Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is Love Just an Illusion?

Is Love Just an Illusion?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

Pols Voice

Ball of Fluff
Throughout the years I've had a fair number of relationships, but no matter what I do to try and keep them, the world just seems to want to screw me over and make it hurt a lot...

I've been with my partner since I was 14; I'm 22 now, and we live together and will soon be wedded. It's not an illusion to me, I guess we got lucky.

I don't think it's just illusion. Sometimes there seems that there isn't any hope, but you've got to be optimistic that things will get better in the future. That's what personally keeps me going. I've never been in a relationship myself, but I know the right person is out there somewhere. Love is no illusion whatsoever. It presents itself in different ways.

Yes its definitely an illusion mostly because certain people already have no chance at attaining it. There's no way in hell that a normal guy like me could offer anyone anything that they want . You have be a certain type and have lots of money . Not to say that I don't work because I do . At least 60 hrs a week but as I've been told I have no chance in hell.

Not knocking against personal experience or anything, but it might be a good idea to note that the US census reports 45.2% of legal adults are unmarried. So 54.8% are married, and then some amount of additional people are unmarried but in relationships. Not to say all marriages end up happy and loving, but somehow people are ending up as couples together. We can assume that at least some portion of those marriages are based on partner satisfaction and love. There are so many successful marriage stories out there. And even tho nearly half of marriages end in divorce, that doesn't mean the couple didn't feel love toward each other at some point during that relationship.

And more than that, love isn't just romantic love (although I assume that's what's being discussed here). Nor do I think love is a static thing. It's not exactly something that just happens to you. Anyone in a successful relationship will tell you that love is an action; it takes work, and it's an ongoing process. It's an illusion only if you think it will come out of nowhere and fall in your lap.

Back
Top Bottom