Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Knight To Remember (Szor&Amira)

They went for hours without pause, Serena could see the edge of the forest and slowed down to a trot not wanting to go full gallop into the unknown. Still no sign of Falkor, even the trees were silent of him. He must really not be coming after the two of them, just before coming the edge she stopped. She took a deep breath before leading the horse out into the open field, there was nothing there. She didn't know what she had expected, maybe an army, maybe at least her three peers. "I guess they have given up." She spoke, mostly to herself. "We should let the horses rest a bit." She jumped down from her mount, happy to finally stretch her legs.

Suddenly it began to rain, Serena pulled up her hood and led the mare to the tree cover. Her eyes flickered into the field, three figures approaching the two of them. As they came closer Serena turned her body their direction, watching as three elves stopped just before her. The rain seemed to bend around them, keeping them clear from getting wet. As the four of them stood there, it was like the air shifted around them. The four of them together were the most powerful force in the Druid kingdom, their combined powers could do fantastic things, but when they were not in sync...

The male in the middle was taller then the others, he had thick black hair that was tied into a tight knot. To his side the blonde Melz and finally Hena, a rather small looking brunette. "I suppose you've come to stop me."

"Yes." The male spoke. "Is this the human pet Melz spoke of?" He asked, looking over at Dral.

Hena let out a little giggle, "He looks alright, for a mortal."

Serena didn't respond any of them, instead she watched their body language gauging what to do next. Falkor noticed her tense behavior, he laughed. "We are not going to attack you."

"Only to insult the company I keep? You three could have come with me, you could have helped. The four of us could turn the mage king with little effort. You just don't want to, you'd rather sit in your stupid thrones and while the world around us rots." Serena spat back.

Dral was more than happy to let his horses rest, stepping from his mount with ease. His boots crunched the grass as he landed, his chain mail clinking together. He looked around, not liking to be in the open. He was use to combat, and it showed as he looked for signs of Elven archers. They were a knight's most respected foe, their bows able to easily pierce a knight's armor. This led to knight's carrying kite shields like his. He lead the horses to the tree when it started to rain. "Didn't look like rain a couple minutes ago." He muttered. He looked out to the field, swearing to himself.

He grabbed his shield from his horse, standing just behind and to the right of Serena. His demon skull and winged painted shield was to his side as they spoke. They joked about him, looking down at him as if he wasn't their equal. That made him loose his temper. "Bal gar hutuun." He snarled, his green eyes stairing them down. "Aruetiise bal hutuun chakaar." The language he spat out was similar to the prayer he had let out the night before, but the tone he used it with was loaded with malice and hate, losing its elegance to his hatred.

He stepped forward. "She wants to help your people. Maybe not your faction, but your people. Your land. This war is destroying the land your hold so dear, and yet you do nothing." He pointed a gauntlet finger at the three. "Cowards!" He spat out the word, using it as a weapon directed at them. "Traitors!" He pointed at Serena. "You should be fucking helping her, not impeding her."

Serena found her self moving in front of the human as he spoke angry words to the Prince and Princess of the Druids. A smirk played across Falkor's face, he threw his hands out a large beam of what looked like thunder and fire aimed directly at them. The redhead reacted quickly, throwing out her own arms with her own mixture of magic, the fought against each other Serena holding him off with ease but not progressing further in stopping them. Hena joined in on Falkor's side and Serena had to fight harder, sweat dripping from her brow. Their magic had closed over half of the distance and her legs began to shake as if something heavy was pushing against her.

This seemed to go on forever, each second Falkor and Hena gaining just a little more ground on Serena and her stance getting weaker.

"Stop!" Melz shouted, "Falkor stop it!"

He didn't budge, "She needs to learn, I am tired of her youthful ignorance." His voice was harsh, "And the mortal can see who the traitor is."

Melz grabbed Flakor's arm and yanked down, causing his concentration to break. Serena and Hena broke away quickly, the magic dissipating in front of them. Serena's body drained of it's energy, she found herself leaning her weight against the human. She watched as Falkor and Melz started to actually shout at each other in elvish, it was unlike an elf to raise their voice. Serena had always been exception, probably because she was raised by dragons and had grown up shouting to be heard.

"Melz has taken my side." She whispered to Dral, "Apparently you convinced her."

When the druids started their duel, Dral stayed back. He was a secondary in it, he was not to interfere unless one of theirs interfered. He did draw his sword, however. He was outmatched, he couldn't even hope to be any use to her against them. But then a second druid joined against her, he stepped in stepping around Serena and across the other female druid. He pointed his sword to her neck at the same time Melz grabbed the male's arm.

As Serena began to fall, he caught her with his shield arm. His sword didn't waver, but her looked down at her. "That doesn't matter now, cyar'ika." He said, the malice and hate absent from his voice. "Are you alright?" He asked as Melz and Flakor argued. He looked back up at the two arguing in Elvish.

He waited a moment before speaking again. He held her protectively, his shield protecting her more than himself. With his sword still pointed at the other females, he snarled. "This woman is under my protection. I will die before any harm comes to her. And if you kill me, it will open this war into anew." He was kind of bluffing, but he was the kings emissary for a truce. "This time, he won't just visit the Mage's lands with this war, he will burn your forests. There will be no peace. Only devastation. We can live without the forest. We can live in a wasteland. Can you?" He glared at them.

His eyes didn't leave them as he said his next statement, though it wasn't solely directed at them. "Should she betray my king's trust and my purpose, I will kill her myself."

Serena pulled away from him quickly as he spoke of burning the wood, obviously horrified that his people would even consider destroying the lives of many to end a conflict. The others had fallen silent, until Hena finally spoke. "Human are you foolish? These woods are under Serena's protection. These are the Shaddix woods." Hena walked over to the redhead, helping her to sit on the ground.

Falkor shook his head in disapproval at Serena, "You see what you align yourself with? The mortals have no care for anything but themselves. We protect peace and nature, they only care for themselves. And yes foolish human we could survive without these woods because the elves do not live in these woods. How foolish of your king do send an uneducated brute like you." He walked over to Serena, squating down to her. "Come home with us, we will forget all of this."

Serena shook her head stubbornly, "Falkor I must continue, it is our responsibility to keep order and that includes our mistakes. It is our fault he had fallen from our ways, and it is our responsibility to bring him back."

"That happened well before either you, nor I, were even born! It is not our responsibility, let the mages and humans destroy each other. We can continue our peace without either of them." He stood back up, he offered Serena his hand. "You are out of mana, you need to rest."

Serena refused his hand, pushing herself up off the ground and waving away Hena's offer of help. "My mana will restore. I will come back to Dunravi with you, if you three hear me out. I am running a fools errand but with your help I know I can do this."

Falkor looked thoughtfully, "What of the mortal?"

"Wherever I go, he goes." Serena said, she had a plan that would help her in the long run. She had left her home in haste but if she could turn Melz, she could turn Hena and Falkor as well. "I am not asking you three to leave, but I do have a plan that will protect our people and my mission."

"We should hear her out." Melz spoke, she crossed the space to Dral reaching out and touching the edge of his sword. "We will not harm you, even without mana no one wants to inflict the wrath of your lover."

Serena made a face as to protest but they three elves had already moved on, Falkor whistled a soft tune and four powerful dragons landed before them. "I'm assuming your horses have never been carried by dragon, I ensure you no harm will come to them. I care more for their lives then yours." Falkor grinned.

The redhead moved to a large blue dragon, ice dripped from it's wings. She reached out and touched it's face, to which it nuzzled into her chest. She walked over to Dral, "I need to do this, if you do not wish to come that is fine, but I plan to continue on to the mage king in the morning."

Dral sheathed his sword, watching them speak. His words were harsh, but at the same time, it was a plan some of the other human kings wanted to do. His king didn't approve, nor did he, but it gave the elves pause. But it also distanced Serena from him. He looked back to his horses. "Then you and I have something in common, aruetii. I will kill you if they are harmed." He stepped away from Melz and towards his horses.

He clicked his tongue, and the two looked up at him. He started speaking to them in that strange language, taking his gauntlets off so he could pet them. They had heard the dragons, and he could see them fighting their base instinct to run in their eyes. They were warhorses, but the fear they were feeling was primal. They calmed to his voice. They snorted, and he took the rains to lead them to the dragons. "Leave her horse. It knows the way back." He said, walking to Serena. "She won't come to the dragons."

He sighed, looking down at her. He lowered his voice, his eyes spoke for him even though he hadn't said a word. "I am sorry." He said softly. "It's true, though. My king is against it, as am I. This peace offering is the last attempt before all the human kingdoms decide to go on the offensive. And it will be a total war." He sighed, looking up at the dragon. "It will end with one of our people completely destroyed."

Serena didn't react to his apology, "It's okay, it is my own fault. I for a moment forgot the hearts of men are weak." The dragon lowered it's body so Serena could climb to it's back. She waited for Dral to join her before the dragon started flapping it's might wings bring them up high enough for it to grab hold of his mounts. The others joined them, zooming past them as they were not carrying the careful cargo of the horses. Serena remained silent, looking down as the flew over the forest like it were nothing. As they cleared the forest they started to cross over small homes.

Dunravi was the capital city and located in the valley of the great mountains, carved by the dragons and elves, far away it might look like part of the mountain itself. As they approached the city, the air got colder, and the dragon dived down into the cloud cover. The city first coming into view, the large castle in the middle over they city surround. The Dragon lowered the horses in the field by the castle where two elves ran out to care for them, before flying up again and gripping it's might talons into the side of the castle.

It extended a wing the very tip of it landing on a small path of stone that led to a doorway. Serena slid down the wing, standing just as she hit the stone. "Thank you Ko." She said to the dragon, before heading inside the stone structure. It led directly into what appeared to be a bedroom, the bed was round and in the middle of the room. The bed was covered in soft linens, and curtains that could be pulled completely around.

Dral didn't respond, simply nodding before mounting the dragon. He respected dragons in a way he didn't elves. The dragon they were on effortlessly lifted into the air on it's giant wings. The lift off made him uneasy, but when the dragon leveled off, the view took his breath away. As a child, we would watch birds fly, and always wonder what it would be like to fly. And now he knew. He couldn't stop looking around. He held onto her, but only loosely. He was too busy watching the clouds, and the mountains that peaked out over the clouds.

When the city came into view, his shifted from the clouds to the city. Looking over as they came in close. He watched as his horses were dropped off. He didn't like being separated from his horses like that, but he didn't have much of a choice at this point.

When they landed, he dropped down. He turned to the dragon named Ko, and bowed to it. "I wish I was able to speak your tongue to thank you." He smiled at it. "I hope you can accept a thank you in my native tongue." He said, bowing once again. "Vor entye, Ko." He turned to walk into the room with Serena. He looked around, admiring the view. He didn't know what to say to her, or if he should try to say anything.

The Great dragon gave him a nod before transforming before him, in it's humanoid form the dragon was a tall and muscular woman. Her skin a pale blueish hue, and her hair stark white, she still hand her orange reptilian eyes. She walked past Dral to Serena, "How could you!?" She asked the red head in a heavily accented voice, "You could have been killed, I don't care if you are a princess now you still owed me a good bye."

Serena didn't look surprised by the fussing of the massive woman, "I apologize mother, I had to move with haste before Falkor tried to stop me."

"Look how far you have gotten! I would have helped you, we would have helped you. You are as head strong as Artemis."

Serena frowned, not liking being compared to her birth mother she turned her face away. "You couldn't have left to help me, what about the hatchlings? You would leave them without care? Who is foolish now? You would have tried to convince me to stay in your selfishness."

Ko let out a sound that sounded like a low growl, before turning her attention to Dral. "I apologize if I have startled you." She turned back to Serena, "I must be back, but this conversation is not over, young lady." Serena watched as Ko went back out the door, transforming into her dragon form and flying off towards the top of the mountains.

"Follow." Serena said to Dral simply, still fuming a bit in her head. She was mostly angry at herself for thinking she could trust him. She walked through a door way into a room that resembled more of a cave then the interior of a castle, in the middle was a pool of water that was steaming. She unhinged her cloak, laying it across a rock before reaching around and undoing the laces of her gown. She stepped out of her dress, naked in front of him, she stepped into the water sinking into it's comfortable warmth. "These springs restore strength."

Dral knew that Dragons could change their shape, but never saw it personally. He watched Ko walked from the pad and towards Serena. When he heard the nature of their argument, he relaxed, knowing it wouldn't come to blows. He looked out the window, not wanting to interrupt their conversation. He put his shield against a wall, remembering what Serena said about demons, facing it towards the wall.

He bowed once again to Ko, accepting her apology. "No need, my lady. Pleasure to meet you." He said as she passed him. He watched as she changed shape once again and fly off with admiration. He looked back to Serena after Ko disappeared in the clouds.

"Of course, my lady." He followed, hand on the hilt of his sword as they walked through the halls of the castle. The architecture was different than human architecture, but not unpleasant. He followed her into the room. He looked around, wondering if the castle was built around these springs. Then he heard her voice, and his attention snapped to her. He hadn't seen her undress, and now he couldn't look away. "Sorry, my lady." He finally managed to say. "I will step out, if you wish."

Serena was confused as to why he wanted to leave, she moved to the edge of the water leaning against the edge at his feet. "I am not angry at you, but if you keep calling me My Lady I might just start." She joked, she splashed some water at his feet. She dunk under the water before rising back out, her now wet hair clung over her breast like curtains.

"I do not wish you to leave, it would be rude for me to send my guest out. I am inviting you to bathe with me, unless this offends your people? Do you not swim? Do humans not bathe?" She asked titling there head at him. She had smelled some rather interesting smells in the human kingdom but surely they had to bathe.

She looked at him thoughtfully for a minute, "Or is it what you said about servants, do you need those to undress you?"

He chuckled, looking at her. "No, it's just that...I am but a guardian. I didn't know if you wanted me to join you, Serena." He sighed, looking over her body. "And I have over stepped that line several times this trip." But he sat down on a rock, taking off his tadbert. He set it next to her cloak. He started to undo his chain mail. "May take a moment. This can be done by one person, just takes longer."

He smiled, watching her. "We do. We're not the filthy apes many of your people think we are." He took the chain shirt off, sitting in his padded underarmor. "Although, I haven't bathe since we left." He added, reaching down to take his boots off.

He laughed a little. "No, don't need servants, Serena." He looked over at her, wondering if he could get her to come out of the water. "However, if you would like to help, I won't turn it down." He said, putting his boots side by side next to his chain shirt.

Serena was not fooled, she had seen his eyes go wide when she had undressed before and knew he just wanted to steal a few more looks. Nevertheless, the stepped out of the warm water and back onto the cold stone surround. "I suspect you are continuing to step over bounds now." She let out a little laugh, pushing a strand of wet hair behind her pointed ear. She did not know the workings of his clothing, but she imagined it couldn't be too hard to figure out.

"Are you suggesting I hold my nose in your presence?" She made a face like he really did stink before closing the distances between them. She put her hands on his chest, still clothed with his foreign armor. She leaned over him, letting her breast hang dangerously close to his face grabbing the laces on the back of his armor. When she had pulled the laces loose she stepped back again, a devious grin on her lip.

"Do you require more assistance then that?" She asked.

Dral slipped from his armor, standing up in only the trousers. He had enjoyed the view, admiring her flawless skin as a jeweler would admire a diamond. "I think I have it from here, sweetheart. Thank you." He undid the laces for his trousers, letting them fall to the floor. He stood in front of her in a thin cloth shirt and shorts, assumingly to prevent chafing in those areas.

To prove that he didn't need her help, he took of his shirt, revealing his upper body to her. Unlike elves, he was strongly built, his upper chest, shoulders and arms all showed decades of carrying heavy gear. His legs told a similar story when he took off his shorts.

He felt a little embarrassed, standing naked in front of an elvish princess. But she was doing the same to him. He was probably the first naked human she has ever seen, and he hoped he wasn't making a bad impression. She was more beautiful than he wanted to say. If he would dwell on it for too long, he would be embarrassed. "Shall we?" He asked, breaking the silence.

Serena was not shy about looking over the humans now naked body, his anatomy was no different but just larger. Broader built, like comparing a stallion to a pony. She stepped back into the water, sinking in, while she had grown up in the cold caves of the Ice Drakes, she had gotten used to the more mild temperature of Dunravi.

She leaned her head back into the water, breathing in the steam for a minute before sitting back up. Her blue eyes examined his face for a minute.

"I'm going to ask Falkor to fight against the mages with our armies, I will likely be gone for a few hours... I thought I could make arrangements for you to see Dunravi while you wait." Serena spoke carefully, she suspected that he wouldn't like being made to wait. "I think having you there will probably make my request unsuccessful, Falkor was once betrayed by a human king and has a deep hatred for them."

Dral watched her examine him, wondering if it was purely academic or if there was something more. He stepped into the water, and his muscles in his legs started to relax. He kind of kneels in the water, letting the water come over his shoulders. He watched her float, admiring her body. He stayed put, cautious about moving closer and getting himself a little excited.

He sighed, looking down at the water. "I am sorry, Serena." He said before looking back up at her. "I don't think I would be welcome anywhere even if I was allowed to entire the city." He didn't float, so he didn't attempt what she was doing. "I would rather request to be with my horses, if they don't confined me to quarters. I would accept an escort, even."

"You will be fine, and you may never get another opportunity to see Dunravi." Serena frowned, "I could always command you." She joked, moving over to the edge of the water sitting up against the wall. "Your horses are fine, they will never be treated better then they will be treated in our stables. But since you don't trust me, I will take you there personally later." She shook her head at him.

She closed the space between them, touching his chest letting her hands explore the curve of his muscle. "Are all human men like this?" She asked, she moved her hands around his upper arm. "So large?"

He smiled at her, shaking his head. "It's not that I don't trust you, Serena. I probably trust you the most here." He said, watching float towards him. She was beautiful, and it was having its effect on him. "It's that they are my horses, my family. We do have a strong bond with our mounts. We actually give them a warrior's burial when they die. I hand feed my every day, groom them, speak to them. They are my friends, my brothers and family." When she touched him, he gave her a smile, enjoyed her touches.

He returned her touches with some of his own, his fingers running along her back gently. "Just the fighters, mainly. Our physique typically depends on how we eat and what we do." He pulled her close, relaxing in the warm springs and with her gentle touches. "Blacksmiths are more muscular, farmers are leaner." He laughed, looking over at her. "The wealthy are fat." He looked over her body. "It varies. I am just a good specimen."

((Sorry, I've been drowning with work))

Serena nodded, elves usually game in one shape, slender. They all ate a similar diet, the wealthy ate no differently then one that might be considered poor. Humans were different, she had witnessed from the king that they feasted for enjoyment and not just for nourishment.

"Are you sure you are a good specimen and not just arrogant? Or taking advantage of the fact that I am naive to human men?" She joked, but she had to agree. She was enjoying touching his slightly rougher skin, she could tell he had seen a lot just by the soft indicators of his body. She got closer, "If you want to go to the stables, we should probably go now." She spoke quietly.

He looked down at her, giving her a soft smile, "I think they could wait. They would understand that I am here with a beautiful woman." He said, kissing her gently. He pulled her closer to him, so their naked bodies touched, his arm wrapped around her waist. He looked down into her eyes. "We may not ever have this chance again."

He kissed her lips gently, letting her know that he wanted to take it to the next step, but would stop if she didn't want to. But his hand still rubbed her soft skin, enjoying both the warmth of her and the spring.

Serena returned his soft kiss but hesitated for a moment, trying to judge his true intentions in a hasty minute. Did he only want to bed an elvish princess or what? Nothing could come of their union other then a temporary state of ecstasy. She had never put so much thought into a fleeting moment of fancy, maybe it was because he was mortal. Her body didn't seem to know the difference, she closed the small gap between them. Her soft breasts just touching against the firm skin of his chest.

She couldn't bring herself to speak her consent aloud, instead she slowly traced her finger down his body. Stopping just short of his growing excitement. She pressed her lips to his again, this time letting go of her reserve and unleashing her primal passion.

Dral might have sense her hesitation, as she moved for a second kiss, he too her hand from his lower stomach and moved it his strong chest. After that, it moved up to her cheek, caressing it as they kissed deeply. His arm wrapped around her pulled her close, pressing his body against hers, enjoying her soft skin against his.

When they broke from the kiss, he looked into her eyes and gave her a warm smile. "You are very beautiful, you know that?" He said, wrapping some of her hair around her ear, letting his fingers brush against her elongated ear. He kissed her jaw before moving down her neck, then her upper chest. "And your skin is much softer than a humans." He looked back up to her, kissing her collarbone.

While Serena enjoyed his gentle caresses, soft words and warm water she knew she wanted to take this back to her bedroom. She didn't know when the next time they would have soft linens to lay on would be. She lifted his chin, her green eyes examining his face. "Come with me." She said in a soft voice, turning around and climbing from the spring. She turned to look at him, biting her lip for a second before walking the passage back to her room.

She pulled the curtains back around her bed, a small fire was now lit in the fire place and their clothing had been moved and laid out on the dresser. There was a small tray of fruit, and other assorted food, a carafe was filled with some strange light colored beverage. Two goblets sat empty on the the tray, Serena took a seat on the edge of her bed.

Dral watched her move from the spring, smiling as she walked up the steps and back into the room. He stood up, following her into the room, looking around. "Your people are quick." He said, walking up to her. He lifted her chin, much like she had done with him, and bent over to kiss her gently. He gently pushed her down into the bed with his body, pressing his body against hers.

He looked down at her, taking in her beauty, and chuckled. "You know, when Melz called us lovers, I think she was trying to insult you." He smiled, kissing her lips gently. His member had gotten stiff with arousal, and was rubbing against her leg. "But, now." He was holding himself up with his strong arms, looking down at her. "Well, you can tease her on that." He kissed her neck again.

Eager for his kisses she happily met with his lips, letting out a little laugh as he pushed her into the bed. "Not that quick." She felt his whole body pressed against her, his muscles flexing against her skin. She gave him a bit of a sly grin when he commented on Melz, "I don't think she meant it as an insult, she would happily offer you the job of royal bed warmer."

He kissed her again, and she could feel his shaft pressed against her leg, he lifted himself from her and she looked down. Like everything else on a human he seemed thicker than she had experienced. "I should probably keep that between us. Otherwise she might appear before you nude more often." As he kissed her neck, she moved her hands down his back. She pulled his lips to hers again, kissing him passionately she moved his hand to her breast.

Back
Top Bottom