Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Metroid: Infection (Interest)

Dark_Fire27

Super-Earth
The X Parasite; a creature native of what was once the planet of SR388. The Chozo landed on the planet long ago, discovering this very species and the potential threat it had to the galaxy. This resulted in the creation of the Metroid, the only life form immune to the DNA replicating capabilities of the parasite, and they became the dominating species on SR388. When it came known of how dangerous the Metroid could be, becoming employed by the space pirates and their commander, Ridley, it took a single bounty hunter to perform a mass genocide of the Metroid on SR388. It didn't take too much time afterwards she would return with the Federation to gather specimens from the surface, and come to grips of a far greater threat was kept in check because of the Metroid.

The first encounter with the X nearly killed her, but it was with a vaccine made from Metroid DNA that it resulted in saving her, and granted her the capabilities to combat the X. When she sent the station that housed an entire population of creatures housing X parasites to SR388, it was believed the species was entirely annihilated... or so the logs of the Bounty Hunter claimed.

Many long years since then, the bounty hunter went into hiding, the Federation sought to return to where SR388 was, in a newly built station meant to observe and double as a life form study ground, even so much as investigating a wide variety of experiments and DNA splicing research. They sent a small crew of combat-trained Humetroids, humans that have been given Metroid DNA through secret Metroid breeding programs and vaccinations, however it did result in them forbidden to explore planets that have colder climates because the Metroid DNA made them exceptionally sensitive to the cold. It was believed the X were longed wiped out, but... there were no transmissions following an extraction of a piece of the planet that was SR388. The Federation knew something was amiss... and unable to rely on the help of Samus Aran, the bounty hunter hired by the Federation on many accounts, because of her current location remained unknown even to them, they had to rely upon their own sources. Little do these troopers know, however... of a threat longed to be gone from the galaxy, wasn't quite as 'gone' as it was perceived by Samus...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This RP is taking place roughly 10 years following the events of Metroid Fusion, Samus, as stated, has gone into hiding... but to the right person, I will allow someone to take her role. HOWEVER, this RP will focus heavily on the Federation crew sent in to investigate; mixed genders is preferred in this, have roughly 3 slots available, but will allow a 4th as necessary. This is not including myself, so maximum, 5 people will be playing.

Sex encounters will be few, and if so, taken to PM preferrably. This will be mostly a suspense, adventure, survival and, to a degree, horror-filled as well, which I admit is my first attempt at an RP with the genres of survival, horror and suspense. Each crew member will have their specialties, from types of special weaponry, computer access, explosives, and so forth. Not every action provided will be without its consequences, so one thing you could do, may result in a seemingly calm situation turn completely sour, even dire. And, the biggest point, everyone is capable of getting hurt; not every movement will result in a successful dodge, nor will a single clip of ammunition be enough to take down a foe if its powerful enough. Some recognizable enemies will make their return here, bosses too, each with their own special powers and differences compared to their original.

The RP itself will actually work similarly to Fusion to a degree, with a number of changes to it (like the actual lacking of SR388, for an obvious point). Each character will be able to acquire specific upgrades based on their specialties over the course of the RP; as far as their armor is concerned, they will all come across new suits of armor (Varia and Gravity, respectively) after enough time passes at the same time, though at first, they wear traditional Federation armor. Some characters will acquire new weaponry, guns with properties mimicking Samus's various beams, sooner than others, depending on their capabilities or specialties in said weapons, though the Ice Beam will never be accessed by any of them (Metroid DNA in their system and all). IF someone does claim Samus for play, with my permission of course, they will mostly be present for observation and, only if it's necessary, brief assistance if she's in the vicinity. Like all of her adventures in the games, should a Samus player surface, starts off fresh with basic weaponry/armor/skills and develop as time wears on as the upgrades are presented to her.

here's to hoping that the metroid Lore hasn't become too obscure yet. been a while since fusion came out after all.

My knowledge of the meteoroid universe is fairly limited, but this seems like quite a bit of fun. So in few words I would be interested in joining!

It's fine, but from here on out, all male slots are used up; only females can join from here on out. For the record, character sheets can be made here. It won't be hard to follow along, and I'll be making an OOC forum when the RP itself starts when we have at least a 4th person join to help with any questions as necessary.

Back
Top Bottom