Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are your RP pet peeves/venting about RP problems thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masetama

Mine are partners who don't really bother fleshing out their characters besides "character YC has sex with". Seeing these types of characters has actually brought into perspective why having a good plot to smut ratio is so important. Smut is just kind of boring if none of the characters have, you know, character.

I'd be happy to just get someone who actually seems like they want to write with me instead of me feeling like I'm not good enough :p

Partners who don't move the story forward or only react to what I post and never initiate plot development.

People who disappear.
People who say they can write at least a post a week but clearly can't.
And of course, people who don't flesh out characters and make it all about smut. Mindless smut is very boring.

People who like to dictate things about my character without my permission

People who contact you interested in a play but have literally nothing to offer / bring to the table. No ideas, no creativity, zip.

My biggest one is people who can't/won't plot worth shit. If everythings my idea, if I'm always leading us forward, if you're character's a bland walking mannequin what's even the point of roleplaying?

I can't even give those people the dignity of saying I don't want to write with them (any more). Just thinking about trying to talk to them tends to kill my muse.

Pet peeve directed at myself, Insecurity with writing.

I love to write but in rp I always fall short out of a fear of redundancy, or fear of doing touch and overstepping against my rp partber.

SithLordOfSnark said:
Mine are people who whine about me replying to one thread over theirs.

This one is mine as well. I understand I'm awesome and you fixate on my name when I show up in the 'online' list down below, but this is gettin' a little too heavy when I find myself coming home to you sitting in the dark, asking me where I've been all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom