Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Metro 2044: NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

frightorflight

Supernova
il_570xN.283215064.jpg

20 years ago I don't think any one really thought it would happen, but I guess the writing was on the walls. We desperate people wanted so badly to go about our daily lives in the same dull manner as we always had that we willed ourselves into ignorance even as the National Guard appeared on the streets, all the work being done on the underground, the signs were there. When it did finally happen those already down in the subways were the lucky ones, not many people got to flee down in there before the hermetic gates were closed shut, and death came to the city above. That was 20 long years ago. Ever since, mankind, or all that we know is left of it, has lived down here in the dark. The surface is no longer or home. It is poison to us, the radiation is so heavy and the contamination so thick that you would be dead in an hour without a mask, assuming you were not eaten first by the mutated monstrosities that now inhabit the city. Down underground is the only place where we can live in a constant struggle for survival against the rats, mutants, and most dangerous of all human of the Metro.

So I'm basing this off the Metro games, which I have not placed but am familiar with, and mainly the Metro 2033 novel. This is going to be a post apocalyptic RP set in the underground of New York City, mainly it's subways (metros) I'm looking for three or four people for this one, this is going to be a pretty dark and gritty RP so be warned. This is an RP where some messed up stuff might happen and you're character can be killed, you'll get a new one if that does happen but make a wrong move and you could be tied up and executed. That being said you will have a fair chance and I want this to be a fun and interesting RP set in the dark and twisted Metro world that you will work your way through, stating as someone who has never even left their station, or the safety of a caravan and it's guards and evolving their character into a hardened hero, villain, or uninterested party of the metro. So, here is a little more information just for people not familiar with the Metro franchise and a note on character creation at the bottom.

Once I get enough interest the Character Thread and RP Thread will be linked here.

the World

The New York Metropolitan Subway System is the largest in the world. Not only is it extensive but it also has multiple abandoned and unused branches. These hundreds of miles of stations and tunnels will be the main setting of the RP along with the other elements of the NYC undergrounds.

The city above, although still there is not a place you want to go. It is in inhabited now not by humans but extreme dangerous mutant creatures, it is also highly radioactive and you need protective equipment to spend any time up there. Only a few brave, or perhaps foolish souls, called Rangers, dare to go up there to scavenge the old world to keep the new one going.

The weapons of the Metro are the left overs of the old world and the copies of the knew. The most common weapons encountered are MP5 SMGs, M4 Carbine's, Glocks, and other weapons used by the NYPD and New York National Guard before the end, but anything may be found. Home made weapons for the common calibers are common but usually lower quality, with exceptions, and some are devastating like the flame throwers and grenade launchers which are uncommon, but devastating when employed by the small armies of the underground. Simple weapons like knifes and axes are easily available.

Factions of the Metro

The metro is not united and it never has been, it is a constantly changing system of small empires and alliances that shift like the wind. Stories range of satanists trying to dig down to hell, ultra-nationalists who insist on "an American Metro for True Americans" and seek to purge their stations of foreigners. Communists, anarchists, dictators, democrats, cannibals, and all manners of other peoples call the Metros home.

Rangers are those rare few people who go up to the city to scavenge for weapons, fuel, salvage, or firewood and actually come back. These are some of the most highly valued individuals in the metro and are not only brave, lucky, and skilled, but also just a bit crazy to go up there more than once, or at all.

A Note on Character Creation
When you create a character any genders is allowed. Male, female, trans, herm, etc. Though some like herm will be regarded as mutant. All races colors and creeds are allowed as well. Just know that not all are considered equal in every part of the Metro. If you want to be a mutant that is fine but nothing outrageous like super strength. Small things like enhanced here and enhanced flexibility are fine but nothing super power level. The most powerful thing I will allow for this is perhaps gasmask-ish lungs that will let you breath in contaminated zones temporarily. Bad mutations or cosmetic mutations are always allowed. But no furries (sorry) also the people of the New York Metro are very weary of mutants so anything to obvious probably wont be accepted. Otherwise just remember that your starter character won't be powerful strong or experienced but will get there. If you ever have to make a new character you can keep whatever strides your old one made. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom