Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcome to New,New Home. (Undertale) Vail/Spud

Vail

Star
This was the first time Frisk has been back to 'New, New Home' since they started building it. So much has changed, it was one thing to see it in the news. But in person, Frisk swelled with pride. It was amazing to say the lease. One thing she was looking forward to was having her own place, maybe even think about going to college. Toriel had been teaching her while they traveled, and she loved her mom. But it was going to be wonderful to have a chance at a somewhat normal life. But first, a welcome party.

They pull up to Asgore's home. Toriel and Frisk step from the car and walk in. There were so many faces she hasn’t seen in so long. It was almost overwhelming. But filled her with joy. She was so happy to be home. But there was one face she was so nerves about seeing. The last time she saw Sans she a child, now she is blooming woman. Her stomach turned at the thought of him still seeing her as a child. When she was younger she remember having the smallest crush on him. Frisk had almost forgotten those filling till now.

When they rolled up everyone at the party heard it first from papyrus. "SHES HERE!!! SHES REALLY REALLY HERE!!!" He screamed rather loudly, it was audible from outside of the house. When they entered she practically got tackled by Papyrus and Undyne. "Frisk!!!! Its been so long!! How have you been!?" papyrus shouted and hopped joyfully hugging her tight.
"Ya twerp! How are you! heard a lot from Toriel, you've been all over the place huh!?"
Alphys was right behind undyne laughing a bit "yeah. It looked really cool" everyone looked so different! papyrus was wearing a button up shirt and tie, undynes hair was a lot shorter and yellow. her clothes looked more punk then Frisk remembered. Asgore was in the back already having the snack they put out for them. He was wearing a turtle neck sweater and jeans. When frisk saw him he waved a little and smiled. Alphys was wearing some legend of zelda shirt, with a skirt on.

Then she noticed him, sans. he was in the back with asgore, he didn't change one bit.. still wearing the same style of clothes and looked as rugged as he did when she was a kid. His huge smile overtaking most of his face, he waved his right hand once and winked.

Frisk laughed as Papyrus almost knocked her off her feet. She was so over joyed on how many people came out to great her. She couldn’t help from cry tears of joy by how much her dear friends still cared still about her even after being gone for so long. " Papyrus! You look so handsome! Undyne! Alphys! You have no idea how happy I am to see you all!" Frisk took the time to hug and admire each of her friends.

"Trashbag is here…" Frisk perked at the words that was whispered in her ear by Chara. She had not told anyone that Chara still linked to her. Looking over she saw him, all those old child like emotions rushed back to her. It was almost unfair how little he changed. She wanted to run to him and hug her dearest friend, but first " Father, I have misses you" She hugged her giant Goat dad. Catching up with him before walking to Sans " Hey, you look, just how I remember." Chara rolled her eyes " Really?!"

Papyrus started blushing "Me!? Handsome! Why thank you frisk! you look absolutely beautiful!!" he smiled wide and let go of her, letting her see everyone else. Asgore chuckled and smiled at the hug "Nice to see you frisk" He went back to eating some cookies and drinking water.

Sans raised an eyebrow as she walked up to him, "Heyo, kiddo.." She said how he didn't change and he laughed a little, looking down at his clothes and shrugging. "well... you only gave me seven years.. how much can one skeleton change in seven years.. ya gotta give me at least a little time to try. heh heh" looking away and shrugging he thought it was pretty funny. He put his hands in his pockets and blinked slowly. "so.. how was your trip?.. i collected a couple more jokes throughout the years.. i gotta admit. tori's been sending plenty of pics, papyrus just loves them..... printed off every single one and put it on our fridge. heh. Our fridge is more frisk than you are.."

Frisk shrugged a little, idly rubbing her arm. "Kiddo huh?" In away that broke her heart, he still saw her as a kid. But monsters were different than humans, surly she would be a kid in his eye for a long time. "Well first of all, I'm sure you're still to lazy to try even if you had the time." She chuckled " The trip was great, for the most part monsters are pretty much free to go about anywhere in the world that they want. Granted there are a few places unwilling to adapt. But I can only do so much." Taking in a deep breath realizing that she was talking faster than she wanted. " So yeah, it was good. Just wish I had the free time to learn some jokes my self, heard one about a broken pencil, but it pointless."

Chara internally cringed. " I'm not sure whats worse, that joke or that creepy fridge shrine. HA!" Frisk laughed a little louder than what should have been normal, trying to block Chara banter. "SO! How have you been? Made any human friends? Maybe...a girlfriend?" Chara rubbed her face and whined " Oh. My. God! Frisk could you be more pathetic?!" Frisk coughed to mask up her telling Chara " Shut up..."

she told her joke to him and he smiled a bit more, pointing at her and winking. "good one kiddo.. don't really see ya as a kid though.. Just a nickname i gave ya back in the underground... i think it stuck. maybe a little too well" he noticed everything, her talking a bit too quickly, her weird nervous laughter. he chalked it up to her being overly tired and excited to see everyone. She just was on a long plane trip after all.. enough to make anyone act weird. "me? girlfriend? heh heh heh.. who would wanna date a lazy skeleton?" he shrugged in a joking way. "nah.. ain't got time to chase girls.. i got papyrus to keep me in line. and to keep me busy heh" he leaned over the table grabbing a small cookie and eating it "hows about you? y'got a special guy friend~?" He was teasing a bit and nudged her softly in a caring friendly kind of way. "why don't cha try a cookie?.... i made them specially for you.. and uh.. about bad jokes. i got one. what do you call a belt made out of watches?"

Frisk's heart fluttered as Sans smile widen by her dumb joke. Blushing some she rubbed the back of her head. " Yeah, but I don't mind. I kind of missed it." Chara made a gagging sound. Frisk ignored it, only giving a small chuckle at his remark about him being to lazy for a girl. When he asked about if Frisk had any one she just shook her head. From behind the Asgore stated to cough on a bit of his cookie, obviously over hearing them. She looked over her shoulder to him just to watch him rush off. "Um, no can't say I have. Been to busy for things like that." She said turning back to him. " But who knows, maybe now I can thinking about it." Shrugging she picks up the cookie and smirks. " And I was thinking that you making these was the bad joke. Sure, I'll bite, what?" Frisk said taking a bit of the cookie, it wasn't bad. But she wasn't convinced he made them.

Sans smirks and gets ready to answer the joke "A waste of time.. heh.." he shook his head at the joke chuckling a little more. He watched Asgore walk off quickly before he coughed up about half a cookie, sans looked at him confused. 'man.. everyone's acting weird today aren't they' He though to himself before grabbing another cookie and smirking. "really.. you don't believe i made these? hows about this for proof.." he turned the cookie around, showing the underside of it. It says "Property of Sans. But I don't mind you eating them" then a very poorly drawn picture of his face giving a wink. It was made out of differently colored frosting than the normal cookie. If she looked at any of the cookies, they all said that on them. "heh heh.. tori gives me tips on how to bake" he winked again and took a big bite from his cookie.

" That was terrible Sans" She laughed shaking her head " That was terrible Saaaaans. Hehehehe" Chara mocked, causing Frisk to blush some. Looking at the cookie he showed he then turning hers over to see the same thing, the part it from where she took a bite. "Oh, I thought you said you were lazy, seems like this would have taken a lot of time to do." Just then Toriel walked up to them. " And it seems my tips have been paying off." She said with a smile "Firsk, come now. I know you want to catch up with your old friend. But there others waiting too." Frisk didn't even realize just how rude she had been. " I'm sorry." She looked to Sans " It was good seeing you. Umm, I sure we can talk later if you want." She wish she could talk to him a bit longer. But she was home to stay, so there would be plenty of time to do that. Plus she did miss Papyrus a great deal, almost as much as Sans.

he laughed along side her while she laughed at his joke. "would you really expect any different?" making the comment on his cookies he looked over at the bowl and smirked "yeah well... y'know... when super special occasions happen, i guess i can pull through and be a little less lazy" winking and chuckling a little. "oh hey tori.. you're tips have helped tremendously. thanks for that.. yeah no need for me to hog ya all day. go and talk to everyone else for a bit.. of course we can talk later. any time frisko.. there, that better than kiddo?" he raised an eyebrow smiling wider "guess your not a kid.. but you'll always be a frisk"

She got dragged over to papyrus and he hugged her, practically picking her off her feet and swinging her around. "FRISK!! We missed you oh so much!! How was your trip!? Did you do anything fun!? did you have any adventures!? did yo--" Just then Undyne jumped in and hugged both Frisk and Papyrus picking them both up. "YEAH! What paps is saying!! What was it like!? What did you do!!??" Alphys couldn't help but just laugh in the corner and wait for her turn to talk to frisk.

Frisk was trying not read to much into his winking at her. But she still couldn't help but feel flustered but it. " Be carful, you might start enjoy being more active." She returned his wink before listening to him and Toriel chat for a moment. He nose wrinkled at his attempt for a new nickname. Shaking her head " Kiddo is fine. You calling me anything other than that would be weird. See you around!" She gave a small wave, turning around just in time to have Papyrus scoop her up in a hug.

Before she had a chance to say anything they both were lifted off the ground by Undyne small squeak left her lungs. This was not what she expected, if she could breath she would laugh. Using what air she had she whined out. " Please, you're going to break the human!" Even Toriel couldn't help but laugh at the sight. " Yes, please Undyne, would you please put my child down. I'm sure it will be easier for her to talk." Frisk nodded, agreeing with her mother.

Undyne let out a hearty laugh and put them both down. Papyrus looked rather relieved as well to be put down before his spine snapped in two. "Sorry about that! Got a little carried away!! Fhuhuhuhuhu!!" She put her hands on her hips and laughed. "Th-thank you toriel. I didn't want to suffer a broken spine!" He smiled and took frisks hand looking her in the eyes. "Tell us everything! please!! It must have been so much fun!!"

Sans walked over to asgore, leaning up against the table next to him. "so, ya like the cookies huh?.. y'know you're supposed to swallow before you breath. heh heh" making the comment on him coughing up the cookie a couple seconds ago. "just teasing big guy heh heh. but i can tell you did like em a lot.."

Frisk took in a deep breath, stumbling a bit as she gained her footing. Laughing at Papyrus. " I'm sure I would have broken before you. And its okay Undyne, just take it easy, I'm not as tough as you guys." With that she thought for a moment, on where to even begin on her travels. " Well, I think my favorite places were Ireland, it was pretty, with lots of green fields and old castles! Oh! And Japan was awesome! I brought back somethings for you Alphys! You would have loved it, everywhere had Anime!" She stopped to think again. " I don't even know what else to say. Seven years traveling, there is so much!" Frisk laughed, she wish she had more to say about it, but they would be there all week if she told them everything. " I'm boooored! Can we go!?!" Chara chimed in, Frisk almost forgot the was there. The good thing was Chara wasn't always around, but when she was she made sure she wasn't ignored.

Asgore watched Sans approach him. Tilting his head a little confused by his comment then remembering when Sans ask Frisk about boys. "Oh! Ahem! Yes, guess I got a little carried away. They are very good, thank you for bringing them." He gave Sans a small smile. Standing there silent for a moment before clearing his throat. " Do...Do you think Frisk is to young for, uh, boys?" He whispered to Sans.

"Old castles!? Lush green environments!? Anime!!! Sounds like you've done quite the traveling frisk!!" Papyrus smiled wide and was about to start talking, but he could see the exhaustion on her face.. She clearly was tired. That was ok though! She did travel all across the world! never a moment to sit down and call home.
Undyne didn't pick this up though. "Awwww 7 years and all you can tell us is about Ireland!? What about Hawaii! Or Deeep in the jungle.... you! A machete! Battling natives and evil spirits!! That's an adventure!!" Smiling wide and giving a huge toothy grin Papyrus chimed in, whispering something to Undyne. "Oh! that makes sense.. Sorry, you must be super tired from your plain trip and all!" undyne scratched the back of her neck and looked a bit embarrassed.
"Frisk! I've made up a room for you!! well... Asgore did! But I added the finishing touches!! If you need to close your eyes and rest! Please don't hesitate to say so! We have the rest of our lives to talk to you!!" Papyrus chuckled a little and smiled.
"Ya! Then Tomorow or afterwards you can give us our presents from you traveling!" Undyne smiled wide and put her hand on her hip.

Sans could be heard holding back laughter as he quickly wiped his mouth of the crumbs. "Too young?..... uh..... heh heh, shes an adult. if anything she should be dating at this point in her life.. but frisks a good girl, she won't do anything bad or stupid.. i trust her.. and if she does.. well... y'gotta learn from your mistakes" Sans pats asgores back gently to sooth his worries.

Frisk nodded to Papyrus " Yes it really was. " She looked to Undyne and shrugged. " Well, honestly it was more of a diplomatic travels. I guess it was an adventure in it own way. Though I found myself in press meetings, interviews, dinners, and I only ever had a short time to see the sights. But I was given a lot of gifts. So maybe we can all take a look at them on day and I can give you guys better stories of the places I went." She was happy with her idea. Yawning she shook her head. " No, no! I missed you guys! There will be plenty of time for me to rest up later." Toriel frowned a little placing a paw on her shoulder. "My child, and there will be plenty of time to talk with your friend. Please don't push yourself." Frisk looked up to her mother and sighed. " Just one more hour, then I promise I will rest." Toriel smiled and nodded. "Okay, one more hour." Happy with that she turned back to her friends. "So, tell me about New,New Home. Do humans come here often? Have any of you made any other human friends?" She glance over to Sans hearing him laugh, giving him a small smile before turning back.

Asgore watched Frisk from across the room as she smiled to Sans. " You are right my friend. Perhaps we should find her a place, closer with humans. Or.." He stroked his beard in thought " Maybe because technically, she is part of the royal family. Her mother and I should choose. " He sighed " I know that's old world thinking, and not how things work now." He laughed at himself.

Papyrus nods very quickly "Made tons of friends online!! They all adore me!" he looked rather proud "and we get humans every now and again! they come here on holiday! its like an entirely new culture to them! I think its cool! Plenty of shops and plenty to do here!"
Undyne smiled when Papyrus talked and nodded "Yeah. We all have our own jobs too. Small or large things that we do around town.. its cool."

"yeah... just uh.. just let her find her boyfriend heh heh, we don't even really follow the whole king thing anymore.. just a bit of a tourist attraction. When she's ready she'll find a nice human boy.. or who knows, maybe shes into fur" sans winked and laughed. "plenty of people online are into more....... furry...... creatures.. heh heh, just take my word for it though.. y'don't wanna look it up" Sans took another bite and finished his cookie, smiling up at asgore. "no need to be nervous 'bout all that stuff.." sans pats asgores shoulder and walks up to Toriel "heya tori.. how was the huge trup? and.. more importantly, how bad was the plane food heh heh.."

" But of course they would Papyrus! You are the greatest!" Smiling, lightly nudging him with her shoulder. "Just remember who your bests human friend is." But wait, what about the royal guard? I mean we still have that don't we?" Chara puffed her cheeks and sighed. "Whats the point? we already had the police? So the royal guard might have just went away. I mean you didn't have on your travels...." Frisk shrugged to Chara's comment. She just thought that it was Papyrus dream, it would have broke her hear to find out that he never got the chance. But then again dreams change, maybe now that he had options, he found a something else to make him happy. All of them. She already knew that Toriel was going after hers and being a teacher.

Asgore thought for a moment, and nodded. " Yes, that would be nice. A human monster bond. MK, he is about Frisks age... he seems like a good kid." He said this mostly to himself before smiling down to Sans. "Ah yes, I'm going to finish bringing Frisks stuff to her room. Take care, Sans." With that the Monster king walked out of the room. Hearing Sans walk up to the group she smiled to him. Staring at him for a moment, she was happy that he didn't change, but this silly crush she had for him. Well deep down she knew it wouldn't work. He was much other than her.

Toriel sighed. " Goodness, I'm just so glad to be home. Finally Frisk and I can start enjoying what we worked so hard earn. Maybe now she can, do what girls her do. Go to the mall, the beach, make new friends. Poor child had to grow up so fast." She smiled as she looked at Frisk. She seemed to be glowing, something she hasn't see in a long while. " I'm also happy to get a chance to cook in my own kitchen. Its been too long since we had a good home cooked meal. Maybe one night your brother and you can join us. I know how much Frisk looks up to you. She talked and asked about you a lot."

"I'll never forget my best friends! You, Undyne, Alphsy! Everyone in this room is my best friend!!" he smiled and looked around very happily. "unfortunately no.. we do not have a royal guard anymore. I needed to resign! Now Asgore needs to tend to his garden by himself! But.. I still help out when I can! I Have my own garden! and I sell flowers! I found an interesting calling. Not something I thought I would have enjoyed! But I love it!!"
Undyne laughs "Ya! But you still join me in the boxing ring!!" She full out punched him in the arm, making him rattle a little bit. "y-yup! I still enjoy fighting! But its more for fun though!" he smiled and punched undyne as hard as he could in the arm back. She grabbed her arm where he punched her and laughed, rubbing the bruise.

"well.. i think we can all say. we're glad you two are home too.. it just wasn't the same without you two.. not enough pies... and there where too many strong handsome guys like me and papyrus heh heh, not enough cute ladies" Sans winked in a very joking kind of way.

Frisk gave a hard laugh as she watched Papyrus and Undyne banter. " Selling flowers? That really sounds nice Papyrus." She looked to Alphys who seemed so quite " Alphys, what about you? Still in science? Or did you find something else that makes you happy?" Chara was busy listening to Sans and Toriel. " I think Sans is hitting on our mom." With that Frisk whipped her head around to see her mother blushing and giggling. " Oh Sans. There are plenty cute ladies, if anything, we need more handsome guys like you." She said returning a playful wink.

"You know they are cute together. Not sure I would about having that trash bag and step dad. But then again...I'm not the one who has to live with it." Chara chuckled. Frisk felt the blood drain from her face. Why did what this hurt her so badly? If Alphys, Undyne or Papyrus said anything to her she didn't hear it. She zoned out watching her mother and Sans. " Awww, poor Frisk."

Alphys smiled. "n-nah. got out of science.. I kind of realized that I hated science.. But now i'm an engineer! I love building things, and there is no pressure in it" she smiled and giggled a little. Watching frisk quickly turn her head.

"well.. not sure if anyone needs more of me. Heh heh heh, But with the both of you guys.. we have plenty of cuties here now" Seeing frisk look over at him he winked at her too. He was just being playful, even if he did have a bit of a crush on Toriel. they always flirted back and forth over text for fun.. Just something that they did, Sans really enjoyed it. He chuckled and kept looking at Frisk "y'alright frisk? you look like you've seen a ghost.. and we didn't even invite napstablook, oh. that reminds me. old nappy got a good job as a dj in a club owned by mettaton.. we should go sometime and have some fun." he smiled and looked as relaxed as always. "tori, later we should go and get some coffee.. catch up and.. y'know. just hang out" he smiled a bit, a little flustered at what he was proposing. Not sure how she would take that.

Papyrus babbled on and then him and undyne started wrestling each other. Not paying attention she kind of lost out on what was happening.

"You know he feel sorry for you?" Chara chimed in, smirking. Finally she was getting to her. Frisk swallowed hard looking at Sans. " You know, we have that nice bottle of vodka upstairs. You seem like you need it, fuck these guys." Shaking her head Frisk stumbled, laughing as she rubbed her face. " Maybe I should go…" She looked at her friends, then back to Sans. " Sorry…I umm need to rest more than what I thought. Thank you for coming out. Uhh, Good night!" With that she ran off, seeming a little freaked out by something. Toriel watched as she ran off, confused by what happened. Looking to Sans she shrugged. " I'm sorry, she has been acting strange lately. This is why I felt we should have came home. Poor child, she has taken so much reasonability on our half." She frowned with a sigh. Toriel wished that she could have let the child be a kid. But from such a young age she worked so hard to help monsters gain proper rights like humans and she had done such a good job.

Frisk slammed her door, gasping for air. " He will never see you as more than a kid. You heard him." Chara giggled pointing to the bag that held the bottle of alcohol. Frisk paced about the room mumbling to herself. " C'mon! You are freaking out! Chill, I mean it. I'm worried, you need a drink. " Chara watched as Frisk stopped looking to her for the first time tonight. "Why cant you leave me alone?!" Chara smiled. " Because you need me…" Frisk sighed walking over to the bag taking the bottle. She had never given in to Chara, but she was so upset by what she saw. Opening the bottle she took a hard swallow from it. Coughing. " It get easier, trust me. Take another." Frisk does.

Sans watched her run upstairs and he looked a bit confused and worried.... maybe.. he went over the line with that joke. Maybe it was too much for her, he never made flirty jokes with her before.. and its possible that she got really disgusted by how he was acting towards her. She might see him as like an older brother! 'ah god... now i gotta go say something..' sans thought to himself scratching his neck looking down. Toriel started talking about how she was acting strange and he looked up at her "y'don't say... jeeze i mean.. heh.. she did such a great job. y'know. she really does deserve a break from everything.. how's about i take her out and help her relax? just hang out with friends.. i'm sure when papyrus is off work he would love to join in." sans smiled up at toriel and then looked back at the door upstairs.

Everyone watched her sprint away and it was kind of awkward. They threw this party for her and then she kind of ran off in a hurry.. even after she said she didn't want to go to sleep. Something was obviously off. Undyne looked around and laughed nervously "Welp.. I should probably head home. Its late, frisk and I will hang out soon! tell her I said that Asgore" Undyne smiled and nodded, Alphys looked a little worried. "yeah. We can have fun soon." They both left and walked through the door. Papyrus blinked a couple of times and coughed into his fist. "Maybe. we. should go home soon sans? or..." Sans looked over at papyrus "uh.. you work tomorow right paps?" Papyrus nodded and looked at the door, thinking this was a bit weird. "i'll just catch up with tori and.... i'll be home soon paps.. don't worry 'bout me" Papyrus nodded "I never do!!" He ran out of the house.

"So...... uh... i'll help put away my cookies.. then uh.. i'll go talk to frisk.. just wanna say that me and paps left and we'll see her soon" He was going to say more, but he didn't want to bother Toriel with it.

"I'm sorry. Frisk has been under a lot of stress, she has been handling so well." Toriel gave a sad laugh, Nodding to Sans. "I think, that would be nice. Like I said. She looks up to you both. And I know she missed you-" Asgore walked into the room looking to everyone. " Thought I heard Frisk go to her room, it everything okay?" Toriel huffed and glared at him before taking a plate and storming out of the room. Asgore looked around again and shrugged. "Did I do something wrong?"

Meanwhile up stairs, Frisk was sitting at her open window. "There, feel better?" Chara sat next to her. the cool spring night air blowing in. Frisk nodded taking another sip from the bottle. Chara was right, right now it tasted like nothing, and she felt numb. "Don't worry about that comic, you know deep down he wont be what you want." Frisk sighed" Yeah, I know. I just wish he saw me as....I don't know. I just missed him so much. I didn't know that him and mom..." Frisk frowned and leaned her head against the window, kicking her led out so they hung out. " You're too good for him?" Frisk closed her eyes. " Maybe he is too good for me..." Chara rolled her eyes, the smirked. "You know he is coming?" Frisked laugh. " Shut up Chara, you're killing my buzz..." At this point she was drunk, but never drinking before she didn't know. Frisk took another swig from the bottle. Chara chuckled.

Sans sighed, Toriel was still super upset with asgore. He laughed a little bit and walked upstairs slowly, looking around and finding her room. He walked up to the door and knocked, "heya.. frisk? its me. I'm coming in.." he waited a moment Before opening the door. Just to give her a second of privacy, he wouldn't imagine she would be doing anything. Slowly walking into her room and leaving the door open as he did "y'ok?.. you seemed... tense back there." He closed the door behind him, it was very slow and then he walked in more. "i uh...." he wasn't sure what to say, and he wanted to wait for her to acknowledge him first before he apologized.. or at least see if she would talk to him.

Chara laughed as Sans opened the door. "Oh dear, Frisk. You know he wont be happy about this..." Frisk sighed, swinging her feet out the window. She held the bottle up to Sans. " Wanna drink? I wont tell if you don't." She giggled turning her head to him. She knew Chara was right. "You know how much a human can change in 7 years? A lot.." She sighed kicking one leg over so she straddled the window ledge, taking a small sip from the bottle before setting it down, looking up at the night sky. " All those stars. Since leaving the underground, I never looked at them the same." Her words slurred, leaning her head back. "Smooth Frisk, real smooth." Chara said as she sat next to her. " Shut...up...please..." Frisk said, forgetting that Sans was there.

Back
Top Bottom