Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Eclipse Day!!!!

Charlotte Honeycutt

Sailing the open sea
Today's the big day here in the United States!!

In just about three and a half hours, the moon will move in front of the sun and cast a small shadow onto earth, making a shadow in the period of about an hour and a half as it works its way from the state of Washington all the way to southern South Carolina, cutting a diagonal path across the US.

If you're in the path of totality, be sure you have your sun protection if you plan on watching the eclipse. Be safe!!

If anyone gets any cool pics from where they live of the eclipse, feel free to share them here on the thread!

I'll be linking the NASA site, where there's more technical information about weather and other stuff. Enjoy you guys! HAPP MONDAY AND ECLIPSE DAY

NASAAAAAAA

Ah, those who were able to witness the eclipse personally are so lucky. On my end of the globe, it was midnight. We had to rely on live streaming which was cool too, but I bet it isn't remotely close to the real thing.

How was it like?

I'm in Canadaaaaaaaaaaaa, we saw a little bit of it. We tried really hard to be part of the fun, I think we got to see like 70% of it - there was a lil bit of a dimming but nothing as drastic as totality. STILL COOL THO.

Wow... so cool!!!

xanaphia said:
But have you ever seen an Eclipse...high?

*High in the air, not on weed you silly stoners.
Okay Xana, that was pretty freaking cool. Alaskan airlines is neat and they've done stuff like that in the past... that's pretty freaking awesome

Rudolph Quin said:
I got to be in Rexburg, ID during it. Totality was everything they said it would be and more. It was so weird as things got progressively darker, it reminded me of footage from a home video camera from the 70's, with that dimmed tone and almost sepia color to everything. And as it reached totality, everything got dark like at dusk. The Western skyline looked like sunset and up above, a bright white ring filled with a blackness like I've never seen before, the edges bleeding out like paint on water. As totality hit, our crowd was gasping and exclaiming but you could hear distant screams and cheers for almost the entirety of the 2 minutes it stayed. Very bizarre, exciting and fun.

I was watching it chase across the country on the tv and wished i had driven to South Carolina to watch it in totality. I watched it pass through Jackson Hole, Wyoming and watching the Grand Tetons go dark was absolutely incredible. i can't imagine what it was like. It had to have been just incredible. I'm jealous that you got to witness it in the way that you did. Maybe I'll make the trek to view it in totality in 2024.

Back
Top Bottom