Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Worked Out [Lewd Misconduct and Sigr]

Sigr

Magenta Goon
William dragged his feet closer and closer into that dreaded place, a most unknown site of mystery that shone bright in the middle of the street. Approaching it's tinted windows, the twenty one year old man could see his own reflection, making a frown at the image. His thick blonde hair was ruffled as per usual, resembling a straw made scarecrow that had just got up from the bed. His round hairless face that was usually joyful when dedicated to things he liked now was serious, his mouth shut into a miserable horizontal line. Will's pudgy body was hidden in an awkward fitting tracksuit just bought the day before, as new as the shorts and shirt that he was wearing under it, or the sports bag full of stuff that he carried around. Anyone that looked at him would know that sporting wasn't his thing, and yet, there he was, looking at the door of that gymnasium like it was the entrance of the dungeon in one of his favorite games.

What the hell was he doing there? The answer was as brief as immortal was the reason that impulsed him there, as Susan was her name. Will had felt something for her since she asked him for a pen the first day of that college year. She was a fresh faced first year student when they met on the library, long raven hair and shiny green eyes that could make any man mad, and in case of Will, they certainly had. But Will, in his knowledge of how things worked and the image he had of himself, well knew that Susan was way out of his league. He had to be realistic, not only was he a nervous pudding of a nerd, but he also knew nothing on how to behave himself, so it was no wonder that his sexual experience was both sad and terribly limited.

A heavy sigh that menaced to deflate him like a balloon preceded Will's first step into that gym, his eyes looking around everywhere, seeking both answers on how to face his body issue problem and also searching for glances of mockery, of disapproval. The woman in the counter was gentle and guided Will through the paperwork and the fees needed to partake on that place, so he was sorting out things step by step. The fees weren't a problem, as his family was quite wealthy, or at least wealthy enough for him to afford some personal attention there. He could as well hire someone to come home, but he felt embarrassed having someone at his place, full of nerd stuff and things that spoke of less than healthy habits, from the food on his fridge to his computer rigged for intense gaming sessions.

Leaving his stuff in a locker room, William stepped into one of the gym areas looking utterly lost, without even knowing where to begin.

• ooc | sorry for the delay! it's been a busy two days.

Anthony slung his towel over his shoulder as he emerged from gym’s the private bathroom, the smell of his ocean breeze body wash lingered behind him as he made his way towards the front entrance to see what Laura wanted. He was dressed simply, black mesh shorts hung low on his narrow hips, a grey moisture wicking t-shirt clung to his muscled chest and revealed his tattooed right arm, and socks with Adidas flip flops completed the look. With his wavy brown shoulder length hair and a beard that managed to emphasize his chiseled features and deep set, honeyed eyes, most people felt he belonged more on the beach than in the gym, but no one could mistake him for someone who didn’t work out regularly.

In fact, staying in shape was his life’s work. The discipline, the challenge, the results. All of it together made him feel like he was in control of his life and to get paid to do it was just icing on the cake. The 6’1’’ 34 year old was surprised at how lucrative working as a trainer could be, but when your body was your selling point, and social media was one tap away, building your brand didn’t take much. This generation is all about bettering yourself in all aspects and he was genuinely happy to help others reach that goal.

Proof of that was right in front of him as he scanned the gym. It was 9am and people were already well into their workouts. There were people who’d only been there a few days now and some who were regulars. Old, young, skinny, fat, attention seekers and those who were there to get in and out. When you take in the variety, there’s really no excuse for someone to not workout.

Nodding to Lewis behind the food counter, he sat down at the bar and pointed to the overhead menu. “Can I get a mango ginger smoothie with a shot of whey protein. You can put it on my account.” Lewis nodded and got to work just as Laura approached him.

“Morning, you’ve got a new client! I set him up a few minutes ago so he’s good to go. His name is William and he’s a cute little 21 year old dough boy.” Lewis placed the drink near Anthony with a snort.

“Dough boy? Really Laura?” She just shrugged and smiled. The description was fairly accurate and she was sure whoever he was dating thought he was probably comfy as hell. There was no shame in having a little extra in her mind. Laura nudged him slightly before motioning to the public locker entrance. “That’s him over there. He’s a character. I’ve never seen someone so...sad to get healthy.” She mused.

“What about my class? Is he starting today or what?” Why she chose him when there were other open trainers, he didn’t know.

“Trevor will handle it today. I see the look on your face now and you can stop. Marcus’ wife is due soon so his schedule is erratic and Trevor has been....not at his best lately so I’m not handing a newbie to him right now.” Anthony’s brow rose.

“So he’s filling in for me why?” Laura rolled her eyes and handed him his smoothie.

Don’t be a dick and be nice to him, okay? He wants to start today.”

“When am I ever not nice?” Anthony’s flashed a bright smile as he began walking towards William. Laura shook her head with a smirk and walked back towards the reception desk. Truth be told, Anthony could be a bit of a hard ass, but he never pushed someone further than they were willing to go. Afterall, it was his job to make sure his clients met their potential even when they felt like they had none.

Anthony took in William’s frame. He wasn’t obese and he couldn’t even say the boy was fat, but he was definitely getting there. He had to give it to the guy for coming in to get himself together. That was often the hardest part….well that and continuing to come everyday, but that was where Anthony stepped in as a personal trainer and part of what made him a hard ass. He kept tabs on his clients, much to their initial surprise. The overwhelmed look of William’s face was amusing to say the least, but he refrained from commenting as he came into his line of sight and held out his hand.

“How're doing? I’m Anthony Broderick, your personal trainer." His voice was low, strong and clear. No one ever complained that he was hard to hear. "Laura told me you took care of all the paperwork already so we’re almost good to go. There are a few tests and questions I’m going to go through with you to assess where you are before we really dig in.” Anthony motioned for William to follow as he began moving towards one of the private rooms.

“You can follow me. We’re just going somewhere I little quieter and less distracting. Have you worked out before? Done any sports or training?”

The gym was overwhelming, not only as a place or an idea, its inhabitants didn't quite help William feel any better. Most of them were statuesque, and one would think that they had no reason whatsoever to be there, but William guessed that being there was the only way to keep such bodies in that shape after all. Where could he start? There was supposed to be a guide or something like that, even if he dreaded the idea of having someone tell him how fat and clumsy and weak he was, there was no way of facing this on his own.

Turning around to keep looking and perhaps even dare to ask someone, William almost stepped in another dude. Taller, stronger and older, William felt like he was shrinking into a soft pudding into his tracksuit. That was the man he would love to be, the kind of man that Susan would like. Tattoos, muscles, beard... the amount of things that man was and William wasn't was unending, and that just with an embarrassed glance. "Sorry-" he apologized meek before the superior specimen, but was interrupted by his deep and clear voice, even in that was William beaten.

"Ah, William. William Richards. Call me Will if you want" he muttered nervous, giving Anthony an awkward handshake. At least the trainer wasn't a woman, William doubted that he could endure that kind of treatment from a woman, being looked like the- "Test? Questions?" Will mumbled, his train of thought interrupted by Anthony's words. Of course he would have to answer questions and do some kind of test so the trainer would know where to start, thinking otherwise was foolish, but William still seemed displeased by the mere idea. Embarrassed he was trapped on being self conscious and that shame made harder for him to do anything to stop being self conscious.

"Yeah, quiet is good" he nodded, following him. At least that would save him the embarrassment of being judged in public. Maybe there was still time to fake an injury or sickness and flee from there. His phone was in the locker room with the rest of his stuff, so he couldn't fake an emergency call, that was for sure. His blue eyes looked dim, defeated as he dragged his feet while following Anthony. He had to try, for Susan. After all there was no way he would dare to approach her in such a way if he looked like that. Looking at Anthony's strong back and shoulder length chocolate hair, William was sure that a man like him could have any woman he wanted.

"No, no and no" William answered, short and shy. "Never done... anything active?" his weakness showing as he posed the answer like a question. "So I know nothing about... well, all of this" added, wanting to at least sound sociable, even if it felt awkward in a place that seemed alien to him.

• “Hm, okay. Will it is. ” Laura had it right about William. He clearly wasn’t happy to be here and William wondered what made him come. It was also hard to tell if the boy was nervous with the one word responses and soft, but strangely endearing voice, or it that was his default. He took a gulp of his smoothie, relishing the cold sliding down his throat as they entered into a large room with with concrete flooring, a mirrored wall, and glass wall. It had a treadmill on either side with monitoring nodes attached, exercise balls, mats, resistance bands, and a TRX set up in the corner. Against the windowed wall was a small desk with a computer and two chairs. Anthony sat down in front of the computer and tapped on the keyboard to wake up the screen.

“You can have a seat.” He nodded to the other chair that faced the mirror, putting Williams back to the outside of the gym although the mirror still allowed him to see.

“So no experience. That might actually work in your favor. It means you didn’t pick up bad exercising habits. The question portion also just got a lot shorter.” He grinned as he pulled up the assessment. “So tell me a little bit about yourself. What made you decide to come here today? What do you do on a daily basis? What do you hope to gain from this. I need to know some of what makes you tick.” While Anthony would eventually find out about his sleeping and eating habits, the most important thing was finding out how that person functioned on a daily basis and how he could incorporate a fitness schedule that William could realistically follow.

“Oh but before that, do you have any injuries I should know about? Any medical conditions? Nothing is too small or insignificant to note. We’re going to put you on the treadmill today so I don’t want you doing something that would be detrimental. Pain isn’t always bad, but I’m not trying to kill you here.” He joked. Logging into the computer, he pulled up the William’s profile so he could complete it before turning slightly to face the other. The floor was his.

Having the chance to really take him in, Anthony wondered if he’d ever been that unsure of himself at that age. While society saw Will as an adult at 21, it was clear the boy...well man hadn’t really grown into himself yet. Anthony knew quiet people, he was friends with a good number of them as they balanced out the extra energy he tended to exude, but they were all self assured. William wasn’t and Anthony didn't think it had to do with just his weight. Afterall, he wasn’t a bad looking dude. His facial features were clean, good bone structure, a straight nose, unlike his own which was ever so crooked from a fight some time ago -- a sudden reminder that he wasn’t always so stable.

William entered the room, following Anthony to see what else he had in store for him. He had been silent since he answered his questions, something that made William worry if he really would be able to do something there. Taking a seat when offered, it was unnerving to have his back to the rest of the gym, and even if the mirrored wall allowed him to see, it didn't do it any better, just distracting.

"Well, at least that is good..." a nervous laugh escaped William's lips as Anthony said that the test would be shorter and there were no bad exercising habits to root out. "Ah! That's... that's a bit personal, no?" William wondered when Anthony asked about his reasons to do it, feeling that if he revealed them Anthony would think he was silly and make him feel stupid. "I want to look better... for... for a girl" he confessed, too weak to resist. He knew that if he backed off then and there, he wouldn't be able to step in a gym ever again.

Before he could get into details about his daily life, Anthony asked about his medical condition. "Hahaha, yeah... pain..." Will laughed weakly at Anthony's joke, not sure about how much of it was an actual joke. "No, I did a checkup before coming here, almost hoping that the doctor forbid me from it due to having some kind of condition, but in fact he even cheered me up to do it..." he shared, sounding as if the doctor had betrayed his trust. "So besides being soft and weak and fat... no, I'm healthy" he said.

Another silence that unnerved William. He felt judged by Anthony, and could almost swear that some of the people out there had been looking at him, their glances reflected on the mirror, but every time he turned around, there was no one even paying attention.

• “It is personal. That’s exactly why I asked.” So it was for a girl. Anthony briefly wondered if they were dating and what sort of person she was. From the word “girl” and not “girlfriend,” he guessed it was some sort of crush, but he wouldn’t pry just yet. Afterall, he had months to find out if Will decided to come back. He learned back in his chair and folded his arms, his gaze unwavering as he stared a Will for a long moment.

“I know this is probably uncomfortable for you and that’s understandable, but over the course of this training, you can consider me the big brother you never wanted. I’m going to be there pushing you when you don’t feel like going, making sure you’re taking care of yourself and staying focused. I’m gonna be in your business Will.” He held up a finger. “And as a big brother, I’m not going to judge you for the reasons you decided to be here, or when you inevitably fuck up...and you will, it’s just human nature. I’m not going to spill your secrets to some stranger or even a close friend. I’m not that kind of person and I have no desire to be. So, I need you to trust me Will.” He leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees, bring his body closer to Will.

“I need to not be so worried about what other people are thinking or what you look like now. Worry about what I say and how you feel. Those are the only things that matter when you’re with me okay. So no need to be nervous.” He smiled slightly, trying his best to make the other less tense. With that he continued on with his questions. Anthony asked how many meals a day he ate, what kind of things he ate, what foods he liked, how long he slept and how often. Was he an early bird or a night owl? Did his internal temperature run hot or cold? Did he drink water? Was he stressed? What calmed him down? How much free time did he have and what were his extracurriculars? Would he be open to training at home or somewhere other than the gym and how long did he think it would take to reach his goal? He listened intently, typing answers when they were important and nodding where needed.

"Big brother?" William echoed in disbelief, with him being an only child he had no clue whatsoever to what such a thing was like. As Anthony explained his work ethics, the need for William to trust him he got closer, making William lean a bit back. His self confidence, his body, it was intimidating even if he didn't mean to. But he guessed it was good news after all, as not only Anthony wouldn't tell how bad Will was to anyone, but he also was making a mission out of him, keeping him focused and unable to run away from the task.

"Well, I feel horrible and worried, but I'll focus on what you tell me" William made another nervous joke joined by an unsteady laugh. The questions that followed were pure routine, but William didn't felt particularly proud of the answers he was honestly giving, seeing that he was really into unhealthy stuff.

"I basically eat whatever, whenever, between the studies and hobbies..." he scratched his blonde hair. "So lots of take out and microwave meals" he added, sighing. "Some days twice, others I eat small things along the day if I'm busy..." he shrugged, haven't thought about it until now. "Sleeping... out of schedule as well, but usually video games or exams keep me late..." William said, visibly embarrassed. "Look I'm open to changes, maybe this could be good for something else beyond... you know, her" he said. "I realize that I don't live in the healthiest way possible" another sigh ended his sentence.

Williams answers to the rest of the questions were as depressing as expected, as his water intake were mostly done in the form of sugary energy drinks that messed his sleep patterns. He was open to change, but he thought that it was going to take forever, if before he didn't hurt himself or grow too miserable and abandoned it. William was a smart guy, and naturally funny, but it was pretty clear that his habits ruined his self image, something that only served to make him delve deeper into said habits. At least he was smart enough to not have trouble with college, exams being easy for him in his own words. And since he deemed a boring nerd himself, Anthony didn't have to worry about him drinking alcohol or doing any kind of drugs, so that was a positive.

"So yeah..." he sighed. "Time to run?" William wondered, eyeing the treadmill like it was some kind of medieval torture implement.

• Anthony’s face fell at the mention of microwaved meals and he had to force himself not to shake his head in disappointment. If there was one thing he couldn't’ stand or even fathom was microwaved meals. It was packaged salt, which was insane considering they always tasted bland to him. He held his tongue until Will finished.

“So I’m going to tell you this now and you need to stop doing it from here on out. Don’t EVER buy another microwaved meal. Don’t even go down the aisle. They’re worse than fast food.” He stood up and gestured for William to follow as he came to the treadmill. “Everything else we can wean you off of, but that I need you to stop immediately. It’s shit in a package and there are way better options for someone with your lifestyle.”

Anthony patted the treadmill with a smile. “But we can discuss that more near the end. I need to you to hop on here so that I can capture a few things. He picked up a thin black band that was connected to the treadmill and wrapped it firmly around Will’s arm. “Now we’re going to start slow and work out way up. You’ll be on here for 10-15 minutes today but eventually we’re going to have you do 30 minutes of this as a warm up.”He turned on the treadmill and entered in Will’s height, weight, and age before selecting cardio as the exercise option.

‘Now I need you to talk while you’re doing this. It’s just to gage what your body’s limit is before it feel like it’s straining. I want to get you to where you can job without losing your breath.” He watched as the treadmill started running and forcing Will to move.

“So tell me more about yourself. What are you in school for? Does the girl you mentioned know that you like her?”

"But they are so fast and cheap and convenient..." William protested with a thread of his voice, feeling awful for having disappointed Anthony so much so soon and also wondering how much his life had to change because he stepped in that place. But in the end, even if it scared him, change was what he was there for, right? He wasn't so naive as to think that he could change his body without changing his habits, but a small part of him hoped that most of the changes would be slow and mostly keep within the walls of that place. How stupid he have been.

"I don't know how to cook" he added, as if that would serve as an excuse, but Anthony was generous enough to keep his chastising for later, split it even alongside the dreadful gym experience, as now was time to put him up to the test. "Thirty minutes running is a warm up?" William managed to ask, horrified, before the treadmill started to move and he had to keep up with it. "Well, this isn't so bad..." he muttered, seeing that he could keep the pace. Starting to move his body, it was soon obvious that his running form was all awkward and wrong.

"I'm all about computers and engineering" William started to answer, the conversation distracting him from the task. "It's where I excel, where I feel comfortable. It's calm and nuanced, I like it" he said, clearly showing a personal side of him. It was weird yet endearing how he talked so warmly of such a cold topic like computers. Knowing well that he could get tangled into a long and boring conversation in such a topic, he embraced the more personal question way more eager than he usually should.

"She doesn't know I like her. In fact, I don't think she even knows I exist" William confessed. "She's so bright and pretty, always surrounded by the hottest guys around with their smiles and their muscles and..." he noticed. "Kind of like you, but younger" he just blurted, soon noticing the words that got out of his mouth. "I don't mean that... I meant hot like you" he tried to fix it. Distracted by his conga line of social blunders, William was distracted about the exercise, not noticing how demanding it was to keep that pace for long even if it was slow. It wasn't like he was super fat and that made things more difficult, it was more of a matter of being totally and completely sedentary.

• “Sorry kid, but getting in shape is mostly about your diet. If you’re eating shit, you’re not going to get the results you want no matter how much you work out.” Anthony stood to the side and watched Will closely as he began walking, but listened as well. It didn’t take much time to see that the other had tight hips, weak abdominals and slouched shoulders all of it combining to make him look...odd at the brisk pace. He grinned at the warm up question. The horror evident in Will’s voice.

Yep, a warm up, but don’t worry, that’s all you’re going to do today.” He listened as Will continued on, impressed that he managed to find his passion early on. Despite the success Anthony had with personal training he was still three years young in the business. It made him wonder what he was going to do with that passion. It was clear he loved it with the way his voice changed. Anthony was surprised he didn’t talk more about it. The again, computers weren’t the reason he was there.

He wasn’t surprised the girl didn’t know about it. He Will had an answer from her, he probably would be there since it meant she either liked him for the way he was or she didn’t and he wouldn’t have a chance. Anthony’s brow rose when he called him hot and the other brow soon followed when he said younger. Most men didn’t call him hot unless they wanted to get personal in a different way, which he never minded. It was interesting hearing it from Will to say the least.

“So you’re calling me a hot old man, hm? If I didn’t know any better I’d say you were flirting.” He laughed good naturedly. “I can’t fault you for being honest.” He stepped up on the treadmil behind Will, straddled the edges and started working. “Keep moving okay, I’m going to fix a few things.” The first place he started was the shoulders, taking each side with his four fingers while his thumbs pressed firmly against his shoulder blades until his shoulders were pulled back slightly. “You want to keep your chest open while you’re doing this. It helps you breathe easier and corrects your posture. The way you stand and sit will lead to a lot of neck pain eventually if you don’t already have it.” He fingers felt along his spine as he walked, happy to not that it wasn’t too weak and his gait was fairly even. He then moved to the side and slowly cranked up the speed until he was in a full run. He wouldn’t fly off the machine but it wasn’t an easy pace.

“Okay so this pace sucks, I’m sure, but your form is perfect at this speed. You body will naturally revert back to perfect posture to keep you upright and balanced so that you don’t fall.” Anthony tapped his chest. “Your chest is open, your arms are moving correctly, “ He held his hand over Will’s thighs as they connected with each step. “Your legs are pumping up and down instead of dragging and you’re running on the balls of your feet instead of you heels. This is how you form should be when you’re or running.” Anthony turned down the pace until Will was at a light jog.

“I want you to try to maintain this form okay? Commit it to memory, because you’ll only be jogging and running here. The only time you get to walk is during the last 5 minutes to cool down.” Anthony checked the monitors to make sure Will was actually okay to continue on

“I’m going to keep you on here at this pace for 15 more minutes okay? I know it sucks, but this of it this way. When you get used to this, you can ask that “bright and pretty” girl you like to run with you. If she’s anything like you describe, I’m sure she does it anyway. The best way to someone’s heart is to take interest in the things they enjoy.”

"I just meant- everyone can see that-" William protested completely blushed until he noticed it was just a joke. He didn't like men, but Anthony being attractive was just a fact, like the color of the sky or the taste of sugar, it wasn't as he fancied him. He didn't like men. In his flustered state he didn't see Anthony's movements coming until his strong hands where on him. "Ah!" yelped in surprise. "Shoulders back, chest open" he said a couple times, consigning it to memory. His movements would be stiff until he was accustomed, but he rarely forgot things or steps about procedures. "Sometimes it hurts, yeah..." William admitted when Anthony brought out the neck pain. It wasn't terrible not often, but he wasn't intending on hiding it from him, as it would be counter productive. Considering the things he already confessed, talking about his posture or the occasional pains was nothing.

"Whoa- this is a warm up?" William questioned, having trouble to adapt to the running pace. He was sure that he wasn't going to last long like that, but Anthony was already admitting that it had to suck but at least complimented his form. It wasn't something to be specially proud of, as it felt like something natural, instinctive for everyone, but it felt good hearing something nice from him. Thankfully Anthony gradually lowered the speed a bit until it was lighter, but the damage was already done, and William was starting to gasp. "I'll try" he said, sounding a bit short of air, but keeping his running form.

"Fifteen minutes?" William sounded alarmed. "I don't think I can do either..." he admitted. "I don't want her to see me like this... to approach her... like just a friend" his voice echoed honest and sounded experienced, as William had felt the sting of being labeled as friendly from girls he fancied, as if they somehow knew that he couldn't aspire to anything more than that. "I don't think she likes videogames like I do, so I must... make the effort..." he added. Will kept running, not knowing how much time had passed yet nor how much was remaining. It was oh so tempting to grab into the side bars of the treadmill for support, but he kept soldiering on, maintaining form despite his troubles. "I... feel... like... burning..." he said, feeling the heat on his lungs, how his legs seemed to weight more and more with each step.

Back
Top Bottom