Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Inserting a table, and how to format it.

freeko

Star
I would like to know if it is first possible at all to create a table that is 4 cells wide by 6 cells long. A mini-excel sheet sort of thing if what I am talking about is perhaps unclear.

If this is possible, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration in the matter.

I'm not an expert or anything, but you might be able to mess with this table generator and get something along the lines of what you're asking.

Hope this helps!

Row 1 - Column 1 Row 1 - Column 2 Row 1 - Column 3 Row 1 - Column 4 Row 1 - Column 5 Row 1 - Column 6
Row 2 - Column 1 Row 2 - Column 2 Row 2 - Column 3 Row 2 - Column 4 Row 2 - Column 5 Row 2 - Column 6
Row 3 - Column 1 Row 3 - Column 2 Row 3 - Column 3 Row 3 - Column 4 Row 3 - Column 5 Row 3 - Column 6
Row 4 - Column 1 Row 4 - Column 2 Row 4 - Column 3 Row 4 - Column 4 Row 4 - Column 5 Row 4 - Column 6

NOTES : Does not seem to work, but I guess that could well be because I have no idea what I am doing with this. Guess I am just going to do things the plain and boring way

It's possible yes, but I might super stretch the page and it also depends on what information you're putting inside of it.
The more columns you have the more your text gets squished.
I've realized that 4 columns work best with tables on BMR without stretching the page horizontally and without squishing the text significantly.

But if it's like bullet information then 6 columns should be okay.

ROW ONE /COLUMN ONE
info info info info info info info info
ignoreROW ONE /COLUMN TWO
ignoreROW ONE /COLUMN THREE
ignoreROW ONE /COLUMN FOUR
ignoreROW ONE /COLUMN FIVE
ignoreROW ONE /COLUMN SIX

Here's the code for that table. Just copy it c:

Code:
[table][tr][td]ROW ONE /COLUMN ONE
info info info info info info info info [/td][td][color=#333333]ignore[/color][/td][td]ROW ONE /COLUMN TWO
info info info info info info info info[/td][td][color=#333333]ignore[/color][/td][td]ROW ONE /COLUMN THREE
info info info info info info info info[/td][td][color=#333333]ignore[/color][/td][td]ROW ONE /COLUMN FOUR
info info info info info info info info[/td][td][color=#333333]ignore[/color][/td][td]ROW ONE /COLUMN FIVE
info info info info info info info info[/td][td][color=#333333]ignore[/color][/td][td]ROW ONE /COLUMN SIX
info info info info info info info info[/td][/tr][/table]

That's what it'll look like with six the important coding basically is your opener:
[ table ] [ tr ] = the row [ td ] = the cell.

Every time you want to add a cell you have to close the tag. So [ table ] [ tr ] [ td ] type your information [ /td ] - close your tag. [ td ] adds another cell [ /td ] - close your tag and that's how you get all the columns. When you're done with the entire row you close the ENTIRE tag with [ /tr ] [ /table ] and your table will show up! c:

If you want to add another table under it just copy the previous table!

Hope that helps. If it's confusing, feel free to PM me!

Hmm, what I think I wanted to do was insert sort of like an excel sheet where I could have the pertinent data on the row and column headers and then have the prospectve players simply input their stats/numbers into the boxes.

This just looks far too complex for what I would be using it for, but I appreciate the effort in knowing I could do something like this if I ever had a better reason to actually do it.

Thank you both for your time, Rauk and lait.

Back
Top Bottom