Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Happy Turkey Day!

Serenity

Supernova
Happy Thanksgiving to my wonderful fellow Canadians. I hope you all had fantastic feasts!

stock-vector-thanksgiving-typography-happy-thanks-giving-day-hand-painted-lettering-on-a-grunge-background-516569623.jpg

Turkey day? Can someone explain? I'm French and forever confused by all the "days" on the other side of the ocean ;)

Its Thanksgiving. A holiday celebrated in the US and canada, though the US celebrates in november.
Most people celebrate it with turkey dinners. So lots of people call it turkey day lol

Thanksgiving is a day to celebrate and give thanks for a successful harvest back in the day during the colonization era. Winter comes later the further south you go which is why America has it a month after Canada. Another difference though is that our thanksgiving isn't followed or joined with a capitalistic orgy known as Black Friday.

As for explaining the reason why it's a holiday, RedRose, you would know more, as it was the original French settlers who came to Canada who invented the celebration :)

BennyQ said:
Thanksgiving is a day to celebrate and give thanks for a successful harvest back in the day during the colonization era. Winter comes later the further south you go which is why America has it a month after Canada. Another difference though is that our thanksgiving isn't followed or joined with a capitalistic orgy known as Black Friday.

As for explaining the reason why it's a holiday, RedRose, you would know more, as it was the original French settlers who came to Canada who invented the celebration :)

Is that why the Montreal Alouettes host a Thanksgiving Canadian Football game every year it seems ?

Back
Top Bottom