Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anyone read Liar Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscretionarySilence

Super-Earth
One day you come home from work to find a large cardboard box sitting on your front doorstep, addressed to you. There's no postmark, no signs of it being sent through the mail so someone must have dropped it off. Figuring it's just something you ordered in one of your late-night eBay binges you take it inside and open the box only to find the absolutely last thing you expected.

One million dollars. Cash. And a black envelope with your name in silver lettering.

Thank you for participating in the LIAR GAME. By opening this box you have formally acknowledged your desire to play the LIAR GAME.

You can no longer withdraw your entry.

The enclosed one million dollars is to be your MONEY for the first round of the LIAR GAME.

Please take good care of it.

You will be assigned an opponent who has also been given one million dollars. You each have one month to claim as much of your opponent's MONEY as possible through any non-violent means. At the end of the month you will be asked to return one million dollars. If you have any extra MONEY taken from your opponent, it is yours to keep. If you have less than one million dollars, because your opponent took it from you, you will be required to pay the difference.

The LIAR GAME will collect its MONEY through any means necessary.

In the original manga, characters are essentially blackmailed with the threat of massive debts into playing against each other in varying psychological, strategic, and mind games. It's also been adapted into a popular Japanese TV drama, available on Crunchyroll if you're interested.

Any fans of the series or those intrigued by the idea interested in trying to set up something similar? I'd be open to a 1x1 or small group game, depending on interest.

I have read the manga. Though it is a great read, I fear I can't do it justice in a role play. But I hope some one else can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom