Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Purrfect Couple~ (Stonetribe x Frogger)

Stonebones

Star
Poor Amaya, it had been such a rough week for her. A few days ago her beloved pet cat, Yoshi, had suddenly passed away. She was a rather shy sort, having trouble interacting with other people. To Yoshi though, she couldn't have been more comfortable around. This feeling couldn't have been more mutual. Both of them adored each other and were pretty much inseparable. So as one could imagine, suddenly saying good bye had broken her heart. She spent the whole next week in solemn mourning, grieving for the loss of her closest companion.

Just last night, she caught a glimpse of a shooting star in the night sky. Like a wistful love story, she wished that she could somehow, see her beloved pet once more before drifting off to sleep. Unbeknownst to her though, he wish would miraculously come true, thought certainly in a way she would least expect! For when she would come to wake the next morning, the very first thing she would lay eyes on...

Was a boy. A young man whom looked to be very close to her own age. For reasons unknown though, he was stark naked. Stranger still, he sported what appeared to be cat ears and a cat tail, both black in color. He sat there cross legged on the side of her bed, looking straight at her with hopeful eyes and a slight smile as she slept, waiting patiently for her to awaken.

Yoshi-chan…

A single tear fell down the girl’s cheek, glistening like a diamond before it was soaked by the pillow. A soft, intangible whimper escaped her throat next, just for slivers of green to appear from beneath long, thick lashes. Fingers curled into the sheets. It was not long before Amaya rolled over onto her back, more tears spilling… the heel of a fist digging to roughly get rid of the evidence. A sob threatened to wrench free… but she pushed it deep down, so it could not escape. Amaya opened her eyes, hands resting against her forehead as she gazed up at the ceiling.

Is this pain ever going to end? Her heart feels as though it is made of lead. Her stomach is in knots. Nothing… matters. Amaya swallowed past the lump in her throat, and went to sit up… only, she did not get that far. Her eyes were drawn to the left, and… and…! Almost immediately, Amaya tugged the blanket up to her chin, leaving nothing but her eyes and her tangled gold hair in view. Her heart began to race fast, just as she began to tremble.

“W-Who are you?!” Amaya demanded to know. “Wh-What are you doing here?! Where are your clothes??” Blushing red as a cherry, the poor girl had no idea what to think. Luckily it is just her in the dormitory right now… else, things could be a lot worse. Amaya covered her eyes quickly, twisting away from the strange boy. “G-Get out!” Amaya cried out, heart racing far faster than she liked. “Get out!”

Yoshi's ears perked up when he saw Akai stirring underneath her bed sheets and his tail flicked about in excitement. It took her a little bit, but when she finally noticed his presence he opened his mouth to speak. Before he could say anything though, she started shouting. He was a little taken aback, this was rather unusual. She was usually most cuddly in the morning, he could only tilt his head quizzically at her odd behavior. Well, it was actually a pretty appropriate reaction to seeing a naked stranger in your home but it seemed odd to him at least.

Rather than run out of sight like she demanded and like almost any other boy who was caught naked in a girl's room would, he simply crawled a little closer to her and placed his hands on her shoulders. In contrast to her bewildered and cautious attitude, he spoke in a cheery and excited tone. "Good morning master Amaya-chan! Did you have a nightmare? Your acting kind of strange. It's okay, it's just me Yoshi. We can go back to bed if your still tired, I love sleeping in with you after all!" With no regard to her personal space he nuzzled his cheek against hers, letting out an audible purr as he did so.

Huh?! Amaya's heart leapt into her throat, and for a fraction of a second… she could have sworn that, like in anime where this sort of… situation arises, steam went out of her ears. Is she still dreaming? Yes, that has to be it. There is no other… there is no other option. “You… You-? No! No!” Amaya began to shake her head back and forth, gold hair swaying with the motion. “Impossible! You… You can’t be-! Yoshi-chan passed away! He was a cat! You? You are a boy. A naked boy! I’m sorry, but will you please leave?!” There is only so much she can take of this. It’s just… He is naked. Really… really naked. Where are his clothes?!

“I-I-I have to… I have to go,” Amaya blurted out, just to press her hands onto his chest - his bare chest. A gentle shove put some distance between him and her. In the blink of an eye, Amaya is scrambling to get out of bed… to run away from this crazy, impossible situation she’s found herself in. Of course, as fate would have it… she couldn’t escape so easily. The blankets got tangled about one of her feet, and right as she thought she was free… Amaya is hurtling to the floor. A loud thud echoed forth from the impact. In nothing but an oversized shirt as pajamas, it fell down, too… revealing her white lacy panties, her long slender legs. “Ow…” Amaya groaned, lifting herself up just enough to rub her sore nose.

For a moment, all he could think to do was stare at her blankly. Crazy as it sounded, Yoshi was almost as confused as she was. Did she really not know who he was? He was her beloved Yoshi-chan! Her little kitty kitty! He frowned a little when she pushed him away. Perhaps he did something to upset her and was in trouble? Even then though, she would act much differently than she was right now. Before he could respond to her frantic behavior, she made a run for it. Or rather, she tried to make a run for it. Instead she clumsily tripped over her own blankets, swiftly embracing the ground with and audible thud sound.

"Ah Amaya-chan! Are you alright!?" He exclaimed. With considerably more grace, he jumped off of the bed and maneuvered himself in front of her on all fours. He then laid down on his belly, his own face dangerously close to hers. "Are you feeling alright Amaya-chan? You're not ill are you? Because you're acting very strangely. I mean, how could I have passed away if I'm right here with you? And of course I'm a cat, can't you see my kitty ears and tail?" He twitched his ears to emphasize his point and also briefly turned around to show her his tail, and unwittingly his bare butt. Face to face with her again, he continued speaking. "You're really starting to worry me you know.."

Every beat of her heart longed for the return of her beloved kitty… but… he can never come back, can he? Is she really so lonely that… she is crafting this hallucination so early in the morning? Amaya’s nose hurts, but her heart hurts ten times worse… no, a hundred times worse. “You… You are not Yoshi-chan!” she cried out desperately, clinging onto the truth she has seen with her own eyes… the truth she knows deep down. “Y-You might have ears and a tail… but you are not Yoshi-chan! This is just a cruel joke! You-You-! You are a boy!” Amaya’s eyes gazed out at the strange person from between her fingers, tears glittering in the corners, like dew resting on blades of grass in the early hours of morning.

“You… You’re a boy,” Amaya pointed out again, this time on a heartbroken sigh. A balled fist rubbed at first one eye, and then the other, sniffling following soon after. “P-P-Please… Please, just… leave me alone. I have to get to class… and… and I can’t be late.” Amaya twisted away from him to climb up onto her feet, wave upon wave of gold tumbling over a shoulder. “Y-You know where the door is,” she told him, albeit in a hoarse whisper. A fist pressing over her heart, as if that might protect it from this new hurt, Amaya went to the small closet nearby. It was all a lie, but she has to get rid of the boy somehow. Besides, there is no way he could know she doesn’t have a class, not at eight… Amaya swallowed past the lump in her throat, waiting for him to leave in abated silence.

Before, he was equally if not even more confused as she was, albeit for a completely different reason entirely. Why on earth was she behaving the way she was? Did something awful happen to her that he just didn't know about? Why was she so very insistent that he wasn't who he was? Whatever the reason, the things she was saying were starting to make him feel hurt and upset. Tears welled up in his eyes as he frowned dismally. It showed in his voice as well, becoming a little shaky and unsure. "A-Amaya-chan, what's the matter? Do you really not recognize me? Do you really not want me here?" The thought that his beloved master no longer loving him broke his heart just as much as him passing away broke hers.

No! He couldn't let this bring him down! There was no way in hell that someone as kind and gentle as Amaya would just desert him like that. There was something that was seriously bothering her, and even though he didn't quite understand what, it was his duty as her pet cat to help her through this! He fervently shook such saddening thoughts out of his mind and wiped away the tears that were forming in his eyes. He approached her and turned her around, taking her hands in his. "L-Listen Amaya-chan! I may not know what happened or what's bothering you so much to make you feel this down, but as your cat it's my job to help comfort you in anyway that I can just like I always have! S-So please, don't be sad! I'm here for you.." He wrapped his arms around her and embraced her in a loving hug. As he held her close, he continued to speak. "Besides, you're classes for today start at ten, not eight. We can use that time to do some of the things that help cheer you up!"

Amaya froze, having trouble processing this. Tears stung at her eyes, but this time… a soft little whimper escaped her throat, instead of any falling. No. No. It… It can’t be true. Yoshi-chan is gone. Never again will she hear him meow, or find him rubbing against her ankles, or… pawing at a new toy, or… Resolve crumbling, Amaya buried her face into the stranger’s chest, a heartbroken sob leaving her lips. Tendrils of gold tumbled forward, only for a wave to follow soon after, hiding her face from view. Little tremors went through the poor girl’s body, just as her fingers curled into fists at his sides. “I… I do not know,,, how you found out about my schedule… h-however… this is… this is cruel. No! Of course I do not recognize you!” Amaya exclaimed, the syllables of her words fraying, falling apart.

“Yoshi-chan…” Her heart breaking into little, tiny pieces, Amaya did not have the strength to pull out of this boy’s embrace. If she did, she was afraid her knees may buckle. “Why-? Why must you-?” The question disintegrating before it could fully form, Amaya pulled back enough to look into bright blue eyes… eyes that are warm, and achingly familiar. Does she know him? From where? Amaya pushed the thought aside. “Yoshi-chan… was my best friend, my kitty…” she began on a sigh. “Do you understand? Yoshi-chan never could hug me. Yoshi-chan never could… comfort me with words! You are not Yoshi-chan!” Nearly stumbling back, Amaya found the dresser pressing into her back and leaned against it, eyes full of not fear… but of grief. “Please… stop pretending…” Amaya requested of him, albeit quietly. “Look in the mirror,” she told him next, gesturing to the one leaning up against the wall. “What do you see?”

Despite his earlier resolve to help Amaya through whatever it was that was troubling, he was at somewhat of a loss for what to do. He gently stroked the back of her head as he held her, trying his best to physically and verbally comfort her. It was more than apparent that it wasn't having much of an effect however. How could he help this poor, grief stricken girl? It didn't help that she continued to sling such harsh words his way. She didn't mean them of course, she was just confused, and rightfully so. Still, they were very discouraging things to hear from the girl who was most important to him. "P-Please.." He said to her, his own voice starting to crack. "I want to help you, but I'm not quite sure how. And it really is me! Why do you keep saying I'm not Yoshi?"

He halfheartedly reached for her as she pulled away from their hug and leaned on the dresser, feeling more and more defeated with each passing second. She pointed over to the mirror, telling him to take a look. He wasn't sure what else to do at this point, would this at least prove that he was indeed her dear cat? Figuring he didn't have anything left to lose, he walked over and examined himself. Cat ears? Check, Cat tail? Check. Hands and feet? Check...

Wait a minute...

Hands!?! Yoshi jumped back at the realization of him having opposable thumbs, tripping over himself and falling on the ground with a loud thud. He quickly, though clumsily, got back up to check the mirror once more. "Wha-wha-wha- What is this?" He exclaimed, overrun with confusion and panic. "What happened to me? I'm not a cat anymore?! I'm a- I'm a person!!" He ran over to Amaya, taking her hands in his. "Amaya, Amaya! What happened to me!? I-I look just like you now! I'm walking on two feet now! I'm, I'm... OhmygodI'mtalkingIcantalknowAmayawhat'shappening!?!" It would seem that now Yoshi was the one most in need of consoling.

“You’re asking me?” Amaya asked, incredulous. “Are you… really… asking me?” A typhoon of emotions hit her right in the chest, but… the first that came bubbling up did not happen to be grief, or anything along those lines… but hysterical laughter. Not sure how to take this sudden development, Amaya leaned against her dresser, pressing the back of her hand against her mouth to try and… get herself under control. This is crazy. Insane. There is absolutely no way that this is her beloved Yoshi-chan. In a rush of confusion and panic, he takes both of her hands into his, taking them hostage… all while those achingly familiar blue eyes gazed into hers, as though… he expects her to have the answers he is looking for. No. No! It is just not possible. This cannot be happening. As cruel as it might be, she has to kick him out of her room.

Amaya could only offer something mocking a smile. “L-Look, I… I don’t know what sort of… pressure you are under, but… I… I… This is really cruel, pretending to be someone’s cat, one that just passed away a week ago,” she told him, though in a low whisper. “Yoshi-chan is my best friend. I… I will let you borrow some of my clothes, but please… go away. I can’t… I…” Amaya’s words crumbled into heartbroken sobs, but a hand slipped out of his to rub at an eye. Despite her best efforts, tears trailed down the girl’s pale cheeks.

I don’t think I can go to class like this, not after…

On days like this, if Amaya did not feel like going to class, she would curl up with Yoshi-chan and read a good book. Her bed is set up against the wall, right by the window, so she gets a wonderful view of the campus, but… she will never be able to do that now, will she? Yoshi-chan is gone. Never again will she hear his pleased purr when she brought home some of his favorite treats… or confide in him… Amaya quickly turned away from this stranger, shoulders stiff and back straight. “Will you please just go?” she requested, as politely as she was able. “I am letting you borrow some of my clothes. I doubt any will fit, but it is better than going out there naked. I… I want you to go!”

In his sudden realization that he was no longer the small furry animal that he once was, he temporary forgot all about trying to cheer up his beloved owner. Upon seeing Amaya burst out into a brief fit of laughter though, Yoshi remembered and was able to put aside his newfound panic and confusion. Unfortunately however, her joy was very short lived as took back her previous outlook. Back where they started he frowned, his cat ears drooping in a display of his own emotion. Even with his somewhat short attention span, he could see that they weren't getting anywhere like this. The thing that bothered him the most though was that she still didn't accept him on his word that he truly was her dearest Yoshi.

Taking a gentle but firm stance, he spoke to her. "I'm sorry Amaya-chan, but I can't just leave you when you're so upset like this. I'm the best there is at cheering you up whenever you're feeling down. I am Yoshi! It really is me, don't you see? Why won't you believe me? What do I have to do to prove it? If that's what it takes to make you feel better then I'll do anything!" Even after his mini freak out over finding out that he was now inhabiting a new body, he still didn't quite make the connection that such a thing could be the reason why she was having such a hard time believing that he truly was her dear pet. He wouldn't take no for an answer though, he could never leave Amaya like this when she needed him most!

Please. Does he not realize how hard this is for her? Amaya can feel her heart crumbling inside of her chest, as if… as if each and every time he insists, he is destroying her further. It is just not possible. Yoshi-chan is dead. She had cradled his body against her chest as his final breath left him… and she cried over him for hours, just begging to see those blue eyes one last time… to hear his little meow… Amaya rubbed at her eyes roughly, tears streaming down her wrists. “Please… stop…” she croaked. “You keep saying that, and… I just… I know you are not Yoshi-chan! Alright? It is just not possible!” Turning around to face this cruel, heartless stranger, Amaya blinked watery green eyes up at him, just to sniffle and rub at her eyes again.

“Fine,” Amaya just about spat. “You want to prove it? Fine. How about you tell me something only Yoshi-chan knows?” It should not be too hard, if he really is her kitty. Lips twisting in a heartbroken grimace, Amaya wiped away the last of her tears, just to lift her chin. “If you really are Yoshi-chan… then that should not be hard,” she continued on. Yoshi-chan was her only friend in the world, the only one who never judged her, never ridiculed her… the only one who stayed by her side, no matter what. Amaya is trying to move on, really, but… it is easier said than done. It was only recently that she began talking to some of her classmates to fill that empty void in her heart.

She didn't realize it, but it was hard for them both. Seeing Amaya so utterly heartbroken and devastated made it very difficult for Yoshi to keep his own composure. This wasn't the first time though, he was always her go to comfort for when things in life got to be just a bit much for the poor sweet girl. But he was always there to help her, and he would always be able to give her the strength to carry on. Inhabiting this new body of his didn't and wouldn't change that fact one bit. He walked up to her and gently placed his hands on her shoulders to comfort her as he heard her out.

"Oh, is that it?" He asked, some of his optimism returning to his voice. "Well that's easy! I can do that!" He backed up a bit, placing his hand on his chin as he thought of some things that would thoroughly convince her about his identity. "Oh I know, how about this? "Back when you were waaayy younger, you went to one of your friend's ninth birthday party. When you ate the cake though, we found it that you were allergic to coconut! Like, really badly. You where in the hospital for a whole month! It was so lonely with you gone, but you were so delighted when you could finally come home to see me!" He crossed his arms as he awaited her response, satisfied with that bit of evidence that he came up with.

“You… You know about that?” Amaya blushed to the roots of her hair, just to cover her face seconds later. It was absolutely humiliating to go through. Her face swelled to the point where she was barely recognizable… and her throat had closed up, too, hence… the reason she was sent to the hospital. “I was so embarrassed…” Oh, wait. If he knew about… that… Amaya lifted her head up from her hands, shock written all over the poor girl’s features. Tears stung at the corners of her eyes, just as a few dared to slip free and trickle down her pale cheeks. “I… I was delighted to see Yoshi-chan again…”

No. It is just not possible. And yet… Bright green started at his ears, just to slowly go down to where his tail is swinging back and forth. Is this really Yoshi-chan-? How-? How is he alive? Amaya swallowed past the lump in her throat, the tips of her ears burning as the realization sank in. A heartbroken sob bubbled up, breaking free as anything resembling composure crumbled. “Y-Yoshi-chan…” Amaya cried, more tears spilling forth. “Yoshi-chan!” In the blink of an eye, Amaya was burying her face into his chest… arms going around his waist, the girl seeking comfort in any way she can find it. Yes, this is strange. No, not just strange, bizarre… but her beloved feline friend is back. Back! From the dead!

Yoshi was a little nervous as he awaited her response. He was starting to run out of ideas to convince Amaya that he really was her dear cat. If this didn't work, he wasn't quite sure what else would. Surely enough though, the realization would finally hit her. For a brief moment, he could even see it in her teary eyes before she rushed into his warm embrace. He was overjoyed himself to see that they were finally on the same page. Well, no that would be a bit of a stretch to say. There was still so much about this whole thing that was yet, or even if, to be answered. But at least for the time being there wouldn't be anymore identity doubting.

He wrapped his arms around her, gently patting and rubbing her back to sooth her weary heart. "Yes! It's me! You finally recognize me! It's okay Amaya-chan. I'm here for you, everything's going to be okay.." He spoke in a gentle and relaxed voice, not wanting to excite the emotionally exhausted girl anymore than needed. He decided to just remain like this for a while, letting her cry into his chest and get it all out.

Amaya cried her heart out… not in the arms of a stranger, but in the arms of her beloved cat. How is this possible? Just a week ago, she buried him… out in the garden, where he liked to play among the flowers. Now? Yoshi-chan is standing in front of her, not as a small, black kitten… as a… as a boy. Trembling, Amaya pulled away from him five, ten minutes later, rubbing at first her nose, then at one of her eyes. “I… I’m sorry, Yoshi-chan,” she sniffled. “It’s just that… It’s been really hard without you. I didn’t realize how much… I relied on you, not until… not until you were gone. I’ve missed you so much.” Another sob threatening to break free, she could only choke it back.

Okay. Time to calm down. Amaya needs to figure out what’s going on… what they’re going to do. It was easy to hide a kitten in her dorm room… but to hide a boy? Not so much. A hand going through messy gold, the fingers tangled in at some point, lightly gripping on. “How is this even possible?” she asked on a breathless whisper. “I mean… you passed away, Yoshi-chan… I buried you out in the garden… and… and now, you’re standing in front of me…” Naked. Yoshi-chan is a human boy, albeit with cat ears and tail, but he is still a boy… and he’s naked. Blushing darkly, Amaya hurried on over to her closet and pulled out an oversized sweater, tossed it his way. “P-Put that on!”

Yoshi was so happy that he was able to finally comfort Amaya after seeing her so very distressed. He waited patiently as she let it all out, lovingly embracing her whilst providing comforting back rubs. After about ten minutes of nothing but crying, she was finally able to address him properly. He took her hands in his and told her. "No no, don't be sorry Amaya-chan! I'll always be here to support you whenever you need me!" There was still one thing on his mind that he didn't quite understand yet though. "But Amaya-chan, there's still something that I don't understand. Why do you keep on saying that I kicked the bucket? I'm right here aren't I?" It seemed that the young neko boy didn't have any recollection of his untimely end.

He tilted his head quizzically as he tried to puzzle it out. Naive as he was, he could still see that something was off about all this. "Hmm, do you think that it has something to do with this new body of mine?" Before he could think it through any more, Amaya tossed him one of her sweaters and asked him to wear it. "Oh really? Okay!" He said cheerily, happy to comply. He definitely wasn't quite used to his new physique yet, so he had a bit of trouble coordinating himself as he clumsily attempted to pull the sweater over his head, falling onto his rear before he finally managed to put it on. "Ahaha, this feels really weird! I could never wear your clothes before, being a human is fun!"

This is… a new experience, to say the least. Never, in a thousand -no, a million- years did Amaya consider the possibility of dressing a cute boy in one of her sweaters… much less a boy that used to be her kitten. A soft, awkward little laugh bubbled up her throat, just to slip out without her permission. “I-I, ah… I have no idea,” Amaya had to admit. “This is all new to me too, Yoshi-chan. I’m still trying to wrap my mind around this.” Bringing a hand up to gesture vaguely towards her temple, Amaya turned around to see how he’s handling things… just to blush, cover her eyes...and try to pretend like she hasn’t just gotten an eyeful. It was a long minute or two before she thought of checking up on him again. Luckily, he managed to figure out how to pull the sweater on right… only, it doesn’t quite cover everything.

For right now, it’ll have to work. Amaya really doubts any of her pants will fit. “A-Anyway. So, um… are you hungry, Yoshi-chan?” If anything, that is a good place to start… right? The tips of her ears burning, Amaya shifted nervously, looking anywhere but at him. “The cafeteria should be open by now…” she murmured under her breath, “only, I can’t exactly take you with me… I love you, Yoshi-chan, but… you have no idea how to be human.” Rubbing the back of her neck, Amaya bit the corner of her lip next. “Maybe I should skip class today… try to figure this out…” Amaya went on to say, starting to pace back and forth in front of her closet. “I-I mean… I’ve got to… figure this out. Emily knew about my kitten, but I really don’t think she’d believe me if I said that my cat is now a cat-boy!”

Yoshi looked up at her as he sat on the floor crosslegged with a goofy cat-like smile adorning his face as his tail swayed side to side. He was oblivious to how truly bizarre all this was. Finding himself in a brand new body like this surprised him quite a bit surely, but he failed to realize the many many implications and obstacles it would possess. And that was to say nothing about his apparent death and return to life, he didn't even seem to really remember that part at all. "Hmm, so you don't know either? I wonder what it could be then" He said as if it weren't too big a deal.

He eagerly stood up at the mention of food. "Oh yeah, I'm starving! Gimme food Amaya-chan!" He looked around for the bag of kibble and his food bowl, bending over once and giving Amaya another show of his cute butt. "Where did you leave the cat food? I can't quite pick up the scent. I don't think this new nose is as good as my old one.." His ear's perked up when he heard talk of skipping class. "Oh really? That would be fun! We could spend the whole day together then! Oh and good idea! Maybe Emily-chan can help us figure this out. Then the three of us could just hang out! Oh oh we should get some snacks and watch some more of that funny anime!"

“Y-Yoshi-chan!” Amaya exclaimed, the tips of her ears burning crimson. How does he not have a sense of decency-? Oh, right: he was a kitten not too long ago. Felines do not necessarily have to worry about the same things as humans. “Y-Yes, well… I doubt the cat food will taste good to you anymore…” Amaya had to admit, looking anywhere but at him. “Your… nose is not only different, but so will your sense of taste…” Rubbing the back of her neck, Amaya let out a soft sigh of exasperation. How is she going to explain this to him-? An eye cracked open, dark green gazing at him for a long moment.

Ever so slowly, Amaya went to kneel down in front of him. “Ooh, no!” she told him, lifting a finger to bop him on the nose. “We cannot, under any circumstances, tell Emily-chan. Much as I love her, I do not think she will… believe us. It sounds crazy, Yoshi-chan. You did not understand at first, either, when I was trying to tell you that you are… a boy.” Amaya tilted her head, chin resting on top of her knees. “I do not know what to do, though… I cannot very well have a boy staying here… not without a really good excuse…” Nibbling on her lip, Amaya began to worry that she might have to kick out her newly resurrected kitty, all because of a miracle.

The half naked half neko quickly turned his head as she cried out at the sight of his bare rear. Not seeing anything in the room that would cause alarm, he merely tilted his head quizzically. Indeed, he would have much to learn about human etiquette and social norms courtesy of the new life he found himself in. "Do you think so?" He asked, just as curious as before. "So does that mean that I should only eat people food? Because that sounds awesome if so! Before, I would get in trouble if I got caught eating some of your snacks. But now I can eat as much people food as I want?!" Most creatures would likely find the prospect of suddenly turning into something else to be most distressing, but Yoshi seemed to be enjoying the new possibilities quite a bit.

What she told him next would serve to damper his spirits though. His perky cat smile was replaced by a worried frown as he spoke in objection. "Wh-what? Really? You mean that I can't see Emily-chan anymore? But, but, but I like Emily-chan! And she likes me too, she likes us both! We're all friends, we can't let this change that! I-I'm sure that we can convince her. I was able to convince you right? We just have to figure out how, that's all!" Yoshi stood up and took a hold of her hands in his. Just as quickly as it came, his despair vanished and was replaced with the same determination and optimism he had earlier when he was trying to convince Amaya that he was her pet kitten. He would not so easily give up the things that were dear to him.

Nearly blushing to the roots of her hair, Amaya had to clear her throat and look somewhere else before continuing on with the conversation. “Y-Yes, I suggest that you only eat… people food. I think cat food might make your tummy upset,” Amaya put it to him, in a way he would have no trouble of understanding. “Oh, but you will still get in trouble if you eat any of my snacks.” Amaya tilted her head, bits and pieces of gold hair falling over an eye, however it did nothing to hide her coy smile. “You will have plenty to eat, but touch any of my snacks, and you will regret it. Even if you are human now.” Lifting a hand, Amaya playfully flicked the tip of his nose. The smile quickly dissipated, though, replaced by a thoughtful frown. It was cute, how… determined and optimistic he is, but even if Emily-chan believes them… there is absolutely no way she’d be comfortable living with a boy.

“Yoshi-chan…” How is she going to explain this? Amaya gazed into his eyes, nibbling on her lip, not sure in the slightest. “You know how hard it was to convince me that you are… well, you?” Holding onto his hands, Amaya waited until he nodded before continuing. “It’d be even harder to convince Emily-chan. Not only that, but… it was easy to hide a cat in the dorm rooms. It would be ten times harder to hide you, now that you’re… a boy. I don’t think Emily-chan will like the idea of sharing our room with a boy, even if it’s you.” It would be one thing if it was just her, but Emily-chan… Amaya bit the corner of her lip this time, to the point where she could have sworn she tasted blood. “I don’t know what to do…” she admitted in a hoarse whisper. “Unless… Emily-chan decides she’s okay with it, I don’t know…”

Yoshi's fantasy of eating people food was briefly stunted by Amaya's warning not to sneak any of her snacks for himself. True, she was the nicest, greatest person in the whole world in his eyes, but even he still knew not to mess with her when it came to her food. He learned that the hard way when he was still a kitten, and sure enough that wouldn't have changed now that he was a boy. Even still, this was one of the few times he saw her give a genuine smile all day and it warmed his heart quite a bit. He giggled a little as she reached out and flicked the tip of his nose, appreciating her playful antics after seeing her so utterly devastated earlier.

However, such a joyful attitude wouldn't last as the gravity of the situation was brought up again. With a worried frown of his own, he listened to her as she tried to explain why things wouldn't be as easy and simple as he thought. He didn't quite understand surely enough, though he still wouldn't give up so easily he did certainly trust Amaya's word. "Hmmm, you don't say Amaya-chan..." He said, trying to think of ways they could convince Emily-chan and make this work. Then again, it was becoming harder and harder to see his beloved master so upset like this. Perhaps it was better to focus on cheering her up for now, lord knows she definitely needed it. He gave her a very warm smile as he continued speaking. "Well, we'll just have to figure that out later. But for now, how's about we worry about getting us some breakfast instead?" He turned around to the door and pushed up against it as he tried to leave the dorm. He stopped and looked at the door knob, trying to figure out exactly how it worked. "Amaya-chan? How do you make these things open up now? You do something with this thing here, right?" He said as he amusingly fidgeted with the rather simple device.

“I swear,” Amaya could only sigh, shaking her head and placing both hands on her hips. “You have a lot to learn, don’t you, silly kitty?” Uh oh. Does this mean she has to teach him everything? “Come here.” Amaya moved in, gently prying him away from the door and having him sit on the bed. “First off? You can’t go out like that,” she told him with a wry smile. “You might be wearing my sweater, but… let’s just say it is not preserving your modesty any. I have to see if I have anything that might fit you.” Yoshi-chan is not heavily built, but he is still a boy… so there is a distinct possibility nothing of hers will fit. No! Wait! What about her sweatpants? Yes, it is a little hot out… it will work, though, at least for now. Amaya whirled away, just to start digging through her dresser.

Bits and pieces of gold tumbled forward, only to be brushed back by an impatient hand. “Alright, Yoshi-chan? You know how I would change clothes? From my comfy clothes to those I wear out? I am going to ask you to slip these on,” she told him, turning around to offer him a pair of dark red sweatpants. “I would give you shorts if I could, but this is all I have that will fit you. I will have to take you to the mall later, to buy you some clothes…” Yikes. There goes her weekly allowance. It is a good thing she does not splurge too often. Amaya nibbled on her lip, not sure if he is understanding where she is going with this. “You need to stick one foot through this hole,” she went on to explain. “Do the same thing, just on the other side… and then you pull it up until it rests on your hips. Does that make any sense?” Hopefully it does, otherwise, she’s out of luck. Amaya feels like she’s explaining it horribly. There is a reason why she isn’t going into teaching, after all. “I am going to turn around, and… just speak up, if you need any help. Okay?” Nerves fluttering about in the pit of her stomach, Amaya did just that, back straight and eyes staring intently at the wall.

Yoshi merely kept that same dumb, goofy cat smile on his face as she led him away from the door and onto her bed. He was blissfully unaware of just how difficult it would be for her to help him adjust to his new life as a human boy. His kitten mind was rather simple. To him, spending time with Amaya doing just about anything would seem like a fun activity or game to play. He tilted his head as she tried to explain why he needed to wear clothing when going out. "Oh wait, I think I know what you mean. It's sorta like when you're not wearing anything and Emily-chan sees you and then you get all flustered, right?"

He took the sweatpants she handed him, examining them and even smelling them a little, recognizing her scent on them even though his human nose wasn't as sensitive as the one he had as a cat. He nodded his head as she instructed him how to put them on. "Sure thing Amaya-chan, I can do it!" He said in his chipper tone, setting to work on putting them on when she turned her back to him. Just like with the sweater before, he would clumsily and rather amusingly fidget around as he tried to get his legs inside the clothing. She could hear him fall off the bed trying to put them off, but it didn't seem to slow him down none. After a moment, he was able to successfully wear the comfortable sweatpants. "Ah, I think I got it Amaya-chan! Does this look alright to you?" He stood up for her, even giving a little twirl. He seemed to quite enjoy wearing people clothes, if only because it was something new for him.

Back
Top Bottom