Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

When Hell is Full 1x1 [Irish & Izzy325]

Irish

Super-Earth
Summertime was well behind and autumn setting in with cooler temperatures and an increase in the on-again-off-again showers that Tom had become familiar with since moving up to Washington for school. Originally from Northern California, the computer technology student was thankful for the change of scenery. He even had a decent group of friends now, including his roommates. For the most part, he enjoyed the typical mid twenties college life. His goals were laid out for him in his education, and he had that part time job in IT for a smaller company. It was through that job that he met one of his friends, Matt. Two years older than Tom, Matt already had an established job doing computer and communications work for a handful of firms, and it paid him well. It was work that he could take anywhere he wanted, but he chose to hang around here. Washington afforded him plenty of opportunities to get into the outdoors in his downtime, an enthusiasm that Tom didn't necessarily share.

With the middle of the workweek drawing to an end and the approach of the weekend, Tom was already making plans. He wanted to get out, maybe hit the bar scene, or even mix it up a bit in someway. He'd had to check with his roommates for ideas, he decided as he neared the small house he shared with them. Parking his car out front on the curb, he strode inside, announcing his presence with an "anyone home?" as he shut the door behind him and kicked off his shoes.

The cool autumn breeze sent a chill through the air as a young brunette walked back to her car from the office. Olivia Matthews went to school to become a social worker. As the weather grew colder so did her caseload. Usually, because many of the homeless population were now looking for housing as a way to protect themselves from the incoming cold weather Washington was about to receive. Olivia had spent most of her adult life in Washington. After the beauty graduated high school she ran away from home. While the Matthews looked like the picture perfect family they were far from it. Olivia wanted to put as much distance as she could between her and her father. Thus, she found herself at the University of Washington. Where she met Tom and the rest of her friends. Olivia leaned on Tom while at school and outside of it. The pair even decided to move in together with other friends. For the time being while they all figured out the careers.

Olivia climbed into her car turning it and as she did so. The social worker checked her mirrors and turned the radio on. The radio host spoke about all the weird occurrences through the country. People who were perfectly fine turning around and attacking their loved ones, and complete strangers. Doctors had no explanation for it as more and more people became infected. The doctors and the government believed it to be contained so for Olivia there was no worry. She just hoped officials were able to figure out what was happening and cure these people of their affliction.

Olivia drove back to the house her and Tom and Greg rented out together. Like usual she was the first one back as she noticed no cars in the driveway. She grabbed her bag and walked inside and threw her bag on the counter. Olivia walked over to the living room and threw herself onto the couch and scrolled through her Instagram newsfeed for the next couple of minutes. She could hear a car pull up to the house which made her wonder which one of her friends had arrived.

The front door could be heard as it opened allowing someone to enter. Olivia could hear Tom's deep soothing voice echo through the house. "In here Tom..." Olivia yelled as she heard the man walking towards the living room. "I talked to Greg this morning and he wants to hit a bar...or club he said he didn't care. Are you up for that?" She asked as she leaned up on the couch to look at the man. "I don't care one way or another, to be honest. I think he's just looking for a hook-up." Olivia said a smile spreading across her face. Greg was known in their group as a ladies man. In the sense that he hit on women at all times. He didn't care, in fact, he looked for reasons to do so. "We can invite Matt too if you'd like." She asked as she brushed her light brown hair behind her ear.

Tom followed the sound of Olivia's voice towards the living room, taking off his jacket as he walked, leaving him in just his jeans and a dark gray T-shirt. "Did he have a place in mind or was he just throwing it out there?" he asked when he reached the room. "We can see if Matt wants to go, but he'll probably flake." It was known that Matt was a bit more conservative than most. A Colorado native, Matt was more down-to-earth, reserved. The bar scene was not his natural habitat, unlike Greg.

"Well, maybe we can convince Matt. It's been so long since he's gone out with us. It's about time. I'll text him in a minute." She turned around and grabbed the tv remote changing the channel to CNN. A news anchor was reporting another recent attack of a man attacking a young girl as she walked home in the middle of the night. The news reported that a new drug was the culprit of all of the bizarre attacks. Olivia shook her head as she turned to look at Tom. "Can you believe this? More attacks?" Olivia turned up the volume to the TV as news reporter diverged more information. "Officials have yet to make a comment. But sources have revealed that authorities are baffled as to why these sort of attacks are on the rise. We will be back with more later tonight." The pretty new anchors smiling face left the screen as commercials came on. Olivia lowered the TV volume before reaching for her phone.

"I just wish there was something they could do for these people. Do you really think it's drugs? I mean that's the only possible reason for all of this. But I mean I know bath salts can have that effect but I can't remember a drug affecting these many people at once." She unlocked her phone shooting Matt a text asking him to go out. She put her phone down waiting for a response. Matt wasn't the type to keep his phone on his person all day so Olivia wasn't going to wait around for an answer. As she placed her phone down she could hear the front door opening. Greg's loud voice could be heard throughout the house. No matter where the man went he had to make sure everyone knew he was there.

"So bar tonight right? It's been a while since we've hit the town. I was thinking we'd hit up a bar and see where the night takes us. I was thinking the cruise room for tonight!" Greg like always was a ball of energy leaving everything in his wake. He moved through the house quickly calling up any girl in his phone that would meet with him tonight. Although if he found a woman who was prettier he'd ditch her in a heartbeat. "So you guys will be ready in an hour or so? Ok. Great." With that, Greg went up to his bedroom to get ready. Olivia turned off the TV and grabbed her phone. "I'm gonna hop in the shower. Call Matt and see if he wants to go...or do you think I'd have more of a chance at convincing him?" While Olivia and Matt knew each other well she thought Tom might have a better chance.

“Sure, yeah I’ll call him, said Tom. After both his friend had taken off to prepare for the night, Tom picked up at the remote and turned off the television, walking to the kitchen as he pulled out his phone. It took a few rings before Matt picked up.

“Sup bud?” Tom’s friend answered. He didn’t sound tired or sick to Tom, so he already began making assumptions about Matt’s answer to the pending offer.

“Hey, we’re all going out tonight for drinks if you wanna come with.”

“I’m not too busy. You need a dee-dee or what?” asked Matt.

“I figure we’d just catch a cab if we needed to,” Tom answered.

“Why bother? You know I don’t drink heavy.”

“Cops don’t care how many you have these days.”

“Fuck ‘em.”

“Suit yourself. Greg wants to head out in an hour.” Tom informed him, opening the fridge to take out a soda.

“Okay. Text me the place or something and I’ll meet you guys there in a bit.”

“Sure. See you.”

“Bye.”

Phone conversations with Matt were typically short and direct. Tom liked that. It was a stark contrast to Tom’s mother, who would talk in circles, repeating what she said several times in a single conversation. It drove him nuts. Partly the reason he didn’t talk much to his folks if he could help it. Pocketing his phone, he cracked open his soda to take a drink.

Olivia headed upstairs to the towards her bathroom to start getting ready for the night. She figured Matt wouldn't want to go out with them but she hoped Tom would be able to convince him. The beauty hopped into the shower and quickly rinsed off the day. Working with low-income communities was rewarding but emotionally exhausting. A warm shower would do the trick in terms of getting her relaxed. It had been a while since the four friends had gone out. Olivia could barely hold her excitement.

The brunette finished using the shower and wrapped a towel around herself before heading back towards her bedroom. She went through her usual routine to get ready. First, she lotioned her body, they put on a pair of booty shorts and a t-shirt in case her makeup got on her clothes while she did it. Her hair was next. She used a blow dryer to dry it quickly before and brushing it making her hair cascade down her back in beautiful waves. Next came her outfit. She had decided on olive green knee-high boots, blue skinny jeans, and a white camisole top. Lastly, she put on a gold necklace she'd bought a couple of years ago.

She made her way downstairs looking for Greg and Tom. She could hear Greg milling about in the kitchen mixing their drinks. He always insisted on making everyone pregame before the bar. Which resulted in everyone wishing they were dead in the morning. "Tom, did you convince Matt to come out with us? Or is he gonna sulk at home like usual?" She asked laughing as she made her way towards the kitchen in search of one of Greg's famous drinks.

Tom looked up from his seat at the dining table, one hand resting around the base of his sofa can. Olivia could always impress whenever she got ready for even a casual night out. When she inquired about Matt’s attendance, Tom nodded his head. “He said he’d meet us,” he replied. “He said to text him wherever we went. Speaking of that,” he said then, “did we ever decide where we’re going?”

Olivia was genuinely surprised that Matt decided he was going to go out. Matt was fun no doubt about it but the man rarely drank and he overall liked to stay in the house. Either way, she was happy he would be meeting them out. It would be an interesting night, to say the least. "I think everyone is going to be at that bar Williams & Graham. We've been there a couple of times now. It's usually pretty fun. And Greg will have his pick of the women there." She said laughing as she unlocked her phone ordering them an Uber.

"The Uber should be here any minute now...Greg! Let's go." Olivia yelled as she walked towards the kitchen to chug down the drinks he had prepared. She grabbed a glass off the counter and sipped it. She scrunched her face in disgust at the drink. "Jesus Christ Greg...why is this so strong." She said laughing as she took another gulp of the drink.

"Tom come to taste this, it's horrible. And the Uber will be here in five minutes according to the app." Greg grabbed his own drink knocking it back quickly before making another. "Tonight's going to be fucking crazy. I can already tell." Greg said as he took sips of his new drink. After the group finished their drinks the Uber arrived. "Text Matt and let him know we are on our way." Olivia said as they hopped in the car and made their way to the bar for what they believed to be a night filled with fun and alcohol.

Tom glanced between Greg and Olivia, the former mixing drinks with zeal. Tom couldn’t fathom how somebody could be so dead set on getting fucked up before they were even out the door yet. At Olivia’s beckoning, Tom conceded and took a drink from one of the glasses, stomaching it before setting it aside. One and done was his safety rule when it came to anything Greg put together. When the ride arrived, Tom grabbed his jacket and headed out after Olivia, joining her in the car. As they pulled away, she reminded him to text Matt, to which Tom pulled out his phone and did just that before saying, “Any bets on how long Greg manages before getting us all kicked out?”

Olivia laughed at Greg's question as the uber pulled away from their house and drove them towards the heart of Denver. "I'm gonna say he makes it at least two hours. But I might be giving him too much credit there. Two weeks ago he got kicked out about fifteen minutes after we got into the bar. I thought the bouncer was going to rip his head off. I had to talk the man into not beating him up. I doubt you even remember Greg. You were so wasted." Olivia said finishing her story about Greg's wild antics. "I remember I innocently started hitting on some of the lovely ladies at that bar and the bouncer most likely getting jealous because of how much gave I have." Greg said his words slurred a bit as the alcohol took its toll on him.

Olivia couldn't help but laugh as Greg spoke. "I hope you mean by innocent that you borderline attacked these women. I was surprised none of them slapped you across the face because I would have." The rest of the ride entailed the group talking about all of the times Greg had gotten them kicked out of the bar. Despite all of his flaws, Greg was a good friend. Olivia had a long talk with him about consent after the incident and she thinks he understood how it worked now.

They gained entry into the bar without an issue for the most part. The bouncer watched Greg warily but allowed him in without much resistance which the group was thankful for. Olivia grabbed Tom's hand as Greg followed behind. "Let's get a drink and then go over in the corner. It's probably the only place in this bar left with space." Olivia ordered herself a tequila sunrise, Greg's Long Island and Tom's drink before they went to the corner of the bar to wait for Matt.

Back
Top Bottom