Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Spirit of the Grid (FxM Romance/Story RP)

AswanFox

Star
Alright. So this one's kind of ambitious.

So for a number of years now, I've been a major fan of classical cyberpunk. My absolute favorite examples of the genre are the short stories contained in William Gibson's Burning Chrome anthology, which I highly recommend. Gritty, neon-drenched sci-fi straight from the future shown to us in Blade Runner.
I am also a major fan of '80s-style synth, and one of my favorite modern examples is a little piece called Spirit of the Night.

So, I have an MP3 player, and I listen to it when I'm out walking. While I do this, I like to come up with little music videos based roughly on whatever I'm listening to. One of my favorites I've come up with is one set to the aforementioned song, involving a pair of hackers in a Blade Runner-inspired setting, each controlling their own wire-frame avatar that whirls and dances through the city. Their avatars encounter one-another, and a chase begins, culminating in the two avatars returning to the apartments of their respective controllers, which turn out to be right across the hall from one-another. Realizing this, the two hackers to sit up, strip off their headsets and run to open their doors, seeing one-another and making eye contact.

I would really, really like to do an RP at least loosely based around this idea. Especially after reading the novel Ready Player One - another bit of material I highly recommend - I was inspired to revisit and remake this idea as an RP.
The story would take place from the moment the two hackers make eye contact across the dingy hallway of their aging metabolist apartment block. They've just been out painting the city's augmented reality grid phosphor green with their avatars, and are now finding themselves face-to-pale-shut-in-face with the real person they've spent the evening getting to know by proxy.
So what happens now? Can a brief relationship kindled in cyberspace carry on in the real world? And what else does the virtual world hold in store for them?
Thinking something a bit like the relationship between Asuna and Kirito in Sword Art Online Abridged. Two walking piles of character defects and disorders who come to find that despite everything, they absolutely adore each-other.

Probably not so much sex in this one, although there's bound to be some. Ideally, I'm looking for someone who is very literate to try this with, and I would like to do this exclusively over PMs, or potentially Skype. I would be playing a male character, opposite your female one.
Hope I can find an interested party! Please PM me if so.

Back
Top Bottom