Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Warrior's Lover [LadyRaige x vonchance]

LadyRaige

Moon
Shelur grinned, ecstatic with her latest successful raid. Her band of fifteen has secured two dozen mixed livestock, another four acres of woodland, and material enough to outfit all of her tribe with new armor. Such a small village, yet so rich in much needed resourses.

She led her men to her father's longhouse. High-Chieftain of the orc tribes, he was the first to hear of any spoils from the raiding party.

"Chief Farod!" She called, her voice ringing over the clamor. "We return victorious!" She pushed her sable braids out of her face, kneeling outside the longhouse, awaiting the Chief's response.

After what seemed like forever, they were beckoned inside. There she gave rundown of the events and what spoils they brought back to the tribe. Though he didn't say it, she saw the look in his eyes. He was proud of her.

Farod ordered a feast to be held the following evening, when the other raiding parties were supposed to return. The chief dissmissed them, with his blessing that the rest of the day was theirs to do as they pleased.

Eager to rid herself of her bloodied armor, Shelur made her way down river to bathe. The water was cold, but refreshing, the tallow soap washing away the blood and grime that covered her. Her leather and fur armor was next to be scrubbed.

With her armor hanging from her arm, she strode back towards camp. Naked as the day she was born, her wet sable hair brushed the top of her buttocks. Orcs were not shy about nudity, choosing to wear as little as possible. Shelur noticed one of the men under her command, nodding as she passed.

She glanced over her shoulder, feeling eyes bore into her back. Her grey-blue eyes scanned the forest, searching for who ever watched.

Will looked down at his glistening blade that he named Golgimier in honor of the founder of his families dynasty. Watching intently as it gleamed against the light of the sun coming down.

But, within moments he was interrupted by one his many advisers Talan. Greeting the man formally he embraced him in a hug before inquiring as to why the man felt the need to meet him.

"So? What seems to be the problem this time Talan? Bandits, Orcs, or maybe even peasants?Looking with a smirk, he was greeted with a look that was not joking and showed that something was wrong.

Listening intently for nearly an hour Will found out of a nearby raid. Enraged that the kings armies had allowed Orcs of all things to raid such a place nearby he set out on his horse intent on capturing whoever had done this to one of the many towns under his control.

Arriving at the town, he was told that they had traveled East by a local guard and wasted no time in hurrying. Within moments he reached the camp and made sure to stay quite watching and listening intently as a very beautiful Orcish woman talked of her successful raid.

After he had followed the woman for some time in his light leather armor, he watched everything as the woman seemed to have no shame with the way she bathed. Finally, he saw an opportunity as the woman got our fully nude he leaped from a nearby bush rustling around as he pressed himself to her buttocks putting one hand to her mouth as he held her tightly.

Soon realizing his fault though he let the woman go pushing her aside. "I'm here to arrest you in the name of our king Galosh of the Driestz! You have the right to trial by combat, but I warn you if you lose I'm to do as I please with you, or you could chicken out and allow for me to take you to shame in my Dungeon your choice!"

Shelur hit the ground hard, her breath leaving her in a whoosh. Gasping, she struggled upright, pulling a hidden dagger from her armor.

"Who are you, human, to arrest me?" She snarled, her eyes narrowing. "Such a brave human, attacking a naked woman!" She brushed her hair back from her face, anger written in her features.

She kicked at her armor, pushing it aside to not trip herself. She circled this stranger, a man claiming to have come to arrest her. Shelur scoffed at the incredulous man.

This dark haired human was a fool to think she would go willingly. The world knew little of her people, only that they were proud vicious warriors who would rather die than submit. That was what she planned to do.

Shelur looked him up and down. He was nicely muscled and stood just a few inches taller than her. His blade was also much longer than her own. She suddenly regretted leaving her axes in her hut.

Shelur grutted, searching for an opening. His stance was that of a well seasoned warrior, a man as comfortable with a blade as he was with a quill. "And if I choose the former?" She inquired brusquely.

Watching the Orc as she quickly managed to get her footing it became apparent to Will that she wasn't just any ordinary Orc. Her stance was equal to his and she showed no signs of fear as he unsheathed his sword.

"Yes, I'm Sir Will, of a minor fiefdom that you raided." Will matched her eye movement with an intimidating look as he began a coordinated maneuver around her, keeping his distance at all times as to not allow her to strike him.

Was this nude woman seriously going to attempt to fight Will?When Will looked into her eyes all he saw was determination and a lust to kill this wasn't her first battle. No, she has the experience of a combat veteran.

Pushing aside his long black curly hair he felt sweat drip down his forehead.At this point in their cold was he was finding it very hard not to notice the Orcish woman's more than generous body her nipples seemed to be rock hard she was a woman any man would desire in a normal situation, but this was anything but normal

Spitting on the ground to match her aggression Will allowed her no openings, he was trained to fight Orcs he knew everything about their fighting styles and would not dare allow one to best him. "You'll be forced to become a companion of mine...I'll pay you well and make sure no one can harm you if you choose this. Playtime is over though I'll give you 30 seconds to choose, alright?"

Honestly she was shocked, though she didn't show it. A companion? She knew what that meant. He was not nearly as sneaky as he thought he was. She noticed every time his eyes wandered down her lithe body, lingering on her breasts. Shelur nearly laughed aloud. She would die before she let this man make her a part of his harem.

In less than the alloted thirty seconds, her decision was made. She would fight and die with the honor of her people. Shelur lunged forward, sweeping out with her foot, hoping to knock him off balance.

He dodged elegantly, as if dancing. She had to admit that he knew his stuff. She ducked under his blade, her own bouncing harmlessly off his hardened leather armor. If she survived, she would learn how to make it.

She snarled, spinning out of the way. Slowly retreating, she hoped to find an opening of some kind. A limp, a hesitation, anything to give her the upper hand.

When no opportunity arose, she searched his armor for kinks or gaps. Always staying just out of reach, she desperately prayed to the gods.

Please, let me die with honor. She struck out again and again, her dagger flashing in the filtered sunlight. Time after time her blows bounced harmlessly off her opponent's armor. With each thrust she grew angrier, nearing the Beserker Rage.

Shelur gasped, nearly crying out in shock as his blade bit into flesh. She felt blood drip down her arm. Dammit. She swallowed back her fear of death with the knowledge that she had served her gods and her people with pride.

Will wasn't about to admit that he did not find his Orcish adversary attractive, but he had to banish the thought of it if he was going to have a chance against her.Looking at her body his eyes time and time again would land on her firm breasts which paired with her fine frame seemed bigger than they actually were

Within moments of issuing his ultimatum, he was met with her feet going for a sweeping blow at his own. Seamlessly dodging her first blow he prepared to fend off another at any moment, taking a defensive stance as he surveyed her every move from a distance.

He watched as the Orcish woman surveyed him from a distance. Obviously, she was trying to find a weakness in his stout defense, but Will had been trained by master swordsmen in the art of swordplay and had no intention of being sloppy in his first fight.

Her next strike would come to quickly for Will to dodge or parry, but his leather armor blocked it without any repercussion to him. Again and again, her swift blows were undodgeable, but his armor would stand strong and nudge off every one.

A few strikes later and she was obviously tired this was his chance. As she began to move back Will noticed how slow she was and took his opportunity slashing for her arm since his intention was just to disarm her.

Drawing blood Will took his initiative and Hit her dagger with Blunt Force which no one would be able to stop. Within moments of her dagger dropping to the ground, Will threw it to the side with his foot and now had his sword cutting into her throat.

"Now can you please stop this nonsense and join me as my companion? I promise you no harm and you will be paid a stable income. You're obviously a good fighter and I need someone to protect and aid me in my travels..."

Panting, Shelur held herself still. Protect him? He didn't want her as a concubine? She knew that if she accepted, she would be shunned by her people and cast from the gaze of her gods. Could she live with that?

Her arm burned with pain, muscles aching and trembling. She could tell that he was also out of breath, though not as much as she. Could she do this?

Gritting her teeth, she growled through the pain. "And what would I get out of this arrangement?" She asked. "I lose my home, and my people. My gods would no longer acknowledge me as their child! What would I gain?!" Tears filled her eyes, wishing he would just end it already. She would admit defeat.

She knew she should stop fighting the inevitable. Having lost, her life was now forfiet. In essence he could do with her what he wished. And it seemed he wished for a traveling companion. She lowered her chin, blinking back the tears; her dark hair curtaining her features, hiding this momentary weakness.

Her shoulders slumped. Shelur's voice was barely a whisper but he still heard her. "My life is yours. I submit." It didn't take an empath to hear the raw emotion in her voice, each word drawing another tear.

Will held back his hard breathing as he held the sword to her neck. He could have slit her throat at any moment, but for some reason, he felt pity for the Orcish woman. Even though Will was risking his whole rank by taking her in his service it just felt right to him.

The mere sight of her flesh wound burned his eyes. This was the first time he'd experienced battle with an Orc and he nearly lost his life even though he had the upper hand.

Pausing for a moment Will knew she'd be giving up a lot for him, but he was doing the same. "I know you'll be giving up a lot for a man you've just met, but I'm doing the same for you my people will shun me and tell me I bring shame to the royal name, the king, and even my family will alienate me!"

Even though he had hears stories of Orcs always murdering humans, this felt different there was something different about her, something special that he wanted to find out whatever the cost to him. As her hair hid her eyes he began to lower his sword so that he could brush aside the hair that contained her beautiful eyes.

"Glad to hear you've come to your senses... Now can you at least put some clothing on dear?It may be natural in your culture, but to humans, this has some odd implications..." finally sheathing his sword Will awkwardly took a seat on the ground making sure to look away from his new companion changing. "sssssoooooo, what's your name I didn't quite catch it in the heat of our little battle?"

Shelur huffed, shrugging into her wet leathers. Humans had always been wary of seeing another naked. She had no idea why, everyone was born that way, so wouldn't it be the natural state of things?

She did have some trouble when it came time to raise her arm over her head. For a moment it seemed as though he would offer to help her, but he stilled at the promise of violence in her eyes. As she finished buckling her armor, it seemed that this human had more gall than she first thought. The man, Will he said his name was, was asking for her name.

As if they had met in town, rather than having fought-and lost. She entertained the thought of giving him her ceremonial name. It was long, and hard to pronounce, even for her. Sighing she turned to him, his dark brown eyes tracking her every movement.

"My name is Shelur Gurak, daughter to Farod." Turning back to the business at had she continued dressing.

Her fingers fumbled with the last buckle, pain making her movements sluggish. With a growl, she gave up, moving to search the bushes for her dagger and the little red flowers that grew around here. Finally finding what she searched for she sat down, chewing on the bitter flower.

She stared silently at Will, her grey-blue eyes boring into his. She had played this game many times and damn it all if she would be the first to look away.

"Why spare me?" She asked, replacing her dagger into its hidden sheath.

Will continued to watch the Orcish woman in intervals so she couldn't pull out any hidden weapons or even make a mad dash for her camp.Will had always considered the taboo of Humans seeing nudity in a bad way a little on the weird side, but walking out of lime was even worse to him so, he never dared to break it.

Noticing that she was obviously having troubles with the injury he’d given her, he deemed it his moral obligation to help her with her last buckle. ”Here I'll help you with that...” with a distinctive clamp her final buckle merged together to tighten her clothing together.

Will had been told by many that he was very daring, but never seemed to care enough to change it for them. So when he asked for her name in a casual manor, he never thought shed be so willing to give it up. ”Wait you're Farods daughter? As in the Farod who united all the Orcish tribes together?” this came as he huge shock to Will surely he'd send someone to try and get his daughter and when that time came how would she react?

With a deep sigh Will swept some sweat off before taking a seat next to his Orcish companion. ”Shelur? That's a beautiful name do you know what it means though?”

Within moments of complimenting her though she seemed to be back to her ways. Starring straight at him he wasn't about to back down in a situation to show ones dominance over the other.

”well, to be honest I'm not sure myself. All I know is I was motivated by a voice that told me you were special and now we’re here.

Unblinking, she mulled over his words, like a cow chewing cud. Over and over they echoed in her mind. A beautiful name. You're special. Her pointed ears warmed with the coming blush, but a few deep breaths had it receding.

It was the first time in her life that someone had shown any interest in her, as a person, rather than a warrior. She was confused. Will was a conundrum to her.

His actions and words completely opposite. He was to arrest her invoked trial by combat, but he spared her when she lost. He was clear in the appreciation of her form, yet insisted she clothe herself.

Deep in her thoughts, Shelur zoned out, her vision blurring. Absentmidedly, she ran her fingers through her sable hair, deftly picking apart knots.

She started, slapping away his hand and jumping to her feet. It seemed, in her unfocused state, that he had reach to pluck something out of her hair, or brush it aside.

"If you wish to keep you hand, human, I suggest you keep it to yourself." She growled low, roughly pushing her hair away. Suddenly, a low sound reached her.

The branches and leaves were rustling. "Shit," she whispered. "They're coming. Go! You must hide!" Her voice was soft and harsh, even as she picked him up and set him on his feet.

He stared at her, his eyebrows scrunched. "Go! I will find you!" She shoved at his shoulder. He didn't move.

The noises were closer now. Sighing, she knelt before him, fist pressed over her heart. "I, Shelur of the people, swear to return after sunset. When the moon is high and the day gone, I will find you"

Scanning over Schelur he noticed a distinct blush come over her face. It was a very odd color to see come over an Orc woman's skin, but parted well with her piercing ears.

Like a stone wall Will kept course giving her no ground as he stood tall in their immature starring contest, but within moments of reforming his resolve his eyes uncontrollably began to blur. Looking her over he absentmindedly moved a hand over her silky freshly washed hair.

But, again she proved her reaction time to be as quick of that of a Bengal Tiger and was just as ferocious. ” I-I'm sorry... I did it without realizing, your hairs just magnificent.”

A slight blush came over his face as he realized what he’d said. In a rhythm like manor his eyes blinked first with water coming down his face. Shit, he'd lost the cold war that, he had started.

Out of seemingly nowhere though he heard patrols of men coming. Dammit he knew she was the daughter of a powerful Orc, but he would never have guessed their response would be this quick they would have to run to get out of this.

”Hide? No! You're coming with me!” Will found it hard to trust her in this situation they had just met and now he was to expect she would find him with no previous spot assured to him.

As the sounds came ever closer Wills nervousness became more and more apparent with his ready stance. Then in a moment of sheer desperation she gave him an assurance no man could refuse. Clasping her hand one last moment Will ran into the forest stoutly believing she would return.

Running through the thickly wooded forest he had cut his face badly causing trickles of blood to run down his face, but nothing serious.

After waiting by a large tree for hours he saw the sun begin to set and quickly gathered himself before starting the long walk. Arriving at their previous spot in pitch black he noticed no one around. In a panic his thoughts scrambled wondering where she was. ”Shit! She must have lied. Dammit!”

She sighed. He'd finally run, and true to her word, she would return. It took some time to convince her men that she was fine, that she was praying. At first they seemed to not believe, but eventually they came around.

When she had stalled them long enough for the human to be long gone, she returned to the village.

She stayed in her hut for the rest of the day, preparing to leave her home. Just before she left, she snuck into the apothecary to grab several pouches of herbs that might come in handy.

With her pack slung over her shoulder, she set off. Shelur knew the paths the patrols took, and went to great lengths to avoid them. She took an alternate path to their meeting place, climbing a tree to wait. Brushing a braid behind her ear, Shelur waited.

The human was slow, that was for sure. But he did arrive, in his own time. She observed him for quite a few minutes, watching as he sat idly. Every time the leaves would rustle he'd perk up, only to have this sullen look come over him.

Feeling she had had her fun for long enough, she jumped down from her perch, landing heavily. In a moment of giddiness, she shook out her hair, the moonlight catching each strand, turning her deep brown hair silver.

Will had never been more tense in his entire life just the thought of her posibly setting up an ambush to catch him brought his mind into dissaray. With every Owl, bird, or sound he jumped like a little girl. If the King were to find out about this he would have Will flogged and stripped of title and dynastic right.

Looking up at the moon he hear a loud rustling above him and instinctively reached for his sword. ”Who goes there!?!” he shouted in a panic before he saw the beautiful well endowed Orcish woman appear before his eyes. Hair glistening as it reflected the light from the moon almost putting Will in a spell before, he shook his head and came back to reality.

”O-oh, thank go its you Schelur. I was so worried that you might have set me up, or possibly altogether ignored my request.” Looking her over she seemed to have a bag filled to the brim with food, herbs, and other assorted good that he didn't know what they were for.

Pausing for a few moments Will looked around a little more in an attempt to grasp his surroundings with more understanding. ”Alright... Well I'm glad that you actually came, but do you have any idea where we should go? I seriously doubt anyone is going to let us stay in my fiefdom anymore after this...”

”Maybe we could go to an Inn or make a camp somewhere far away?” Will was now wondering if his choice to spare her was right, but all he knew was some divine being had pierced his thoughts and told him to protect her at all cost and he had no reason to think otherwise.

Shelur was taken aback. He thought she would set up an ambush? How like a human to take the vow she gave at face value. An orc's vow of their people was as ironclad and unbreakable as the sun rising every morning. Even if she had wished to ambush him, her pride would not allow her to become a vow-breaker.

"My vow was given. I would not go back on it." She sized him up, noticing his lack of supplies. "Good thing I brought enough for two," she scoffed, adjusting her pack and checking her axes.

They were twin blades, forged as one then cut apart. They were the tools of her trade, a battle hardened warrior.

It was then that his last words sank in. If he'd had a plan, she wouldn't have been mad. And now she finds out that he has no plan!

Her voice was eerily calm as she spoke. "You're telling me that you stole me from my life, and you don't even have a plan?" She turned away from him, her fingers twitching for her axes, wanting to destroy something.

Shelur took several deep breaths before striking out with her fist. The tree shook from the sheer force of her blows. Bam! Bam! Bam! Each time she struck the trunk the branches shook, raining leaves and twigs upon them.

"You spared me! This was your decision! And now you tell me that you don't even have a plan?!" She stalked towards him, forcing him to back up against a tree trunk. Standing chest to chest with him, she lowered her voice. "This was your grand adventure. Why me?"

Will couldn't deny it humans were known for going back on their vows quite often. Will found it hard to grasp his way around the vow that she had taken and what had given her the drive to actually go through with it, but the only thing that really mattered was that she had been true to her word.

”Well thank you for actually going through with it...” looking at his supplies Will had nothing compared to his Orcish companion. All he had was a simple bladder bag with water, a loaf of bread, and a simple knife for cutting slices again he had been saved by his partner. " No need to take up an aggressive attitude over my supplies... It only makes your beautiful face look bad.."

Will had been renowned in his fiefdom for being very skilled in the art of courting, but this was the first time he'd taken courting a woman seriously on account of her personality.

"Stole you? I didn't steal you! I liberated you from a life of pointless fighting and an early death!" Will quickly became defensive mimicking Schulars rage by putting it on her. "I'm sorry that I don't have a plan alright!"

Mid sentence will was interrupted by an enraged Orc ho had no mercy for trees it seemed. "Oh, come on what did the poor tree do to you?" Then she turned to Will fear belowed up his chest as he thought what she would to do him. Walking backwards he ran into a tree and before he could move away he was met with her firm breasts against his chest and a barrage of questions.

"Look I'm sorry I choose you, but there's something special about you and I want to know what that is... okay? Now please would you stop blaming me and let's talk this out.

The raw fear in Will's eyes clicked something deep withing her. Though taller than her by two inches, she could see that he was afraid of her. She had meant to frighten him, to intimidate. She was not normally someone who enjoyed scaring others. A pang of regret shot through her, her grey-blue eyes softening.

She sighed, lowering her head. "You did steal me." Shelur's voice was little more that a whisper. "I was content with my role." Before she knew what she was doing, she pressed her forehead against his shoulder. Eyes closed, she felt his arms surround her.

She breathed deeply, trying desperately to calm herself. She went to move away, but stilled, finally realizing just how close they were.

Gods above. She didn't want to admit it, but she enjoyed being close to him.

For a moment she found herself pressing closer, her fingers grasping his sides. She breathed his scent, a mix of sweat and earth, fear and lust. Shelur sighed, pushing away. She couldn't allow this to continue.

Steeling herself she looked at him, meeting his darkened gaze. His face was unreadable, but she brushed it off. "You wish to talk? Speak. I will listen."

Will knew that he was in the wrong in this situation and should probably apologize, but his trademark Noble pride just didn't allow him to. Even when he was at the cusp of being murdered by his companion he still could just say a simple sorry.

Dammit all if he was about to let this girl cry. ”I'm sorry for stealing you...” Will let out a sigh that matched hers perfectly. ”Well I'm sorry Schelur, but I cant see any possible way of us turning this back so the best thing we can do is face it head on okay?”

Embracing her tightly as the tonnes Orcish woman put her forehead on his shoulder he enhaled her scent almost as if by instinct. She smelled like a mixture of some flowers probably because of her recent bath.

As her fingers creeped up his side Will began to notice a more intimate side to Schelur could she actually be a nice girl? Even with her upbringing in an Orcish family she still seemed to care for others.

Moments later she broke off their intimate hug in a way that showed she was doing something she didn't want to do. ”Well, I did have a general idea of what we could do. I've heard of a lost treasure not to far from here in Neuhoff, if we can find it we will never have to think of money issues again. I have a pretty good idea of where it is as well, but if you'd rather do something else I would love to hear those lips of yours sing.”

Shelur scoffed, letting a mask of normality fall into place. "Lost treasure?" She chuckled. "Let me guess, a traveling sales person sold you the story?"

She needed space. Lots of it. Even being feet away, she could still feel his arms around her. She didn't want the feeling to fade, yet at the same time, she did not want to feel this way. Shelur's stomach was tied in knots, giddy and strange.

For a moment it looked as if she had actually hurt his feelings, calously dismissing his idea. Her shoulders slumped, her arm still hurting as she began to braid her hair. The heavy mass would only get in the way.

"If that is were you wish to go, I will follow." She tied the ends of her hair with a strand of leather, knotting it tightly. "Lead on, we must leave. Soon."

The moon had already begun sinking behind the trees. Dawn was fast approaching. "You don't want to be here when the patrols check this area."

She motioned for him to lead, preferring to have no one at her back. Even if she wished to lead, she had no clue where this Neuhoff was, much less how to get there.

Though she would never admit it, she also welcomed the chance to appreciate the view. She had to admit he was attractive with his rider's posture, tall and straight-backed. Her eyes were drawn to his firm backside and muscular legs. He was definitely a warrior from head to toe.

Shelur seemed to be warming up to Will now and in all honesty, he didn't mind that one bit. "What is so funny Shelur?" Will said with a raised eyebrow "I was actually told about it by one of my advisors..."

Finally letting go after of their hug after an awkward cough Will's face light up a crimson red before he began gathers all of his items. "Your arm looks awful Shelur are you sure we don't need to do anything about it before we head off?"

"Glad to hear you're willing to follow me." looking back one last time he looked at her hair and couldn't help but compliment it. "Wow, your hair looks beautiful when it's tied up Shelur."

"Yeah, we better head off I'll lead us on then." Pulling out a map from his deep sake Will found out he would have to start walking east for a while to reach their destination. "Alright I think we should arrive there before the sun comes up so no one will notice us together." the word slipped off his tongue in an odd manner just the thought of the two being together made his stomach ache.

Walking through the thickly wooded woods he eventually happened upon an opening next to a river and immediately ran down to fill his gallbladder with water. "Oh thank God I've been without water for hours!" gulping it down like a man who had been without food for years little droplets ran down his chin wetting his chin. "Do you want some Shelur?"

Just how often did this human travel? He was drinking the river water so fast he'd make himself sick. Shelur shook her head at both his antics and his dig at her, as an orc. It was just another thing she'd have to brush off. It still stung but that didn't matter.

Her own waterskin was still mostly full, though she refilled it. It never hurt to be prepared. She shrugged off her pack, bringing out her spare waterskin.

She quickly filled it to the brim, and threw it at Will. "Here," she called as it left her fingers. "You need it more than I." He looked at her when she spoke, and upon seeing it come flying towards him, tried to duck. He was too slow so it caught him in the chest, nearly knocking him into the river.

She laughed then, a full happy sound. This human had much to learn when it came to traveling for long periods. Her went to pick up her pack, before remembering her arm.

She dug trough her supplies, grabbing everything she needed. The cut was thin but deep. Oh, how she hated stitching herself up. The spoiled lord wouldn't likely know basic field medicine so she was the best she had. After rinsing her wound, she lit a small fire to see by.

Pre-dawn darkness already blanketed them. Biting down on a leather strap, she slowly sutured her arm, not once wincing. Even though it did hurt like a kick to the chest.

After Will had, had his fair share of bacteria-ridden river water, he finally packed his bladder bag. Looking over his shoulder he could see the darkness dissipating as the sun began to rise in the east the direction the two happened to be going.

"Hmmm, The sun seems to be rising in the direction we are going this is a good omen don't you think so as well?"

Caught off guard by her hard throw he was nearly thrown off balance into the river. "Jes, did you have to throw it that hard I know you're an orc and all, but you don't have to do that my lady" Will said with a teasing smile as he took a swig of her waterskin and threw it back to her.

"Glad to see you seem to have a sense of humor now." Will still needed to learn about adventuring since he had never done any adventuring unless you counted his fight with Shelur.

Watching intently as she took a leather strip to relieve the pain of sewing her cut on the fire. "Are you seriously going to do that!?!" Will looked horrified as he watched her close the cut with sewing cloth and didn't even wince. This must have been one of the most painful things she had ever experienced, but she didn't so much as blink.

"Are you okay Shelur? That looked like it hurt a lot jes. Well, we better get a move on now I bet the people searching for us know where we are now we need to go quick..."

She shrugged, kicking dirt on the fire to smother it. Her teeth ached from the force of her bite, her arm throbbed, and she was tired. She'd not had a proper night of sleep in weeks.

"I'm as fine as I'll ever be," she responded packing away her supplies. With everything back in her bag, she made a trip around their resting area, erasing their tracks.

"I doubt anyone will be looking for either of us so soon. Or at least for me. I'm not expected until the feast this evening." She shrugged, sweeping her arm out. "Lead on." Once more he took the lead, flailing through the brush like a babe. She wondered how he had snuck up on her to begin with.

Heading ever eastward, it seemed as though Will had under estimated how long it would take to reach their destination. The sun had fully risen hours ago, just an hour before the spoiled man finished the last of his water.

When they stopped for a meal of dried meats and bread, she again offered him her extra waterskin. Shelur's personal one was still over half full. He needs to shape up, she thought. He goes through so much water, we'd need a wagon to carry the amount he drinks.

Will had never been accustomed to a life of adventure before this. So this was his first time going out into the world and somehow he had already bested an Orc in combat, but for some reason he was always more parched then he was accustomed to.

”Good to hear. I'm going to be needing you in good health if we are going to fight off the grave robbers or possibly bandits...” Will watched as the seasoned raid leader covered their tracks. Maybe he could learn a thing or two from her normally Will would just be the type who left the camp in its normal state.

”Hmmm, you're right. It will probably take them a while and I seriously doubt they will be able to find us with your skills.”Sighing deeply Will pushed back the sweat on his forehead as he walked through a prickly bush onto an open road they were getting closer he could feel it, but his partners determination seemed to be wavering.

Upon stopping for a meal he was greeted by the Orcish woman offering him her waterskin. Giving her a cold stare he waved her away as it was beginning to become apparent that she didn't think highly of him. Finishing his loaf of bread in silence he rubbed the crumbs off his face and got up in a stretching motion to the air. ”Mmmaaaahhh, that feels good alright let's get a move on I can see the mountain from here.”

Finally his destination had become a reality as he looked at the Neuhoff mountain famous for its silver. ”How about we have a little bet? First one to the top if the mountain is entitled to make the other do whatever they want? Sound good? 3, 2! To hell with it." Before she even had a chance to run much less answer Will was running full speed.

Huffing as hard as he could Will sprinted for the Mountain looking behind in to see how his Compainion was doing. Within no time he had reached the top and was on the ground panting and wheezing like a dog. "Ha! Seems I've won, s-so what shall I have you do?"

Shelur shook her head. What kind of childish man recklessly expends energy on a foot race? Up mountain no less! She shrugged, picking up speed until she was loping along. It was faster than walking and used much less energy than running.

Even with him running full speed, she still stayed close enough to help in a battle. She didn't care if he won. If he tried anything untoward, she would cut off the offending parts.

She reached their destination mere minutes after he did. Will was lying on the ground, laughing with his eyes closed. He wondered aloud what he'd make her do.

She sat on a nearby rock, waiting for him to regain his breath. She could almost see the gears in his head turning, as he thought of what he'd make her do. She cast aside her worries, choosing instead to drink from her waterskin.

As the sun climbed, so did the temperature. The cool morning turning into sweltering day. A bead a sweat rolled down her spine, making her shudder. When she could take it no longer, she wet her hair, the lukewarm water better than nothing.

How she wished to remove her leathers, as she would with her raiding party. To feel the sun on her breasts, the breeze ghosting cooling fingers over her skin. She sighed before turning away, to change into a sleeveless tunic cut just above her waist. It was the best that could be done in the presence of the more modest human.

Back
Top Bottom