I will need to read up on anything beyond the movies, but I prefer OC to canon so I likely need to do a little reading anyway. Hopefully none of you are fanatics when it comes to the details. So can the three of you boys decide on something you would all like?

I think Great Hyperspace War and Old Republic should be removed as our GM said he isnt as knowledgeable on them.

In case anyone is feeling blue!

I guess it depends on how detailed we need to be or if we just use the basic universe as a play pen and all have original characters and story. I kind of like the retro look of the prequals, though there is a lot of imagery from the later movies. I especially like how the last two have given girls a bit more in depth roles and could easily play any of these as faceclaims, possibly canon if that is the route we take, but I'd prefer OC.

That is a lovely twi'lek. Corsair, have you any thoughts on your character? I admit I look forward to writing with you, as Mim speaks very highly of you.

I really shouldn't join another new game, but it just occurred to me it could be fun to play a Zeltron Zedanadal (non-Jedi force user). An utter pacifist, always seeking a peaceful resolution to conflict. I play a lot of warriors, characters who are quick to use their strength to solve problems, so it'd be interesting to play a character who refuses.

Wow, two writers Mim has spoken well of. Sure we can't pull her into this?

I’ll admit to an affection for ideosyncratic Jedi, so I’ll probably play one if we end up in the Clone Wars or a similar “waning years of the Old Republic” setting. Maybe a Mandalorian Jedi, just for fun. If we go for the Rebellion era or the new trilogy, I may break type and play a space pirate instead.

Oooh... I even have a name for him. The Baronet Sevastian tel-Florindel Sergovia Organa-Nahal, the heir to an extremely minor and now worthless Alderanian title, and the nephew (or great-nephew) of a Sith Lord once apprenticed to Count Dooku.

TheCorsair said:
Oooh... I even have a name for him. The Baronet Sevastian tel-Florindel Sergovia Organa-Nahal, the heir to an extremely minor and now worthless Alderanian title, and the nephew (or great-nephew) of a Sith Lord once apprenticed to Count Dooku.

giphy.gif

tumblr_p6jb0mIEkj1w7egqmo1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom