Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reforgotten Memories (SeythexButterfly)

It was not to much longer after that, Laine started to stir again, groaning as she squirmed slightly under the covers. Slowly, her eyes crept open just the slightest bit to look around. Everything was so unfamiliar to her. Her eyes finally feel about her savior and she was even more confused. "Mmmm," she groaned a little closing her eyes again, but still awake, "What happened?"

Laine's savior had been tending to the growing fire when she came to beneath the multiple layers of covers. "I found you washed up on the beach. Looks as if you were under for a while. I'm surprised you lived." He poked at the reddening coals a bit, making sparks fly up. The back of his hulking figure would be seen by Laine, overshadowed by the reddened light. "Are you alright?" He asked in a deep but concerned voice.

She turned a little to look in his direction, "I was?" She closed her eyes and tried to recall how she could have ended up on the beach like he said, but she recalled nothing. Nothing at all. "I suppose I am... I don't know. I don't remember anything before this moment." She gazed at his form, outlined in the fire light, "Who are you? I suppose I owe you my thanks and my life."

He chuckled warmly, still looking at the fire. "You owe me nothing. I'm but a lowly shell collector, who happened to come upon a damzel in distress. But you can call me John." Satisfied with the fire he stood up from the floor and took a chair from the oaken desk across the bed from Laine, rotating it around on one leg and sitting down before her. "Memory loss?" Without a word he leaned forward, wrapping one brutish hand about the girl's chin he pulled it up so as to get a better look at his guest's face. "Well, you look familiar, perhaps you're not from too far off." He smiled assuredly, releasing her chin. Little did either of them know... That she looked familiar to John because of her previous life, as the governor of a neighboring island. Little did Laine know, was that John had a secret life before his secluded shell peddler business...

Laine's screams over the howling squall were the last agonizing memories Kaji had before he came to... "He'll be fine." The doctor reassured the old helmsman as he questioned him on Kaji's status.
"That's a relief, thank ye' doctor." The old man shook the young doctor's hand.
The screams abruptly ended, drowned by the grey roiling seas of the storm. Kaji's eyes opened as Laine's voice left him. He grunted aloud and flinched in pain as he came upright in the cot, feeling the wrapped wound in his shoulder. "Captain!" The old man came to his side, kneeling over with some difficulty. "How're you feeling?" He asked, looking to his captain with hopeful eyes.
"L-Laine, where is she?" Kaji asked with a crazed sleep deprived tone.
"She fell overboard.. We..." The old man hung onto his words, knowing full well what this meant to the captain.
Kaji's hand took a handful of the old man's coat, pulling him violently towards him, he looked into his old blue eyes... It was true. Kaji's hand was shaking as he let go of his helmsman. With a toss of his covers he bolted out of the medical ward, the doctor and his helmsman looking out the doorway after him. Kaji stalked in agony down the hillside tropical town, "No..." He fell to his knees as he came down to the beach at the water's edge, taking a handful of water between his two hands and looking into it, all the memories of him and Laine played out before him, and splashed away as his hands came apart. He looked up to the sky, suddenly looking calm, his silvery hair splashing over his grey eyes, soaken with sweat and tears...

She was alive, had to be. But suffering... He would get up to set sail again, the crew would have to be on board within a few minutes. He would spare no time saving his queen.

"John," Laine repeated slowly, looked up at him from the cot still before she went to sit up, "I don't know what you can call me. I have no memory of-" she paused as the covers slipped off her now upright form and she felt suddenly cold. Took her a moment to look down and notice the reason. She had no clothing on...

A bright blush covered her cheeks as she gasped and pulled the covers back up against her bare skin once again, "Oh! Oh dear!"

He smiled awkwardly at her, looking over his shoulder at her clothes hanging out on the line, blowing in the sea breeze. "I'm sorry, getting your clothes off was a matter of survival, they were wet and cold and you desperately needed to warm up." He stood up, sighing lightly to himself, "Just lay back and get some rest, I'll wake you again for some supper." There was no sign of deviance in his tone or facial expression despite the fact he had seen a beautiful woman naked. He was truly a modest man.

She was still blushing as she quietly laid back down upon the cot once more. She was a bit embarrassed about revealing herself like that to a total stranger. Within moments though, she was sleeping again. In her dreams, she say flashes of images. A random array of things that made no sense at all to her mind at this time. A grand manor, a ship, a man pinning her to the wall, another man with a dagger gleaming in his hand as he smiled wickedly down at her, that first man, bound to a chair, the sound of her own voice screaming in her head... she awoke with a start, not sure how long she had slept...

She slept long enough for her to smell the meat he was cooking outside over a fire. Her clothing was laid out upon the desk's chair across from her resting place, dried fully and heated a bit in front of the fire for comfort. John was outside the cabin, cooking their supper all the way through. Again, the fires mesmerized him, a blank look in his eyes as they stood fixed upon the dancing red spikes. The prepared meat was beginning to turn to something more edible, soon it would be ready.

She gently pushed the covers back from herself and watched bare foot across the room to the clothing. Was this her clothing. She studies each piece before putting it on. The breeches were men's but they seemed to be made to fit her perfectly. The shirt on the other hand was big and over sized. Once on, she raised her arm to her nose and took in it's smell. It was overpowered by the smell of the sea and the smoke of the fire, but there was still a hint of some distant and very familiar scent. She could not place it, but it was a scent her mind knew well, even being mostly covered up. With a sigh, she exited the little shack to meet with John outside. She noticed he was in a bit of a daze, looking into the flames, and so she cleared her throat to get his attention before speaking up, "I don't know who I am, but I certainly have odd taste in clothing."

He looked up to her with a light smile and a chuckle, "I would have to agree my dear!" He chuckled, waving an outstretched hand to his firesite over to the vacant log beside his. "So you don't remember who you are... Nearly drowning might have that effect on you." His welcoming expression came to one of concern, nodding at the log for her to sit on. "Well, I'll take you to town in the morn, perhaps you fell off the dock. I have to sell my wares then anyways." He reached over to a ceramic plate beside his seat, taking a metal stick to the steak he had been cooking, he plopped it on. "Until then, Perhaps some hot food will clear the cobwebs, from that pretty head of yours." His voice almost had an English air, one of nobility, far off in some other time.

Far off... The QuickSilver sailed full speed across foreign tropical waters, they had travelled far to give Kaji aid. He stood hunched over the bow of his ship, deep in thought of how he would regain his queen. A deep pain in his heart he refused to realize until he found her... Dead or alive.

She took the seat he indicated, looking at him with a pensive look on her face a moment before shaking it off. It was something in his... his voice. Another something from her distance memories perhaps? She supposed she would need to get use to that. It was happening a lot. She smiled as she reached out and took the plate from him, "I hope you are right. There certainly are a lot of cobwebs in my head right now. Every time I close my eyes or hear a sound, it's like it triggers something in my mind that just can't surface to the correctly." Picking up the meat, she daintily started to chew at the meat. It was cooked to perfection. "Mmmm, this is fantastic John!"

John smiled, chuckling again. "Unsurprising, I'm sure new experiences will be much better. I'm so used to cooking this stuff for myself..." He stared at the meat in his lap boredly before taking his own bite. He sighed as he chewed, looking at her across from him, the fire making her glow. A pale beauty, no doubt someone's woman far away. He had never seen her around town, it was a large place, no doubt he wouldn't have remembered her even if he saw her in the crowds. The stars were out now, blanketing the black sky above them, giving their own illumination. "So should we make up a name for you, my dainty friend?" He asked, laughing at how she picked at the meat like a civilized girl. Civilized... That made him think.

She was still chewing away at her food as she shrugged her shoulders, "I suppose so. I don't even know what a good name for myself would be. I don't think I am a Mary or a Beth. I just... I feel like I'm something not so common. Other than that..." she trailed off a little bit before starting up again, "I suppose you will have to name me, won't you? What do you think I look like?"

John laughed at his guest's thought processes, shaking his head and looking into the fire. "Name you, I'm only taking care of you! I'm not your keeper..." He was still smirking though, "Sara. That'll do until we reclaim your real name." He said simply, finishing the rest of his meal and placing down the plate on the gravel beneath his seat. "You're something not so common eh?" He turned about now, placing his hands upon his knees and looking right at her on the other side of the fire. "That might be, not often I have a washup with a bad case of insomnia on my hands." He joked, smiling a bit before his brow lowered into a more serious and reassuring expression, "We'll find where you belong, no doubt Sara. Somewhere in town up the coast."

She sighed a little and put her now empty plate down next to her. Putting her elbows upon her knees and resting her chin in her palms, she stared into the fire they sat before, "I hope so. I mean, what if I have a family or something. Do you think they are looking for me? Or... what if I don't have anyone? What if I am alone in this world?"

"A beautiful girl such as yourself? You're from a royal family I'm sure." He complimented her easily after she beat herself up like that. He stood up and sat down on Sara's log, placing a big arm about her shoulders. "Easy now, I'll make sure you get where you belong." He looked down to the blonde in the light of the fire, beautiful girl she was.

She lifted her chin to smile up at him, "Thank you John. I don't know how to repay you. I promise I will find a way someday." She laughed slightly turning her face back towards the fire, "If I truly am royal as you think, I'm sure I could give you much for you help."

John smiled down at her, then up to the fire, sighing as he seemed to go off to a distant place, a distant memory.

The fire before him turned to one of a burning pirate ship in his memory, one of the many he had torched during his career as an officer in the royal navy of the seas. He had dreams of capturing Bayne someday, which had never come to fruition. He stood during those days, pale as an officer should be, in full uniform, hands on his hips as he watched the torches being tossed end over end to the ship's sails, the one they had just ruthlessly destroyed. The navy had a personal vendetta against pirates, and while the government that controlled them took an official stance against them, they never encouraged extraneously violent acts against the thieves and pillagers. "Kill every one of them!" Captain John Delane's voice boomed over the crackling fires.
"Sir!" One of his solders reported up to the officer with a crisp salute, it seemed unnecessary over the fervor of the raid. All the pirates had been burned, "We've found captive women and children below decks! They look to be kidnapped!" He looked worriedly to the already burning deck of the ship.
John's eyes stood fixed upon the building fires, "Leave them... They're part of the pirate's league now as far as I'm concerned." That fire burned long into the night, and those that could stand the thought of killing innocents on their conscious celebrated as long as those embers burned.

Weeks later, out at port in the capital, John would recall dealing with Governor Henry, a good politician, always standing for what was good... The young officer stared across at the older man in disbelief at what he was saying.
"B-but sir! There was no way we could have taken those people aboard! They had been fraternizing with pirates for weeks!" John slammed his hand down, the interlaced fingers shaking.
"You murdered those innocent people in cold bl--"
"Daddy!" A young blond girl stormed into the room, flanked by a worried maid, "Look what I found!" She giggled, holding her hands open to show her darling father a trinket...

Her face came back in a flash. John's arm tightened around Laine's shoulders... "Your name." His eyes stood in the fire, having recognized the girl, "Your name is Laine." He affirmed, his face calm, but the look of realization came upon it... Dark though it was.

She gasped slightly as the name played itself in her mind. She could hear it being said over and over by different voices. All familiar, but no faces to match them. The name it fit. It felt right.

"I...I think you're right...!" She was full then with hope and happiness. Smiling, she turned to face him, "You knew my name? Then you HAVE seen me before! You know who I am?" So very hopeful!

John remained there for a moment, head bowing down eyes fixed upon the dirt. "Yes, Laine. I remember little bits and pieces of you..." His grip tightened around her shoulders, his mind raced.

His wretched father would go on to compliment Laine on her discovery, placing her on her feet to run along, two soldiers would come into the room, their tall hats and rifles pointed into the air. "John Delane, you are now under arrest for the murder of the innocent people of a victim island." The two soldiers would take him away to jail... Where he would later escape before his one sided trial.

The forsaken officer had plans for her, indeed. "I just want you to know, Laine, that you belong to me." He turned about on the log so it was between his legs, he pulled Laine close to him, so that his large figure loomed above her in the night sky. The fire crackled again, the embers playing out on his worn shoe. This would play out nicely... He had a grand plan for his one, but so pretty she was... He remembered her vividly as a child, such a pretty little girl.

John's hands wrapped around her sides, trailing up to the sides of her breasts. "Do you understand me? You're mine." He exclaimed. The insomnia would play out well for him, she was in deep...

Laine was looking at him shocked and confused now, to say that least. The way he suddenly seemed to change and touch her. Alarms where going off in her head. She could NOT understand him!

"What are you.... but you just told me not long ago you did not know me..." she attempted to push his hands off her body. Something was not right. She just knew it. "How can I be yours!? I don't even know you!"

Despite the way she panicked more and more as he spoke John remained cool, a thin devious smile on his face, the purest form of revenge stuck on his mind... "Your father... He was a nobody." His hands came up to her breasts from behind, squeezing them testingly, "You're a nobody." He laughed, ripping her shirt open. Now he felt her tits through her bra, feeling over the nipples and pulling on them with his beefy fingers. Laine would feel John's breathing getting heavier through her golden curls, bearing down on her neck.

Laine gave out one good loud scream, getting desperate now to pull away from him. He was lying! She knew he had to be but she could give no evidence of it except for the feeling inside that he was wrong. That his hands on her were not right. It wasn't right! None of it! "You're lying! You're lying to me! Let me go! STOP IT!" She jammed her elbow back into his stomach to try and free herself!

"Ouch..." John felt over his side mockingly as she elbowed him, pushing her forward so she fell over the log she was previously sitting on. He laughed, standing up with the log between his legs. Hands came onto his hips as he gave a boisterous laugh, "What are you going to do?! Run?" He cackled, shaking his head. "You've no where to run but back here. I payed good money for you you know." He waggled his finger at her as he stepped towards her, "So go on! Run! You'll find no where to hide." He laughed aloud, "Your father sold his one and only daughter off to me!"

Even John was starting to believe it... How the tide could have brought him his true enemy's daughter... It had to have been given to him.

Laine went pale, "He... he would never..." she could not remember anything but would her father do such a thing? She did not know, but if he did... that stung. It hurt. How could he do that to her- NO! This had to be a lie! She was no man's SLAVE!

Memories flashed in her head, just a voice saying things to her... "You are my slave and will act as such" "My slave... Under these eyes..." "Why don't you mount me... Slave. Use your wet sex..." "Mmm... slave..." She shuttered! They were all the same voice, but was that voice John's? The work was almost said with passion, not the way he was saying it. But.... perhaps she was...?

"NO!" she cried out as she struggled to her feet and took off running! She did not even know where she was going.

Back
Top Bottom