Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

So, let's hear it for the worst thing to possibly ever happen in an RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SithLordOfSnark said:
Rauk said:
I've had loads of people disappear on me in the past, but honestly it hasn't bothered me too much. All roleplays end eventually, whether the partners want them to or not, and while it may be frustrating to lose one that you spend a lot of time planning, it's a risk we all know we're taking. The bright side, is you can take the part you worked on, and repackage it into something else for future plays. At least that's how I try to look at it.

I agree with this - I've actually stopped worrying so much when people disappear, because I know it happens.

Is it possible to learn this power? ;P

Icelandic said:
SithLordOfSnark said:
Rauk said:
I've had loads of people disappear on me in the past, but honestly it hasn't bothered me too much. All roleplays end eventually, whether the partners want them to or not, and while it may be frustrating to lose one that you spend a lot of time planning, it's a risk we all know we're taking. The bright side, is you can take the part you worked on, and repackage it into something else for future plays. At least that's how I try to look at it.

I agree with this - I've actually stopped worrying so much when people disappear, because I know it happens.

Honestly, it took me a long time - I just stopped caring so much because then I don't get disappointed when people vanish.

SithLordOfSnark said:
Icelandic said:
SithLordOfSnark said:

Honestly, it took me a long time - I just stopped caring so much because then I don't get disappointed when people vanish.

Dang it. I was hoping you would spot my Star Wars reference. :p

But yea, I can imagine that is sorta just a tolerance that you build up. Unfortunately for me I have picky tastes in RPing apparently. :'c

Icelandic said:
SithLordOfSnark said:
Icelandic said:

Dang it. I was hoping you would spot my Star Wars reference. :p

But yea, I can imagine that is sorta just a tolerance that you build up. Unfortunately for me I have picky tastes in RPing apparently. :'c

*Palpatine voice*
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis "the wise"?
I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the rps he cared about from dying.

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save his rps from death, but not himself.

Of course, the for the Jedi, attachment (to rps) is forbidden.

Some of my pet peeves with roleplaying is someone asking for a Roleplay and we set it up and never hear from them. Or how I have to remind them to respond before eventually giving up. Another is expecting a reply and seeing them online but never getting a response for ages. I can understand sometimes the roleplay can get dry or you simply lose your muse along with life coming first but it should be common courtesy to let them know things have come up. Though it's a bit hypocritical of me to say since I'm guilty of taking unannounced hiatus without notifying my partner.

I'm way too guilty of going on unexpected vacations from my roleplays to be upset with my partner doing that to me and after a decade of roleplaying it pretty much just feels like a fact of life to me. Sucks when it happens and I've lost some of my favourite roleplays to partners vanishing. Some I still miss, some I've tried to rehash. It's never been the same though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom