Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Warhammer 40K: Project Bellona

Status
Not open for further replies.

frightorflight

Supernova
In the 42nd millennium their is war and darkness. Warp storms have split the Imperium asunder and cut off the light of the astronomicon. On one distant forge world their is no help from the coming storm As raids by the forces of Chaos eat away at the worlds around it, strangling their resources and growing ever closer to the last safe haven, the forge world itself. Help cannot be reached, and with an enemy at their door, the Archmagos of the mechanicum is suddenly presented with an opportunity. Deep in the bowls of the forgeworld, the remains of a medical facility from the dark age of technology is uncovered giving them access to technology that would allow them to make the weapon of their salvation, Adeptus Astartes, Space Marines, but when genetic flaws in the young males of the forge world cause all their subjects to reject their augmentations. The tech priests decide to do something heretical, desperate, using females to create Marines with gene seed harvested from traitor marines slain in battle. It is a gambit with very little chance of success, and an almost certain promise of death if the wider Imperium should find out. But if the choice is death or damnation, then there is no choice at all. Besides, if they should succeed, they would prove themselves greater than even the Emperor himself.

So you 40k fans, don't freak out, I know the lore reasons for why their are know female space marines, I just think it's a fun idea to play with, besides dark age technology is the the ultimate deus ex machina.

So basically I am looking for two or three people to play girls around 15 to 16 who are from the industrial slave labor pool, aristocracy, or mechanicum and and get "recruited" for Project Bellona because they show promise because of intellect, combat skills, or just genetic fitness for the program so are picked up and run through a back breaking physical training and psychological conditioning to weed out the weak at each stage as they go through an accelerated augmentation process, using gene-seed taken from chaos space marines to turn them into mass produced super soldiers, with the hopes it works enough of the time to be able to save the forge world and it's vassal worlds from destruction. If you are familiar with Halo think the Spartan II program on steroids, turning the surviving subjects from your young mechanicum initiates, frightened manufatorum laborers and pampered spire elites, to strong neophytes with the bodies of women in their 20's, and then powerful, and well trained goddess'of war, with fully developed and augmented bodies and only a small chance of mutations.

I think this RP can be fun, both playing through the actual training and combat, but seeing how these girls would deal with the very sudden change to their bodies, minds, and the power they hold. Also the resistance to their very existence within the forge world, and later from other elements of the imperium, like another space marine chapter maybe. It could be very fun. Not to mention the problems they might run into with traitor gene seed.

If your not familiar with 40k but still like the idea and want to play come on in, there is no background required. I would suggest you at least do a little reading here, since I will let everyone pick which legion there gene seed comes from. If you want sine kind of specific mutation to occur talk to me privately and know that mutations can be anything.

Character Thread

RE: Warhmmaer 40K: Project Bellona

This looks awesome, and I’d love to play this!

Just a thought - chaos geneseed would normally be destroyed straight away, rather than studied. Perhaps something like the Black Dragons, or Salamanders instead? If it is Traitor geneseed, though - perhaps Night Lords or World Eaters?
I might edit this post in the future.

Davian_Veq said:

Just a thought - chaos geneseed would normally be destroyed straight away, rather than studied. Perhaps something like the Black Dragons, or Salamanders instead? If it is Traitor geneseed, though - perhaps Night Lords or World Eaters?

You're right but its the kind if thing where they need geneseed and their only sorce is the chaos marines the kill, so need wants when the devil knocks. But chaos can mean a lot of things so if you want to get as specific like a chapter I'm okay with you getting geneseed harvested from a traitor Black Dragom for example.

frightorflight said:
Davian_Veq said:

You're right but its the kind if thing where they need geneseed and their only sorce is the chaos marines the kill, so need wants when the devil knocks. But chaos can mean a lot of things so if you want to get as specific like a chapter I'm okay with you getting geneseed harvested from a traitor Black Dragom for example.

*raises hand for traitor Salamanders, Black Dragons or Thousand Sons

Like I said, you can pick whatever you want. Just consider the likely mutations though.

Update: A few small changes, spelling and grammar, "well trained" pic changed.

Will post character thread soon, still looking for one more person.

Update: Here's a character thread:

https://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=90283

Still looking for one more to make a group of three if anyone is interested.

Sorry to say, but another RP I’m in has started back up again. It looks like I’ll have to give this a miss, should it go ahead.

Davian_Veq said:
Sorry to say, but another RP I’m in has started back up again. It looks like I’ll have to give this a miss, should it go ahead.

Your fine, this hasn't generated as much interest as I had hoped and I don't have enough people for a group anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom