Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Through the Night (with Chaos)

Amaranthine

Supernova
Olivia had been duped - the dark haired woman growled as she leaned over the counter of the bar, palms pressed so hard against the marble that her flesh blanched. The man behind the bar didn't falter, not even as her gaze darkened and she leaned in with her lip pulled back in a scowl. The loose curls of her light brown hair were pulled back in to a ponytail, thin lips painted red, and each time she tapped her fingers against the counter the clang of a ruby-filled silver ring on her middle finger rang out.

"If you think you're getting special treatment now you're wrong, babe." The man across the bar looked casual, near fearless given that he knew the woman staring him down well enough to know that she could easily pull his throat from his body if she so desired. He leaned against the bar rack behind him and held her gaze without faltering, and the smirk on his face as he did so made Olivia wish to jump the bar and get her hands around his skinny little throat. Not even two days ago she had been okay - but it was at Adam's hands she had found herself down a road she had never imagined. She had questions and she deserved the damned answers, but here he went trying to act casual when he knew - he knew exactly what had happened to her.

She'd never believed it before, not until he had invited her in to the VIP lounge. She should have questioned that - there was no reason that her of all people should have caught anyone's interest back there. It hadn't been sexual, though - she wasn't there to end up being taken home by some. She had been a meal and Adam had let that happen. After years of growing to trust him, he had let her become one of those... things.

That had been two days ago now, almost. Olivia didn't feel like she was about to explode from some thing or another every second but damn it her throat felt dry to the point of pain and she wasn't a fool - she could relate those urges to the way fangs had pierced her neck and her wrists not long before. They'd thought she was drunk out of her mind, too inebriated to know what was going on or remember it in the future. When she woke up in that same room, now emptied, she knew. She was scared of the word for what she had become, she fought it. She'd begged Adam to let her know what was going on because there was no way she was facing the things that had turned her. In fact, this was the first night since that she had even stepped in to the bar. Every inch of her felt on fire, desperate to latch on to the nearest body to quell the ache and, if she couldn't, scream at the top of her lungs.

"I swear to God, Adam, if you don't tell me why you did this to me I will kill you." She was lucky that the bar was near empty, leaving her threats unheard by unwanted ears.

"Sounds like you need to talk to your friends back there, princess."

That was it, she'd had enough of him - but almost as fast as she could lunge forwards one of the patrons grabbed her by the arm and Olivia swung to see who had dared to touch her with a scowl on her lips.

It was a tall brawny man, long flowing black hair, a neatly growing beard, and dark scary eyes. His skin was flawless, and under his open black shirt he had perfect muscles. His shirt sleeves were rolled up and his arms were smooth and strong, and he looked down at her glaring, his lips pulled back, his sharp fangs clear for her to see. He had been one of the ones to turn her that night before, and now he looked ready to knock her out. "I wouldn't go attacking the bartender little girl, might get you kil-" His words were cut off as his body suddenly jolted in convulsions, some of the electric shock going through his hand and knocking Olivia on her butt as well, but he took the brunt of it as he hit the floor like a sack of potatoes.

Standing over him was a short and slim but toned girl, long blonde hair that was currently overly straight, and light fresh young eyes, scared like a dear in a headlight. She too was dressed in all black, wearing a dress that went just past the knees and looked like there was enough material to not hinder her running, and long black socks underneath. Over it she wore a black canvas jacket, one made of decent quality but had no extra things to get caught on stuff. She also wore a pair of running shoes, as she seemed to be dressed far too practically for a bar like this.
She looked at the man on the ground below her, nervously clutching a black cylindric object in her hands, and piped up a bit nervously. "Y-you shouldn't grab y-young women like that..." She said, and looked to the other girl on the ground. "S-sorry... I panicked. I thought he was going to hurt you.... A-are you okay? I hope you didn't get too much of a shock. I-I'm still learning..."

Olivia recognised his face as soon as she saw it - and as he grabbed at her she growled right back at him. Just moments later, though, her assailant was grounded and she too found herself on the ground. While the man was out, she was merely stunned - he had taken the brunt of the shock. What she wondered, though, was what had just happened. She blinked rapidly as she looked around and then, as the stun wore off, she clambered rather gracelesssly to her feet. Only then did she really notice the woman in blacl who looked like she had just hit a deer in the road.

"Was that you?" Olivia wanted to growl, maybe grab the woman by the throat, but something held her back. The fact that this chick had basically just saved her ass. Instead, no harm came to the assailant - merely just Olivia's sharp tone. "You're lucky that he was going to hurt me, I'm fine though. Just... be more careful. You could have easily hurt the wrong person just now. What's your name, anyways?"

The girl looked down nervously at the large man, still completely out on the ground at her feet, before turning to look at the girl as she got back up. "I... Ya..." She said nervously and quickly fumbled the black rod back into her bag before anyone could get a close look at it. "I'm sorry... I panicked..." She said repeating herself, and blushed a little as she slowly shifted away from the man on the ground.
All around them the crowd was starting to buzz, and some people were less than happy about that man being taken down like that, but most of the people were shocked more than anything, as people were still staring in shock.
"M-my name? I-it's Claire...." She said after a moment of thought, she knew it could be dangerous to give out her name, but this girl seemed to be the only one in ear shot. "W-we should leave... Before he gets back up..." She said nervously, as two men slowly came from the ground, wearing similar attire to the one on the ground.

Claire - okay, Olivia would remember that. She also would have remembered to introduce herself, though now was not the time for that as a couple of the other men approached the bar. Like the man that Claire had just taken down, Olivia remembered those faces vividly. Those were two of the men involved in turning her in to what she was. There was no hesitation in Liv's actions as she grabbed Claire by the arm and pushed her way through a crowd and out the door way. If she stayed, trouble would be caused. She was furious and the anger was brewing in her bones, not just with the men but with Adam and Claire and everything in general - she had to do her best not to take it out on the timid-seeming blonde, but her hold may still have been to tight. She was yet to discover the extent of the changes in her body, after all.

Moonlight and street lamps were all that illuminated the sky and Olivia cut left as soon as she was out of the door. She released Claire's arm a few steps after that with the expectation that the woman would follow but in the end she didn't really care if she did. She took the first corner and then stopped dead in her spot, waiting to see if Claire or the men had ended up following her.

Claire had started to move back slowly from the two scary men when she suddenly felt her arm being pulled a let out a yelp of shock. She quickly turned to see it was the other girl, dragging her out of the bar. She blushed slightly and nodded slowly as she hurried to keep her feet moving with the other girl's faster pace. The hold was pretty tight, and she winced slightly from it, but did not complain.
When the girl let go she stumbled, and stared after her for a moment unsure what to do, but as soon as she spotted the two men still following after and quickening their pace she quickly hurried after the girl.
She almost bumped into Olivia as she turned the corner, and quickly pressed up against the wall behind her. "Th-they're still coming! And I think one of them has a knife!" She squeaked, fumbling into her bag to slowly pull out the long black cylinder again, keeping it part way in her bag with her hand on one end, ready to use it if she had to.

Sure enough, the two men emerged at the end of the alleyway, cracking knuckles and flexing muscles.
"You shouldn't have been asking so many questions." One of them said.
"Especially shouldn't have been causing trouble, either of you." Said the one with the knife. "Now you're going to pay!" And both men lunged at the two girls with shocking speed.

Olivia simply sighed as Claire informed her that the men had followed suit. Had she simply handled this herself, no one would have got shocked and this all could have been handled maybe a little bit easier. She could have got questions answered instead of someone attempting to assault her or this girl. Little did Claire know a knife would be virtually useless against her. The man was fast but Olivia was fast as well, and as she dashed to get out of the way of the swinging knife she pulled Claire with her. She wasn't quick enough, though - the man's knife hit flesh and almost instantly Olivia had to drop her hold on Claire.

"Get out of here. Now." Her nostrils flared and she held her breath, surprised at how overwhelming a simple smell could possibly be. No urge in her life had ever been as strong as the one she had now, and so she pushed Claire. The look in her eyes was all seriousness - once Claire had a head start she would follow after, maybe, but there needed to be space between them. She also needed to try and deal with these guys as a distraction. In a quick, almost too quick, moment her fist came in contact with flesh.

Claire let out a yelp as the blade slashed across her skin. It was quick and clean and only a small slash, but blood was already flowing down her arm. Samael would be disappointed. She sighed, the man the White Council had asked to teach her to stay alive could be a very grumpy man, even if he wasn't all that old, especially by wizard standards. And as she stumbled past the two men, looking back at Olivia, she could hear his voice even now as thoughts of doing as Olivia said appealed to her. "You'd just leave someone to die? Weak, Pathetic. Yours is a power that can save everyone you come across, a power to never be abused and only used for good."
She sighed, took a deep breath, and spun on her heel, as she whipped out the cylinder object. She focused on what she wanted to do, imagined it happening in her mind, and focused all her will on that single thought. All in a matter of a second or two, before shouting something incoherent in the moment, and unleashing bolts of magical electricity from her own body, and out towards the two men. Lightning zigged and zagged through the alleyway, connecting with the two men and any of the metal trashcans and other metal objects in the alleyway, and faded out before it hit the street.
None of it hit Olivia, who could only watch as the two men dropped like stones, a confused and painful look on their face as the screaming faded away. They weren't dead, but they probably were wishing they were.
Claire then wasted no time hurrying over and checking for any guns or knives, only finding a knife on each man, and slipped them into her bag with the rod. She looked up at Olivia with an embarrassed smile, and cheekily asked, "Should we check their wallets for cash too? My combat mentor told me it's always good to leave an opponent with any disadvantage you can give him, given the opportunity."

This girl.. Olivia wanted to sigh but she couldn't, because she couldn't even breathe right now lest she risk tearing Claire apart. Luckily, it appeared to be that one perk of vampirism was that she could either hold her breath longer than before, or outright didn't need to breathe. She hadn't quite tested that out yet and really, she didn't want to even consider the latter. Olivia was attempting to hold on to as much of her humanity that could remain now that she had become one of the undead.

The worst part was that Claire seemed to think she had done the right thing, but all she had done was put herself in more danger. Olivia more than likely would have been able to handle the men at least long enough for the little witchling to escape, and hopefully by the time she caught back up the blonde would have tended to her own wound. With the men now down, Claire offered her a cheeky little grin and all Olivia could do was shake her head with pursed lips and flared nostrils.

"I said go." Three words - they came as a low growl as every inch of Liv's body fought to lunge. The primal urge to sink her teeth in to flesh was going to win. "Clean that up. And go. I will follow, just go."

"I..I..." Claire stared at Olivia, scared, confused, unsure what to think. She slowly looked at the wound on her arm, and then back at Olivia, noticing her breathing, or now lack there of, and suddenly she got it. She slowly started to back away, and nodded. "O-okay... Just take care of yourself...." She said, worried for the girl. Even if she was a vampire, she seemed like an ally. Samael had told her they weren't all bad, just a staggering majority of them.
So she ran, she spun around and dipped out of there, getting distance until she was a few blocks away. She sat down on a bench, and pulled out a small med kit from her bad, wiping down the the arm, cleaning up the blood, and wrapped some gauze tightly around it. Samael would be cross. She let herself got hit. Wizards were better at long range combat, not close range, but they could still improvise should the need arise.
She sighed, looking around, and wondered if she should go back to check on the girl, or wait here for her. Or perhaps she should head home. She wasn't too sure what she should do, but decided to sit still for the time being.

Claire's departure came as a relief to the fresh-blooded vampire, who was grateful to be able to breathe once again once the blonde had vacated the vicinity. Even minutes later Olivia was still unable to shake the craving and to feel that way was killing her - she did not want to be like this. Were there alternatives? Did she have to feed off of humans? If that was the only case, could she avoid killing or turning them? There were so many questions that she had running through her head but no one to answer them - which had been why she was in that bar in the first place. Had Claire not zapped the man, Olivia may have been able to get at least some of the answers she needed. Instead, now she was left wondering and if she dared to return she had no doubt that she would be recognized as the accomplice of this woman. By getting involved in a mess that wasn't hers, Claire had ruined Olivia's best chance at answers and now that she had a chance to calm down (relatively), that fact was just making the brunette pissed off.

She didn't want to - but she had said she would follow after Claire once everything had died down and the blonde had a chance to clean up. Once she figured Claire had enough time, Olivia still waited several minutes - and she spent that time contemplating if she was going to even go at all. The blonde thought she was doing good, though - both fuck ups. Liv couldn't blame her for not knowing what she was getting herself involved in but damn it, the girl needed to learn how to figure out what she was interfering in before she did. The fact that Claire hadn't purposely fucked up made Olivia decide that yes, it was best to follow after.

"You really fucked things up for me back there, just so you know." Liv spoke before she was even in sight; she finished speaking as she turned the corner and tested the limits. While the scent of blood lingered in the air, with the mess cleaned up it was much more bearable. Was there a chance she would still end up fucking up? Well, probably.

Claire sat nervously on the bench, the cold night air making her shiver. She wanted to just go home, but the girl said she would be right after her and she was worried. Maybe she should get a hold of Samael, he would know what to do. She considered it for a while, but decided it was best to handle this on her own, he probably didn't want to be bothered over every little thing.
Still though, how long would she wait before the girl showed up. What was she even doing? Probably not feeding on those men. Could vampires even do that? Feed on each other? She would have to ask Samael. Maybe he would know.

It had felt like forever, and finally she decided maybe the girl changed her mind, she started to reach for her bag to leave when suddenly a voice startled her and she let out a small yelp.
She looked up, jumping to her feet, and laid eyes on Olivia. "Oh good! You're alright!" She said with joy on her face, and hurried over to the other girl before the words sunk in. She stopped short of giving the other girl a hug, and hung her head a little, looking to one side. "I was just trying to help... You looked like you were in trouble... Why... Why were you there anyway?" She asked, curious and concerned about this stranger she barely knew.

The girl tried to hug her - great. Even if Claire had not stopped herself, got all dejected looking, Olivia would not have allowed that to happen. First, because she had a respect for peoples' boundaries and expected hers to be respected as well. Second, because she was still very on edge about everything. With her skin on fire she was incredibly sensitive to touch and she couldn't imagine anything going well if she allowed that kind of nonsense.

"I was in trouble, but that didn't make it your place to interfere," came Olivia's reply. She knew that the blonde had only been doing what she thought was best so Liv was trying not to be too tough on her. The rejected look was pitiful, though. Olivia had never had much respect for those who acted like that when someone expressed displeasure towards them. It was obvious that this girl needed to grow a spine. "Either way, I had questions and they had answers. Dunno how I'm going to get them now."

"You figured it out, didn't you? Why I told you to go?" Because she didn't know for sure if Claire had clued in and didn't want to have to reveal it herself, she phrased her question vaguely while still keeping her meaning obvious enough that her meaning would be clear if the girl did know.

Claire shifted nervously as Olivia continued to scold her, she had wanted to help and seemed to have only made things worse. She wasn't sure what to do as the girl stated she needed answers. She hadn't realized.
She looked up as the other girl questioned her, asking her if she figured out what she was. "I... Ya... Ya! My mentor told me how to identify vampires, your kind is really dangerous even to... well anyway, you mentioned cleaning up my wound and it kind of click. Blood and all that, it wasn't hard to figure out to be honest." She said looking back up at Olivia. "W-wait... wait a minute! I bet if we asked my mentor really nicely, he might be able to tell you what you need to know! He has a large collection of books and has been patrolling these streets for many many years now. He's got to know enough to help you!" She seemed to brighten up at the idea. "And I bet he won't try to kill you if you ask him for answers like those scary men did!" She said, and clapped her hands together. "We should ask go ask him but..." She looked up at the moon, and thought for a moment. "He might be asleep right now, what do you think? Would you be okay going with me to see him tomorrow?" She asked, looking hopeful to have found a solution to the other girl's problem.

Your kind - Liv didn't take too well to that statement but there wasn't much she could do about that. Just because vampires as a whole were supposed to be dangerous didn't mean that she as an individual needed to be - in fact she wanted to stay as far away from that stereotype as possible. That meant she needed answers and while she doubted this girl's mentor would be as useful to her as another flesh and blood vamp would be (what would a witch know of what it was like to be a vampire after all?) it would be better than nothing. Maybe she could at least get the big questions out of the way - after all, Olivia had lacked the knowledge that vampires were even real until she was being turned in to one. It was no surprise that she was clueless.

"You are aware that he will likely be sleeping every night, yes? That's a normal thing to do and I can't exactly day walk any more." Olivia was skeptical but at the same time trying to remain hopeful. Even bound to darkness, there would still be the chance to meet the man in question. As the latter portion of the year neared, days were growing shorter. She might have to cut bed time close (if bed time was 9pm, which would be wierd in its own right to Liv) but even then... better than nothing. She avoided responding to Claire's remark about the "big scary men" - the blonde seemed to forget that the only reason they wished to kill her was because of Claire's own doing. "I would like to though, yes. I'm not sure what other options I have right now."

"Umm....." Claire shifted nervously, her feet moving back and forth, her right hand rubbing her upper left arm. Her brow furrowed in thought.
Samael would be cross, but there was a chance he was still awake. Either way, this girl needed help, and she would have to bother him at some point regardless if she was going to help her. If she couldn't go out at day, then the only choice would be to do it at night. They could maybe wait until night fall tomorrow, but it wasn't even midnight yet, and he did on occasion work late nights...
She suddenly slammed her left fist into her right hand, and shot a look up to Olivia with a determined face. "Let's find a pay phone! I'll call him!"

The phone rang almost five times before a voice answered.
"...Yes...?"
"Uh, h-hi Mentor... I-it's me."
There was a long pause, and an audible sigh. "What do you want little one?"
"I sort of... helped this girl deal with some bad men, but she needed answers from them and now...."
"You blasted them without thinking didn't you..."
"WellSheWasInTroubleAndIHadToDoSomethingAndYouAlwaysSay-"
"ALRIGHT. ..."
"..."
"And you're calling me why?"
"She's a fresh vampire and she needs answers..."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"M-mentor?"
another audible sigh could be heard. "Yes, fine, bring her over. I don't care... What's the worst that could happen... I've slept with a few in the past anyway."
"Wh-what was that?!"
*click*

Claire nervously hung up the phone, turning back to Olivia with a slightly pale face. "L-lets hurry over... C-come on... I'll show you where it is..."

Olivia was... still not very impressed, though she had to appreciate the blonde's dedication to making something work once she had realized the obvious limitation in Liv's ability to meet this man she spoke of. She could pick up the gruff voice on the opposite side of the line, and Claire's mentor's words gave more amusement to Olivia than anything Claire was yet to do - especially that line about sleeping with vampires. She swore she could see Claire pink up at the thought and that nervous stutter...

Okay, even if Claire wasn't exactly on her good side she was cute - and trying. It was obvious that the blonde, whose youthful look reminded Liv of her own, hadn't meant to cause any harm and now that she had the chance to process she was coming to appreciate the effort that Claire was taking. For the first time, Olivia flashed the woman a smile. "Yes, lets."

She said little else until they're part-way there, and she walked just steps behind Claire to allow to take the lead. As they're nearing their destination, she says two quiet words: "Thank you."

Claire nodded slowly, silently, and slowly turned to the direction of her mentor's place, and started walking. She was quiet, deep in thought as they went, not sure what to make of the recent events. Was she really helping a vampire? And her mentor didn't have a problem? In fact he even... She blushed brightly, shaking her head softly to get rid of the thought, her blonde hair swaying back and forth. She wasn't even sure how old he was. He seemed ancient sometimes, but then at other times... She sighed, he always had a grumpy exterior, but she sensed there was more. Loss. Great loss. As if he had experienced it just too many times in his life time.
She kept looking up at the street signs, all of them blurring together, and she rather wished they had taken a car. It was so much walking, and she was getting tired. She stopped suddenly though, when Olivia said thank you. "O-oh... I-it's nothing..." She said, and sighed. "We're almost there..."
She pointed at an old five story brick apartment building a few blocks over. "He lives on the top floor."

A last trek up a flight of stairs and down the stretch of a hallway and they were there, she knocked on the door, and soon a rather young but weathered looking man came to the door. He seemed to be in his late twenties but his eyes looked like he had seen too much. What may have once been bright blues were faded to a grayish tint. He wore a simple orange shirt with two buttons on the neck line, and a pair of loose fit jeans. "Ya, come on in...." He said with a backwards nod of his head, and moved back inside.
The wall directly to the right when entering was only a foot from the door, and lined with bookshelf after bookshelf which were packed full of books, all the way back to the small kitchen with incredibly old appliances. There was a long counter with stools, and at the end of the counter was a bowl of fruit.
To the left and against the wall the door was on, was, instead of where most would have a TV, a long record player with with storage on the sides, and past that a few feet down was the door to his bedroom, partially open to see a full sized bed with the bedsheets all a mess. The wall to the bedroom was also covered in more bookshelves, in fact, any potentially empty wall space had a bookshelf crammed full of books against it.
Across from the record player was a small but long coffee table covered in more books, and past it but before the kitchen was an old but comfortable couch. Closer to the door was a wooden chair with books upon it, and between that and the couch was a small table with an old rotary phone on it. On the other side of the couch was a comfy chair, with some old but warm blankets hanging on it.
Most of the colors in the room were varying shades of orange, with some dull yellows and reds and browns. It had a very earth color this place, and the man seemed right at home in it.
Claire hurried inside, over to the kitchen, and Samael nodded to her, "Make something warm for all of us to drink." he said, and when Olivia came in he shut the door behind her, locking it on instinct all in the same motion.

He moved to the couch, and sat down, picking a book that lay on it, and he finished the page before closing the book and setting it next to the phone.
He looked over to Olivia, studying her silently, a grim look on his face. "So..." He said, his voice less gruff then when she had heard it over the phone. "You're a fresh vampire with no idea what the means?" he asked, her, but didn't wait for a response. "So I can simply answer whatever you want to ask, or I could impart some words of wisdom, in case you forget to ask the right questions, so why don't you take a seat and get comfortable, and tell me what has you worried."

Olivia didn't have to worry about tiring; one benefit to vampirism - she seemed to have enough energy to do anything she might want to. Just days prior she too would have wished for a car, but now such a venture felt like nothing. However, that didn't stop seemingly endless walking from being boring - when Claire announced that they had arrived, Olivia was thrilled simply on the basis that they could actually do something.

She wasn't sure what she had expected, but the cluttered apartment and man inside it definitely weren't that. They came as a pleasant surprise, however - Olivia had always been a big reader and to be surrounded by so many books was familiar and almost inviting - almost. There was no ignoring how nervous she felt as she cautiously stepped in to the apartment and the click of the door's lock brought a furrow to her brow - had she just been locked in? She supposed that was not meant to mean anything, but in the territory of some kind of sorcerer she couldn't help but be concerned.

In person, the man sounded much friendlier than in person. In addition, he didn't look like he could be much older than her - though there was an age in her eyes that she didn't quite understand. As he walked towards his couch, sending Claire off to grab drinks, she followed close behind and without permission she didn't sit. Instead she stood in front of them, nodding. "That is correct. Turned three days ago, bunch of assholes at a bar. I don't really know where to go from here or, well, anything. I'm pretty much clueless and Claire there kind of zapped my attempt to get answers."

He nodded slowly, "Three days... Hmm... And I take it you have yet to feed?" He said, asking her as he studied her face, a hard thing to do with many vampires, the older ones were quite good at faking emotions and deceiving people. It was a vampire thing to some extent. Not all, but a good number of them were like that. A natural talent that came with the curse. "Well first off let me tell you, sun light will not destroy you like you've seen it do in the movies. Not unless you're a particularly cruel vampire, or at least I think that's how it goes. Most of my experience with vampires involves throwing fire at them. Wizards and vampires rarely get along, although I can quote a few instances of them teaming up for something big, so it's not unheard of. As for the sun though, don't get me wrong, you'll want to avoid it, it may hurt, and it will definitely hamper your powers, but it won't outright kill you. I think vampires are just a lot more susceptible to heat then humans are. Probably why fire works so damn well."

Claire busied herself in the kitchen making some tea and coffee for the others, listening in as she kept stealing peeks at Olivia, curious to see the girl have her questions answered.

"So, about feeding. You won't kill your victim unless you get gluttonous or want them dead. And you should only need to feed on one person every two or three nights to keep your strength up. If you want to be really strong though, you may have to feed on one or two a night. Basically the more you feed the more fuel you have. Which makes me wonder, can vampires get their strength from eating rare steaks as well? " He asked to the air, a slight twinkle in his eye as he said it, the idea curious to him, one he'd like to test. "I do know you don't have to skip out on normal food anymore, you can still eat it if you like, but I don't know if you even need it now. I have seen vampires indulge in hamburgers and other mortal foods, so I'd imagine you'd still want to, perhaps even just to keep your sense of humanity."

Claire brought over a round tray to the coffee table, and Samael moved the stacks of books off somewhere safe. Claire looked up to Olivia with a smile, "Tea or cofee?" She asked, having three mugs and a pot of coffee with the kettle of water for the tea sitting on a pad on the kitchen counter.

Samael took a mug of coffee, black as night, and put nothing into it. It was high quality stuff, not some cheap stuff you could get at a local grocery store. He took a sip, and set it down on a coaster, before leaning back and studying Olivia. "So that all said, what kind of questions do you have?"

Sunlight wouldn't kill her - yeah, she had figured something along those lines. She hadn't dared to walk out in the daylight - even propping a curtain open had made her feel like she was burning. Not burning alive, rather a small inkling of heat, like that of a lighter that was creeping towards your flesh. It hadn't killed her, hadn't set in her flames, hadn't turned her to ash - nothing like that. What it had done had made her feel... drained? Not pleased with the sensation, Liv hadn't exactly waited to see what the long term effects would have been but she surely would not have liked them.

"Coffee please," Liv said as Claire asked, and for the first time since the pair met the vampire didn't sound angry or upset. She offered Claire a small smile before she emptied a couple spoons of sugar in to it, passing n any cream or milk. Before the turn she was intolerant and though she imagined that vampires may not have that same problem, the last thing she wanted to do was end up with her face in a toilet because a bit of milk spoiled her. Maybe she should ask about that? Though... why would a wizard know anything about the intricacies of a vampire's digestive system? In the end she elected not to, and held the cup firmly in both hands, the warmth radiating in to her skin. Despite the "susceptable to heat" speculation, Liv had always enjoyed the warmth of a cup of cocoa or coffee... or tea... or whatever warm beverage may be offered to her.

"Just... the feeding thing, mostly. And why - but I don't think you can answer that question. I trusted the man who let this happen to me, and he got me drunk and threw me to the wolves. It's a relief to know that people can survive but will they end up like me? How did that happen if people don't have to die? That's how it works, right - the bite? Turns you?" Of course, she knew very little about the mechanics of true vampirism and just what television had showed her. This was obviously no Vampire Diaries however.

Claire quickly poured her a cup of coffee, before hurrying off to get the kettle for the tea and the hot pad, and poured herself a cup, sitting down on the comfy chair and wrapped one of the old but thick and warm blankets around herself. She stirred the tea around slowly, and let it stew before slowly taking small sips, listening to her mentor and the vampire lady talk.

"Hmm...." Samael said thoughtfully after taking a sip of coffee. "Well, it's hard to say why vampires need blood, I guess it's part of the curse, or whatever it is. As for being turned, yes, it's from the bite, and I'm quite sure it's an intentional choice of the vampire. Whoever bit you wanted to make you a vampire, for what reason, I can't tell you, but, I suppose I could be convinced to go down there and find out for you, it's been a slow week." Samael said with a slight smile, thinking of how kicking around some vampires on a slow night might be fun, that club was well outside what he deemed the safe zone, but it was still a bit too close for his liking. "As for feeding..." He said looking to Olivia, and then slowly looked over at Claire as he sipped his coffee. "You need to have some blood soon don't you..." He said slowly, still looking at Claire, who looked up, getting a scared look as she stared back at her mentor.
"No." She quickly and softly said giving her head a shake and clutching the tea, her face turning red.
At that point he grinned. "Oh yes." And downed his coffee before standing up from the couch and turning back to Olivia. "I think it would be best if you had at least a little snack from my apprentice. She's tough enough, she can handle it."
"But what about..." Claire stammered, interrupting, but Samael cut her off and continued.
"Quiet, I'll explain that, I'm sure it will be fine." He said, and turned back to Olivia, "Wizard blood is apparently much... tastier, to vampires than normal every day people blood, although why more vampires don't come after us for it, I don't know. Maybe we can turn them to ash with a single word?" He chuckled, and shook his head, turning back to his apprentice. "Take her into my bedroom, and sit on the edge of the bed, I'll be in here reading if you need me, just keep the door open so I can keep an eye on you two." He said, and winked at his apprentice, getting a confused and probably scared look from her face.
"B-b-but..."
"No buts, go."
Claire sighed, and finished her tea before slowly standing up and walking towards the door, before turning back and looking sheepishly at Olivia, her face bright red with embarrassment.

Claire's cherry-red face was probably more amusing to Olivia than the fact that some dude basically just told her that he wanted to watch them on his bed. The worst part? Olivia had absolutely no qualms about actually doing that, despite the obvious hesitation of the young blonde. A little dumb at times or not, Claire had a cue naivety in her and Liv remember when she was like that. Hell, she would have been a teenager back when she was like that - though that felt like it was forever ago, only several years had passed since her early college days when she had acted all shy and sweet. Liv was only twenty-two after all.

"I mean.... At least this way there will be something around in case something goes wrong?" Despite him saying that feeding wasn't a death sentence and that for the most part the risk was minimal, that didn't change how worried Olivia was about the concept. She couldn't imagine doing it safely, and frankly having someone around to make sure she didn't go and kill someone made her feel a lot better. The part about wizard blood being extra tasty? Well, she didn't know what to think about that. She had been extremely drawn to Claire when she had got wounded, though. Did that mean she would be less attracted to the average person when they got wounded?

As questionable of a call as this seemed (rational or not, everything about, well, everything was weird nowadays), Liv seemed strangely calm about it all - at least outwardly. She offered Samael a shrug as if to say "sure, why not" and then turned her gaze to Claire. It was up to her whether this actually happened or not.

Claire stood nervously in the doorway, trying to avoid eye contact, as she felt incredibly nervous. It wasn't that she minded helping out so much, or being bit. But she found Olivia to be very pretty, and something like this, it seemed all too intimate. She nervously looked up at Olivia's words, and quickly looked over to Samael.
Samael looked at Olivia as she got up, and then at his apprentice, and gave a sigh. "Look. If you're nervous about dieing, you could always place your blasting rod against her heart." He said almost nonchalantly.
Claire meeped at the thought of putting her weapon against the other girl. "I-It's not that... I just..."
"I assure you, I've had more then two vampire women feed on me. I've survived each one. So, can you help our new friend out?" He asked his apprentice.
"i... well... I've just... O-okay...." She said nervously, wondering just how this experience would go. She just knew there was more to it then a simple bite, but she wasn't quite sure what, and Samael was acting like it was little more then eating a bowl of soup.
She looked to Olivia, but did not make direct eye contact, and nodded slowly, offering out her hand. "O-okay... Do want you need to do.... J-just be gentle..." she said blushing even more.

Olivia didn't need to understand the depth of what she was getting herself in to in order to understand it wasn't coming easy to Claire. It wasn't like the nervousness was one way - Liv was equally as freaked out by the idea of feeding for the first time as Claire was of becoming a snack. She didn't miss how the blonde spared no glance to her as she held her out her hand, but the brunette tried not to take the distancing personally.

"So how do you want to go about this?" Olivia asked as they stepped in to the room, leaving the door propped open for everyone's comfort. She stepped in close, looked Claire over with hazel eyes, and though she was once again overwhelmed with the strong scent of blood lingering from Claire's earlier wound she did nothing without first asking how the wanted to do this. "Wrist, neck...? I'll... do my best to be gentle. If that doesn't work out, uh, well I know you're more than capable of bring me down."

Back
Top Bottom