Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

If you could have an anime super power or a western comic superpower which would you

If you could have an anime super power or a western comic superpower which would you choose and why

• Total voters
If I could have any one power from a western comic book, I think I'd choose Mystique's shape shifting( which also allows longevity). The ability to be anyone or anything (living) whenever I desire would be amazing. Change based on my moods if I wished. Just so much fun could be had.

The power of Geass from Code Geass. The Power of the King, to induce whatever you want or will upon any individual upon eye contact, though it only works once on an individual so you got to be smart. "Be my slave" goes a lot further than ordering them to do one specific task in the moment.

Anything? I'd go for The World from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Pulping people with super strength and stopping time is broken as fuck.

BennyQ said:
The power of Geass from Code Geass. The Power of the King, to induce whatever you want or will upon any individual upon eye contact, though it only works once on an individual so you got to be smart. "Be my slave" goes a lot further than ordering them to do one specific task in the moment.

Sure until you jokingly tell a person you just made a treaty with to "Kill the Japanese." :s

Sleepingskill said:
BennyQ said:

New someone would pick that lol

I know I'm just a casual haha. Another good superpower from western comics would be Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne's "filthy rich" superpower. That's always useful to have. Or wait...

xanaphia said:
BennyQ said:

Sure until you jokingly tell a person you just made a treaty with to "Kill the Japanese." :s

Gotta get those special contact lens too, though it would be hilarious as I would struggle to remove them in order to give the command. Hate contact lens. Probably accidently tell someone too to go "jump off a bridge with these contacts"

BennyQ said:
Sleepingskill said:
BennyQ said:

New someone would pick that lol

I know I'm just a casual haha. Another good superpower from western comics would be Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne's "filthy rich" superpower. That's always useful to have. Or wait...

xanaphia said:
BennyQ said:

Gotta get those special contact lens too, though it would be hilarious as I would struggle to remove them in order to give the command. Hate contact lens. Probably accidently tell someone too to go "jump off a bridge with these contacts"
Maybe Lelouch's real power is removing those contacts in the blink of an eye. :p

I actually considered starting a Code Geass like group rp, where all the players have different powers. It's have to be set up so everyone has individualized goals where they can be temporary alliances but lots of conflist as well. Just realized I have a system that could be modified to work with this idea, possibly. Yet another idea I don't have enough time to develop.

I've always been a fan of Poison Ivy and feel her powers are underrated. She is immune to toxins and disease, as well as an ability to alter and emit phermones which changes people's moods and feelings. The ability is often referred to as "charm[ing]" people. Oh, and of course, she's poisonous and controls plant life - BONUS!

Hmm... So many powers sound fun, but don't have any useful application in the real world. But I think it would be great to have Cypher's power from The New Mutants - the ability to instantly understand and communicate perfectly in any language. Just imagine enough how useful that would be.

I'll definitely take the teleportation skills of Johnny Royalle from Powers. Literally is versatile enough with it like teleport oxygen away from a location and to be able to teleport select pieces of objects or people he is in contact with...say dunno holding someone by the throat and beheading them :)

Teleporting, cause I'm lazy af.

Time traveling sounds cool too. I remember in Heroes there was a character, Hiro, who had the power to control the time-space continuum so he could teleport, stop the time, slow it down and travel across time so I guess I'd go with that.

Mind reading. For one, it's practical in my profession, where I work with children with limited communication skills. This lack of communication is one of the major antecedents of maladaptive behavior in that population, and mind reading would make my job so much easier. Plus, it would eliminate the pernicious doubts of "am I pushing you to do something you don't want to do or something you can't do?"

I like to think it would help with my social anxiety as well. I've heard this advice, "You wouldn't worry about what other people thought of you so much if you knew how seldom they thought it." Logically, I think it's probably true, because I know I spend so much time in my own stressing over things I don't have much to judge others, and getting confirmation of that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom