Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ari's Ponderings- Journal

Lady Ari

Moon
I've decided to begin a journal here to write about my thoughts, worries, and desires concerning role play and writing.

It has always been my dream to write, actually write. Role play is wonderful because it helps expose me to different styles and perspectives. I've been doing this a long time and have had to step away at various points in time because I felt stagnant, stale. Some people call it writer's block, but I call it more of a plateau.

So. What is it I like to write? Gods... listing what I don't like to write would be easier. I've been told to challenge myself. In role play, that all depends on the others and how they portray their roles.

As for solo writing... been awhile since I've done it. Though, I use it to expand my roles. Lol, the last time I wrote a solo thread was a pure torture scene. I went dark and graphic. It was more fun than I'd thought and I'd done it on a dare. ^.^

Hopefully, I will regain my confidence and explore the means I have at my disposal- my imagination.

Ever get inspired to role play a particular theme or genre of role play after listening to a song or watching a show/movie? It happens to me all the damn time.

Last weekend we spent Saturday watching all 4 Jaws. Sunday was the last 3 discs of Harry Potter. Now, Jaws isn't a big one for me but HP... I've always wanted to role play this yet not appear childish for wanting so.

I'm going to be honest here. I love role playing anything vampire. Cliche, yes I know. However, I've been obsessed with these creatures since I saw the first one in black and white on Saturday Fright night when I was 4. The possibility these may actually be real... yet I'm a skeptic. It doesn't diminish my desire to portray them. Problem is, too many people have a preconception of what a vampire is or how they behave. I don't. I have researched real life history as well as fictional to learn about all the different views. Why? They are higher up on the food chain, plain and simple. And, they exist in historical tales through all cultures of the world. As do werewolves and dragons, etc.

I think a lot of people romanticize them because of the bite. It is almost a symbol for sex. When the teeth penetrate the skin, the predator and prey become one in that moment of the blood taking. See what I mean?

Yet, there's so much more to them than that. At least, that's what I've seen and read.

Meh... I've ranted. C'est la vie.

What do I get out of writing?

Escape. Entertainment. Outlet. Socialization. Inspiration. Joy.

These, I hope, to fulfill more often. Life happens and gets in the way. It always does.

The never ending search of the white rabbit. You know what I'm talking about. Those we constantly seek out but rarely find. Those who get our style of writing, embrace our imagination and give us a run for our money. Like a Blue Moon, they are very few and far between. I do not consider myself such, not yet. I do aim to be one someday. Still, I do continue that search to wet my every non sated thirst and hunger.

My days are filled with pain, but I don't let it stop me from enjoying the joys of life. I've found my furbabbies help greatly to reduce the level of pain when I'm forced to remain home. Makes me wonder....

Energy exchange? Which makes my mind wander to the musings of my imagination. Characters exchanging their life forces, their energy and all the ways this can be accomplished. I suppose such makes for the dynamic story does it not? Characters make the story, for without them all we are left with is a series of events.

I hate that I couldn't always be available to write down my thoughts here. Could have really used it with the recent hardships.

For once, I didn't sit down on the couch and let the world age and watch it go by. Action was required and I fulfilled it. A proud moment when one realizes one can actually adult. Hate having to adult but I also have to . Got motivation this time and that's a very good thing.

It just so happens to also leave me with time. I hope I'll be able to spend some time each day to develop characters and stories!

Ever have to change your schedule to a completely opposite time frame? 5 am comes far too early but thankfully I've been able to dig into some training I had when I was younger to perform, think, and learn. We can never stop learning, never stop adapting, never stay still. We have to do those things or we will not survive in this world. Some people are complacent and are afraid of change. Change can be a scary thing but that doesn't make it bad. You will never know what it can bring until you try it. Always remember, we have a choice. Grow, don't be that murky, stagnant pond that nobody likes save mosquitoes. >.<

The breeze streamed westward, catching upon leaves and brush, twig and trunk on its passage way through the quiet forest. No chirp of bird nor scattering of rodent. No deer were to be seen within the vicinity. Shadows were not cast as the skies above beheld billowing gray peaks and darker places flowing quickly above the forest. The storm was approaching and with it the impending doom to the figures who waited, hidden so carefully from view. Their silent vigilance blended into the foliage from hidden nooks and holes. Their azure painted faces covered with mud and clay, smeared across mostly bare skins save for the natural additions of leaf and moss. The energy nearly crackled as it was picked up and carried forth with the dance of pivots and swirls of the wind moving down stream. Bow, spear, knife, sword. These were the hand crafted weapons resting within well practiced hands, poised and in position as all eyes traveled seeking motion as ears listened on the winds for the sounds of the enemy.

"Halt!" came the command from the Roman Centurion, fist forming and raised into the air from horseback. The dark mare pawed at the earth, spewing hot breath out into the early morning mists as her master pulled the reigns and caused her to pause in her gait. The moss covered ground gave way to the metal nailed into her foot, which flicked the small chunks out and behind. Several horsemen drew their reigns as well, turning to line up beside their superior. The day was overcast so the craftsmanship of metal adhered to leather and shaped into armor did not reflect and give their position away up on the hill. Such position gave the squad a long range view of the forests below. Only one disadvantage was that of mists having risen from the earth, lingering in flowing patches out from the treeline.

The centurion spent several passing moments in quiet observance mulling over the possible outcomes of passing through the trees or riding around them. Each option was weighed and found neither were inviting. More than likely the native tribes of celts and druids lay in wait among the forests protection. It would save him and his men hours if not an entire day to pass through compared to the two days to ride around. Their orders were to make it to a fortress on the opposite ridge many miles away, secure it and prepare it for winter. The weather here was miserable and damp, constantly seeping in seeking out the bone until a man shivered even while a warm woman's body lay beside him. It seemed no amount of heat could ever hold the chill of these islands at bay.

"We ride around," came his final decision. He had need of each one of his men for it would take months to replace any of them with no promise the next was an actual able and skilled body. "Scouts, pull out ahead and hunt for our evening meal. Do not go into the woods for I feel we are even now being watched." Heels dug in as two horses began trotting off along the higher ridge. The rest moved into a single file walk to tarry after.

Seeing the movement of foreign men drew the signaled sound of quail. Chirps and coos that woke the forest up into motion as leaves rustled and brush grew feet. The people of the lands began a slow migration to shadow and trail the horses path above the mists along the ridge.

That need to write has continued. Loving the inspiration others are giving me! ^^

I'll have to give the 2nd segment to the Celtic Princess above later today hopefully. I won't put any pressure on it, though. I can visualize the next steps but I don't want it to feel forced.

Back
Top Bottom