Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[MxM] Seeking Long-Term, Plot-Focused RP Threads

derkaiser

Dust
Kaiser here!

As an avid history enthusiast, I’m in the market for some (primarily) history-based, plot-heavy roleplay threads with literate partners who are willing to delve into mature topics.

A general overview of what I’m looking for:

• Literacy — I don’t consider myself a stickler for perfect grammar because lord knows I make my fair share of mistakes while writing, but a consistent lack of proper punctuation/capitalization, use of text speak, etc. is a major deterrent and saps my willingness to continue with the thread.

• Content — What I’m looking for are plot-heavy, long-term threads where my partner and I put the effort into formulating complex and dynamic backstories for characters and the world around them. I prefer RP threads that are projects rather than expendable writing exercises, meaning that any ideas we come up with are ones I want to see followed through long-term. Ideally I would love to RP with someone who is comfortable with playing multiple (secondary) characters along with whatever their primary muse is.

• Length — I generally write 2-4 solid paragraphs per-reply, but overall I value quality over quantity; depending on the specific scene we’re writing, lengthy replies aren’t always possible. Just know that one-liners and dialogue-only replies will have me withdrawing from the thread.

• Realism — Even in fantasy-based RPs, I expect there to be a level of believability in how characters are written and the events that happen around them are portrayed. Because of this I stay away from anything that seems to be anime-based (for instance, please don’t send me a picture of an anime character and tell me that this is what your muse looks like), stereotypes and over-used tropes, and characters that are wholly good, wholly evil, are perfect at everything they do, etc. I want to build plots with writers whose muses are dynamic and whose decisions are influenced by believable vices and virtues.

• Contact — I love to plot and chat with my RP partners! As I’ve mentioned before, I prefer to think of threads as long-term projects rather than brief writing exercises, so please don’t be a stranger! One of the most enjoyable parts of RPing is making new friends.

*A general note on smut — I shy away from this being the focal point of any RP, because once the smut has been written the thread tends to die quickly afterwards. Even if the characters in question have a pre-existing relationship, I would like for the physical aspect of their relationship to not take center stage as opposed to the larger plot in general and the characters as individuals.

I tend to play older characters, around mid-thirties to late-forties, but that’s all I’ll say about what types of characters I play, as I would prefer to develop my muse alongside whatever plot I put them in. I don’t subscribe to the very tired trope of having one dominant, hyper-masculine character alongside a meek, overly-feminine character, and all the stereotypes that go with that dynamic.

In terms of plots, what I’m looking for are primarily history-based, alongside some light fantasy and plots inspired by video games.

HISTORY-BASED SETTINGS AND PLOTS:

Medieval

• Any sort of nobility x nobility or nobility x warrior class plot, along with nobility x clergy or warrior class x clergy
  • Plots centered around the Viking Age
  • Plots centered around the Crusades (this includes the crusades in the Levant, as well as the crusades in Eastern Europe)

Late Victorian Era, Edwardian Era (1860s-1914)
  • Plots set in late Tsarist Russia
  • Plots set in the United States (primarily American Civil War and the American West)

1914-1945
  • Plots involving the First World War
  • Plots involving the Bolshevik Revolution
  • Plots involving the Second World War

VIDEO GAME-BASED SETTINGS AND PLOTS
*Just a note that, in terms of primary characters, I prefer to only deal in OCs. I have no interest in trying to primarily portray canon characters, nor do I ship my OCs with them
  • Fallout — I have a strong preference towards New Vegas, but I’m open to any setting featured in the franchise (with the exception of Fallout 4, because I’m already involved in a thread set in that timeline)
  • Dragon Age — doesn't have to necessarily follow the plot and protagonist of Origins or Inquisition, but will exist within this world and during the events of these games.

In terms of sexual content I’m willing to write, things like kinks can be discussed as the plot progresses (or can be discussed beforehand if the characters have a sexual relationship that exists prior to the start of the RP). What I’m willing to write will depend upon how comfortable I am with you as a partner and on the circumstances of the in-character relationship. I’m always open to conversation, but I absolutely will NOT do bathroom play, incest, adult/child relationships, noncon, etc.).

I prefer to RP via email, but I am open to using discord and the PM system here on bluemoon.

If any of these settings sound intriguing to you, please send me a message!

Back
Top Bottom