Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The royal harem of Rhodesia (DaveTheHuman x Poppy)

David listened to Germaine talk of her home town of Ethera. The city had been one of the starting points of the rebellion, and few were surprised by it. Being the food supply for much of the kingdom it was exceedingly important. Then mix that with the unfavorable living conditions made the people hungry for war, despite not being the strongest of warriors. But they deserved credit. Many of them had taken part in the war and it seemed all who were still able fought for Calais. The rebellion was all the better with Ethera.

He smiled hearing about pumpkin soup from Viera. David had never had any before, so he looked forward to trying it.

Then Circe said the horses name. David had forgotten it's name, usually calling something along the lines of "damn horse." He was surprised she remembered, but then found it very funny that Reginan thought it was black. "Did another horse escape into the fields after I left?" He teased. David then nodded at Circe's comment on the horse. It was not fit for the harem stables.

Feeling the warmth of the alcohol in him, David asked Reginan "What city do you come from?" He found the question was a simple one, but each woman had a little bit of a story to tell and it kept the conversations moving.

Reginan frowned as the King wondered if a second horse had escaped. It seemed that her gamble did not pay off as she intended. “Perhaps it was a different color….white?” She added, in an attempt to fix her mistake.

“Black to white?” Li Hua giggled. “That must have been a magical horse...or perhaps this good wine is playing tricks on your memory?”

The last of the Rinali line glowered to the spirited girl, who didn’t stop laughing. Li Hua was happy for this new situation in the harem. It was high time that Reginan and Aurelia were knocked off their high horses.

“I’m not surprised that Circe remembers the name of the horse...she has quite the memory. And fondness for horses. If I’m not mistaken, her family raised the horses for the nobility and harem.” Sorrell softly informed David.

“I was born here in Calais. I led a life in the palace...not this one. But the one you now reside in. My mother was favored to marry the King, but it seemed that she couldn’t keep herself from the beds of her guards.” Reginan shrugged. “So instead, I was to marry the King. Even if I was a cousin of some number….but, he thought I was a better fit for the harem. So, this is where I am.” She sniffed once she was finished speaking, believing herself to be better than this place.

He held back a laugh at Li Hua's comment, knowing that his was enough to tease Reginan without being unpleasant about it. And while Li Hua's comment was innocent, Reginan appeared to be offened.

David nodded at Sorrell's comments on Circe. Although they had not been able to talk a great deal when he was a stable apprentice, he did remember that her family had lived near the Kingswood and had been known for raising quality horses. Other than that, their conversations were almost always about the horses in the stables.

David then listened to Reginan's account on how she ended up in the harem. It had been what he heard about her, a simplified point-by-point recollection. She seemed to be above the harem, but David wondered if the only reason she stayed was because she had nowhere else to go. Perhaps that was the case for many of the women here.

With that, David knew at least a little from each of the women who would remain in his harem. In many ways he was happy only eight remained. To remember the names and relevant information for over a hundred women would be take quite some time. Eight was easy to manage and would hopefully allow him to get to know them better.

When he took the next sip of his wine, he could feel the tilt of his head causing a shift in his balance. He smiled and figured he'd had enough for tonight. The man did not get drunk often, and didn't want to leave the impression that it would be a constant occurrence. So he felt it was time to retire and didn't think his horse would like it very much if he tried taking it back to his own palace. David decided he would sleep here for the night.

The man rose, with cautious steadiness, and said "I'm sure you all had to say by to many friends tonight, but I am very pleased that all of you decided to stay in my harem and bear my future children. It means a lot to me and the kingdom... But I'm afraid I must retire for the night before I have to be carried to bed." He smiled

The women in the harem glanced to each other as the King got to his feet. Some of the women noted how woozy he seemed. Of course, the silent question at hand was, who was to go to bed with him. The rule in the harem, under the former King, was that he was never to sleep alone in the harem. Of course, there had been a hundred women then to choose from, as to who should keep him company. It acted as an added defense - should someone come for his life, in the middle of the night, the harem wife should sacrifice herself first and do whatever it took to wake the King up.

“My liege…” Sorrell and the other women stood when the King did. She was cut short by the tanned, jeweled woman.

“Let me warm your bed tonight, my King!” Aurelia moved to take David by the arm, pressing her body into his side. “After all, who better to induct you into the pleasures of the harem than myself.”

“I would take a boiled porcupine over you.” Viera dryly remarked, flicking her eyes to Reginan. “And a scrap of hard leather, twisted together in place of Reginan. At least the leather will be supple.” She muttered the last part into her drink.

“ No class…” Reginan sniffed, looking away from the busty girl.

“As I was saying…” Sorrell cleared her throat. “It would be improper for you to be alone. So please, select one among us that can keep you company for the evening.” She hoped he would not pick Aurelia, but many men would be weakened by her charms.

When David stood, he instantly got the sense that he did something out of turn. This was one of the rules he had not known about. Aurelia cut off Sorrell and held her body against his. Then he heard Viera mutter something. Although he couldn't make out the exact words, he would have to be a lot more drunk to think it was not an insult toward Aurelia. There was tension here and he chose to proceed in a way that caused the least amount of damage to the group.

David made a smile and said "I did not know I disrupted a norm... Sorrell, I would be honored if you join me in my chambers. That is, if you would like to."

Having spent much of his life in the military, David had a strong sense of the chain of command and how it worked at the different levels. This was not so different. However, he would not call choosing Sorrell a duty by any means. She was a lovely woman and he was happy to have her as an option. However, being that she was the leader of sorts made it ease the situation at least a small bit.

He held out his hand to her, and when she took it, the pair headed out of the entertainment hall. David said a quick "goodnight" to everyone and then made his way to his chambers. Luckily he remembered where it was and was able to keep a firm hold of his balance.

When the doors to his chambers closed, and the pair was alone, David thought of saying something about the incident, but decided against it. It had been handled and he felt Sorrell had handled her part well.

As one would expect, his chambers were quite large. The room had a view of the mountains beyond, and the bed was so large that it had to have been assembled in the room. It could have never fit through the doorway. Off to the side was the bathroom, and David could see a very large tub inside that was probably used secondarily for cleaning.

David sat on the bed and removed his crown. As he placed it on the nightstand, he thought of how strange it felt to wear it.

"Being a King has proven to have a very high learning curve... as does the harem. I don't wish to gossip or ask you about every detail... but if anything ever comes up where you wish to tell me... then please don't feel afraid to do so."

Sorrell nodded to his choice, the women bowing. Aurelia pouted, hating not to be the one chosen. Sorrell turned her head to speak to Viera, to ask her to speak to the elder harem women. But the redhead could tell when Viera was toasted, and it was obvious that the golden haired woman hadn’t held back from imbibing. With a resigned sigh, she turned to Reginan to ask her to perform the task.

“Of course, my Lord. I’m pleased to join your this evening.” Sorrell bowed before departing with David, taking his hand. The other women bowed as well, the party continuing in his absence. After all, there was just so much wine to enjoy. She followed him into the Imperial bedchamber, the guards opening and closing the large doors for them.

Sorrell watched him take a seat, moving to sit beside of him. She hadn’t been chosen by the former King in years, so it did warm her heart that she had been the one chosen. Of course, Aurelia’s forward charms were certainly nothing to sneeze at. She simply hoped that the King would use her for her body, and refrain from getting emotionally involved with the manipulative woman.

“In time, you will learn, my Lord.” Sorrell placed her hands in her lap, a soft smile on her face. “I asked Reginan to secure the books and scrolls for us. Of course, she wouldn’t have been my first choice, but I’m afraid that Viera will be of no use to anyone this evening.” She giggled at the memory of the drunk woman. Viera was a very fun drunk to be around, unlike the surly drunk the Pyrelle turned into.

“There are endless things for you to learn about the harem, and the women who now live in it. I don’t believe you’ll ever have a thorough understanding of everything, my liege. But, in time, you will find yourself at ease around the harem.” The redhead reassured him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

David laughed at her comment about Viera. The man knew little about the blonde, but knew that she had a personality that was amusing. Especially when paired with Reginan or Aurelia's. As for Reginan securing the books, he wasn't sure how well of a job she'd do. However, so long as Sorrell was here to teach him the important rules, he'd be fine. Then again, he was king, he could make any rule he wanted right? It was a joke he often said in his thoughts.

"Yes, I hope to find myself at ease soon. But it can't be too hard being around such beautiful women." He laughed a little and felt her hands going to his lap and shoulder.

David had not been intimate at all since Ella, so while the majority of him was excited, part was nervous. Surely a harem woman was much better in bed than he was. But the man pushed it out of his thoughts, which was easier with the help of alcohol.

Words did not come to him on what to say next, so he did what felt natural. The dirty blonde-haired man leaned in with the small amount of stubble on his face and kissed Sorrell. Her lips were as soft and smooth as he had expected, and could soon feel himself getting lost in them. When the kiss deepened, his hands went to her narrow waist to hold her. David could feel his manhood beginning to swell in his pants.

Their tongues soon played, and he laid her back on the bed. He continued to kiss her but let his hands massage up and down her sides before cupping her breasts over her red harem garb. His large hands massaged her breasts tenderly, the sensations causing his shaft to swell and lengthen even faster than before.

Sorrell didn’t fight the kiss. Instead, she welcomed it. It had been so long since she had felt wanted. After all, the former King had so many women that were much younger and viable seed carriers than herself. So it was nice to have been chosen, to be the first to share a bed with the new King. Of course, the bed was large enough to fit a fourth of the harem that had existed on it. There was plenty of room for them to get comfortable and explore.

She eagerly kissed him in return, wanting him to feel as good as she was feeling. Sorrell laid back on the bed, her red hair splaying out and around her. Truth be told, she loathed her hair color. It was a daily reminder, even when she would be nude, that she was property of the King. But, perhaps, with David, things would be different. He already didn’t care about the women wearing the color of ownership. Maybe she could look at her hair with pride, one day. Especially if she was to bear a chubby baby with a mane of red hair and David’s caring eyes.

Unlike some of the girls left in the harem, Sorrell didn’t bother wearing a corset. She had spent enough of her formative years in one, and found them to be entirely too uncomfortable. So unless the dress style made it absolutely necessary, she tended to avoid them. Many of the aged harem members had their bodies warped from the corsets they wore day in and day out. It was a cautionary tale for the younger women, certainly.

She wanted David to know just how much she appreciated that he had chosen her, hoping she could convey it with her bodies. Her breasts were quick to respond to his attentions, nipples hard on her chest. The redhead tore her lips away from David’s, going instead to kiss along his jawline and moan.

He soon felt her lips leave his and then move to his jawline. David's hands had been massaging her breasts over her dress, but he needed to feel bare skin. The alcohol mixed with his arousal was making him hot with need.

David's hands went to her back, lifting her enough to begin untying the back of her dress. The lace began to loosen and within time, he was able to slide the silk garment over her head.

Looking at her naked form, David's cock throbbed. He needed to join her. The man reached for the collar of his shirt and had it pulled up and off in no time. His chest was exposed, showing the tell-tale chest and shoulder muscles of an archer and a soldier. Here and there were scars of battle, but luckily nothing had happened to the man that was beyond healing.

His hands then went to his waist. Untying the leather laces, it became loose enough to slip free. When it had been pulled down low enough, his manhood sprung upward, eager with desire. It was long, thick, and tipped with a ring piercing.

Long ago he had gotten it, waking up the next morning to feel only pain and regret. But David had grown to like it. He found it was unique and looked good in his opinion. So each day he would clean the ring and put it back in. Today was no different.

Sorrell was willing and compliant to David’s needs as he removed her gown. Even if she was now the oldest in the harem, her body was just as beautiful as Aurelia’s. She had modest, almost c cup breasts and wide hips. Good for birthing sons. While she no longer wore a corset, she did wear panties. After all, she needed to have some sense of modesty.

One hand went to his chest, to run down the toned body. Her hand explored the various scars that he had suffered throughout his time in the military. This was certainly different from the soft, doughy pale flesh of the former monarch. Her eyes didn’t seem particularly moved by the damages to his body, finding herself hot with need. The redhead didn’t realize until now just how much she needed this. Sorrell was tired of lonely night, running her fingers over her slick slit. And now, with so few women left in the harem, she would certainly be able to gain more attention than ever before.

“Oh…” Sorrell blinked at the sight of the piercing. She wasn’t a very aggressive women in bed, instead the sort to lay back and perform her duty. But a hand reached out to run over his manhood, seemingly very impressed. “By the stars...you certainly have been blessed. And is that….” Her fingers softly stroked the tip, where the piercing was. “Well, this is different.”

He felt her hand go to his cock. David was burning with lust, so the sensation of her hand running over it felt incredible, but left him wanting more. He smiled at her comment and then her mention of the piercing.

"Wasn't the most well thought out decision I've made, but it's grown on me."

Precum leaked out of his tip, beading on the pink flesh and part of the metal ring. Her fingers made the thick shaft twitch and his balls ache with desire. Having kept up with trimming his manhood, everything was on full display for the harem woman. The size of his testicles were large and swollen, David knew a great deal of seed would be emptying into her tonight. The thought drove him further.

Moving in, his hands went to her sides to feel slowly upward. David cupped her breasts and squeezed them. Soon he had moved close enough for the head of his erect cock to touch her panties, right over where her womanhood was. He could feel the heat coming off of her. David's fingers massaged her nipples, playfully squeezing them.

Sorrell silently hoped that this wasn’t an example of any reckless leadership choices. The religious family that she had been raised a part of frowned on body modifications. The Holy Order thought that God made humans to be their most perfect form, and that it needed no changes. So make up, piercings, tattoos and even haircuts were forbidden. Sorrell knew that the day might come when she was expected to be pierced in the harem, for doing her duty.

Piercings in the harem were seen as a gift. The Holy Order turned a blind eye to them, as the tradition dated back before history was even recorded. A woman was expected to have 3 children, minimum in the harem. To be rewarded for doing such, they received nipple and clit piercings. Once the clit piercing was achieved, the harem wife earned free will. If she didn’t want to attend to the King in the bedroom, she could instead send one of her ladies in waiting. The most senior members of the harem had the youngest harem members for their personal servants.

“You seem to be in great need of release, my lord.” Sorrell softly whispered to the King, her hand drifting down to stroke his swollen balls. “Please, use my body as you see fit. I only wish to give you pleasure.” She whispered into his ear, her tongue darting across the sensitive flesh. She moaned as he played with her breasts, not willing to suppress a single moan. Everyone in the harem was going to get to hear just how skilled of a lover the new King was.

David heard her request and knew she was waiting for him to make the first move. His hands massaged her breasts for a while, but then moved down to her sides. Laying her on her back in the bed, he reached for her underwear and slid them down her thighs and off.

The man could barely wait. His tensions had grown a great deal and were not going to ease up until he had release. Spreading her legs, he climbed on the silk sheet with her. One hand went to his cock, stroking it slowly and guiding it so the head touched her pussy. He used his head to rub up and down her slit, feeling her wetness accumulating on his pierced head.

Then he pushed, his swollen head spread her lips apart and entered. She felt warm and very wet. David pushed deeper letting his shaft feel the same sensations. He did not stop until his testicles were nudged against her ass and the head of his cock was deep within her. It felt like heaven, and the man began to pump in and out.

Sorrell did her best to focus her thoughts on David. She ought to be using the thorough education she had in pleasure to help stimulate the King. But, she was the sort of girl that whenever they felt pleasure, it was too much for her to handle. It overcame her, and thinking of something erotic to say or a position to place her body in which to please him were far to advanced for the pious girl.

“Mmmmmm….” The redhead pressed her lips together as he entered her. The piercing certainly added a new dimension of pleasure to the act. Her hands gripped the sheets, knuckles going white. It had been so very long since her last time with a cock, that she was almost virginal tight. But she felt satisfied as his balls bumped against her bottom, letting out a sigh of ecstasy.

In the harem, women were only allowed to masturbate through clit stimulation, or having another woman in the harem lick them to release. Typically, it was the new girls who were saddled with the job of taking care of an older harem wife sexually. After all, the King only had so much stamina with so many women. As long as nothing entered the wife’s body, she could masturbate or receive cunnilingus as much as she wanted.

If a woman was caught with tools to penetrate herself, she would be denied food a certain amount of time. It varied from girl to girl, as the punishment was that for 1 inch of the toy, it equaled to one day of no food. Some girls were quite creative, one notable older woman having smuggled an eggplant from the kitchens to pleasure herself.

“Ahhhhhhhh…” Sorrell moaned in bliss, closing her eyes. She was certainly going to enjoy what King David had to offer her, her soft body rocking with the bed as he pumped in and out of her tight snatch.

David continued pumping the red-haired woman, moaning as well while his pleasure rose. Even though it was a cool summer's night, the sex was making his body feel very hot. He continued to take her in that position for some time before deciding to change it up.

His hands held her hips and he pulled out. Sensing she wasn't going to be proactive, David picked her up and set her on her knees. The man bent her forward and touched the head of his wet cock to her pussy. He slid inside from behind and began thrusting at a pace. He could feel his testicles slapping against her clit when he became faster.

He opened his mouth to moan while his hands squeezed her ass cheeks. David knew the sex would not end without his cum pumping deep inside of her, and he could feel it coming soon.

Sorrell certainly was a fan of her evening with the King, and would be certain to reassure the girls with glowing reviews. After all, this was so much better than when the task had to be endured with Georgio. It almost felt more like punishment for a crime than a honor. But with a handsome man like David at the helm of the harem now, things were certainly going to change.

When he pulled out of her quim, she looked thoroughly concerned. Had she failed to please him? But she was pleased when he re-positioned her to be on all fours on the bed. Like this, it was different. Without seeing the King's face and embarrassed what he would think of her own in the throes of passion, she became much more vocal. Her loud sighs and moans echoed in the room. Any of the girls who were eavesdropping through the vents in the palace would be impressed.

Sorrell arched her back, body responding much better to this as well. She was getting drenched in arousal, white knuckling a pillow as the King claimed her body as his own. The feeling of his balls slapping against her clit was just too much, and she came. Her pussy tightened up admirably around his cock. Serving King David would certainly be a pleasure. The burning fire inside of her was too much, a flush spreading across her pallid skin like wildfire.

Judging by her moans, David figured Sorrell much preferred this position with her on all fours. He would have to remember that for the future. In fact, he seemed to prefer it too. The woman had a great ass, and having it on full display only made his cock swell thicker.

Each time his manhood thrusted into her, David could feel his pierced head nudging against her back wall. That was when he felt it. Her pussy tightened and her moaning grew even louder than before. He began to start pumping harder to bring her orgasm to new levels. However, the mixture of her tightness and his increased speed pushed the man right over the edge.

David knew there was no holding back now and pressed his cock full length into her. Then, all of his pent-up cum began pumping out of his cock. The shaft twitched and his balls tensed as cum shot out in jets out of his pierced tip and into her bare womb. With his testicles nudged against her clit, he held himself there, breeding her. Emptying ever last drop, his cock still continued to twitch for a while from all of the stimulation. It was some time before he pulled out and collapsed on the large soft bed.

Sorrell was loud and proud with her moaning now as her tight cunt twitched about his member. Her body was desperate to breed, doing everything it could to empty his balls and keep him inside of her longer. While like this, she even took the Lord’s name in vain. A crime the redhead would never do in her right mind.

His hot seed flooded her womb, and she finally felt fully satiated. All Sorrell could do was continue moaning and writhing beneath him. But when he finally withdrew himself to fall back onto the bed, she re positioned herself to cuddle beside of him.

“That….that was….very enjoyable.” Sorrell reassured him. “The women are certainly going to enjoy your skills, and your piercing. That was...unlike any time before.” She sighed in delight as she could feel his warm cum dripping down her thigh. The redhead said a silent prayer, hoping for the seed to take root inside of her empty womb.

As she laid beside him, David put arm around her to bring her closer. He smiled at her words and teased her "Thanks, you weren't so bad yourself." The man felt much better after that. Tensions of being king had been snowballing. It was something he did not show, but it was always there. David could see why Rhodesian kings never just had a wife but an entire harem as well.

Soon after, David pulled the edge of the silk sheet over them. The coolness in the air was starting to fight against the warmth of their sex. He had not expected to fall asleep so soon, but in no time he was out.

David dreamed about the same thing he had since his month of being coronated, the kingdom. It was a thought that was always on his mind, awake or asleep. While Rhodesia was not a large kingdom, the recent civil war had made a great divide that he knew had to be united. Being surrounded by two very powerful empires posed a great threat to their independence. He refused to be known as the king who failed the kingdom.

The next morning when David woke, he was happy to feel he was not hungover. Turning toward the window, he guessed that it was shortly after sunrise. Getting out of bed, he knew life as a king always started early. He was careful not to wake Sorrell, although his morning arousal wished to have her up this instant.

Before long, he had washed-up, dressed, and been given breakfast by one of the servants. Then shortly after, he had taken the ten minute ride from the harem to the royal palace.

Walking through the large palace, servants stopped to bow on his way to the meeting hall. The guards opened the mahogany double doors for him and the lords rose from their seats. The table they sat at was ovular to fit the shape of the rectangular room while allowing each person to see one another. David sat at the northern tip of the oval, and the lords and advisors followed.

One man stood. His name was Luther Gydros, a man in his mid forties with black hair. He was the speaker of the assembly and was part of group to decide which matters were important enough to be brought to the assembly. "Your highness, the matters of the kingdom today are the reports of loyalists in the Scale Forest, the increased amount of Trussaley ships passing by Gyronos, and the Myremar King's request to send an ambassador to your court."

Now it was David's turn to choose which would be discussed first, if at all. He decided on something that would likely be handled quickly, saving the lengthier discussions for later. "My lords have told me that King Otholos of Myremar had his ambassador withdrawn at the start of the civil war. Did the King have any preference toward my predecessor?"

One lord stood, Lord Vincent of the island Beranal. "Your highness, King Otholos had a strained relationship with our former king. As you know, we do a great deal of trade with Myremar but the tariffs against their imports was seen as unfair to many. I believe allowing him to send an ambassador would help to gain an ally that we are very much in need of."

Sorrell laughed lightly. She could tell how sleepy he seemed, and found it to be endearing. The redhead silently hoped that this session with her had relieved any and all stress he was suffering. It was expected of a harem wife to stay with the King until he dismissed her. Or if the King left the room before the harem wife, she was excused to return to daily life. The former King was sometimes so crass that after he took the virginity of new members of the harem, instead of spending the night with them to get to know them, he immediately sent them off to their own rooms.

When the redhead awoke, she set to the task of gathering her clothing and redressing. She went to take a bath in the lower level area, not feeling comfortable to stay in the King’s rooms without him. Upon entering the main area of the harem, she was immediately bombarded by the remaining harem wives. All the others except these seven had already been sent on their merry way.

“So so so so so!” Li Hua was very excited, going to hug onto her arm. “How was your evening?!” She was dressed not as finely as the day before, but still in the red hues. Viera went to Sorrell’s other side, hugging closely to her as well. She had woken up with a terrible hangover, but was beginning to get over it.

“Naturally, we listened in the best we could. Well, at least Hua and myself.” Viera teased her.

“Not that it was necessary.” Reginan sniffed. “You were so loud that it was unsightly.”

Circe was on one of the large couches with Germaine, working on an embroidery piece with her. Aurelia was sitting in a chair nearby, decked out in all of her finest yet again. Pyrelle on the other hand, was still asleep. Until the order was officially made, they would have to wear the red hues. But when it became known, the servants would have to be the ones to rush to find gowns to fit the harem wives. And then even more would have to be custom made, especially for busty Viera.

Sorrell paused for a moment. A part of her wanted to tell them of the King’s piercing. But another part thought it would be a pleasant surprise for each girl to find out on their own time. Soon enough, they would all be expected to have their first evening with the King.

“He was everything I could have wanted and more.” Sorrell chastely nodded, leaving it at that.

“Oh come onnnnnnnnnn!” Li Hua tugged at her arm repeatedly. “You have to tell us more than that!”

“Yeah, I wanna know about his cock...how was it?” Viera spoke crassly, earning a sour look from Reginan.

“I do believe that you will all have your chance soon enough with our King. After all, the anticipation is the best part. He is very handsome and….I doubt a single one of you will be disappointed.” Sorrell nodded, leaving it at that.

Another lord stood and said "That would be convenient for your trading enterprise, wouldn't it Lord Vincent." It seem like the room erupted in fire after that comment. David had always known lords could be fickle with one another, but this was no different than children's school.

David stood and bellowed "Enough!" He then turned to Luther and said "Send my regards to King Otholos and tell him his ambassador may come to Calais at any time."

The King then looked at the lords. "Rhodesia is split in two. Ending the war did not change that. If we cannot be united in this room, then we can never be united within our borders. The loyalists and our imperial neighbors wish to see us at each other's throats. Do not give them the satisfaction."

He then sat and the tensions in the room seemed to be eased somewhat. Although Lord Vincent was still red with anger.

David spoke "The loyalists in the Scale Forest, how reliable is the information?"

A light-haired man in his late thirties named General Eisen said "Four scouts were sent to the area without knowledge of one another. Three reported seeing men at arms, and the fourth has not reported back yet."

The discussion then began. Many agreed that the army should be sent to the forest to wipe out the remaining loyalists. However some were more cautious. Scouts often had trouble returning to camp on time, but if the fourth was captured the element of surprise could be dampened. In the end, it was decided that General Eisen would take a portion of the men to the southern edge of the forest and proceed inward with caution. The decision was not contested.

After a few more hours of the meeting, it was finished. A few lords and advisors stayed after to speak briefly with David, but it did not last too long.

Walking through his palace, David saw his mother through the window. She was walking in the large garden while ducks eyed her for food. Passing through the doors, he made his way to her.

When she saw him, she smiled and gave him a hug. The woman was in her mid-forties with light blond hair, brown eyes, and a slim body. David smiled and said "How are you enjoying the palace life?"

"I don't think I could ever go back to the apartment after this. In fact I don't think I could go anywhere else."

David smiled "So no plans on taking me up on the offer for a house?"

She paused and said "When things have settled down more." She knew the mention of the kingdom's state was an unsettling one, so she left it at that.

David nodded "Yesterday I visited the harem palace for the first time. It's going to be pretty empty in there, but they have an indoor garden with a pond as well. It's quite the sight. You should see it sometime. The palace is almost as large as this one, but there are only eight women and a dozen or so guards and servants."

“So Reginan, were you able to secure any of the books with the rules of the harem or any of the history?” Sorrell turned her attention to the girl, shifting the conversation away from her night with the King.

“The elders showed me where they are. They only took the books with them that detailed their own personal experience in the harem.” Reginan sounded bored as she answered.

“I suppose that ought to be a good starting point for the King to begin learning about Harem history and rules...although...I wonder what rules are going to change?” Li Hua tapped her chin in thought.

“Well….” Sorrell trailed off as she glanced to Germaine and Circe, who seemed engrossed in their word. “I’m hesitant to announce this, as I would rather wait for King David to make the announcement himself. But I’m certain he won’t mind, as I believe it will make most of you quite happy. We are no longer required to wear the red shade of ownership.”

“Really?” Germaine gasped, a hand going to her chest. She never cared for the rich color.

“I think it will be a shame.” Reginan had a dour look on her face, planning on continuing to wear the crimson shade. Aurelia was of the same mindset as well.

Circe got to her feet and immediately stripped her gown from her body. Underneath her red gown was a white nightgown that showed through the opened skirt. She moved to limp to the fireplace that was lit nearby, helping to keep the area warm. She threw it into the fire, the pink rosebuds on her breasts barely visible.

“Anyone else want to burn theirs?” She offered with a defiant look on her face.

====

Elsewhere, the Dowager Queen smiled to her son. “I do believe I would like to have a tour of the harem...and meet the various women that chose to stay behind. After all, they could end up being the mothers to my grandchildren.” She pat his arm, seeming truly happy. The woman had worried for her son so much when he enlisted in the military. She had never dreamed that one day he would be King. But a more fair and honest King couldn’t have been selected.

David smiled at his mother's request. "Of course." The pair walked through the gardens, over a wooden bridge that crossed a rolling stream. "I was told by the Holy Church that there must be a marriage between me and the harem women before a child is born. I never knew this was how it worked, but I feel there are many things I don't know about the harem. So tomorrow, the High Priest will be coming to marry me to the eight woman. You are more than welcome to attend and take a tour afterward."

Sensing there were some questions in her mind, David said "I was told there are two levels of marriage for a king. The first being a harem marriage, and the next being a royal marriage. The royal marriage can happen with a harem woman or an outsider resulting in the woman becoming queen... Apparently the Rhodesian kings before me had it all thought out." David smiled.

His mother replied "I would like that very much... I am sorry about Ella. I knew you two grew very close when the war began."

David nodded. Ella's family had been friends with David and his mother for a very long time. The families lived close together and David's mother often made clothes for Ella and her siblings.

"Thank you... I miss her a great deal... but I knew she died doing what she believed in." Even though David did not know if he had loved the woman, it pained him to talk about her. So his mother left it at that. She patted his arm and said "Well I am sure the harem women are all very lovely and will make you happy."

The King chose to have dinner with his mother that evening before riding to the harem. Upon entering, he called all of the women together to tell them about the weddings that would be happening tomorrow. He told them about the High Priest presiding and that his mother would be in attendance. Seeing the change in clothing, he also added that seamstresses would be coming in the morning with gowns of every color for them to choose from. Then in the evening, the ceremonies would begin.

When the series of announcements were finished, he said "The seamstresses will be very busy getting each of you dresses for tomorrow evening, but I will have them come back to make you all other outfits of your choosing. It appears Sorrel has already told you that you are no longer required to wear red."

His eyes glanced to the fire and saw some scraps of red silk. He laughed and said "I take it red does not suit you all?" Looking at Aurelia, the woman was still in her red gown. The color looked good on the woman. However for Circe, he felt other colors would compliment her eyes better.

Almost all of the women looked very happy to see the King arrive in the harem. Aurelia basically threw herself into his arms, overjoyed to see him. Viera rolled her eyes behind of the girl, where the King would see as Li Hua covered her mouth to keep from laughing at the dramatics of the youngest girl. But in truth, Li Hua was barely older than Aurelia. She only had the fact that she had been in the harem since she was a child to put her above of Aurelia in standing.

“Yes...I’m afraid that I simply couldn’t keep the good news from the girls. It would have been unfair.” Sorrell smiled in her matronly manner, looking over the assembled crowd. They had finished with dinner, a much simpler affair than the feast of yesterday.

“New gowns.” Reginan sounded to be in love, showing true happiness for the first time since her bloodline was removed from the throne. If there was one thing that the woman loved, it was material possessions.

“I will only wear red to show to anyone and everyone that I belong to you and only you, my King.” Aurelia batted her eyes, hoping to win over the King and be his next conquest in bed.

“That’s what she said to the last King…” Viera laughed, making the joke loudly.

When the laughter died down and the King spotted the fabric in the fire, it was obvious who was the only one without the color on. Dressed in the color white, with her long white grey hair she looked the very picture of virginal.

“I’ll never wear the color red. Ever again.” Circe sounded resolute, looking to David. “To me, it’s nothing more than the reminder of a corrupt and cruel King.”

“Here here!” Viera could agree with that. “I would rip my dress off and set fire to it as well, but I need something to bind my chest in!”

“Ladies…” Sorrell spoke with a raised voice until they quieted down. “My King, the rules of the harem have been secured for you to read at your leisure. Pyrelle, if you would be so kind.”

“Right away!” Pyrelle nodded, getting up and bowing to the King. She then scampered off, returning with a small stack of books and bowing to David again before handing them over.

“I can not wait to marry you, My Liege.” Germaine smiled sweetly, still at the task of embroidering what would be a beautiful tapestry for King David, to represent his crowning.

David smiled when Aurelia held herself close to him. He put an arm around her and then heard Viera comment on Aurelia's mention of always wearing red. The man was not here to mediate quarrels between the women, so he said nothing. As long as it didn't grow out of control, he would leave it alone. However, he suspected that Viera did not like Aurelia due to Aurelia's more attention seeking nature. While Viera seemed to prefer being more aloof.

To Circe's comment, he said "Whatever wardrobe you all choose, the choice is completely yours. Do you have any preferred colors or styles?" David smiled and was pleased to see the choice seemed to make all of the women happy. He then laughed at Viera's comment. She certainly had large breasts, a thing he could hardly ignore.

"I don't know, the fire does look like it needs a bit more fuel."

When the books were presented, David gave his thanks and said "Goodness there are a lot of rules. I will be sure to look into this. But like I mentioned before, feel free to come to me with ideas." He set it on an end table and sat on the couch calling for a servant to bring wine. The man did not plan on drinking heavily tonight, but just enough to take the edge off of the long day.

He smiled when he heard Germaine's comment "And same to you. What are you embroidering there?"

David's thoughts then went to what Sorrell had said about Germaine. Could he, in good faith, impregnate the woman? If it would risk her life, that troubled him a great deal. But at the same time, he could not banish her from the harem. That would be cruel.

He glanced at Sorrell, thinking of the night before. David wondered if perhaps the red haired woman was pregnant. Then he wondered how much details she shared with the other women. It did not bother him one bit if she shared everything, after all he would eventually bed each and every one of them.

Wine was brought and the nine chatted. David found it to be very relaxing once the bickering had subsided. The harem was proving to be more than a breeding area. He liked these women and they seemed to like him as well.

"I remember in the military men always hated having to re-embroider the banners. They would become so dirty and torn that it had to be done. The process was always a long one."

David turned to Viera and said "Your father has the right idea for his banners. All back with yellow trim. I can imagine repairing those banners would be very simple."

"My lords have been working on making me a banner of my own. I can just imagine them making it very intricate." David laughed knowing how his fellow soldiers would curse at the sight of such a thing. But royalty oftentimes required elaborateness.

Back
Top Bottom