Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sex Toy Corner - Ask, Recommend, Chat

Sigr

Magenta Goon
ZXicdPH.jpg

Hello BMR! The other day it came to my mind that a place to chat about this interesting topic could come in handy, so I've tasked myself to start it. First of all, I'm no sex toy expert, so there are many areas where other people will have not only more knowledge but also hands on experience, so feel free to join in. A few things that I want to have in mind when writing about such a topic and maybe could be nice to briefly comment:
  • Everyone is different, in body and mind, so what works for others may not work for us.
  • Sex toys are still toys, so don't be afraid to partake in the fun they can bring.
  • As toys, they can be enjoyed alone or with someone else, share the love.
So yeah, I'd love if this was the place where people could come and share their favorites, talking about why a certain toy works well for them. It's also the place to ask questions, as I know that sex toys can not only be embarrassing, but also a daunting task with many things to choose from, so feel free to partake in that way as well.

That said, I'd like to begin with a bit of advice (of course, opinions will differ, so feel free to pitch in):
  • Cleanliness is important. Normally a normal hand wash with soap and rinsing before and after is a solid advice (although this will of course depend on the nature of the toy, it's own instructions will clarify it) and if you want to be extra sure, sex toy shops tend to sell cleaners, normally in spray version.
  • If you are thinking about buying your first toy, think about what you could like, but also remember it's a toy, so have fun with choosing it and don't be afraid of being a little bit adventurous. That said, as we try to discover what kind of toys we like, it's better not going overboard with expenses the first time, as we may find that the kind of toy we got isn't exactly what we were looking for. That said, don't skimp and go for the cheapest toys either, we may not be kids anymore, but nobody likes their toys breaking up.
  • Not all kinds of toys require it, but lube is a nice thing to have in general. If you are having doubts, water based lube may not be the best one, but it's the safest option to pick from and tends to be cheap.
So remember, the only bad question is the one unasked, so if you want to venture into this amusing world but have cold feet about something, just ask. And for the ones that are happy with a certain kind of toy or want to share their reviews please do. Veterans of the sex toy world, feel free to offer any kind of advice that you may find to be useful.

Last edited:
Personally for me, The Hitachi Magic Wand, or HTW is the greatest invention ever produced! since it's a plug in and not battery powered----although I have to admit I'm no techno geek and by now maybe newer models are battery powered---it will keep the power going at a constant level. I've had partners that will tape or rope it pressed up to my vagina, tie and gag me and let the fun begin....within minutes I'm struggling like crazy!

I've been wanting to buy a magic wand for a while, but I have so many other things ahead of the queue purchase wise that are more important. Would you say it's a good investment?

since it's not the cheapest device you can buy, I guess you can consider it an investment....go on Amazon and type in sex toys and you'll be amazed at what's offered, not to mention reasonable prices. Sure, other sites like 'Adam&Eve' have more variety but I feel you pay more at specialty sites. Another great toy is a Rabbit vibrator.....it's a diabolic foot long device with 3 rows of counter rotating little metal beads, a pair of little flickering pyramid-shaped ears on the side (hence the name) and a rotating probe at the top....guaranteed to make you cum

Can't talk first hand about the wand since I don't have one (although I want to), but I have only heard nice things from people with all sorts of equipment down there, so I'd say it's a solid buy. The rechargeable one is way more expensive (usually around twice) than the corded one, so you can cut some corners there. If you don't own any kind of vibrating toy, maybe you could start with something smaller, less potent and cheaper, and if you like the results and want more punch, save for a bigger and meaner one.

Granted, an HMW still isin't cheap----even on Amazon the price ranges from $44 to almost 60---but even the most price wary consumers can find inexpensive vibes. Places like Spencers has the old reliable 10 inch vibes that you can still buy below the $15-20 dollar range. You can also buy dildos on line at reasonable prices...you can buy those little vibrating rings in places like Walmart Pharmacy or Walgreens. YOur partner can use it in you or spend some quality time alone and diddle yourself....

I bought a Shibari brand wand for $30 that was both powerful and rechargable. It.was by far well worth the money i paid for it and i would recommend it to anyone wanting to buy a vibrator. It is waterproof and worked well in the shower for me. Also had different vibration patterns. I got the mini so i could even use it during sex for clit stimulation

excellent advice Littlebear! I'll have to check that out. Also, I don't know how many out there are into electro stimulation....My GF had back surgery last year and her MD got her an Ultima5 Tens Unit for pain relief. She's fully recovered but uses it on me now! she puts one of those sticky 'EKG' type patches on my ass cheeks, the other 2 clothspinned to my vag lips then after I'm tied and gagged she slowly turns on the power....I flop around like a fish out of water.....

Is the elecrtric play a painful stimulation or does it do about the same effect as vibration? I've never tried it since I'm pretty leery of electricity to begin with

Tens units are designed to override natural pain impulses. The control box is about the size of a pack of cigarettes and have 2 control knobs on top, each one controlling the intensity of 2 electrodes, 4 total. The front of the box has all the other controls...one sets how long the unit stays on in 15 or 30 min incerments...another you use to control how the impulses are delivered, either constant, pulsing or modulation (my fave), where it delivers low then high impulses. Tens units are incredibly cheap and you don't need doctor's scrips

Bear Im going to send you a PM regarding the shibari, because im looking it up, since im very interested if the one you got is good, I want to make sure i've got the right kind.

A friend of mine who works in a sex shop can not recommend the Shibari enough as a replacement to the old standard of the Hitachi Magic Wand.

As an example for the variety to choose from, I hit a random Spanish web shop and took a peek to what Shibari wand-like products were available. Four options, all of them wireless, all around a similar price tag, so yeah, color me (purple) and confused:

1: https://i.imgur.com/abfEboR.jpg
2: https://i.imgur.com/RACp6Po.jpg
3: https://i.imgur.com/AR6zYxV.jpg
4: https://i.imgur.com/JBcR9Np.jpg

That makes me understand other people when they have to look through several smartphone models that look basically the same. I only wish that the tech specs of these things would be as transparent and accessible like the phone ones, to at least have something to hold to.

The one i had was the second one and it was amazing. Made me orgasm extremely fast in comparison to taking about 45 minutes doing it manually or with just a dildo

I gind htiachi wands send me too quick from MMM too ARGH! as in too much too quickly. I need things to build slowly.

I love being tied up, legs especially, crossed bound ankles. bound at knees and thighs, and with a vibe inserted working on my slowly, over and over into many orgasms over time. That works well for me... slow building..

hmmm....really? might want to PM you soon for a possible RP....

I agree with you....much more fun to prolong the ultimate wait, to delay an orgasm....use a underpowered vibe, like a cheap $12 one. Just enough to slowly build up while bound and gagged

My sub loves her wand. We have two, the Hitachi works well and can be used cordless. The battery drains quickly though. We have one that needs to be plugged in that she prefers. Combined with a crop while tied up is her preferred method usually.

DangerousDanielle2 said:
I hear that!....Mistress loves to gag and hogtie me, using some thin cord to tie the HMW right up tight against my *******

You most definitely sound like my kind of girl lol.

if you want to get your partner something a little different, you could buy a pair of vibrating panties.....they look like regular panties but a small vibe is in the bottom

Sex Toys

Anyone ever bough a toy from here? Looking for idea or suggestions.

https://www.adameve.com/t-7_14_17-5-best-masturbation-toys-women.aspx?cm_sp=Banner+Ad-_-5+Masturbation+Toys-_-For+Her+Banner+1

Not from there, but any sex toy shopping advice would largely depend on what kind of thing you could be looking for and for what kind of context. If it's for use with a someone else involved, a sex toys aren't that different from normal toys, good kids like to share so everyone has fun, so it should be something that everyone involved enjoys. If it's something for a private use, there are just too many things under the sky to recommend blindly. Maybe you want something penetrative, or maybe not. Powered to vibrate and move or not. Maybe just some lingerie, kinky outfit or accessory.

Just think about what makes you curious and think you'd like or want to try, narrow it down a bit so we can be of more help. If it's your first buy, try to keep things on a budget until you find the kind of thing you like, but don't be too stingy either, as quality is noticeable. If you have experience on the sex toy thing, I'd normally suggest going two ways: getting the best thing you can for a kind of toy you like, sort of an upgrade or my favorite, try and get something you don't have, as there are few things more interesting than discovering a new pleasure.

I personally will never buy from Adam & Eve again. When i first started buying sex toys i bought from them and got great customer service but a shoddy toy. It didn't last as long as I did and frankly wasn't worth what i paid. I prefer to buy from amazon now and have gotten good toys at good prices.

Back
Top Bottom