Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Just Another Doomed Highschool Fling( MissKitty19&Russian Vodka)

Gabriel had complete focus on Kira, unaware of the guy observing them. He noticed how Kira seemed to be surprised at his asking her on what could be an actual date. He hadn't thought about it fully like that, he just wanted to spend time with her and figured that it could be a good break in their daily routines.

"Any time is good time with you." He replied after the soft kiss. It was hard to read her, despite the obvious emotions building between them, he couldn't tell how much she missed him except when they kissed. There was a longing when their lips met, for each other and soon they spent the short time she had available.

He drove her home afterwards, dropping her off without anyone noticing, the scent of her in his car as he drove home. He couldn't tell anyone about her, it would ruin too many things. At least at the moment. It was a secret that'd be impossible to keep until they both graduated. His mind playing around the idea of coming out with her as a couple to the others.

He barely noticed that he'd gotten home, she was on his mind too much. He wasn't hungry for food either, picking at his plate and only eating a bit. He didn't have any siblings to discuss his situation with. No one to properly give him advice so he went to his own room, grumbling about it all, trying to figure it out. In the end, all he could manage was a text message to Kira.

I hope I wasn't too forward with the drive-in cinema thing. Take your time with finding out if you want to go. I don't want to force you.

He sent it, then threw his phone on his bed before he laid down, feeling like an idiot for not being more assertive with her. It just felt wrong to push her into it. And why did his heart have to pound so loudly? He could barely think as he slowly drifted off to sleep, not even managing to check for a reply from her.

Kira bounded down the stairs the next morning. Her father, in his char, a open paper in his hands, looked over the folded top corner, through his wire rimmed glasses.

" Nice night princess?" Kira grinned at him as she got to her feet. She was going to wait for her sister in the car, she informed her father, before kissing the top of his head and telling him that she loved him as she left

' I want to go. Let me know when you need me ready by.' A simple answer, hiding her own insecurities about how willing he was to just let the matter slide.

She then looked at Connor's text, assuming he just needed a tutor, she'd speak with him during her free period, she was sending her reply as her sister slid into the passenger seat. Bright red spikes brushing against the roof of the vehicule.

" Is there something you aren't telling me Kiki?" She nodded, knowing that keeping it from her sister forever wouldn't work, hoping the bright blue eyes almost identical to her own, that stared back at her, full of concern, worry, and even betrayal. Would stop with the half truths she had prepared.

" I'm seeing someone okay? I just don't want it to be anyone business right yet." The answer seemed to satisfy the girl, until while seated on her own boyfriends lap during their free period, she saw her sister at a table, discussing something with Connor. It looked heated, especially as Connor got up, apparently to storm off, and Mira grabbed his arm and whispered something in his ear. The boy looked surprised and her sister smiled. A smile Nadia had never seen from the girl.

---
" We are your friends Kira! And you are lying to us." Connor's hushed accusations flew at her over their books. He knew, and fully intended to tell everyone. " And it's all for that prettyboy."

" Connor, please, I'm the one that wants to keep things quiet."He stood and was a bout to leave and she whispered in his ear. " I think I love him." He went still then and she let him go, smiling softly. He'd been friends with the Cast girl's since they were in diapers, and he'd never known they could smile like that, If he wasn't still obsessed with the redheaded twin, that smile would have changed things. He sat down, defeated.

"Okay, I'll keep it to myself but.... You gotta help me with this calculus stuff. Deal?" Kira nodded, secretly glad she would have someone to talk to about all this. " You have a date with him then?"

The next morning, Gabriel was on her way in his car when the text message ticked in, an acceptation of his invitation. He sat in the parking lot at school, thinking it over. "I will pick you up at 5, then we can grab something to eat in the way there." He sent it to her just before a knock was heard on his window. He looked out in surprise at Jackson.

He was out a moment later, hearing talk of the game that happened to be on the same night as his date with Kira. "I cant go, I've just made other plans." He politely declined, although it didn't seem to go through. "What plans? You're always at my games. What could be more important than the game?" Jackson had stopped him in the middle of the hallway, his group around them and he felt the pressure and stress. He couldn't tell them what he was going to do. Or with who.

"I have a date." He finally let out, the sight of surprise and shock on their faces as they realised he wasn't going with any of the girls there. "With who?" They demanded to know as he was backed up against the lockers. "You don't know her. And don't ask about it. I'll tell you when I feel like it." He sighed, knowing it was the closest to an honest answer he could give her.

It didn't matter to Jackson. He was with him the moment classes let out. "Tell me. I'm your best friend. You owe me that." He demanded, not giving it up as they drove off campus. So Gabriel pulled over on a lone street. "If you tell anyone, I'm going to beat you up. But you remember the girl from that party that I ended up playing that game with? I met her again." He admitted, feeling g relieved all of a sudden as he relaxed his grip on the steering wheel. "Holy... Dude. I won't tell." Jackson was surprised but he seemed honest at least that he wouldn't tell.

She had told Connor everything. The boy still completly enamoured with her sister. Seemed understanding. And even a bit like he could relate. Not that that surprised her. Though his affection for her twin was a bit creepy.

It was always strange to have your own features discribed to you, accompanied with that dazed look, all the while it wasnt you of whom they spoke.

Still. Telling the boy had come with benifits all thier own, namely Connor was able to distract her sister and the rest of thier group with a night of video games and pizza in his basement abode. So that when the time came for her to get ready for her date. She was home alone with her parents.

She styled her hair back and out of her face. A clip holding it back, easily removed and just as easily replaced. Donning a simple black sundress under her favorite leather jacket and forgoing her clunky dock martins for a tiny pair of black ballet flats... She could almost fit in with the more mainstream crowd.

If it wasnt for the fang like silver piercings that ordained her pink lips or the heavy liner that circled her pretty blue eyes. She'd just put down the pencil when she heared her father call up the stairs.

"Kira. Sweetheart. Were you expecting someone?"

Despite having confided in his best friend, Gabriel didn't know if the blabbermouth could keep silent about it. He only had to believe. And fortunately nothing happened for the remainder of the week until the Friday where he was taking Kira out. Everything until then went by normally.

He didn't have to make any excuses and he had told his parents that he was going to take a girl on a date to the movies. His father barely looked at him while his mother begun chiding him about all the things he needed to take care of before he could even consider it.

It was finally the day. Friday. And he was finishing up his outfit ahead of time. A navy blue shirt with some logo on it, a pair of jeans that fit him just right and the application of his cologne, just because he knew Kira liked it so much. And just as he was about to leave, his phone rang, making him freeze as he looked at the display.

"Hello Jennifer." He said as he picked it up, worrying that Jackson had told them. "Hey Gabe, can you help me out tonight. I can't make heads or tails of this stupid history stuff." Adrian sighed of relief erupted as he realised it was something that simple. "Can't we do it Sunday? I'll come over and we'll take care of it then. I'm about to head out for the night." Gabriel told her, hanging up a moment later before he ran out, grabbing his keys to drive off.

He had planned on being a bit early, but instead he was right on time, pulling up and seeing someone moving inside her house as he got out and moved to the door to ring the doorbell, trying to look calm and relaxed with a friendly smile on his face. He was ready to take her on their first official date.

Kira’s eyes widened, she hadn’t expected him to come to the door, or for her father to answer and invite him in. She could hear the older man chatting downstairs and for the slightest moment panicked. Except her sister wasn’t home and she calmed, doing a quick double take in the mirror before she went down the stairs. Her father smiled at her. Kissing her forehead in his way as she wish him goodbye.

“ Don’t stay out too late.” She’d agreed that she wouldn’t be out too long and turned to Gabriel. He was wearing the same scent he was the night they had… A blush rose to her cheeks at the memory and the recollection of everything they’d done since then. Worst time for that recall, with her father around. So she waited until the door closed to kiss him. Her kiss passionate and sweet as she tugged just a bit on the collar of his shirt to bring his lips to her’s. It was a brief kiss.

“Sorry, I just, didn’t think you’d appreciate me doing that in front of my father.” She wasn't really sorry. In fact if they didn't have to travel to their destination, she'd be taking every opportunity to kiss him

She was nervous. It would take a fool not to see that but a very big part of her was looking forward to having some time to talk with him and get to know more about him then just how well their body’s fit together. Her curfew at daybreak gave them nearly the entire evening.

“What movie were we going to see?” She asked, not really caring, though hoping it was something she had already seen, an old classic or a trendy horror, that wouldn’t require too much of her attention. His sudo introduction to her father had her curious though, about his family, even in a small town it was impossible to know everyone, so as he drove she asked about them. She guessed what with it being their senior year that his parents would be putting the same pressure on him as her’s were on herself and her sister.

Gabriel came to the door, meeting Kiras father. He went into a casual conversation, mentioning that they were going to see a movie. It didn't seem like he was a bad choice according to his her father responded. And then she came down, making him smile at how she had prepared herself for their date. He wrapped things up and let them talk as he went out to wait for her. And then she was there, pulling him downwards into a passionate, yet brief kiss, his hands around her waist, pulling her in against him.

"I don't mind. Your dad's a nice guy." Gabriel grinned softly as he went to the car with her, helping her in first before moving around to get in and head off to the drive in cinema. The silence was present at first, until she broke it by asking about the movie, making him smile. "It's a classic. Day of the Dead, the first George Romero zombie movie in black and white." He told her with a way grin.

It was a good half hour drive to get there, and when she begun asking about his family, he gladly explained them. His father had his own counseling company, his mother worked as a secretary at a local law firm. They were nice people, his father didn't mind what he did as long as it wasn't trouble. Yet his mother was after him about grades, girls, chores, his car. Any moment she had something to worry about over him, she let him know.

Then they arrived, a line of fifteen cars waiting to get in, and soon it was their turn. Gabriel paid, getting a map that showed where they could park and where snacks were. He went to find them a good spot, not too illuminated so they wouldn't have anyone lurking in on them as he turned the engine off. "So, here we are, on our first date." He said with a slightly nervous grin.

She stared out the window as the city she had grown up in came into view. Ten Years was a long time to be away from home, she hadn't realized her hand was shaking until she saw Nadia look over from the driver's seat, giving her trembling hand a pointed look.

" Everything alright KiKi?" She asked in a voice that made Kira want to scream. A voice as padded as the walls she'd ended up surrounded in at that time. Kira nodded and gripped the trembling hand with her other, pulling on the sleeve of the hoodie she wore to try and hide it. She didn't want her sister to feel sorry for her. She'd had enough of her twin's sympathy to last a lifetime.

' Mental Breakdown, Acute psychosis.' The diagnosis rang in her ears as if the doctor was in the car with them today, and it wasn't 10 years past.

After that night. The school found out, All her friends , her sister, even teachers were asking questions and talking about it. The disappointed looks, on top of all the other pressures forced upon a teenage girl, one that no one had realized was so vulnerable, according to her Doctor that was the catalysis. And event that pushed her already overwhelmed mind past the breaking point, what lead to her doing what she did.

" The body remembers trauma Nadia, I'm fine. I've got the tranqs if I'm not." Heavy duty tranquilizers, one pill and she'd sleep a dreamless sleep for days. Give her body time to calm down. She hadn't needed them in years, but the steady script had become like a comfort item.

After the event the school had forgone making her take exams, and instead of walking in graduation with her class, she'd been mailed her diploma. So she did graduate with her class, They'd even given her honorary Valedictorian status, seeing as that was what she had been on track to receive anyhow, Not that she'd put it to use anyhow, fourteen months in the psych ward had ignited a passion for the arts and that was what she had been doing all this time.

That and regular therapy.

Her twin had gone into music, the red Mohawk was gone though, now her hair was styled in a pixie cut, and a more muted shade of red.. Nadia had found some success starting her own alternative music label.

The art world was a little less forgiving. Kira had struggled, taking on odd jobs, even painting nursery murals, It wasn't until a few years ago that her pieces had started selling.

Her style had muted a bit too. The white blond and pink colour of her hair gone, now her natural black curls had grown, wildly down her back. They were pulled up in a messy bun under her hood now a few winding tendrils framing her face. She'd kept all her piercings over the years, even added a couple more. Both hidden and otherwise. Tattoos as well. Her fiancée who had plans to join them later in the week, closer too the actual reunion, a tattoo artist. He was supposed to come with her, but had cancelled last minute. A client 'desperately' needed a touch up.

For years, any visits with her sister or her parents had involved them coming to her, at some point after the incident, it had been decided that she didn't need to come back home and should probably be kept away,

They hadn't even intended to tell her about the reunion and the activities surrounding it.

When she got the invitation over social media she hadn't had a break down, she hadn't even fretted. In fact, she RSVP'd almost right away.

" I've got some work to do tonight, and Pop is on one of his fishing trips, Are you sure you'll be fine alone?" There it was again, kid gloves, handling her as if she was made of glass. She cast a look at her sister, one that silently told her to stop and Kira watched as the girl bristled. And let it go.

" Yeah, Connor reached out, He and his husband are apparently taking me dancing.

She woke with a start in her childhood room, smelling of sex and alcohol, curled into the body of a man that most certainly wasn't her Fiancée. Very naked. It was clear what had happened after one too many drinks the night before. She sat up glancing around the room, which, hadn't changed at all since she was a kid. The dress she'd worn the night before, the panties.... As well as clothing that was distinctly male, lay littered in a trail too the bed. Walking over too the pants, she checked the pockets, pulled out a wallet. May as well find out who the still sleeping mystery man was. A Sam's club card, a punch card for the café that she used to visit all the time, a couple credit cards and a drivers license. She pulled the blue card out of the wallet, and her left hand started to shake violently. So much so that she dropped the card and the wallet. Her Right hand moving to still the trembling one as she moved quickly to the bathroom. Not very quiet as she closed the door behind her.

"Shit" moving over to the sink, she splashed water in her face a few times before looking at herself in the mirror, makeup from the night before, smudged around crystalline blue eyes.

The same blue eyes he'd once whispered sweet nothings about getting lost in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom