Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Pathfinder] The Autumnvale Brothel [closed]

Still looking for 1-2 more replacement players as of Sept 8th 2017!

It was nestled next to a forest whose leaves were almost always the colour of autumn, awash in oranges, reds, and yellows. The village of Autumnvale, an out of the way, backwater place that nobody in their right mind would ever think or desire to visit, at least until word started getting around. Gossip, and rumours of the spectacular brothel, a hidden gem, full of courtesans that were far and away leagues above anything one could find in the major cities, even amongst the more pricey establishments. Those that gave in and set it to investigate these claims... would find them entirely well-founded.

However, the town didn't grow. It was too far out, and too much out of most people's way to settle. That didn't stop some from going out of their way to visit it whenever possible, but it did leave the question on how long it could go on. Towns were made for lumber, of mines, for access to water, or farmland, could a town truly survive off of only having a notable brothel? Many suspected not, and it turned out they were correct, though not for the reason they would have thought.

It took years for word of the Autumnvale Brothel to spread, it only took a few weeks for word of its demise to reach just as far. The once-famed courtesans were almost gone, and the dwindling number threatened to close the establishment. If only most people knew the truth--there was actually something sinsister going on. The courtesans weren't leaving... they were going missing, and the town didn't have the resources to be able to find out what was going on. You are one of a small group who has heard the brothel's Matron plea for help, and have come to investigate... be it out of the goodness of your heart, greed, or desire for a soft bed, with a warm body next to you as reward.

The Autumnvale Brothel
A Pathfinder adventure for 2-4 characters of 3rd level.

Medium: Play-by-post, here in a thread on BMR.
Pace: Every other day, ideally.
Ratio: Smut-to-story; I'd say the lean is to story pending player choices.
Length/Quality: Here is a game I GMed; you decide.​

Hello everyone. I think that is the jist of it. I'm looking for 2-4 people (NOT on a first-come, first-serve basis) who think this idea sounds interesting and would like to explore it. In terms of characters, gender is irrelevant, and I'd like to avoid evil, lone wolf, or overly abrasive and antagonistic types--I don't want the majority of the posts taken up by interparty conflict (though some, is expected, and welcome, cause otherwise it is kind of unrealistic). In terms of players, well, gender also irrelevant, and I'd like to see at least a paragraph worth of reply. I apologise if this is offputting, but if I'm giving what I gave in my last game, and I get one-to-two sentences from people in response, I know I will lose interest. I enjoy, as a GM, having stuff to play off of, especially for NPC-on-PC reactions.

What kind of campaign is this? Well, I can say it isn't going to be a dark and brooding one. There isn't grimdark stuff around every corner, I'll not be describing violence in gratuitous detail. It'll be somewhere in the middle, leaning lighter at times, and darker at times, at least that is my intnet. Lengthwise, this is a one-shot adventure, be it with a happy ending (the girls are saved and massive orgy!) or a bad ending (... :3). I'm hoping to keep things moving forward with every GM post, so that the game will reach a conclusion at some point and not be a five-year spanning epic (so if you're looking for that, sorry. >.>).

What kinks can you expect? At the core, the adventure I've written has bondage, nonconsent, tentacles, and monster-pairings, as well as F/F, and F/M pairings. That said, nonconsent is only present in some form, and it does not mean it will be used with regards to players, most especially if it is a limit. Think of it this way: you might come across a poor elven maiden beset by orcs, and I'm giving a warning that if this is something that bothers you--it even being present--it might be best to pass. The same goes for tentacles, monster-pairings, and F/F relations, if you don't like it, it won't happen to your character, but it is present in some form (and thus may happen to another character, of a player who does like that!)

Really, it depends mostly on the players. If I get a group all into noncon, and you lose against the big bad, I'll certainly continue on for a time into this 'bad ending.' If nobody is into noncon, and you all lose, well, then everyone is dead and the game ends there. Which is also why it is hard to give a good smut-to-story ratio. As for other kinks? Tell me what you like, and I'll see what I can work in without turning this from a "Pathfinder Adventure" into a "Smutty Sex Romp With Dice."

I think that's it on the roleplaying and play front for the moment, on the mechanical front..

Level: 3rd
Ability Scores: 20 or 25 PB
Gold: 2000GP
Races: Any
Classes: Core, Base, Alternate, Hybird, Unchained, Prestige [No occult or 3rd party, sorry.]
HP: Maxed
Dice Rolls: I've a site that we will be using for these.
Traits: One free, plus two for a drawback.
Optional Rules: Honestly, I can't think of any I'd want to include, open to suggestions. The main one I'm leaning on:

Armor as Damage Reduction (which would translate into 'clothes loss' if we do any smutty combat--Armors will have HP, as damage is absorbed from the DR, that damage goes into the armor's HP, at 0 the armor is broken--basic craft or mending spells can repair it though, as I would want this fun, not an annoyance).

But yeah, that's about all I've got for starters. Please feel free to ask any questions and give me an idea what kind of character you might want to play. If I get enough interest, I'll get this game going relatively soon thereafter.

RE: [Pathfinder] The Autumnvale Brothel

Hello, Lasy Grimoire!
And might I say, this sounds like quite the enjoyable romp. The number of players seems sensible, as any more can get a bit really bogged down, and I am delighted with the premise.

A few minor questions before I go into some details, though -
1. How integrated would you like any backstories to be? Would you prefer us to have any attachments in the town/brothel, or do you think it would be better to have it notably more self-contained?

2. Pace-wise, does this mean that you expect everyone to have posted at least once every other day? Completely manageable of course, just checking.

3. Any preferences for player type? I can lean towards both the heavy RPer, or lean more towards the power-gamer, and I also enjoy solving puzzles and riddles and the like. Any preference, or will you work around us?

4. How shall we sort character sheets? I prefer mythweavers myself, but if you have a preferred utility, I'd love to add another to my bookmarks.

5. Ah, how would the whole armour break thing work for a monk? Still wearing clothes though, unless we could work a house-rule...

Now, I have a character concept I've been wanting to play for a while.

See the half-orc child, surrounded by the abusive fully orcish members of her adoptive tribe. See how she cowers, she hopes and prays for something better, even as her uncle attempts to beat the teaching of the tribe into her skull.

See the cousin, envious of the attention from his uncle, who has a plan to rid himself of this half-breed freak that bitch dumped on them before her death.

See chain, ropes, and money passed from slender gloved hands to clawed green hands.

See the monastry, perched precariously on the side of a mountain, with a small horde of brown-robed individuals pouring down to free those captured.

See the recovery, the healing from whip marks, the scars on her back which no herbs can heal. See the single-minded devotion to those who saved her, those who delivered her from the fate she had only just been placed into, the fear and terror of pain rapidly washed away.

We see her begin to travel, clad in a simple brown robe, with her goal to save those under persecution, to free people from their own bonds, be they the physical ropes and chain of the slavers, the deceitful contracts of those who would take advantage, or even the emotional bonds of abuse made to seem like love.

(So yeah, I really wanted to play a half-orc unchained monk, devoloping, growing, and helping in a way she never could in her old tribal village.)

Ah, kinks and such. Now, I personally particularly enjoy bondage, and am perfectly happy with most gender-type sex, and non-con, tentacles, and monster pairings can really be a lot of fun done properly. Another thing I quite enjoy is imaginative/interesting bodies, and kinky and other uses for magic.

Thanks for posting this, and I hope we can have a lot of fun as a group!

I'm interested in playing a female human wizard of some variety. Whose primary motivation is to save the woman, because she's a total sucker for girl on girl.

The kinks I'd like to include are Large breasts, Mind control, FxF, and ideally girls sneezing. (I like it when girls sneeze, I imagine my character at least would have a sensitive nose.)

Alas, finally someone that understands what adventurers have been seeking for ages: gold and women, maybe even golden women...
I would be lying if I said the idea doesn't seem to have a certain appeal in and of itself, so I'll gladly throw my hat in the ring, after all, I do have a couple of concepts I wanted to use but never could manage to (Or well, I did, but the games died shortly thereafter), a rather impressive Tiefling Barbarian with a penchant for overeating and drinking or a pretty interesting Goblin Cleric with a few mental issues and a pretty cool goddess behind her (Kind of inspired by Goblins of Golarion), anyways, I guess it kind of depends on what you'd prefer and what the party needs

As far as kinks, I'm pretty open minded myself:
A little bit of bondage and domination is always interesting, same goes for non-con (I do prefer playing the perpetrator to the victim, but a good scene can change that easely), can play girls or boys (Tho I do prefer girls), love tentacles, monsters and exotic types

1. How integrated would you like any backstories to be?
To be honest, I'm not sure which would be better. However, I have no preferences here, so you can feel free to have some tie-in to the town, or none at all, so long as the initial hook (the Matron's plea for help) would be something your character would answer.
2. Pace-wise, does this mean that you expect everyone to have posted at least once every other day?
Yes, if I understand the question correctly--I'd like to make a GM post every other day as a minimum, so everyone being able to at least chime in once between them would be ideal.
3. Any preferences for player type? I can lean towards both the heavy RPer, or lean more towards the power-gamer, and I also enjoy solving puzzles and riddles and the like. Any preference, or will you work around us?
I'd prefer people lean away from the power-gamer sort of mindset. While I can, and do know how to optimize and work around it... to be frank, I'd rather not have to. That said, if you were using that as sort of a way of asking what the RP/combat mix would be, that will lean based upon the player's preferences--I lean more toward RP personally, but have no issue with a fair bit of combat if that's what people want. As for puzzles and riddles, beyond the big mystery of what's going on, I'm nnnnnot entirely sure there will be any in the typical sense (i.e. room is filling with water, solve this puzzle/riddle to escape)--I just don't see a non-pidgeonhole for the sake of having it way to fit them in just yet (might change as I finish transcribing from head to paper all my ideas, but... ). Thus, if that is your (speaking in general) bread and butter and preference, it might not pan out well.

Goodness that was a long-winded answer, I hope it was understandable and answers the question. Oh, and I guess I should add: I'm more of a storyteller style GM, favouring rule of fun, and not super tactical style combat.
4. How shall we sort character sheets?
An online profiler of some description. A text output from a program somoene has (or just a block of straight text period) will be harder to keep track of for me. Mythweavers should work fine, RPGCrossing is another one with an online profiler I know of. Sometimes Mythweavers gets snotty with my tablet, and the sheets won't load, if it happens too much I might ask people to swap to one I know works.
5. Ah, how would the whole armour break thing work for a monk? Still wearing clothes though, unless we could work a house-rule...
Um, well, you see...
We would...
... Hm.
I'll get back to you on that one. I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps something like 'damage equal to wisdom and armor bonus transfers to clothes' for the most simplistic, quick answer.

Davian_Veq said:
The number of players seems sensible, as any more can get a bit really bogged down.
Mmhm. I've ran my fair share of play-by-post games, and this I've discovered is the sort of sweet spot I like. That is an interesting concept, I... actually think it oddly might mesh well with what I have in mind.

Illven said:
Whose primary motivation is to save the woman, because she's a total sucker for girl on girl.
Well, at least you're honest about it. :3
Sneezing, that's an interesting one. I think I could work that in to at least some degree. And I wouldn't be opposed to making it a drawback for your character to take--is something we could discuss if you're fond of the idea.

SweetKissHardBite said:
Alas, finally someone that understands what adventurers have been seeking for ages: gold and women, maybe even golden women...
xD. I'll give King Midas a call. A tiefling barbarian could be interesting... A goblin, that one might have some inherent difficulty, but it would depend upon how you intended to play it. On the whole, don't worry about 'what the party needs.' Play what you wish, I will adjust myself to account for things. I'm not a believer in the need for a balanced party, or certain roles in a group.

Writing this did remind me of one thing: traits. I allow one trait, and two more with a drawback (over the standard which I believe is 2, +1 with a drawback). I'll edit the first post to reflect this. And I'm rather surrpsied and pleased with the response, I'm quite certain I'll be getting something going.

Hey there, this seems a fun adventure. With there being significant interest in powerful females, I think playing a "squishier" male support type (maybe cloistered cleric or bard) might be a fun contrast.

As far as kinks go, I am fairly open. I'm not a fan of non-con, but I am willing to have my character being a victim of it should things go wrong. I'll likely make him a bit sexually sheltered, able to get excited by just being around sexual elements. That way, even if the rest of the party is centered more around FxF, he can still enjoy himself as an awkward fifth wheel.

What did you have in mind for the drawback?

Probably using the pathfinder drawbacks list. Search for the d20pfsrd site, all the rules are there.

Oh, and thanks for the replies to my questions! Re the gaming style thing, that's just to check what sort of mindset to use myself for this.
I've run up the mechanical stats on RPGCrossing, and looking forwards to a more RP-focused game.

If you still need someone - a female - , send me a PM. I would gladly play.

Reabyne, an elf sorcerer with serpentine bloodline.

"Born in Kyonin, the isolationist elven homeland. Her parents was elven nobles who had a more open wordwiev, and even joined the Sovereign Court, hoping to unite the nobles of the Inner Sea... They teach her to follow in their footsteps, but Reabyne is reluctant, and just like a lot of youngster is against her parents wishes… So, she gathers up her birthright, and starts her own journey at the first time possible – after her Naming Ceremony. Fort he first couple of years she is not leaving the safety of Kyonin, but visits all the borders, finding out her own inner powers, and trawelling with a half-orc sorcorer, as her warden, helping the woman and her familiar along the river border with Galt.

Reabyne chooses to follow her and the river up, as they reach the River Kingdoms, up, up, and away, even as the border reaches Razmiran. She is enamored with the stories of the North, where it is not politics but personal power that governs. Travelling along the West Sellen River, they are all alone when they reach the Exalted Wood, and lucky to be alive when they got to Tymon. The city of gladiators with the numerous half-orc is the final destination of the woman, leaving the elf soon feel crowded, and all alone int he big city.

Reabyne chooses to go further North. Learned the languages of the people up there, she is feeling the call of Echo Wood. But she can’t live from the nature, as some of her brethen, and is not feeling like working for meager coins, so the only thing she can do is to become a Taker… Following the rules of the area, she is taking whatever she can, face to face… but being a spell user ranged weapon using elf, she has stacked fortune for her. Being an outlaw is paying enough to live, and be merry, even if she is choosing to stay untouched. Good at Intimidation, her tallness, the use of orc language, and showing some fangs keep the unwanted suitors away.

Robbing crusaders is getting harder and harder, and Reabyne soon finds herself in a group, that grows with every day.. soon, her virginity is no longer safe, fearing the human men overpowering her, she flees, taking after a story of riches… Knowing well that she would need at least money and good equipment if she wants to survive, or even return home in one piece. Maybe she would even find friends."

Her first stop is in Autumnvale, and she is interested to see a brothel. Maybe this time she would be working in it without having to work in one too.

Not that I would be that much against her falling prey to anybody or anything, even her own lust. :)

If a male would be ok to join in, i would love to play as well. A storm driud would be my preference, but i can play anything really. At work right now but if i am accepted ill look into the AP when i get home to truely flesh out a character.

Thankfully this is not first come fisrt serve :)

I'm interested as well, and while I was thinking a grappler monk at first I had other ideas that I'm interested in playing as well, an elf magus (SweetKiss might remember her ^^) or a samsaran cleric.

Kink wise, non-con, bondage, tentacles and monsters are some of my favorites and I'm cool playing against any gender as well, I would also like to add mind control, humiliation, sensory deprivation, extreme tightness(which could include large insertions as well)

Forgive me for brevity here, I'm having some health issues arise. I'll leave out most of the details beyond it involves unpredictable light to murder me headaches. I'll try to keep the ball rolling as best able, but if I go dark for days, you know why.

OOC/Setup threads are up, I'll link once I've got everything sorted. For now I'm off to lay down.

@Illven: No idea presently. I was going to go over the drawbacks and find something to base it upon if the idea was agreeable. I will attempt this as able.

@ChrisGabriel: I will read that over once things start getting tossed into the profiles thread and as I am able.

@sirix: Gender of player and character are irrelevant; anything works and is open. This is an adventure I'm written, and the only AP abbreviation I know is adventure path, so you'll not find anything to look into. >.>;;

Maybe something like Fey-taken.

The base is "You take a –2 penalty on saving throws against disease, illusions, and poison of all kinds, as well as against the spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities of fey."

Best of luck in getting well.

Hope you feel better soon enough!

Lady Grimoire said:
SweetKissHardBite said:
xD. I'll give King Midas a call. A tiefling barbarian could be interesting... A goblin, that one might have some inherent difficulty, but it would depend upon how you intended to play it. On the whole, don't worry about 'what the party needs.' Play what you wish, I will adjust myself to account for things. I'm not a believer in the need for a balanced party, or certain roles in a group.

After checking my ideas and trying to trim them a bit, I think I'll probably go with something new (They both kinda work better for a bit higher level, and since its going to be a short run, better go with something fun from day one), and seeing so much variety, I think I'll go with something simple and self-reliant, I'll bother you with the details through PMs if you don't mind...

khan, you are the kind of player that makes GMs get rid of first come/first served mentality. I've enjoyed plotting with you every time I've had the chance.

@LadyGrimoire: Hope you'll feel better soon too :)

@SweetKiss: I'm pretty sure I'll love your concept, all your characters ideas have been though we haven't been able to play together for long. hope we both get into this one ^^

@kckolbe: thanks Kckolbe, so have I ;)

@LadyGrimoire
You have my best wishes, and I hope that your aforementioned health issues can be resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner.

I'll be getting everything sorted to get the ball rolling on this a bit more tonight. Just noticed a question that I completely missed the other day.

I'll bother you with the details through PMs if you don't mind...
I do not, feel free to PM away.. Same for anyone else. I'll respond as soon as I get some sleep.

Alright. Setup, Out of Character, Profiles. It's all cross-linked, so you can get to whichever thread from the one you're in.

So, how am I picking people? I'd like everyone interested to pop a character concept (or 'application') into the profiles thread. I'll give it, say, a week, then pick the initial group from there. Anyone I don't pick will have dibs if someone drops, assuming they are still interested, and around, when it comes time. I'm not going to go for 'party balance,' more just, the group I think will mesh best with the adventure, and provide an interesting story.

I know this doesn't seem to be the norm here, but I generally play Pathfinder on other sites where this is, and well, y'know what they say, go with what you know. Sorry if this is a ... I want to say buzzkill but that doesn't feel like the righ word. First come, first serve has lead to problems in the past for me.

If you've any questions, the OOC or my PM box are open. I'll respond as promptly as I can. Same as if you might, say, need more than a week. :3

As I've been posting most updates in the OOC thread, I figure I'll toss this down here as well just in case.

I see three people good to go, and those will who I will be going with (given my 2-4) lest something changes within the next day--I'll reply here, in the interest thread, and shoot a PM to let people know when the game is officially starting (which isn't yet, despite the game thread being up, I just want to have that ready to go over having to scramble to get it written out. :3). I said I'd give it a week, so I'm going to stick to that. I'll call it likely... early AM EST on the 19th, Wednesday, once I've finished with some things I need to take care of Tuesday night.

Edit: that is to say, to be clear, I'll pick people and get the game started early AM EST, on the 19th.

Just to keep people appraised of what is going on!

Hiya, Lady Grimoire!

This is my first time getting into role-playing, so I hope that I can gain a lot of experience and knowledge from joining this game and I hope you can guide me along the session.

I think this idea sounds very intriguing and I would love to participate in this little adventure along with everyone else.

Seeing that this is Game #01, I'm going to start with something simple; a male half-elf alchemist. I'll be coming up with the full character description as soon as possible!

Alright. The party for this adventure kicking off will be:

Nina May played by Illven.
Reabyne played by ChrisGabriel.
Tugara Windswept played by Damien_Veq
Skylar Elywynn played by SepetRP.

I hope it doesn't come too much of a surprise that I went with the people who had completed profiles. n.n

Thiank you for all the interest. I'll not be replying here again unless I've got a slot free and am looking for a replacememt. Any questions can be directed to the OOC or my PM box.

Alright, after a rather unceremonious flop, and a house move for me later--I'm looking to get some replacement people, kick this thing off proper the second time, and actually see if we can get passed the first encounter. xD.

What happened of the game thread so far is right here, though I'm somewhat inclined to do a 'soft reset' and just start from the top again with the new group. We'll see how things feel/who comes along.

So. Yes. Anyone interested in popping into this game? People who replied previously are welcome as well.

If my character fits i would love to play. If not i can make a new one for your consideration.

Still want to play... But preferably with what happened with my character and what she had done staying the same.

Back
Top Bottom