Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Through My Eyes (Nerdofsteel x Applepoisoneer)

He did not mind telling his story even though he knew other veterans would feel uncomfortable seeing describing what they been through. It was like that with him at first, but eventually, he got used to it to the point where it didn't bother him."Well, it happened five years ago when I was stationed in the middle east." he said as he looked down and smiled at his German Shepard who was wagging its tail to him."I was in a Humvee with my fellow soldiers to get to our next destination to secure some city. All of sudden, a rocket hit our vehicle and I had glass shards from the window hitting both of my eyes. I lost two of my friends that day." He heard the bus stopping and the drive yelling "Sun Lotus Restaraunt". Ethan got up from his seat, his dog getting up from the floor. "But enough of that. That was in the past and I've moved one."

Tannis listened carefully, cautiously, and rose to follow him when the stop was called. "I can't imagine how painful all of that must have been. She reached up and touched her own eye, slipping her fingers below the dark shades. "And you're doing fantastically for someone who's only been blind five years. Most people who lose their sight later in life really struggle for a long time." She passed into the resteraunt and waited for someone to seat them. "I hope that doesn't sound condescending. My uncle has been blind since he was a kid, and so I see quite a few others through him and events that he invites me to. That's just what I've noticed."

He shrugged his shoulders as he got off the bus with his dog. "As I said, it does not bother me now. It did once, but I got used to it. Plus, I have my friend here to help me out." he said as he petted the german shepherd whose tail began to wag happily. Ethan waited near the bus stop as he waited for Tannis to get out of the bus. As they had arrived at their destination, he turned his head to look at the Japanese resaraunt. It had reminded him of one of the Japanese Buddhist temples back when he was in Japan. Though it looks much bigger than the temples he had visited.

Back
Top Bottom