Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Powers are not a good thing (open to all)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainman

Supernova
A solar flare hit a nuclear plant on a ley line Nexus in New Jersey. A sudden energy surge drives some parts of the city into a black out and after which a small group of people develop powers.

Powers does not mean that it is a good thing, in the wrong hands, it is usually bad. I'm not talking about superpowers, I'm talking about "superhuman feats" which can be done. And powers do come with flaws.

Anyone interested in having some powers and equivalent flaws? I'm talking about perhaps a few people in an area developing the powers, and as normal people, how does it affect them and will it cause everyone trouble and everyone met in a jail cell and realize that they are not unique?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nancy, an MMA fighter was sitting in the cell for killing her opponent in the ring. There was pretty much not a case which is quite common in caged fights, and Nancy was getting a little impatient.

"It was an accident. Did not know he was so fragile..." Nancy said to an old cop as he walked by. "Its a sanctioned fight. Waivers were signed..."

Nancy was getting pissed.

Shade just finished off his target. In a public toilet, just by turning off the light, Shade phased into the shadows and moved behind the bodyguards and slit their throats. She punched the throat of the target and as he choked, she covered his mouth and held him down and waited for him to asphyxiate.

Suddenly, the lights were on and 2 more bodyguards entered and saw Shade and fired at her. A bullet hit her shoulders and she used the target as a shield and threw a dagger at the lights.

"Where did she go?" A bodyguard muttered and as he approached the target, he saw a dagger in the target's eye. Shade moved behind the other bodyguard and shoved both of them together and stabbed them multiple times as they fall. Shade was bleeding and injured. She moved out and ran to the stairwell and leaped off the 3rd floor, landing on a car and rolling on the road.

She went to her doctor to have the bullet removed and after it was taken out, cops surrounded the building and arrested everyone. The doctor happened to be selling drugs as well, and was busted and Shade was brought to the police station for processing. Without her weapons, Shade did not want to fight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shade looked at Nancy. "Killed someone in a fight?" Shade asked. "Must be fun..."

Markus didn't really understand what was going on, or why he was here. Well he knew what he was charged with, breaking someone's arm. That was the thing though. His arm had been broken, the other guy had just cut up his hands. The dope was a hand model or something and was upset that his career was just ruined. "I'd rather have your broken arm then my defaced hands." he moaned. Markus agreed. "I'll trade you." he joked, and when they shook hands, they did. Now he was here, with two killers in a cell. He just put himself in the corner farthest away from them and kept hi eyes on the bars, waiting for someone to come get him out of here.

A muscular man was thrown into the cell ALONE. The cops have roughed him up a little and uncuffed him and walked away. "This guy was found chained in a container during a drug raid. When officers were rescuing him, he tried to run and put 4 officers in the hospital. We still do not have any identifications on him." An old cop said as he walked away.

The man shouted. "They will come for me, and all of you will DIE!" There was much bruises on the man. There is blood around his mouth and he has a chipped tooth. Something bad had happened to him before, and he looks very big and dangerous.

====================================================

A fat cop saw 2 men approaching the police station. They look like teenagers with down syndrome. "This is a restricted area. Are you lost? Do you need to call your guardians?" The cop asked and heard a muffled moan behind him. As he turned around, he saw another cop getting choked by a lady that looks like she has down syndrome. "What the..." The fat cop's throat was grabbed and he was punched.

"You probably need help." One of the teenagers said as he punched the side of the fat cop, breaking his ribs. The cop was then cuffed and left there with his guns removed.

A cop was walking to the police car and he was grabbed and a gun shoved to his neck. "What the hell are you doing?" Another cop muttered and was shocked to see a teenager pointing a gun to his partner's neck. Another teenager approached and with a spinning kick to his head, the cop went limp. The cop was led to the keypad in the basement where he entered the code and he was easily choked out and dragged aside.

At the entrance, a few people with down syndrome entered the police station and started looking around and touching things. The desk sergeant seemed a little concerned and walked up to them. "Hey, how can I help you?" the sergeant said and approached a girl untying a flag. "Please don't do that..." "Hey guys... need a hand here.."

2 cops came out and approached the people and tried to guide them to an activity room. Suddenly, the girl looped the rope around the sergeant's neck and strangled him. The cop was grabbed and the people rammed fists into their bodies. A plump cop heard muffled moans and exited to the main hall area to check out what happened and saw the people choking the cops.

"Freeze!" the plump cop shouted, drew his gun and pointed at them. From behind, a lady disarmed the plump cop and a round went off. The plump cop was punched in his back and his kidney was ruptured. "Open the door." The plump cop was led to a door where he keyed in the number and his neck was snapped and he was left there to keep the door open.

In a SWAT room, the SWAT officers heard the gunshot and started putting on their armor. The teenagers entered the rooms armed with batons and closed the door behind them.

In the break room, the cops saw the teenagers coming in and approaching them. A cop approached a fat teenager and said. "Hi, would you be interested in some donuts?" The power went off and the cop was grabbed. It was like a coordinated attack and all the cops were grabbed and subdued at the same time.

==============================================================

"Something is not right." An old cop muttered and checked on the cell area. The large muscular man waited and as the old cop approached, the man reached out and grabbed his neck. The cop was lifted off the ground and kicked helplessly in the air. The man took the cop's gun and dropped him. "I suggest you let everyone go. They are here for me and all of you are just collateral. They will kill you..." The man turned the gun around and returned it to the old cop. The cop backed off and backed into the other cell with the other prisoners.

Shade heard something outside the window and looked outside. She saw 2 people moving towards a cop and the cop went limp. "Something is happening..." Shade said and saw an old cop backing off to the cell. Shade grabbed the old cop and pulled him towards the cell.

"Maybe this crazy guy is right, something bad is happening and your friends..." Shade grabbed the keys from the old cop and opened the cell. The old cop was grabbed and pulled into the cell. "Look, we are not here to hurt you or anything, don't be defensive... Your friend is ..." Shade looked outside and the cop on the ground was gone. "Wait.. I ... um ... I think the police station is under attack..."

A teenager walked into the cell area and looked at all the prisoners. "I think they killed your friends.." Shade said to the cop and was a little confused as the teenager looked like he had down syndrome. The Teenager looked at the open cell and approached.

"You don't want to do that... some killers in here..." Shade said. The teenager paused and another teenager approached. "Shit..." Shade muttered.

"Fuck..." The teenagers have guns and pointed at Shade and the others. "Killers eh..." The teenager said.

The man on the opposite cell fired at the teenagers as the teenagers were about to shoot him and one of the teenagers was shot in the head and collapsed. The other one rolled gracefully and fired a few shots in return and dived for cover.

The teenager was out of the line of sight from the man and could see the others from the other cell and shot at them.

"What the hell..." Shade shouted and dived for cover.

He landed next to one of the others and finiched away as a bullet struck the concrete about a foot away and peppered him with speaks of concrete.
"What in the world is going on!" He shouted to no one in particular. He thought je was done being shot at when he moved back to the states. He looked to the man next tp him. "These guys friends of yours?" He hsd been talking to them after all.

Nancy was in the cell and saw the man beside him getting shot in the head and collapsing. The attackers looked like teenagers with guns and they continued to shoot at the people in the cell. Nancy kicked the keys over to the man in the opposite cell.

The man in the opposite cell shot back and killed a teenager and the teenagers ducked for cover and returned fire. Nancy took the opportunity to rush a teenager and shove him to the ground. The teenager turned and Nancy mounted on him and started punching him in the face. The teenager was very tough and managed to shove her off, but she defended her mount and prevented the teenager from getting a better position. The teenager was inhumanly strong and was able to toss Nancy around to get control and turned and tried to pin Nancy, but Nancy had good technique. The muscular man walked up to the teenager and placed his gun on the head and fired.

"They will come and kill everyone. If you stay, you will die. " The man said and Nancy decided to follow the man out of the cell. "Are you guys coming along?"

Markus didn't have any idea what was going on as he watched this all unfold When the woman asked if he was coming. Well he could go with the attractive if intimidating female or stay and potentially get shot. No contest. He immediately sprung form the sell and scoped up a dropped handgun. he checked the mag, still two or three shots left, he shoved it in an inside coat pocket and zipped up so it would swing around obviously. It was better than nothing. He thought he would be done with gun-play and getting shot at, and running around with a bunch of crooks and murderers and all that. That was, apparently, not correct.
"The name is Markus." He said and offered a hand to the woman as they proceeded out. "Nice to meet you, now would someone mind telling me what is going on?"

Shade saw the lady attacking the teenager and the man taking him out. She decided she should also defend herself. Shade looked at the man and who is called Markus getting a gun and suddenly, 2 cops ran into the cell area. "They are coming..."

Shade looked and felt thumping on the ground and saw a 9 ft tall humanoid rushing in. The humanoid looks like it has some small bullet wounds on him, but it did not slow him down. He had pale white / greyish skin and 2 lower teeth that are so long it extends out of his mouth, in many accounts, it would look like an Orc.

The Orc charged into the 2 cops, ramming them into the cell. The impact was so hard that it killed both cops instantly a their lungs and ribs were crushed. Blood oozed out of the cops as they slumped lifelessly on the ground. It looked at the others in the cell and charged into the cell.

One of the man was caught in the charge and was shoved into the wall. The wall behind him cracked and all his organs and bones were crushed. "Take him out!" Shade shouted as she leaped over and kicked the orc in the face and proceeded to land a few more precise shots into the vital organs. The orc staggered a little and was shocked at how strong Shade was, but as shade kicked him in the gut, he grabbed Shade's leg and tossed her 20 feet into the cell bars.

This thing was really really strong and tough.

The muscular man nodded at Marcus. "There are more of these killers. We need to stop them before they kill everyone." The man rushed over to grab the orc in a chokehold. The orc was inhumanly strong but the man grabbed on and choked the orc. His muscles became even larger and the orc slammed him on the wall but was unable to get free and eventually, the man snapped the Orc's neck.

The muscular man helped Shade up and looked at everyone. "There are others that came across a portal, and they may look human or may disguise like one of you, but their intent is to destroy everything. Trust no one."

Gunshots were heard and another teenager rushed in only to be ambushed by the man. The man was surprisingly fast as he punched the teenager's throat and easily snapped his neck. "We got to leave now."

================================================

Nancy followed the man's lead and exited the cell area. Along the corridors, they could see dead bodies, some cops and some were civilians working in the police station. It looked like a massacre. Nancy sensed someone approaching her and managed to dodge stop a teenager from strangling her and started to defend herself from the strong and fast attacker.

Markus was quick with his gun. Not inhumanly quick but he had the speed that came form someone who was used to using a lot, he put a bullet into the teenagers head and his brains blew out the other side before he took another step towards Nancy. The killing wasn't what bothered him. he had become numb to the death of others a long time ago, what got him was how many people were being killed and by who and how. None of this was natural, non of it made sense, what was all this?
"I say again, what is going on. What was all that, what is all this?" Green men, retarded teenagers who were unusually strong, and then these two, and the other guy, and him for that matter. "Can you give me a better answer?" he said to Shade. "Why are we being attacked by big green men and kids from an asylum or something?"

Ramming into the bars really hurt. Shade followed the others and left the cell area. Shade picked up a gun from a cop and checked on him. The cop was dead and his neck was snapped. "You are not needing this anymore..." Shade muttered.

One of the teenager attacked Nancy and Nancy dodged and Markus shot his brains out.

"Can you give me a better answer?" Markus asked Shade and Shade shrugged. "I don't know what's going on, but since the blackout, everything was weird." Shade saw the storage area and the evidence room and found a few dead cops and the door was opened. "I'm going to try to find my stuff, anyone else has stuff confiscated?

OOC: I've put up a character profile thread for us to know the characters better.

The muscular man looked at the group, including the old cop who looked at everyone nervously. "A group did not know what they were messing with and suddenly opened a gate. This gate released some creatures which should not be here, and there are also some side effects. I am Brut and looking for one of the man who took something from me. It looks like a rod, and it can open the gate again and maybe make things more normal for you."

"There are some bad things that come over and this man probably found some place where he could transform these people into monsters which he can send to kill me. There are worse things he can send and he can look like anyone..." Brut said.

As they were about to leave the police station, a dark shadow grabbed the last person who was the old cop and dragged him into the darkness. The old cop screamed in fear and his sound was then muffled and he was crushed. Outside the police station, more police cars just arrived and they seemed to be interested to storm the place.

"This is bad..."

Markus still had no idea what was going on, he would have to settle with that for the moment. He reached down and picked up and fallen pistol and checked the mag, almost full, good.
"Alright if we're busting out of this place we should go up top. There is probably a ladder down to ground level. If we're trying to get out of here that's probably the way to go. It will be better than the doors, which will all be guarded. Since we're all escaped prisoners now we'll need to go to ground too." He didn't know what was going on with all this paranormal activities crap and the weird teens or whatever was going on, but he knew how to get around the police.

Shade found her daggers and guns and her mood was significantly better. "Hey Markus, any of your stuff in here? " Shade asked. "My name is Shade by the way..."

Shade exited the evidence locker and saw new cops arriving. "Ahhh.. Cops..." Shade muttered and turned off the lights and smashed the bulbs. When the lights were off, she was almost invisible when in the shadows. A cop was grabbed and choked silently and Shade dragged him into the corner. Shade moved towards 2 cops and punched them in the throat and grabbed their heads. The cops were dragged into the darkness and were easily taken out.

Shade proceeded to take out more lights and moved in the shadows.

"Alright if we're busting out of this place we should go up top. There is probably a ladder down to ground level. If we're trying to get out of here that's probably the way to go. It will be better than the doors, which will all be guarded. Since we're all escaped prisoners now we'll need to go to ground too."

Shade heard footsteps approaching and signaled the others to follow Markus's plan. "Sounds like a good idea, I'll catch up..."

Shade waited in ambush for a plump cop to walk by. Shade covered his mouth and grabbed his tazer and shoved it into this neck. The plump cop was shocked briefly and he went limp. Shade heard gunshots in the next room and saw a man encountering the cops and getting shot at. "Great.. distraction for us..."

A fat cop saw another cop approaching him. "What happened here?" The fat cop asked.

"Prisoners escaping... officers down..." The cop said and directed the fat cop towards the group. A few more cops were directed and the fat cop exited the police station and informed several senior officers about the murders. "These killers show no mercy.. Tell the officers to take extra caution."

A sergeant looked at the cop and said. "Are you ok? There's blood coming from your mouth and nose..." The cop rammed his palm up the sergeant's face and the sergeant collapsed and he moved over to the senior cop in charge. The cop reached for his gun and was disarmed and his mouth covered. The cop shoved his thumb into the spine of the senior cop and dislocated his spine and the senior cop was paralyzed and the cop vomited a slug on the senior cop's chest and slumped to the ground. The slug crawled into the senior cop's mouth and the senior cop got up. "there are cop killers in the building. Shoot to kill" The senior cop said on the radio.

=====================================================

A few motorcycle cops with flashlights approached the stairwell, from above, tentacles strangled them and the cops and the cops were lifted off the ground and kicked silently in the air. The ends of the tentacles entered the cops mouths and smaller tendrils entered the different orfices and went into their brains.

Another old motorcycle cop witnesses the horrific scene and fired at the black cluster of tentacles on the ceiling and turned to run and as he turned, another tall orc stood in front of him and his wrist was grabbed and he was disarmed. He screamed for help and the Orc grabbed his helmet and started to crush it as the old cop struggled. More cops arrived and fired at the orc and the Orc was pissed and tossed the old motorcycle cop aside and rushed towards the other cops.

It was a massacre. The Orc grabbed the heads of 2 cops and crushed their skulls easily. Even at point blank, the cops could not take the orc down with their guns and the Orc punched a cop, sending him flying into a wall -- dead and the orc grabbed the remaining cop and hugged him, breaking every bone on his body.

The old motorcycle cop was shocked. He was alive as his helmet saved him. He witnessed the brutality of the orc and how the orc waited and ambushed more arriving cops. The cops did not stand a chance.

"Our guns are not working, this tall creature seemed bulletproof... bring bigger guns..." The old cop shouted on the radio and suddenly, the orc was missing and the old cop was grabbed. The old cop screamed in fear and pee in his pants. The orc imply twisted the helmet and pulled his head off.

The orc then entered the stairwell as he picked up Brut's scent.

"No, I dont have anything." Then the cops came, crap now he would have to shoot at them. Then just as he raised his weapon shade started to work. Advancing down the line as the lights disappeared. Markus watched shade work and was honestly impressed by her skill even as he was terrified by her power. She was efficent in the same way a good mercenary was. He would have to ask that girl of she had a good agent later. Then more cops came he told them about that ladder, then more footfalls. "Dont be late." He said to her and then led the way, dashing through a door marked for stares and running up the flights. "So where do we go after this?" He said to the big guy that seemed to know what was going on.

Markus ran up the stairs and everyone followed. Shade was doing a great job taking out the cops but the orc picked up Brut's scent and moved towards the stairwell. Several cops arrived and shot at the Orc who shrugged off the bullets and as the cops continued their shots, the orc was enraged..

Brut paused as he heard a growl and saw the orc charging with a cop in his arms and ramming against the stairs, killing the cop instantly. "Damn it, another one..." 2 cops fired their shotguns at the orc and the orc charged at them, Brut heard screams and quickly leaped to the base of the stairwell and waited in ambush.

The orc charged in and Brut grappled with the orc and forced it on the ground. However, this orc seemed much stronger than the other one. Brut was kneed in the gut as he was strangling the orc and the orc managed to break the chokehold and kicked Brut aside. The orc then charged at Brut again but Brut maneuvered him and did another takedown and forced the orc on the ground and pounded on the orc. The orc was very tough and continued to come at Brut and Brut managed to place and armbar on the orc and broke his arm.

The fight was dragged out, they were equally strong, but clearly the orc was tougher but Brut was more skilled. The other prisoners participated and eventually, the orc was killed.

Brut suffered some bruised ribs and continued running up to the roof. On the roof, Brut saw Markus and said. "Many killers will be sent after me. I found the Gauss engine where they used to bring in creatures from the other worlds, and these things just want to kill everything. As long as we can keep it away from them and kill all of them, we get to keep our powers and they won't be here."

Brut looked down and there were a few more cops at the police cars downstairs but so far, no one spotted them.

"Man you are still making no sense." Markus said. Everything that had happened since this afternoon had just been a confused mess to him, especially what was going on in this police station. "Where's Shade?"

Shade saw another orc starting to kill off more cops and then rushing towards the stairwell. As the cops fired at the orcc, it got more annoyed and killed the cops. Shade did not want to approached the orc as the orc seemed to be fine after getting shot multiple times.

The gunshots attracted more cops and Shade started to circle around the cops searching the area. Shade walked towards an old motorcycle cop and the motorcycle cop did not see her until she covered his mouth and shoved him to the wall. Shade kneed into his gut and disarmed him. With an elbow to the temple, the dazed motorcycle cop was kicked in the side of the head and he collapsed.

Shade moved towards the next room and saw one of the cops moving behind the other cops and slitting their throats. "What is this?" Shade muttered and saw the cop waiting for 2 SWAT officers to enter and he stabbed a SWAT officer in the throat. The other SWAT officer's gun was grabbed and used to strangle him. As he was choking, the cop kissed him and both bodies trembled. The SWAT officer then got up and grabbed the cop and snapped his neck. A fat cop entered and the SWAT officer walked towards him and grabbed the fat cop. The fat cop was confused and the SWAT officer drew his dagger and stabbed him continuously. It looked like the same attacks used the the cop earlier. "This is some kind of possession?"

The SWAT officer had a big element of surprise and he easily hunted down more SWAT officers. Shade moved behind a balding old cop and covered his mouth. "Shhhh.." Shade said and disarmed the old cop and placed his gun on his head.
"WAtch this..." Shade said and the old cop saw the SWAT officer killing the other cops. "tell the others..."

Shade was certain that no one else entered the stairwell and quickly caught up with the others. She saw the dead orc and quickly went up to the roof. "Ok, can someone explain this, I saw something possess cops and it was taking them out. What was going on? Who is on whose side?"

Shade looked at the big guy and expected answers.

Brut saw that the group was confused. "I'm kinda new to this as well. All I knew was I was working for a group and the mob turned against me and captured me. I studied the occult and calculated some leyline convergence and when I located the place and time, I did not expect what was going to happen next. A huge explosion took place and I felt different and saw things coming out from a gate. I recognized an artifact and took it and it closed the gates, but things began chasing me since.."

Brut showed everyone his forearm. There was a tattoo on his arm. "The artifact somehow became this tattoo after I grabbed it. The gate is now closed but what's here is here, and all of them are nasty.. I still don't know how to get rid of this artifact for good. Well expect the worst. We've not met some of the demon lords yet... One of the demon lords can control the minds of the crazy or intellectually disabled. And I guess he is here... and he does more than just controlling minds... We need to get somewhere safe and I need to look for more occult researchers to figure this out, but trust no one, including cops..."

Brut look down and saw several police cars downstairs and more cops entering the building. "We need to get away now."

Markus scoffed. "Considering how many of them are dead in the building below us I think that goes without saying. We should skip town. We can go somewhere a few miles out, regroup, and decide where to go." He grabbed the ladder and started down it. he didn't know about all this, demons, magical artifacts, it sounded like a load of crap. Obviously what as going on wasn't normal, but their must have been a logical explanation. Something besides magic and demons that could control impaired teenagers. If he had learned anything in his life it was that if you could understand it, you could outsmarted, if you could outsmart it, then somewhere out there was a bullet big enough to kill it. "I know a place where we can hide out for a while." He offered a hand to Shade as she came down the ladder. "Anyone know how to jack a car?"

Shade came down the ladder. "Anyone know how to jack a car?" Shade looked around and saw an old cop by a police car and moved in the shadows towards him. When she was not in the light, she was almost invisible and covered the old cop's mouth. "Keys..." shade muttered and took the gun and keys from the old cop and escorted him to the back of the car. She opened the trunk and cuffed the old cop and shovedhis tazer into his neck and shocked the cop and dropped him into the trunk and closed it.

"All set..." Shade muttered and signaled everyone over. Shade looked around and kept a look out while everyone moved towards the car.

Markus didn't say it, but he was thinking "O you have got to be kidding me." The first thing he did was open the trunk, uncuff the cop, and leave him int he ally but took his hat. He didn't want to add kidnapping to his list of crimes i they got caught, not to mention what a huge liability he was. Then a cop car. He did want to tell the girl this for number of reasons, one of them was that he didn't want to tick her off, especially right now, but they would almost be better on foot. "Well have to ditch this car soon. I don't know if they can track it with the GPS but it's too recognizable anyway. How do you guys feel about ht and dark spaces?" He asked as he climbed into the drivers seat and put the officers hat on. Their was an AR in the car, might be useful if they got caught before the dumped it.

Another group of prisoners escaped thought the rear and joined the others in the police car.

========================================

The police chief arrived and entered the command tent. The door behind him closed and the 2 sergeants with the police chief were grabbed and their necks snapped instantly. The lieutenant in charge wiped the blood off his nose and approached the chief. The police chief's mouth was covered and he was grabbed and subdued. "Don't worry... It will be painless...."

A humanoid in black robes entered the police station and found a pile of dead cops. He reached out his hands and slugs fell out and crawled into the mouths of the dead cops and they got reanimated. A lady walked in and she walked over to a fat cop twitching in pain. She rubbed his neat white hair and stared into his eyes. "The deadly prisoners escaped and assaulted the officers. They need to be arrested at all cost..." the fat cop looked dazed and nodded.

=========================================================

There was a high alert, the police from other stations joined in the manhunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom