Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nintendo Switch - Games to Look For?

RoleplayMaster

Supernova
Hi all. With Black Friday coming soon, I'm going to be getting a Switch and some games. Just wondering what games people would suggest I get? Both mainstream titles or ones not so known.

As of right now, I know I'll be getting a Switch, Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart.

I'm thinking of getting Mario and Rabbids, Binding of Isaac, and MAYBE Zelda. I've never been much of a Zelda fan, however with it being described as the 'least-Zelda Zelda game', and having watched gameplay, I'm considering it.

Anything else I should be putting on my list?

Well I know that at least for myself, Fire Emblem Warriors is a go. It's the tried and true nature of Dynasty Warriors games, but I like them and generally don't tire of them. Zelda is a must if you ask me. Why have a Switch and ignore one of it's better games? I don't know if you'd be into something like Street Fighter 2 or ARMS, but they are there.

I'm going to get Xenoblade Chronicles and hope for a new Animal Crossing soon.

Lady Red said:
Well I know that at least for myself, Fire Emblem Warriors is a go. It's the tried and true nature of Dynasty Warriors games, but I like them and generally don't tire of them. Zelda is a must if you ask me. Why have a Switch and ignore one of it's better games? I don't know if you'd be into something like Street Fighter 2 or ARMS, but they are there.

I'm going to get Xenoblade Chronicles and hope for a new Animal Crossing soon.

I do believe I've heard something about the Switch and Animal Crossing.

There weren't very many good black friday prices on the switch here in Canada. Here's hoping boxing day has something better going on.

I enjoy Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (was surprised they made DLC for it instead of just a straight sequel with a level editor option...maybe someday) and Yoshi's Crafted World is a nice evolution of the formula of the last few Yoshi games.

Other than the standard Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, Three Houses is a good Fire Emblem game. Good for newcomers to the series. I also hear that Luigi's Mansion 3 is really good. Mario Maker 2 is a good one to pickup as well.

I would highly recommend Animal Crossing!
Especially right now a lot of people are playing it which makes the community part of it a lot of fun!

I started playing Octopath Traveler because of the work shutdowns and while it's not terrible, it doesn't really have anything that sets it apart from standard JRPG fare, at least not yet. You have a great deal of choice about what order you pick up new party members until you've collected all 8 of them but only a handful of them are anything resembling compelling.

I don't think there are that many old-school style JRPGs on the Switch as of yet and it's made by Square-Enix so you could do worse.

If you're a fan of the more old-school Mega Man type games, may I suggest Shovel Knight?

Shovel Knight isn't Switch exclusive but it's definitely fun, though it's more like Megaman ZX than old school Megaman given the short range melee style rather than the shooting and charged shots from Megaman. Actually it reminds me a bit of Ducktales with bouncing on the weapon he holds like a pogo stick.

Back
Top Bottom