Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Writing Request Threads?

CatScrezatio

Supernova
I want to know how to write a good request thread. Because My request threads are bad and I don't know why they don't get any traction. Maybe I'm just bad? I'm not sure.

Any good Samaritan willing to help?

I don't see anything glaringly bad. A little unorganized, perhaps. My best recommendation would be to look at other people's request threads and see what they do that appeals to you.

generally, when i made a request thread, my OCD does a lot of the work for me in organization - i like to keep things relatively in their spot, and in a very easily findable format.

i'd say go with what xanaphia's suggesting, though; take a look around, and see how some other people are modeling their threads. if you see a way that you prefer, try something out like that? for the most part, as long as it's relatively neat and not just a grumbled mess, i can't see anyone not responding :)

Write what you want to be in there, then as time goes on, delete stuff you realize isn't critical to the core document mission of interesting a potential writing partner

I should clean my own up it has been awhile.

Also do use spoiler tags to shorten the overall heft so people can look at a section only if it interests them

For your specific situation you might want to put your chars in a separate thread and link to them that thread can go in the journals section I believe

Back
Top Bottom