Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Crossed My Mind w/Zanne Heartwood

UnicornHorn

Mystical Artifact
7e88cfe6437be6ef38833fe9778e0fdc.jpg

Wyatt Smith is a regular guy, Nothing special about him. He is working at a small cafe, comfy, and even has a fireplace. He enjoys his work, as he is the waiter. It is a rainy Afternoon, and he could hear the thunder in the distance. It sucks since it is a slow day, and only a couple of people are having lunch here. He doesn't mind it, as it might be slow enough.for him to go on home early. What would he do at home though?

Zanne was out running, not really bothered much by the rain. However, when the rain started to get a little heavier, he had to go inside. The door of the little cafe jingled as the dragon male stepped in. "Phew, it is a bit wet out there" He chuckled to himself as he stepped towards the counter. The black shorts, and dark blue t-shirt he wore was sticking to his scales. "Excuse me. You wouldn't happen to have a towel I could borrow to dry off a bit would you?" He asked Wyatt.

Wyatt is behind the counter, and he he heard the bell ring. "Hello, welcome. What can I-" he stops. Looking at the dragon anthro, he recognizes him as someone he never thought he would see again. "...I....of course." He quickly goes to the back, and he gives him a towel. "Here you are." He knows him, Zanne, he had a major crush on him in high school,but he never approached him. Maybe only one time, and never again, and they graduated.

The dragon smiled happily. "Thanks buddy" He grabbed the towel, and headed off to the bathroom. Inside, he took off his shirt, wrung it out, and then used the towel to pat down his scales, and shorts. Afterwards, he folded it up, came out, and looked to Wyatt. "Man that feels better." He smiled and waited. "Thanks for the towel, and can I get a..." He mumbled slightly "just go with something simple. Hot chocolate please" He paid, and then spent a fair amount of time looking at Wyatt, as if the wheels were turning, but something just wasn't clicking. "Did..." He scrunched his eyes and face slightly in thought. "Did you happen to go to high school around here?"

Wyatt looks at him, and he has to breath slowly as he is trying not to die of a heart attack. "One hot chocolate." He repeats, as he goes to make it for the customer. as he thought, he doesn't seem to recognize him at all. That's okay, this is just a passing meeting. "Huh?" He blinks, "Maybe, why do you ask?"

Zanne took in a soft breath and watched the other male make the drink. "Ugh..." Zanne tilted his head and scratched the side of his cheek. "Cause you look familiar." He chuckled a little bit. "You...must get that a lot though being in a cafe." He chuckled a bit. There was a rumble outside as thunder coursed overhead, and the storm raged on. When he got the hot chocolate, he smiled "Thanks." He stilled seemed a little pensive, and as though he was wracking his mind trying to remember. Whispers could be heard by the dragon as he sipped at his hot chocolate, not even giving it time to cool. "Walter...Walace..." He scratched at his cheek. "W...starts with a W..."

"Haha...yeah. I probably have one of those faces." Maybe he doesn't know, it was a long time ago, and Wyatt is.pretty forgettable. "Would that be all? If so, the drink cost $1.50." he told him, as he watch the dragon for a bit while trying not to blush. Is he trying to remember? He hardly would think he would get his name right.

Zanne paid for the drink, and headed to one of the spots by the window. He set the drink on the counter, and looked at the window, watching the rain splatter across it. He then snapped his fingers and looked towards Wyatt. "Wyatt!" He nodded and moved over to the counter. "Your name is Wyatt! I remember you from gym class!" He nodded. "So what have you been up to since then?"

"Uh..." He actually remembered his name? That's remarkable, he wouldn't think that he would even work that out. "Yeah...it's kind of surprising that you actually remember my name." He is now starting to get bashful. "I'm doing alright...just living day to day. W-what about you?" He asked him, trying to get the conversation going.

He took in a soft breath and smiled at Wyatt. He wasn't going to question the memory thing. "Pretty much the same." He sighed and scratched at his head. "Got a nice job at a bank, but..." He thought a moment more and leaned up against the counter. "Eh, don't...need to get into that." He sighed a little, his eyes looked away, and it was clear that he was hurting inside, and wasn't saying.

Wyatt believes that things are going fine with him, that's good. Something seems off though, he doesn't look too pleased about something, but he doesn't want to press it further. "Oh really? That is something, it sounds like you are pretty successful...um..." Now he is starting to be bashful, who he even say yes to what he is about to ask? "So...if you don't mind...would I have your number? I-its not like for a date...just so that we could...hang out?"

Zanne thought for a moment and nodded. "Thanks" He chuckled a little at the mention of numbers, and hanging out. "You know, that would be a good idea." He looked around the cafe, didn't want to get the guy in trouble for pulling out his phone. "Got your phone on your/ Or a piece of paper and a pen?" He smiled, when Wyatt did have something, Zanne gave up his number. "All right, well I work during the day, so, if you want to hang, it would have to be in the evening." He looked towards the window once more. "Well, the rain has died down, going to have to head back. "Don't lose my number." He nodded "Or else, I will have to come back and find you" He chuckled then headed out of the cafe, and began jogging once more.

Wyatt is surprised that he accepted, he was half kidding about that. Maybe he is doing it to be polite? Whatever the case, he does give him a pen and paper. "Yeah, just write it down and I can put it in my phone...oh wait!" He get another piece of paper and then he puts his own number down. "Here..." He couldn't believe he did that, it was a sudden impulse. "Okay...I'll at least text..." He said as he watched Zanne leaves. "...oh my God..."

Wyatt had to take a double take, Zanne gave him his phone number, it took all his strength not to become red.

Within moments of putting his phone away, Wyatt would get a buzz. A text from Zanne telling him that 'It's the scalie guy you just met'.
~~~

It would be a couple of days before Zanne said anything substantial. Whether the two texted back an forth or not wouldn't matter, a more important pieces were at play. Wyatt's phone would buzz, and the text he got, wasn't the greatest.
'Hey. You free tonight? Could use a drinking buddy if you are up for it. Some stuff is getting to me. Would be nice to chat with a friendly face'

Wyatt has been keeping in touch with Zanne ever since the small reunion, its actually mind blowing to him. He has been answering his phone, as they are short and sweet, as he is not the most detailed person on Earth. One day, he gotten a text, but this time for him inviting him for drinks. Without thinking twice, he accepts, and ask were to meet. He sighs in happiness, but he has to convince himself he is not on a date.

Zanne told Wyatt the correct spot to go for drinks, and the time. When the time came, Zanne was at the bar, sitting there with a drinkall ready. When Wyatt came in, he looked over and chuckled "Sorry. I started without you" He sipped at a brown drink in the glass. When they both were drinking, Zanne was, somewhat quiet. "So..." He sighed. "I found out...my girlfriend has been cheating on me" He ran his finger around the rim of his glass. "Apparently been going on for a while too"

Wyatt walked into the bar, and he saw Zanne already at the counter. "Its alright, i am usually late to things." He said as he sits right beside him and orders a drink. He doesn't know what to say to him, but is happy that he is right beside him. "Oh, i am sorry to hear that..." He said, feeling bad for him that it had to happen, that is why he asked him to come out for a drink.

Zanne chuckled softly and nodded to him. "Ya..." He swirled his drink slightly an then looked to Wyatt once more. "Ya...that happened." He chuckled a little bit and sighed. "Sounds weird though, I am not saddest about it. We have been drifting apart for a while." He blushed a little bit. They had been together for a while, since high school really. "I...know why this happened too." he sighed softly.

"Well, i'm sorry to hear that..." He said, he wanted to touch him, but he thought that it would be rude. "Huh? Why did this happen?" He didn't mean to say that, but he was just curious. What terrible woman would have an affair? He would never do that if he was in a relationship.

Zanne chuckled and finished his drink, then ordered one more. "Well, that is a long story" He took in a soft breath and nodded. "I will try to keep it short though." He took another swig of drink and nodded. "We started dating near the end of high school, it was pretty good. Worked for a good while. Then...things started to change slightly" His dark, scaley cheeks slowly started to redden. "Started...losing interest in her." He sighed. "She MAY have caught me on..." He looked to Wyatt, not knowing that Wyatt was on the gay side of things. "sites...dedicated to those guys who...swing for the other side if you catch my drift."

This made him kind of curious, he didn't remember Zanne dating anyone at high school, and now he feels terrible about stalking him. He has no idea about the dating scene, but this girl is insane for having a affair behind his back. But then he said that he is gay, this made his heart leap into the air. "Oh, well, you can look at it this way: This is start of a new beginning...that's something to look forward to...i think." That was cheesy, but he is trying to cheer him up.

Zanne chuckled a little and tilted his head to the side as Wyatt mentions things. "Ya...a new beginning" He chuckled softly and sipped at the drink. "Ya, a new beginning of dick" He shook his head a little and then crossed his arms, leaning them onto the bar top. "No idea where to start though" He sighed slightly and rubbed his arms. "Know...any places? Don't think you would though."

When he put it that way, it is a new beginning, and now he is asking Wyatt a good place to find a boyfriend. "Um..I know of one place. I've never been inside, but its a hotspot for guys to hang out." Sometimes, he walks past the place during the day, but he knows that it is a club. "Oh but...do you like clubs? Its called Angel's Awake."

Zanne finished his second drink. "Hmm...if you haven't been in, how do you know it is a good place to look?" He asked, curious. The dragon took in another breath and ran a hand over his head. "I haven't been to a club in a long time. But, if it is a new beginning, why not? Life going a different way, try something new to compensate right?"
Zanne thought for a moment. "And now I feel a little bad." He chuckled a little. "What about you, do you have...anyone? A significant other?"

"Its from word of mouth...so, i'm just guessing." Wyatt admits that, as he has heard that its the place to be. He thought it might be good, but there would be a lot of people that might be interested in Zanne. "Huh? Me? ...N-No.i'm single." He bit his lower lip in embarrassment.

Back
Top Bottom