Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Atlantic City Sins (LocalFriendlyPsychopath x Poppy) *HIATUS*

Poppy

Star
Miria Abernathy was one of those women that tended to be the talk of the town. She had moved to Atlantic City, with dreams of becoming a singer. After all, there were plenty of clubs and cabarets to perform in. She was a country girl from the mountains of Tennessee who always had big dreams and an even bigger drive. So she had enough of her small town life, not wanting to get married in her early teens, and ran away to go and make her dreams come true.

The woman had short blonde hair with waves in it, as was the popular style. Her honey colored eyes were flecked with golden looking hints, something that many people envied. Anyone who would pass by her on the boardwalk would think she had to be some sort of model. She was a respectable 5’8”, and even taller once she put on her heels. During her journey to Atlantic City, she had taken a year or two break in the northern part of Virginia, close to the capital. There, she worked for a few clubs that were willing to take a singer underage.

It was performing there that she came across her benefactor, a politician who believed that she had what it took to become famous. It helped that she reminded him of his deceased daughter. So with him as her patron, she had the money to make it to Atlantic City and get settled. She selected a small house in a nice neighborhood, which was close to the boardwalk. It was nice being so close to the sea that every day she could walk to it if she so desired.

There was a man in the neighborhood, at least thirty years old. But he certainly was handsome, but he seemed to keep odd hours. Their houses were side by side, so it was inevitable for them to interact. But thanks to Miria’s sleep schedule due to performing at night, it wasn’t uncommon for her to cross paths with him. Other than a greeting in passing, they had never talked about anything else. The blonde woman had hoped that he would approach her, not wanting to be forward. She was just 20, and had the world as her oyster.

What she didn’t know was that her neighbor happened to be involved in gang activity. And that a rival gang had mistakenly identified her as his sweet heard, and was planning to get revenge against him for it. She had the evening off from performing, deciding to make dinner for herself. It was nice to cook the foods she grew up with, fried chicken, collards and more. But it was a challenge to cook for one, as when she was younger she had to cook for herself and 12 other siblings. She always made too much, and planned to take a plate over to the handsome neighbor and introduce herself. But nothing ever came of it.

As she was home for the evening, she wore a light pink slip of a dress. If she would have needed to go out, she would have slipped on an ivory dress made from chiffon that hung off her shoulders and brushed mid-thigh over the slip. It had a deep v-cut underneath her sizeable chest, making her wish so much that her chest was flat as was the fashion. It had the same cut down her back, which revealed the pink of the slip. She was wearing a pair of slippers in order to be comfortable, humming to herself as she cooked dinner.

RE: Atlantic City Sins (LocalFriendlyPsychopath x Poppy)

Little did she know the Black Chevrolet Master that had just rolled up outside her house had people who were so... vile. Evil cruel men who were here for one purpose. They waited, watching as she did her work. Once she was done with her lovely little dinner, they moved in. There were three men, two in trench coats and one in simple worker's attire. The worker walked up to her door and kicked it right in, stepping aside for the two men who moved towards her. One smiled as he pulled out a gun, the other put his hands open, "I'm sorry, are we interuptin' dinner? Gettin' ready for good ol Jackie boy to get home?" he said to her, "We can wait..." he said, "And, why don't you wait with us sweetie," He said as the man with the gun pointed her towards a seat.

The worker set about her house, tipping things over, looting through drawers and cabinets as they looked for something it seemed. He kicked walls and hit tilese as if trying to find something that wasn't there. He smiled at her, "We hit his house last night, and nothing is there, which means he hides it somewhere else... and since he doesn't own no other property, its gotta be with someone he trusts," he said to her, "So... be honest with us little girl, tell us where he hides it, and you'll get outta this without a scratch from us," he said, "Hell, we'll even protect you from ol' Jackie boy should he try ta hurt ya, we saw you singing, you're good, you got talent," he said to her.

The man with the gun spoke up finally, his weapon still pointed in her direction, "Jackie ain't gonna be home anytime soon huh? You made enough for one... I'm guessing he's out running... which means ain't no one coming to save you," He said to her. He glanced around the house as the other man tore it apart, "Its a damn shame, this is a nice place sweetheart," he said as he looked her over, "And you are a nice... NICE gal..." he said with a predatory smile.

The other man interupted him, "Hey, we ain't monsters, we ain't here for that, we're just gonna have to show her WHY she should listen to us," he said to her as the worker came back to the first man again. He leaned over and whispered something to him and the man sighed, shaking his head, "Alright doll, where's the still? Where is he brewing this crap? Where's he storing it?" he asked her as he stood up and walked towards her.

When her front door was kicked in, Miria dropped the dishes that she had been trying to clean up, her best china from Woolworth’s shattering on the hardwood flooring. Most of her polite company knew how to knock, so she was fairly certain that this wasn’t someone she knew. She barely had time to make it to the entryway to her kitchen, which gave her a straight shot to see through the small living room and to the front door. Her eyes were wide as the trio of men entered her home, going to remove her apron slowly and put it up on a peg as the gun was pulled on her and the man started to apologize. Miria was fairly certain that he didn’t mean it for a moment.

“Jackie Boy…?” The blonde woman sounded confused, looking between the group of men. “I don’t even know who you’re talking about…” The only way she knew her older neighbor was thanks to his last name. She certainly wasn’t even on a first name basis with the man. As the gun motioned for her to take a seat at the table, she slowly walked up to it, not turning her back to the men. The singer didn’t want for them to risk taking a shot without her seeing as she sat like a lady, crossing her legs and keeping clasped hands in her lap to keep them from shaking.

As the worker set about to destroying her home, she frowned, confused as to what was going on. “I live here all alone...I don’t have a fella for a friend even!” Miria seemed adamant, not knowing that it was only coming across as her trying to protect the man they were so certain was playing house with the woman. She froze as he made mention of her singing, wondering how long they had been following her.

“Listen, ain’t no one comin’ home!” Miria raised her voice, wanting to be heard over the din of noise, a shiver of fear running down her spine as the man with the weapon made mention of how nice both she and her home were. “I don’t know what you’re lookin’ for, but if you leave real quiet like, I won’t even bother callin’ the law or askin’ for help with the repairs.” With her nerves rattled, it was easy to tell that she came from the south.

“Still…? Brewin’...?” She frowned, remembering her family that made moonshine in the mountains. “You’ve got the wrong gal, I ain’t ever let a drop of liquor touch these lips. I see what it does to men...all the time in the club! So no one is makin’ any hooch here!” Miria slapped her hand on the table, open palm, hoping to drive her point home.

The first man, the one who had done most of the talking grabbed her hand after she slammed it on the table. He held it there for a moment as his free hand whipped out a knife and stabbed clean through her hand. He put a hand over her mouth and cooed to her, "Quite down now, no crying, no screaming, you'll only make this worse. I get it... you won't give him up... that just means you'll have to be part of the point we make, I wish it were another way, but you put your trust in the wrong man..." he said to her as he tugged his knife out of her hand and quickly stabbed back into her side. The man who had been knocking things around left as the man twisted the blade.

It didn't take long for the workman to come back, holding a massive canister of gas. He began to pour it all over as the guy with the gun pulled out a lighter and lit up a ciggarette. The man next to him sighed, "I'm so sorry for ya missy, and I can't... I can NOT let this be... clean," he said to her, "It's gotta send a message, and if you were to die too quick... well he wouldn't get the message.. would he?" he asked her. The other man with the lighter chuckled as the first one sighed, "Don't worry, I'll try to make sure ya aren't hurting too bad..." he said as he smashed her head in with something.

With that they scooped her up, and took her out to there car as they started her house on fire. Before they left though, they were sure to use the knife that had been through her hand to pin a note to that bastard Jack's door. Once they were in the car it was a short ride out to a small opening in the woods. There, the men waited. If she made any noises they would torture her further. Stabbing her in such a way that she wouldn't bleed to death, or beating her upside the head till she was Silent. After hours and hours that turned to days, she heard another car drive up.

A voice came to them that sounded familiar, yet different. A voice she had heard in town, "Jack's been back for a day, he ain't comin' to her rescue, which means he doesn't think we're gonna go through with what we said..." he said the three men assembled there. A shuffling noise was accompanied by a man coming into her view, though he was hooded enough that it wasn't clear who he was, "I'm real sorry doll, you had a good run, but we gotta make a statement, and Jack cares about you, more than anything else... so bad things gotta happen to the things he loves. We can't kill Jack, cause he's useful to us, but we can't let this shit go either," he said, "I'm real sorry doll," he said. And with that he fired a few shots from a pistol into her gut.

The others walked away as the man made a cross over his chest, 'Rest in peace, I hope you find a better life on the other side," he said softly to her as he dropped a hat. As he walked away one of the men asked what was up with Jack and the old man sighed, "He's been home for a day now, he saw the note, he's been pacing back and forth and frettin' and worryin'..." he said to him, "But he didn't make a god damn move, so we gotta push his hand. Damn shame too," he said. Though he said these things it was hard to tell if she could hear them, what with the bleeding out as her stomach bleed acid into her wounds, causing immense pain.

The men left and the sounds of footsteps could be heard once more, getting closer, and closer... and finally, a face, almost human but not quite appeared before her, "I can help you," it hissed, "I just need your permission. I can save your life, and all you have to do... is get revenge... kill the men who just tried to kill you... kill them and bring there operation crashing down around them in this town... and I'll give you the power to rule the night. You'll be queen of this town, able to do whatever you want," the strange face said to her as she slowly began to fade from existance, "Make the choice... Quickly...' it said.

Miria’s eyes widened when the knife cut through her hand as if it were no more of a challenge to slice through than paper. Before she could scream in agony, his hand was over her mouth, and she looked up to the man with real fear in her eyes. Very few things in her life had made her this afraid before. But the unfamiliar group of men meant business, and whoever Jackie was had gotten her into a mess of trouble. When the knife was withdrawn from her hand, she moved to bring it close to her chest and hold it with her other hand, tears running down her face as she sobbed. She was still in so much shock from the first stab that she didn’t notice him slash down for her side, only feeling a burning pain in her side as the blade cut through her clothing and flesh.

When the blade was twisted, her eyes rolled into the back of her head, and she didn’t register the man returning with a full gas canister. It wasn’t until the stench of gasoline mixed with the iron in her blood, and she looked about, sobbing behind of his hand that was trying to muffle her. It was impossible to focus on everything happening to her, and the hard strike to her head came as a blessing in disguise. She didn’t have to watch her beautiful home that she had worked so hard for go up in flames. But as they moved to pin a note to her neighbor’s home, Miria realized exactly who “Jackie Boy” was. The woman didn’t have much longer to think of it as she succumbed to the darkness tugging at her.

After a few hours, she came to, tied up and laying on the ground in an unfamiliar forest. She certainly made a commotion, but after being hurt for the act, Miria was certain to try to be on her best behavior. Even though she was in agony, she did her best not to make a single noise. Perhaps being a model prisoner would show them the error of their ways, and she would be allowed to leave what had turned into her worst nightmare. She was unaware of how much time had passed, as she constantly was in and out of consciousness. But even in her altered state when a different, unfamiliar car pulled up she did her best to sit up to hope for the Police. Whoever it was counted these men as his peers, and the men had a conversation in loud whispers.

Miria’s eyes caught sight of a hooded figure at the edge of the clearing, a confused look on her face as she focused on that instead of the man who approached her with a gun in his hand. She had just enough time to register the weapon and try to scoot away, ending up with her back against a tree. She took the gunshots to the gut, her hands falling limply by her sides as her blood rushed out of her body. The men were leaving her there like this, dying and bleeding out. Everything was growing dark and it felt like their voices were far away, and slowly getting fainter by the second. Miria felt so bitter in this moment, as she waited for Death to come for her.

The strange face that came into her view made her snap back to reality. Somehow, this person was going to give her another chance at life. And in exchange, it seemed he wanted so little. Regardless of what he wanted, the young woman wasn’t in a position to say no. Bringing these men back here and forcing them to repent for their sins against her was perfectly fine in her book. Unable to open her mouth and produce any words, she simply nodded her head up and down to say yes. Whatever he had planned, Miria hoped he would do it soon.

The man giggled and rubbed his hands together, "EXCELLENT! I shall save you and you, in turn, will help me," he said to her, "Those men," he said as he crowched next to her and ran a finger over her wounds, licking the blood off his fingers, "Those men did this to me," He said ot her, "I used to work for them... the things they've done... I'm happy to find someone who's willing to do what needs to be done," He said as he leaned in and bit into her neck. For the next minute or so he drained her of all her blood, and she would indeed die. But a few moments later, she would feel her eyes open. He heart was no longer beating, and her mouth had his wrist in it, his blood, a black ichor like substance moving down her throat and filling her with a dangerous power.

After he pulled back he looked over his handwork, "you'll heal, it'll hurt, but you will heal... you have a few hours to find a place to hide. I'd suggest going to your home, or somewhere you can trust... and you'll need to find a source of food... in case you don't know yet, you're a vampire," He said to her with a smirk, "I'll know where you are, so you don't need to worry, once you get yourself a little human pet you can drink from and can take care of your needs, you'll be ready for training... keep in mind you'll need them to drink some of your blood, but without draining them like I did to you," he said to her, "I hope you got all that, because...' he said pulling a small pocket watch out, "I need to leave... I have many plans, many many plans yes,' he said with a smirk, "Good luck deary, stay out of the sunlight...' He said to her, "Three hours till sun-up!" he reminded her as he quickly disappeared beyond where she could see.

Back in her neighborhood Jack sat there, a bottle of scotch in one hand and a pistol in the other. He was paranoid, panicked. They had kidnapped her. When he found the note he hadn't been able to read the final bit of it. ALl he knew was that they wanted him to meet them somewhere, the directions however were smudged, ripped away by what he only assumed was blood. He took a swig of his scotch, the ice cubes in it shaking and clinking against the side of the tumbler. He glanced at the mirror on the wall, looking at himself. He was a handsome young man usually. Tall, sharp looking, a chisled face and a strong jawline gave him a masculine figure any man would be proud of. His body wasn't particularly built, but he looked good regardless, a slender body with some tones.

That was before this happened. He was pale, and shaken. He hadn't eaten in almost a day and a half. He barely made it home from the last run, when he found the note. He hadn't been in contact with anyone so he had no idea where she might be, but he saw what they did. He saw that they'd burned her house down. He had walked into the wreckage, the police still looking around, and found a small teddybear he had given her last Valentines day. It sat on the table in front of him as he put his drink down and lit up a cigarette with his slow, shaky hands. He stared into the charred toy's eyes and sighed, "Where the hell are you? What the hell have I done?" he whispered to it as he closed his eyes and leaned back in the chair.

Back
Top Bottom