Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dropping in on a new life! (Distain and Shibby )

"Certainly I cant let you go off and get shot at the first day im healthy. " He smiled following after her some what like a puppy just wanting someone to talk to. She was easily the person he had became closest to mainly because she was teaching him french. "What will you have me do? " He smiled looking into her eyes as he caught them for a moment.

Elise looked at him and said "Today, well you'll be pretty useless without being able to fire a gun, maybe I should show you how to use one" she said to him walking down the hallway. She picked pulled opened a trap door and slid down into the room below. Down stairs were some crates with weapons and ammunition as well as some targets.

He followed her wanting to spend some time with her he was not going to tell her he had to spend several hours on the range every week when he was in the U.S air force. He would let her figure that out on her own. "You must not think very highly of my country giving such a nice rifle to me and not showing me how to use it. " He chuckled sanding here her smiling.

"Eh, lets see what you can do then" she said grinning and handing him a rifle to use. She smiled and sat on top of a near by crate and waited for him with a smile. She crossed her legs and smiled at him, watching.

Stephen took a few minuets to get used to where things where on the rifle he had never fired before. "This gun has no saftey!? " He laughed not finding he certainly would not be filling the gun any time soon he would leave the chamber empty if he ever carried one. He slipped 5 rounds into the magizine and knelt down into a shooters kneeling position. Taking a deep breath he began shooting quickly manipulating the bolt as he shot. He shot quickly wanting to test himself in what he was told was combat speed shooting as fast as he could aim.

Once he was done shooting he had placed all his rounds with in 2 inches of each other in the center of the target. None where perfect shots but the tight grouping ensure kills with every round. "How did i do? " He smiled laying the rifle down turning to face her as he came back up to stand facing her.

Elise watched as he fired. She smiled a little when he asked how he did. She grinned a little and said "You pass" she said with a smirk. She stood up and smiled at him and said "Bravo" with a grin on her face.

"Now i have a question for you. How limited is our movement around the city can i leave the grounds? " He smiled putting the rifle back where he had found it. He would stick to the one he had as long as he had bullets for it. Once done he putting it away he turned and smiled looking at her. "Perhaps you could show me around the town now that i no longer look like a wounded Pilot. "

Elise looked at him and said "I'm afraid we are very restricted. The Germans have patrols all over the city. The only time we really go out is at night to go on supply raids, to sabotage the Germans, things like that. The morning stroll will hae to wait to a later date" she said to him.

"Well that is going to be incredibly annoying i very much enjoy long walks with beautiful women. " He grumbled looking at her giving her a playful wink looking into her eyes smiling brightly. "So... Tell me how did a civilian become a leader?"

Elise looked at him and sat down on a crate. She looked at him and said "My father died in the first world war. My mother had been a nurse even before the war. They got married and had a child, me. Then my father was shipped off to the war, leaving my mother behind with me. After the war ended, mother never saw father again. When the Germans invaded France, my mother was killed when they bombed the hospital. All the lies she was trying to save were lost. Now I am alone. Annabelle had been training to be a doctor for as long as I can remember, she is my best friend. Her parents were also killed in the invasion. She sort of made our own little resistance group the two of us, stealing from the odd German once in awhile. Then the Free France forces saved us from certain death. The German solider we were stealing from this time cuaght us and had up against the wall ready to kill us, when suddenly it was he on the floor with the blood rushing out of him not us. We joined immediately. Eventually the group we were in split up and Annabelle and I were placed here. Every month or so we have meetings with the rest of the groups around our area to disscuss issues and future plans. Perhaps you should come to this months meeting" she said to him with a smile.

"Now I have my small group of people to watch over and we do our bit to free France" she told him.

"Not a very interesting story is it?" she asked him.

"Do you think you could find someone who could develop some photos? " He smiled almost coyly as he walked over putting his hand on her knee. "I think i have a way i can help you but i need some film developed before i go to that meeting. "He looked into her eyes feeling sad that she had lost so much to the Germans wishing he had killed more wishing he could have been there to shoot the bomber that killed her family.

Elise looked at him and said "Perhaps". She saw the look on his face and said "What exactly are you planning?" she asked him raising an eyebrow. She was curious to know why he wanted film.

"The plane i was shot down in was a spy plane. Before i jumped i took the film from the camera. It has hundreds of photos of German supply lines and bases from the coast to the border. " He smiled giving her knee a squeeze still looking into her eyes. "I am sorry to hear about your parents i should have told you that sooner. "

Elise looked at him as he spoke to her. "I see, I'm sure there is someone around here who could do it for us" she said with a nod. She looked at him when he said he was sorry to hear about her parents. She shrugged and said " don't worry about it. It happened a long time ago. I have moved on. There is no point dwelling on the past" she said with a smile."What maters is now and the future" she said.

He smiled looking at her wondering something but not certain if he should say it. "It seems that most of the women in your particular faction have paired off. Yet ... you seem to remain alone. Is that by choice, design, or chance?" He had been wanting to ask her if there was someone special out there waiting for her but he had never felt she was close enough to ask that. He still did not actually but his curiosity was to strong.

Elise looked at him and said "All those whom I have loved have been taken from me. If I stay closed I cannot be hurt again. A bit of a lonely defense mechanism but it works. Why do you ask?" she asked him. She looked down a little. She seemed to struggle to find the words before she said " I would rather live alone then suffer another loss" she told him

"Then you my dear are a fool" He looked into her eyes reaching up placing his palm against her cheek. "If you are going to live your life alone then why live. There are several sayings that pilots have my i have find one to ring true over all others. You die like you live. " He rubbed her cheek bone with his thumb smiling softly before pulling away. Deciding if she chose to live her life closed off he would allow her to do so.

Elise felt his hand on her cheek. She looked up at him as he spoke to her. She looked away a little and said "You only say that becouse you don't know how it feels" she told him. " Is it wrong for me to try to protect myself?" she asked him. For the first time, she actually looked quite sad.

"I saw 3 of my friends shot down. I watched my best friend in the world bury his plane into a field trying to do a maneuver i taught him. " He looked into her eyes shaking his head his hand patting her knee lightly. "I chose to continue to make friends and fall in love knowing they will die because i want do not want to die and feel that no one will weep for me when i am gone. "

She looked at him when he rubbed her knee and looked away for a moment and said "why do you care so much for me that you would worry about how I live my life?" she asked him.

"Its a pilot thing. When the planes take of you fly in groups of 2. Then man you fight with is called your wing man, your wing man is your life you do everything you can to protect them in the air and on the ground. You took such good care of me while i was injured i sort of adopted you as my wing man. " He blushed a bit at the fact he had sort of taken her on and wanted to make sure she came back okay. "As long as I am with you and breathing ... I will watch your back and keep you safe. "

Elise looked at him and she couldn't help but chuckle at his explanation. "Once a pilot, always a pilot I suppose" she said smiling. She then looked at him and said " Technically Annabelle should be your wing man. She the one that did most of the looking after. I was only watching her do it... but I don't think Adrien would appreciate it if you did" she told him.

"Annabelle did not teach me french... She did not help me dress. She did not treat me like you did. You besides Annabelle has a wing man. " He smiled winking at her giving her knee a light squeeze before moving to hop up next to her on the crate. "Now so do you. "

Elise smiled as he spoke to her. She chuckled when he said that she now had a wingman. " Well it seems I really have no choice but to accept, how could I refuse someone such as you" she said smiling.

"It has happened before both by wing-men and by women. " He chuckled softly bumping his shoulder into her lightly. He was very much enjoying having a place where they could just sit and talk and be undisturbed. "You said everyone... You did not lose Annabelle."He spoke softly glancing at her biting his lip clearly wanting to ask a question he knew he should not.

Back
Top Bottom