Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Aversion To Thread RPs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fawnnorth

So one thing I've noticed is many members do not like to do thread RPs. Not sure exactly why, I personally hate Pm rps because they are so hard to keep up with. Topics are much more concise, and remain on your dash for easy visibility.

Also I like to horde stuff I wrote or RPs I do. Like an artist does on deviant art or something. How do you all show off what you have done? your art?

I tend to prefer threads myself because of the organizational aspect but I know a lot of people are really timid about their writing being seen. Or some dont want their stories showing up in searches or any number of things.

Uhm, I think the best place to copy and paste dead/finished RPs would be in Storytelling, so long as you have permission from your partners. If you're linking them from onsite, journals would also be the best place for that.

Is that a big concern? Stuff from here being found out irl? I certainly would not but does it happen or is it easy for it to happen?

I prefer the pm system just because when you log in it tells you how many new messages you have.

I can't really say if its a big concern or not. I know a few of my stories I wouldn't want certain parties to see [Family] but don't really care outside of that. Stories not placed in the Semiprivate section can be searched and I know some people do worry about that. I don't know how many people worry about it but I know a few do, how easy it is sort of depends on a lot of things. Most of the time things get lost in a giant mass.

Does it happen? I actually have no idea. I know some people worry about it. I know it can be done. I don't know if it has been, its not something thats ever actually been an issue.

There's a multitude of reasons people seem to prefer PMs or IMs over threads. A lot of people don't feel comfortable having their role-plays for everyone to see or for their family/friends to possibly find.

I'm like you. I personally prefer threads over anything else. I like seeing my post count rise and being able to keep track of all of my role-plays in one place.

HeyThereLittleBear said:
There's a multitude of reasons people seem to prefer PMs or IMs over threads. A lot of people don't feel comfortable having their role-plays for everyone to see or for their family/friends to possibly find.

I'm like you. I personally prefer threads over anything else. I like seeing my post count rise and being able to keep track of all of my role-plays in one place.

Yes very much my reasons, but my privacy above all is the biggest things. However if I am in the semi-private secriob will people from this board at least be able to see?

If a member on this board clicks on the semiprivate section they can see the list of threads posted there.

For me it's the fact i am usually behind in a RP with someone. Posting in a thread lets everyone know i just posted and some people have expressed great displeasure at my posting to a thread before responding to their RP first. Sometimes my muse simply isnt with a given RP, but ive been accused of so much based simply on slow responses to a RP...
If I keep them all to PM usually that doesn't happen.

Also, there are some things i fantasize about , where saying it is one thing but acting it out, maybe im just not comfortable with that being "out there"

But with the mail system unsearchable now, it is a lot tougher to find responses i need to get back to , r find my history with a given player. Not sure if that will drive me t threads though because i really dislike being thread stalked

megyn said:
For me it's the fact i am usually behind in a RP with someone. Posting in a thread lets everyone know i just posted and some people have expressed great displeasure at my posting to a thread before responding to their RP first. Sometimes my muse simply isnt with a given RP, but ive been accused of so much based simply on slow responses to a RP...
If I keep them all to PM usually that doesn't happen.

Also, there are some things i fantasize about , where saying it is one thing but acting it out, maybe im just not comfortable with that being "out there"

But with the mail system unsearchable now, it is a lot tougher to find responses i need to get back to , r find my history with a given player. Not sure if that will drive me t threads though because i really dislike being thread stalked

Ah, I do know what its like to be "thread stalked". It is very unpleasant. I started replying to RPs in the order I wanted but when I finished I would save it as a draft instead of posting it until I'd finished all the other posts I owed and then I posted them all together. I try to do that most of the time. But for the most part I started letting those people know if they were going to bother me over posting order they can drop the RP with me because I refuse to be stressed about an activity thats supposed to be fun and enjoyable.

= w=

I do sorta understand not wanting certain fantasies "out" there as well. I've a couple.

As I said, there are a lot of reasons why someone might prefer PM's. And though I prefer threads, I understand their reasons for preferring PM's. At one point I was strictly threads only but some of these things happened to me and now I'm not so strict with that rule anymore.

Ok, well, as the specific question about where to post previous RPs of yours onsite has been answered I shall close the thread. If you want you can create another thread in the General Discussion about preferences for PM's to continue this discussion. The topics been done in differing variations before, just keep it civil if you do. ^^~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom