Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the name of Peace (Myself and Zanne Heartwood)

The war between the lycan kingdom and the cat shifter kingdom of Katania had been long at bloody. Both sides had suffered extensive losses, entire villages wiped out, caught in the cross fire of the two powerful kingdoms. After the loss of yet another of her own children, the Queen of Katania sent her most loyal spy to the royal family of the lycan kingdom, offering her only remaining daughter for marriage to bring an end to the bloody war and a stop to the casualties on either side. After some haggling over the terms, it was set.

Now, what the queen hadn't told them was that her only remaining daughter had a rare condition. She had the royal blood, had a catspirit within her, but couldn't shift. Instead, she was left in a her more vulnerable human form with a few of the physical traits of the cat. Due to her condition, she had been almost like a pet to her family, who had sheltered her and guarded her carefully, keeping her away from the fighting and violence.

Anyway, that was how she ended up here, walking through the halls of the lycan kingdom's castle in a simple if short dress, sturdy for traveling but nice enough to greet other royalty in. It was the same bright green of her cat like eyes, her long golden with black splotches hair braided and draped over her shoulder. The cat like ears on her head were golden with black tips, and held high. She was sure the six guards around her could smell her fear, and even more certain the lycans could. She put on a brave face with her long, fluffy golden tail with the distinctive black rosettes of a leopard, held high and proud. She knew she was drawing attention as none of the other catshifters retained those cat like qualities and looked completely human. The two guards in front open the double doors to the room marked 'throne room' on the floor plan they had been given. The leader of the guard stepping forward.

"Announcing Princess Alyxandria Nikolae Lygerious of the kingdom of Katania." The guardsman called, following their standard protocol for visiting foreign kingdoms.

The Lycan Kingdom of Grandia welcomed the Princess of Katania with open arms. While plenty of people were wary of the shifter Princess and her entourage, thinking that it was a cunning ploy to assassinate or undermind what was going on, others were happy for the end of the war. The Lycan's were a proud race of people, but they were not stupid. The years of war had taken a toll on not on their population, but the farmlands, and the sustainable nature of the kingdom. With seasons changing, their focus had to be more on provisions, rather than fighting some decades long war. The King and Queen of Grandia met with the spy when they came, and terms were struck. It may have been a little suspiscious, but the negotiations were very quick.

Princess Alyxandria was set to marry Prince Zanne. One of the King's son's, one of the younger ones, and not really in line to inherit the throne. The King and Queen were aware of Katania's lack of heirs, and partly used it to their advantage. Zanne was not one of the largest Lycan's in the kingdom, or his family. In fact he was one of the smaller ones. However he used it to his avantage. Whereas his larger brothers were more muscular, Zanne was more of an athletic man. He stood in human form for most of the time. He had medium length, jet black hair, that he kept in a small pony tail. His face had sharp, attractive features, with eyes red, and as deep as rubies. He had a toned, athletic shape, with slight muscle definition. He was built for speed, and agility rather than just raw power. However, he did look like he would be rather strong. He had seen fights, and had some scares on his chest, and arms. However, that wouldn't be seen by regular folk.

When she was announced, the throne room, and great hall, stood to her. At the door awaited Zanne, her expecting fiance. He wore a set of fanciful black and silver clothes, clearly meant to be more impressive than practical. He offered his arm to her, to walk her up to meet his parents. The marriage was to be performed that evening, and a feast had been planned out as well. The Throne roomw as filled with nobles, who looked to her, and showed their respects by bowing. Some were in human form, and others were in the larger wolf-hybrid form. None of the nobles were in the more compact feral form, as it was impolite to be.

Aly hesitated for just a moment when her fiance offered his arm to her, mostly because she had not expected that. Quickly, she accepted his arm, though it placed her a bit closer to him than she had thought she'd be at first. She had grown up being told that the lycans were monsters and to avoid them. In fact, she had a four long scars on her back because she had trusted one, helped her even by setting her free. After that, the princess had avoided them entirely.

As they walked in to the room, she covertly glanced over at some of the nobels that were in their hybrid forms, thinking they were just huge. She glanced at her soon to be husband and tried to picture him in his and failed. The hybrid form was different for her, especially since the cats only had their feral forms and their human ones. Her ears twitched a little bit from nervousness as they approached Zanne's parents. Part of Aly wished she had one of her three remaining brothers with her, as they had been trained in this sort of thing, where as she was just told to stay quiet. It wasn't until the last of her sisters had been killed just about a week ago that she had recieved any sort of training for her new role. No one had anticipated needing the youngest daughter for anything.

She curtsied, as expected to show her respect. She felt very vulnerable without the familiar guards near her, however she knew that they had needed to remain near the doors otherwise it would have been disrespectful and showed distrust. She was actually thankful that her fiance was not in line for the throne, especially since the fertility rates in those with her condition were astoundingly low and she likely wouldn't be able to produce an heir. She wasn't even sure if the two species were compatible enough anyway. The thoughts fled from her mind as she curiously looked over the pair that would soon be her in-laws, careful not to be offensive with her curiousity.

The Prince held the arm of his betrothed, and guided her up the aisle to the Throne. The King was an intimidating fellow. He was large man, even in human form. With the growth that their Hybrid form, he would be gigantic! His intimidation didn't stop at his size. Despite the grey hair, he was still very fit, with scars over his face. His wife, the Queen was a little more regal, and far less intimidating. She was an attractive woman, and wore a very pretty dress in the same black and silver colours of her son's dress. At the base of the Throne's Dias, were Zannes brothers and sisters, a total of 7 of them, 3 Older brothers, 2 older sisters, and 2 younger ones. The Younger sisters were cute, and so innocent looking. They looked at the cat girl, giggling and trying to get her attention. The older ones looked to her with a bit of malice in their eyes. The second eldest didn't even recognize her, an seemed very impolite.

When Aly curtsied, the King bowed his head and the Queen rose to her feet. "Ladies and Gentlemen. It is our great honour to host the Princess of Katania. I understand that our two great kingdoms have been enemies for a long time. And it is with immense pleasure, that this will mark an age of peace, and prosperity between our two houses."
The King stood as well. "Princess Alyxandria Nikolae Lygerious. I understand your journey here must have been very tiring. However, I will need you to accompany my Queen, for wedding preparations." He nodded to her. The Queen stepped down from the dias, and bowed her head to the Princess, and kissed Zanne in the cheek. She then offered her hand to the princess to move out to another room.

When out of earshot of nobles, or the King she looked to Aly. "Oh, you look so nice. I am very happy for Zanne" She took in a soft breath. "But! You must have questions. Please, ask me anything. And call me Cial, this Queen shenaniganry is just silly." She bit her lip cutely and looked Aly over once more. "We have tailors awaiting you to prepare your dress. Whatever you would like." She nodded.

The small princess was definitely intimidated by the king, and had to struggle to keep her feet firmly planted where they were. She smiled at the two younger siblings, glad at least they seemed friendly enough. She then made a point of making eye contact with each of the others in turn, trying to show she wasn't scared of them. In truth, she was, but only a little. She kept her face serious when the Queen stood and spoke, and did her best to keep her ears from twitching when the king stood.

"Yes sir, your majesty." She thought that was the propper form of address, at least it's what she had heard the knights address her father as. She bowed her head to the queen and accepted her hand, readily following the other woman. She sighed with relief as soon as the queen spoke, her ears relaxing from the strict upright position she had held them, and her tail sank a few inches so that it didn't stick out so much. "Oh thank goodness." She smiled at Cial warmly. "Please call me Aly, my full name's a mouthful." She laughed softly. "Yes, I do have questions. My mother only gave me a brief idea of what's going on. What will I be expected to do during this wedding?" She was unsure of their specific traditions.

"Is there anything that should be included in a wedding dress?" She asked softly, wanting to make sure she was able to follow their customs as much as she could. She had a small hair ornament her mother had given her in the green and gold that made up her family's colors. Beyond that she was happy to follow the customs of her fiance's kingdom.

Cial looked to her and nodded. "Of course. Aly it is." She smiled at Aly. "As for what you will be expected to do. It is really simple. There is a ceremony here, where you and Prince Zanne will do things as a pair. Eat from the same plate, drink fro the same glass." She chuckled a little. "I know it is a little weird, but that is...just how things are." She thought for a moment. "We had talked in the negotiations to include your Kingdoms Customs as well." She shook her head. "That would be a little much here in this Kingdom. So we talked that Yourself and Zanne would head back to Katania to do your own wedding, or mating ceremony. But that will be for you two to decide."

When Aly asked about the dress, and what not, Cial took in a soft breath. "Well, There is something" She scratched her cheek slightly. "Ceremonial clothing here is usually somewhat open, and revealing. Which may, or may not, be comfortable for you" She sighed a little.

There was a small noise to the side, and Cial looked over. "Oh come on, you two can come here." The Two younger sisters of Zanner were there. "Do you want to try and help Aly out with her dress?" She tilted her head to the side. "So, have any ideas for your dress?"

"Seems simple enough. Yes, it probably would be. It's a little much there sometimes and we're use to it. I'm sure you already know, but the festival, tournament, and feast that go with a royal wedding in my homelands can get pretty rowdy to say the least." She laughed softly remembering the shenanigans that happened at her eldest brother's wedding. "I'm not sure if the ceremonial 'hunt' would be entirely appropriate given the situation." Aly smiled a bit. "I suppose I'll have to talk to Zanne about it."

Aly blushed a little, then nodded softly at the mention of revealing ceremonial clothing. "It's alright. I'll follow your customs. If we were in my homeland, I would have had to wear something likely worse for the majority of the ceremony." She admitted, blushing at the thought of her home's customs. Aly supposed the Katanians probably looked like savages to the people of Grandia just as much as they looked to the Katanians. After all, a Katanian mating ceremony did end with the groom literally hunting his bride down in a guarded section of the forest, the couple expected to consumate the union when he caught her, or in some cases she caught him.

Aly smiled at Zanne's two younger sisters in a friendly manner. "As for the dress, I'd just like to be able to move my tail easily. It's very uncomfortable to have anything rub the base of it too much." She admitted, a soft blush gracing her face. Her tail slid around to her front and she played with the fur on it with her hands as she often did when she embarrased or nervous.

Cial cupped her hands on her cheeks. "A tournament! Oh I knew we should have had something like that" she sighed softly "I am sorry. I convinced my husband out of a tournament for the occasion. I felt you two wouldn't want something so...extavagent." She sighed. Then the mention of the hunt. "I do not really know what goes on at youre Ceremonial Hunt...but that actually would be something Zanne might like. He does enjoy hunting." She then nodded.

"I am sure your kingdom has more Customs than we do for it. Normal wolves don't even have mates, and it would jsut be the king that did anything. We keep the ceremony simple, however...there are events planned for the next couple days." Cial looked to the young ones. "all right. Well, I gues Zanne got lucky then. Getting a wife that doesn't seem to need all those fancy things!" She smiled. "And these are our two youngest. Grace and Patience." the two young wolf girls smiled up to Aly. One had 1 brown eye, 1 bright blue eye, and light hair. The other had 2 brown eyes and dark brown hair. Their hair was indicative to their fur colour.

Cial nodded. "Well, if you have any other special requests, please let the tailor know." She led the Aly into another room, and inside was a male, with a length of measuring rope, plenty of fabrics, and all orts of things to make dresses. He smiled to her, then bowed gracefully "Hello, I will be making your wedding dress." He nodded. Cial moved up to her. "I will leave you to this, if you need us, you can call the guard at the door. Oh! Is there...anything you won't eat?" She tilted her head to the side.

Aly giggled. "The tournaments my father and brothers hold are more to select the royal guardsmen candidates and actually where my eldest brother met his mate. For me, they've never been a favorite honestly. It was just funny to see my father get all excited." She admitted with a warm smile. Her face went really red and she could feel the heat the coming off it when Cial mentioned Zanne would probably like the hunt. She was still getting use to the idea of a stranger being her mate. "Possibly... Most shifters do like hunting..." She spoke softly, deciding not to go into detail about what was being hunted.

"That's defiently a place where our two peoples vary. Matings are very common among my people. It's actually a little different for each of our clans, however the three things that all have in common are it is generally a time for sharing the prosperity of the clan, the mating ceremony, and the hunt." Aly explained with a smile. She chose to leave out the part where there were exceptions if a couple managed to get pregnant before their ceremony. After all, it wasn't uncommon for singles to share one another's beds. Heck, even Aly wasn't a virgin.

"I don't know if I'd call him lucky just yet. My brothers are always telling me I've got a smart mouth." Aly said playfully, actually a little flattered. "It's nice to meet the both of you." Aly grinned at the two young wolf girls, hoping she'd be able to befriend them quickly. "Thank you, Cial." She followed them to the taylor and smiled at the man in a friendly manner. "Hello, and thank you." Aly's greeting to the taylor was polite and friendly. "I can't eat strawberries. I'll happily eat anything else." Her response was almost instant, naming the food she was allergic to. She wasn't picky food wise by any means.

Cial chuckled a little. "Zanne really likes it. It wouldn't surprise me if he was the one who hunted for the feast tonight" She sighed softly and shrugged. "Well, we tend to keep the mating ceremony a little private here. Generally behind closed doors." She laughed lsightly. "Well, perhaps you can test Zanne's wits, he doesn't really like showing it, but he is kind of smart." She nodded and clapped her hands together. "Splendid. That shouldn't be a problem at all." She turned to grab onto the two young ones, and smiled "Let's let them work. Oh...welcome to the Kingdom Aly. It is a pleasure to have you." She nodded.

The Taylor was quick to work. He pulled out a string. "All right princess. I will need you to strip to your undergarments" He nodded. The taylor waited until he was unlikely to be heard. "Princess. I know it might be awkward, but if you have...any questions about the kingdom, feel free to ask. I am not royalty, so..." He smile. "Regardless, most of the public is happy for this union. It is good to know that Prince Zanne will be wed to such a cute woman" Then he went to work getting measurements for her, and choosing fabric, and adornments. At the end, it was a bit of a simple dress. The dress went down to her feet, was only a little poofy. The forest green fabric was adorned with golden thread along the hem. The chest of the dress was a loose corset shape of the same dark gren fabric, however he did leave her shoulders bare. To round it up, there was a nice pair of green silk gloves that went up to her elbow. To solve the tail issue, there was a hole at her butt! She had control of how tightly she wanted it against her body with a draw string that around like a nice belt. She was also given fabric that went with the dress if she wanted to have some kind of drapery to cover the hole. She was also given a nice pair of gold and green ribbons, just in case she wanted to tie it onto the tip of her tail!

Through out the time she had with the Taylor, he would ask her to pose in different ways, measure things, and then start off stitching things together. It was pretty impressive at his speed. They were served refreshments, and little bites to eat. After this, it was time to go to the Ceremony. The sun was dipping past the horizon, creating the light of twilight all around.

Aly smiled as Cial mentioned Zanne probably had hunted the feast. Perhaps she'd see if he wanted to hunt with her when things finally settled down. She had certainly enjoyed going hunting back home, even though her mother had disapproved. Perhaps being mated to a wolf wouldn't be so bad. Aly blushed when the queen spoke. "N-no one's supposed to watch! It's guarded, but to keep the couple from nosy family members and perverts..." Aly hurriedly explained. "Perhaps it would be fun. I'm pretty good at sneaking around the forest. I haven't met a guard yet that I couldn't slip away from." Aly grinned, excited at the thought of a challenge. "Thank you, it's a pleasure to be here." She was pleased to find she meant her words.

Aly made short work of stripping to her undergarments when the taylor asked her to, not wanting to slow the swift man down. She hesitated for a moment when the man told her she could ask him questions. She blushed a little at the cute part. "Do you... like living in Grandia?" She asked finally, cautious of her wording. She nibbled at the refreshments that were offered, actually eating and drinking very little. Nervousness for the ceremony and what was to follow had upset her stomach just a little.

She was rather impressed with how quickly the man worked, and she fulfilled his every request without hesitation. "This is beautiful, thank you!" She was very pleased with the dress, not too fancy, but plenty for the occasion. It was perfect! Adding on the drapery to cover the hole for her tail, tying the ribbons to the end of her tail, and pulling the pin from her boot and slipping it into her hair, she finished her preperations. The captain of the set of guards that had brought her there was there to lead her to her wedding ceremony. "Your father would be proud. You're beautiful." The older, dark haired man spoke softly and with pride, like he was about to lead his own daughter off to be mated. The man had been one that had watched her grow up, after all. The pair continued on towards where the ceremony would take place without farther hold up.

The Taylor looked to her as she asked her question. "Yes, I like living here. It is a great kingdom to live in" He smiled. The Taylor bowed his head and smiled at her compliment. "Thank you. Please, enjoy the ceremony"

The Ceremony was being held in the courtyard. When they got there, she was announced once more. "Announcing Princess Alyxandria Nikolae Lygerious of the kingdom of Katania" a guardsman had called. While the normal guards wore more traditional armour, those in the courtyard were wearing ceremonial armour. Slightly less functional, but more ornate. Black steel, with silver filligree. Seems as though they were waiting for the princess to arrive for the ceremony to begin, as the groom was standing in the middle of a dias, in an elegant suit of black and silver. At the middle of the dias was an elder werewolf, in hybrid form. His fur was a deep grey mottled with splotches of white. A beard grew upon his chin, and he wore quite simple, religious robes with the symbol of the full moon on his chest.

The muttering, and chattering of conversation stopped at her announcement, and all eyes were on her. They stood at her entrance, and all of the bowed to her as she was guided down the aisle by her guard. The courtyard was so pretty, with flowers of green, black, white and yellow in bunches. Ribbons of the two house colours were intertwined between pillars. It was a very pretty place to be. As the sun went down, the world was cast into Twilight. When the sun had fully dropped, the priest began to speak. How this night was a time of pleasantry, peace, and prosperity. That as the moon washes the world in it's light, the bonds of friendship grew. It was really a great speech. When he got near the end, Zanne took Aly's hand softly and the priest drapped their hands in a cloth. The elder guided their other hands on top of the cloth and pronounced them. "By the light of the moon, with the blessing of both houses. I delcare you Husband and Wife. One and the same, in blessed union." Zanne smiled to her, and leaned in. The prince planted a soft kiss upon her lips. The crowd cheered, and clapped, then the party began!

Jesters, story tellers, magician's, and the like were all happy to perform for the new couple. The feast was of boar and venison, with various fresh fruits, and prepared dishes.

"That's great. Thank you." Aly smiled at the taylor before she left, content with his answer. "Thank you, I'll certainly try to enjoy it." In truth, she was still a little nervous.

She tried not to be too obvious as she looked around the courtyard. Defiently impressive, she decided the crowd fell silent and she allowed her guard to guide her down the isle, her attention not on her soon to be husband and the elder wolf. The hybrid form once again caught her attention, and she couldn't help but stare a little with curiosity. She dropped her gaze breifly as she let her guard help her up onto the dias. Her guard then moved away, going off to the edge of the congregation. Turning her attention to Zanne, she gave him a little smile. She stood a little straighter as the priest began to speak, smiling at his words. This was a lovely ceremony. Looking up at Zanne when he took her hand, she smiled amd gave a gentle squeeze just in time for the priest to drape the cloth over their hands. She placed her other hand on top easily, following the priest's urging. She smiled back at Zanne and leaned in slightly for the kiss.

Aly stayed by Zanne's side as the performances began, and she smiled at them encouragingly as well as clapped for every one. "So Zanne, you like hunting? Ever been spear fishing?" She asked with a grin. "It's pretty exciting when the fish are nearly as big as I am." Katania had coastline along a fair amout of their kingdom, and fishing was a rather important source of food and commerce for them. It was also almost as a large a sport as hunting in the kingdom. As they went on to the feast, she was pleased by the scents of all the foods. "This smell delicious!" She ginned at Zanne once more, trying to be friendly. The tip of the energetic young woman's tail flickered back and forth. She was doing her best not to squirm and move too much, but that was the one thing she couldn't help. All through their moving around, Aly kept touching Zanne lightly, mostly on his arms, and even now her fingertips brushed his arm.

After the kiss, Zanne smiled happily and looked to her. Then the feestivities! Zanne laughed at the right point, he clapped when he had to. The boy smiled happily at his new wife. They were given just a single plate (larger than the others) with all the fixings on it. He looked to her and then thought for a moment. He lifted a forkful of the meat that was on the plate for her to eat.

"Yes, I do like hunting." He smiled. "I caught the Boar yesterday, and I got the deer this morning." He smiled happily. "I have not been spear fishing before. We do it the...really old fashioned way." He chuckled "Fish is actually a delicasy here." He nodded at her. Then he noted the finger tips and touching started to get to him. He blushed softly at the feeling of it. Then he brought his hand under the table, running a hand up her thigh, and then moving to grab onto her hand.

The night went on, and Zanne got a little more ambitious. His hands never strayed to private areas, but after the meal, they were ushered to the dance floor. Zanne took the chance to put his hand by the small of her back, and lead her to the dance floor. There was a band that started to play a nice song for the new couple to dance too. He set his one hand on her waist, and then grabbed onto her hand. He stood there, very regal, and clearly very noble. When they started to sway back and forth, he looked into her eyes. "You look astounding Princess Aly" He smiled.

Aly couldn't help the small blush that crept to her cheeks as Zanne held the fork of meat out for her to eat. Slowly, she leaned in and took the meat into her mouth, savoring the flavor. "Thank you, it's as delicious as it smells." She giggled and smiled at her new husband, taking in the information he offered. Collecting a forkful of meat, she then offered it to her husband returning the favor.

"It's the opposite in my homeland. Seafood is a major part of most Katanian's diet, more so in the towns on the seaboard." She shared with a smile, blushing at the hand on her thigh, but making no move to stop him. In fact, sje even scooted her tail, which had been draped arcoss her lap, over to make more room for his hand. "Hunting is quite fun, do you prefer to hunt in your wolf form? I'm pretty good with a bow myself."

Aly was quite content to allow herself to be led to the dancefloor, placing her free hand on his shoulder when he took her other hand. "Thank you, Prince Zanne. You're very handsome yourself." Smiling at him, she responded in a soft voice. Her eyes met his, unwavering as she moved along with him. This wasn't the sort of dancing that she was use to, however she had decided she liked it as she slid in just a little closer, her thumb playing with the collar of his suit gently.

He looked to her and smiled "Thank you." He blushed a little when she stepped closer to him "I...like to hunt in both forms really" he nodded. "Usually with a spear." He smiled at her. When she started to play with his collar, he took that as a sign to go further. His hand on her hip went around a little further, gripping onto her rear, and then siddling to her tail, stroking it from base to tip.

"So Princess..." He leaned in a little further, pressing his forehead to hers. "What would you like me to call you?" He smiled, and leaned his chin forward, then pulled her into a deep kiss. Zanne pulled back after a moment. "Aly?" He kissed once more. "My Queen?" He kissed her again. "Kitty?" Another kiss. As he did this, his hand rested just above her tail, rubbing at the little hole where her tail came out, even though it was covered by fabric.

"Spears are good, and pretty versatile." Aly blushed as his fingers found her tail, and she tried not to moan when his fingers stroked it. She leaned into him a little as he kissed her each time, purring softly by the fourth kiss. "Aly, please? Kitty would be okay too." She laughed softly at the second part.

"Is there anything you'd like me to call you?" She asked curiously, swiping her own kiss this time. At that point she was squirming just a little bit, the fingers rubbing at the sensitive area right at the base of her tail really getting to her. "I-... Umm..." She bit her lip, unsure of what she ask. While she didn't really want him to stop, she wasn't sure how much more they needed to be present for. "That's driving me nuts..." She whispered, deciding to leave it to as to what he wanted to do about it.

He smirked at her and nodded. "Aly it is" He smiled and leaned in, kissing her cheek. "And Kitty in private hmm?" He smirked and then gently nibbled at her ear lobe. "Zanne is fine." He chuckled. "Or any canine name you can think of, I'm not picky" He smiled. When she mentioned that it was driving her nuts, he nodded to her.

The Prince stopped his teasing, not wanting to drive his new wife mad on the dance floor. Instead, he grabbed onto her hand, kissed her lips once more and headed off to the side. It was their wedding, there was no way they would sneak out without being seen, so Zanne didn't even try. They passed the King and Queen, and Zanne looked to them. "We are going to retire for the night." He nodded to them, the two looked to one another, then went back to the party.

As soon as they disappeared from the festivities, Zanned pulled Aly into his body, pressing hard against her. His hand went back to her tail and began to stroke it once more. His lips pressed hard against hers, and he did his best to lead her safely to their chambers. He really enjoyed that she liked his attention, or at least didn't object.

Back
Top Bottom