Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Wars: Symphony of Annihilation group ooc

That makes three of us present; surprising to have the first two other joiners have Y-wings for their fighter craft, but to be honest, I'm not bothered. Just makes for double the destruction involved with bombing runs involving them, but all the more to look out for one another, am I right? XD

I was thinking of picking up an A-Wing, give the group a little bit of a speed edge...

That would work out well. I could have my character fly cover for one Y-wing while yours flys cover for another, Kaybee. That would also mean that our characters could have a competitive streak on who shoots more down. Also, since You'll have an A-Wing, would you be okay with being the groups recon expert until more allies come up.

The question now is how should things start. I'm putting a vote for just before the attack that brings them together happens.

Possible flight pairings:
Wing pair 1:
Me- X-Wing - Flight Leader
Flagrans_femina- Y-wing

Wing Pair 2:
Kaybee- A-Wing - Second in command
Dark_Fire27- Y-wing

I'm fine with those team setups, as well as the scene taking place just prior to the attack.

Well, that's two out of three. This is touchy to mention this soon but I'd like to cover it now in ooc and tweak thing as we go. Since we're balanced on genders for now, I was thinking that Gabriel and Flora are paired up romanticly but are distrustful/rejecting of each other's existence at first, thus resulting in them having to build trust in one another before anything happens. Logan and Kara could be paired up as the former supports the latter through her loss of her family. Just my thought but we can play it by ear.

I certainly wouldn't mind that thought, Cypher, but Kaybee would have to be on board with that; I like planning things out just as much as I enjoy playing things by ear.

I'd be down for that I guess... Though really, playing things by ear is alright. I kinda like doing that.

https://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=85590

There's the rp thread. The Mirialan that Gabriel yelled at would be Flora. Hope that's okay, Kaybee.

Oh shit... I forgot about this thread. I kinda just been doing what felt right in the story.

Yes, I love the Ywing and I know that makes me peculiar. But nothing beats having an ion cannon handy. But yes, it is the minivan of the ships available, but having carted kids around for almost forever irl, I am a minivan expert. Bwing is pretty cool upgrade at some point maybe, but feels like cheating with its better shields and weapons compared to the old Ywing...

I am very OK with any *ahem* "couplings" as I am not necessarily traditional in that area either. Hint hint...rowwrrr.

You all seem like you have good action streaks which is fun. I find previous things like this bog down in people afraid to see things done and mix it up.

Can't wait for Flora to establish herself. I think she has so much potential to surprise us. And of course has the sexiest ride...

Looking forward to more fun. But I have no intention of being the damsel in distress. I will make you keep up with me. ;)

Well she kinda got picked up by a somewhat crazy hypercompetent not!Jedi so she hasn't really had much chance to establish her own competence point but... Well the flying is about to start, so it's time to see how well I can write out starship piloting sequences again.

I like the A-wing because I tend to favour fast and maneuverable in most situations. It's just more fun that way for me, even if it's more difficult than a slower and better armoured option.

Don't worry about me. Action based stuff is my bread and butter for the most part. It might be what I do best to be honest.

Regarding ship upgrades, we can change into different variations of the same ship when the time comes. If I don't change to a T-70 X-Wing, I'll change to a T-65AC4.

Truth be told, I'd consent to Flora and Kara switching between Gabriel and Logan and possibly each other at first until the couple dynamics are figured out. That way everyone gets to feel out how the characters interact with each other.

Gabriel isn't as competent as you're give him credit for, Kaybee. He'll have his moments of competence since he's self taught, but the next time he pulls his "Jedi" moment might[*] get him badly hurt, if not killed.

I figure swapping out parts and upgrading ships is definitely a thing. As for relationship dynamics? Flora will probably sample everyone -Kara included- at least once, and I can't really see her in my mind as the type to settle down, so she might just sleep with whoever she feels like unless one or more of them end up off limits for some reason or other.

Also I'm mostly just poking fun at the fact that Blocking blaster shots in that number is something that takes a lot of training to do by my understanding of Jedi, no matter how strong in the force you are. Even Luke had to practice to get the hang of just the basics, let alone heavy fire like that.

Iunno, Gabriel has just generally come off as somewhat SoD-stretchingly competent to me so far. I'm hoping that will change as I get a more complete picture of the character though, since I haven't seen all that much yet to be fair.

Truth be told, I never actually done any kind of vehicle-based action in RP until now. At least... not in the driver seat. Been a passenger, but that doesn't exactly count, as you're basically hanging on to go from point A to point B. This is more... Here's point A, our take off, while point B, our escape route, can only be achieved by taking out hostile C-~, while protecting shuttle S and allies T, U and V (the other players). Depending on the craft, the job can be made easier or harder with armor, weaponry and teamwork with one another. Regardless, that's just how I look at it.

As for shuffling between characters and their interactions with one another, it's fine with me. Might be for the best to let us sort of decide whom we start off with, and work our way from there in who we interact with next. I'm not terribly picky or anything, that's just my thought on the matter.

I can't see myself settling for any one just yet either. I think we will have lots of twenty something exploring to do. Who knows what lies ahead, though it is very exciting to have multiple strong female characters and I think orange spooning green would make a lovely colour contrast.

I am curious how we will work out. I am glad you all have ideas and opinions and want to have fun.

Just checking, but Kaybee, the one you referenced at the end of your post in the RP, was it directed to my character, or Femina's? I mean... that's really the only downside to having two of the same ship. But, Logan's is red in color, as opposed to standard yellow, so... yeah. That's really the only way to tell them apart, unless hers is red also, which in that case, back to square one. XD

Also I'm mostly just poking fun at the fact that Blocking blaster shots in that number is something that takes a lot of training to do by my understanding of Jedi, no matter how strong in the force you are. Even Luke had to practice to get the hang of just the basics, let alone heavy fire like that.

Gabriel has just generally come off as somewhat SoD-stretchingly competent to me so far. I'm hoping that will change as I get a more complete picture of the character though, since I haven't seen all that much yet to be fair.

He'd had practice blocking projectiles with sticks by other children pelting him with what seemed like walls of rocks since he was a toddler. It transitioned into his use of his lightsaber fairly easily for defensive combat he built it. He's also comes off as a "Kick ass now, take names later" type with a fault of being not caring for people's thoughts unless he knows them but will sacrifice his own ass if it means they live a bit longer.

He also has almost no conscious control over the force at the moment. The time drag and premonition was spur of the moment things that happened unexpectedly. Depending on how things go, he might start trying to harness his force abilities.

Dark_Fire27 said:
Just checking, but Kaybee, the one you referenced at the end of your post in the RP, was it directed to my character, or Femina's? I mean... that's really the only downside to having two of the same ship. But, Logan's is red in color, as opposed to standard yellow, so... yeah. That's really the only way to tell them apart, unless hers is red also, which in that case, back to square one. XD

Mine is gold. Cause I like goooold.

(Yes, I am that old.)

I was aiming to Logan's actually, though I suppose I could edit the laser comms to be a short range all stations instead? Either would make sense in it's own way.

I didn't realize the two of you were going to be in formation was part of it, so I figured 'hey you with the A-Wing out your window' would be specific enough but then you were in formation next post and I felt kinda stupid...

Or I could change it so that Flora is riding with Kara for this battle since Flag already wrote Kara responding to it? No skin off my nose either way since we all end up in the same place...

Kaybee said:
I was aiming to Logan's actually, though I suppose I could edit the laser comms to be a short range all stations instead? Either would make sense in it's own way.

I didn't realize the two of you were going to be in formation was part of it, so I figured 'hey you with the A-Wing out your window' would be specific enough but then you were in formation next post and I felt kinda stupid...

Or I could change it so that Flora is riding with Kara for this battle since Flag already wrote Kara responding to it? No skin off my nose either way since we all end up in the same place...

I don't think its anything to feel out of place about. We are a new crew and the situation is mega fluid.

And most of all I wanted your attention for the first time in the play so I kinda butted in. I suppose someone would say "how rude" at this point.

But I split us back up so "crazy guy" can come hook up so you can continue with your original plan.

Back
Top Bottom