Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Batgirl Story Notes

dc_heroine_lover

Planetoid
Fade in.

EXT. GOTHAM CITY CEMETERY, AFTERNOON

We see a large cemetery full of head stones with a few trees scattered throughout the background. The sky is full of clouds, giving off a somber and regretful feeling. The focus is on the back of a headstone which we cannot see and a beautiful red head woman standing, reading the front of the head stone. She seems cold and bitter, like she has lost everything in her life. Her eyes are filled with hate and anger while her hair, pulled into a side sweep pony tail, flutters in the soft breeze. This is BARBARA GORDON, the daughter of Detective Jim Gordon. She is dressed like a casual mid-twenties female, wearing a coat to help shield her form the cool Gotham breeze. Slowly we focus on her as the camera gently zooms in.

Cutting to a car parked in the cemetery, we see a middle-aged man in a three-piece business suit step out of his car with a long trench coat on. He looks around the cemetery, like he is looking for someone. He has not been here in a while, and it shows that he does not like being here now. He turns and focuses his eye sight on something. This man is the Gotham City District Attorney, HARVEY DENT.

We see from a distance he is looking at Barbara Gordon, who has her back to him and has not noticed he is there yet.

Back to Harvey, he sighs out of disappointment before shutting his car door. He walks around the front of the car and starts toward Barbara.

Cut to Barbara looking at the head stone, we still cannot see the front of the grave. She is looking down at it as Harvey starts to walk toward from behind. He stops, pausing for a moment as he searches for what he should say to her. He is hurting, maybe even wishing this was someone he would never have seen again.

HARVEY DENT (disappointed)
I can’t believe you came back after all
these years.

Barbara stands silent for a few moments, but refuses to look over her shoulder to see who is behind her. She knows the voice, she knows exactly who he is.

BARBARA GORDON (cold, emotionless)
Someone must pay for his death.

Harvey closed his eyes and shook his head a time or two, knowing this situation was dangerous and going to lead to a lot of trouble for them both. He was desperate to take control of the situation, to talk some sense into Barbara but he also knew she was as stubborn as her father and this was likely not going to happen.

HARVEY DENT (concerned)
Why now?... It’s been five years and no one
has heard from you or seen you. Honestly, I thought
you had run off and put Gotham far behind you. Where
have you been?... Why are you back?

She remains cold as he talks, never breaking her stare from the grave stone. This stone means a lot to her, though it is hard to tell if it brings her pain or anger. It is hard to tell though if she welcomes Harvey’s company or not though.

BARBARA GORDON (slight hesitation)
You wouldn’t understand Harvey… No one would
but I’ve been looking for a way to get justice for him…
Preparing myself for what I have to do.

Quickly reacting to the words, Harvey finds her response chilling and foreshadowing. His eyes grow wide, realizing Barbara might be suicidal in this quest for justice. He starts to speak but stops, placing his hand on her shoulder like a loving father figure.

HARVEY DENT
Preparing for what Barbara?

Barbara turns quickly, snapping in an angry fit of rage as she looks into Harvey’s eyes now. She wants to say something, to lay blame on Harvey but she has matured enough not to do that.

BARBARA GORDON (angry)
To do what you won’t do… It’s been five years
and that son of a bitch is still running the streets.
How many more people would be alive today if
you would have just arrested him years ago when
he did this?... I mean damn it Harvey, he was your
best friend but you did nothing.

HARVEY DENT (defensive)
I did nothing?... Listen to yourself right now, you
sound like a little child upset she did not get her
way… You know I tried everything to throw him
in the deepest darkest hole I could find but he
has control of this city… I did all I could do.

BARBARA GORDON (insulted)
All you could do… really? All you could do? How
about buy a gun and take care of him yourself or
have him arrested for some crime and hold him
until you could build a bigger case against him.
You could have done a lot more but you didn’t.

HARVEY DENT (trying to be reasonable)
Listen to yourself Barbara… you’re suggesting
I grab a gun and go kill the man? No one even
knows who Black Mask is so where do I start?
Make a suicide run at him while he is surrounded
by all his muscle? I’d never get close before they
filled me full of lead.

BARBARA GORDON (turning back to the grave)
I’m going to do what you won’t then… No matter
what it takes… I’m going to bring my father’s killer
to justice, eye for an eye.

HARVEY DENT
That’s what this is all about, revenge? What are
you going to do, shoot him dead? You sound like
a little girl throwing a temper tamprun. You are
going to be laying right beside him or worse Barb.

BARBARA GORDON (going cold again)
No… this is about doing what needs to be done
in my father’s name and for everyone else who
has died at the hands of that murdering psychopath
in this damn turf war?

HARVEY DENT
It’s not going to be that easy anymore… The turf war
is over. Black Mask has united all the mob families in
the city.

BARBARA GORDON (sarcastically laughing)
And how the hell did he manage to do that?
Kill Falcone and Maroni?... This just gets better
by the second.

HARVEY DENT (pleading)
Please Barbara… leave Gotham and go make a life
somewhere else. You’re so smart and beautiful, you
don’t need to hold on to this grudge… It’s going to
get you killed and I… I couldn’t handle that.

BARBARA GORDON
I’m not going to stop until I destroy everything he
has worked so hard to build… And I do not care who
gets in my way… The mayor, GCPD… the devil himself.

Barbara cold turns, walking away from the grave without ever turning back to give it a second glance as she fades into the distance with Harvey watching her helplessly. He turns, running his hand over his face in disgust knowing she will get herself killed.

Harvey sighed as he looked down at the grave, shaking his head. He had failed, at least in his mind, at being the father he promised her would be for Barbara.

HARVEY DENT
I’m sorry Jim… I’m trying but I don’t know what to do.

We finally see the grave, the front of it and whose name is on it. It is shocking, presenting so many questions we need to have answered. How did this happen? Where was Batman? Who did it? The name on the headstone, the man buried six feet down is Detective James Gordon. How did Gotham’s greatest cop end up dead in the ground five years ago?

Fade To.

INT. HIGHRISE OFFICE, NIGHT

HOLLY ROBINSON (agonizing scream, off screen)
AAAAARRRRRHHHHHHHH!

The sound of a drill BUZZING can be heard. We see the feet of a man dressed in a very high priced white business suit that is stained with blood splatters in random places. We are in a very high-priced office with fancy carpet covered with sheets of plastic to keep blood from staining the white carpet. We can see the feet of a young woman, she is restrained to the wall with her legs spread apart by restraints that are bolted to the wall. We are given the impression he is torturing her with the drill. The buzzing sound continues for a few seconds as we see her jerk and shake in pain. Finally, the drill stops.

We cut to an angle where we can see a close of up the villain, his mid chest up to his face. He has on a black button shirt with the top few buttons undone. He has blood splattered on the shirt just like the pants. He is a white man, but we cannot see his face. It is hidden by a black mask, in the shape of a skull but painted a dark black. He has broad shoulders, obviously well-built as if he works out often. This is the evil, psychopathic mob boss, THE BLACK MASK. If we could see behind the mask, there would be a sick twisted smile as he takes pleasure from torturing this young girl with a power drill. Behind him is his office, every single piece of furniture or decoration was a sign of money and power.

We see a quick image of Black Mask tossing the drill onto the ground, watching it bounce. It is covered in blood, the drill bit an instrument of pain and destruction.

Cut to Black Mask walking back to his desk, stopping to pick up a rag which he starts to wipe the blood from his hands and arms. His shirt sleeves are rolled up to his elbows and his shirt is tucked into his pants with a black belt. He cleans his hands off for a few moments.

We cut to the young girl restrained to the wall. She has short blond hair and is stripped naked. Her hands are spread apart and restrained above her head. She was young, probably upper teens with a fit body and perky breasts. Her body was shaved clean from her neck down as if she had been prepared for a date whenever this mad man got his hands on her. Her head was hanging down however, she was barely hanging on to life as her body was covered in blood which makes it hard to tell much more about her physical appearance. There seems to be small wounds all over her as she nears bleeding to death. This poor girl is hard to look out, a victim to a sick man’s actions. This young girl is HOLLY ROBINSON, the comic book best friend of Selina Kyle.

We get another close up of Black Mask’s face with Holly hanging in the back ground and the drill at her feet. The floor is covered with blood as well. When Black Mask starts to speak, the mouth piece of the mask does not move since it is solid. His voice simply carries out through it.

THE BLACK MASK (cold, vicious)
Where is Selina?... Tell me I’ll let you go home.

HOLLY ROBINSON (painful, struggling to speak)
I… don’t… know…

THE BLACK MASK (insulted)
ha!

Black Mask slowly walks back to Holly, looking over her body for a few moments before grabbing her hair and jerking her head up violently so he can see the agonizing pain in her eyes mixed with paralyzing fear. She still feared this man, she still feared death. He pauses for a moment, letting her stare into his eyes again like he was the devil himself and she was trapped in her own personal Hell. Without warning, he open hand slaps her across the face. The loud POP of the slap fills the office, her head is whipped to the right as blood and spit fly from her mouth.

THE BLACK MASK (screaming, uncontrollable anger)
You still insist on protecting that stupid whore...
Do you have a death wish or something? What
did she ever do for you rather than abandon you
to die at my hands.

Holly turns her head back to face Black Mask, her strength and life both dwindling on edge. His hand print still lights up her cheek as her trembling body hangs before him. Her eyes meet his, and her mouth opens as if she is going to spill the beans.

HOLLY ROBINSON
Fuck… you…

She spits blood onto his mask, a last sign of defiance from the young girl against her torturer. She even cracks a slight smile as she looks at him which sends his anger boiling over. He back hands her as hard as he can hit someone, her head snapping sideways like it had been hit by a train.

THE BLACK MASK
Then hang there and fucking suffer you stupid
fucking cunt! When I find her, I’m going to…?

Black Mask suddenly stops, as if he realized he was losing control of himself and wanted to calm down. He turns away from her, closing his eyes as he takes a deep breath. He thinks for a moment about his next move, should he kill her or do something else. He glances over his shoulder at her; he knows she is dead but he wanted to send a message now.

Black Mask turned to face her again, taking his time as he knelt in front of her and releases her right ankle from the restraint. It falls from the wall, dangling and reaching for the floor to support her beaten body.

His hands move to the left ankle restraint, fumbling with it as he unlocks it. Her feet fall together, her toes rubbing the ground but she is still being held up by her arms. There is not much movement but more of a dangling swing as her legs almost seem limp.

Black Mask stands, looking Holly straight into her eyes as if he is mocking her while he reaches up and starts to remove the restraint from her left wrist as she struggles to just raise her head enough to see him standing before her.

HOLLY ROBINSON
What… are… you… doing?

Black Mask steps back as her left arm falls free, laughing like he is taunting her as she hangs from her right wrist. Her feet finally find the floor as all her weight is pulling against her right shoulder.

We see a view of Holly hanging from the wall, it is a throwback to a panel from this scene in a Catwoman comic where (Stephanie Brown in the comic) Holly is hanging. Her right arm is stretched straight up, the restraint digging into her wrist. Her body is limp, her legs against the ground and spread shoulder length apart while her left-hand dangles behind her a little. Her head is hung backwards, where we can see more of her neck than body. We hold this image for a few moments, letting the comic book fans soak up the image straight from the comics.

Black Mask stares at her, debating once again whether to kill her or not before pulling a pistol from the back of his pants. He aims it toward her in a single quick reaction and fires the gun. A loud BOOM fills the room as we see the fire spit from the barrel. Oh my God, he just killed the poor girl is what we are believe. He lowers the gun, in no hurry as smoke rolls out of the barrel.

Cut back, we see Holly laying on the ground. She is on all fours, free from the restraints it seems although the right wrist is still within the restrain but the chain seems to have been cut in half. This is what Black Mask must have shot.

We see a bullet hole in the wall where he shot, the chain from the restrain blown in half in front of the hold.

Black Mask turns to walk back to his desk, sitting down in his chair while laying the pistol on his desk.

THE BLACK MASK (calm)
Go on… get the hell out of here before I
change my mind… But tell Selina, she’s next.

Holly starts to crawl across the floor, the plastic ruffling beneath her very slow and painful movements. Her has tears of pain in her face, but the promise of freedom gives her hope. She crawls, like a soldier in the mud across the floor. She moves slowly, each move seemingly taking every ounce of strength she has.

HOLLY ROBINSON (crawling)
aaaaaawwwwwwhhhhh!

We focus on the pain in her face, the hell she has been put through. It makes us want to cry, breaks our heart. How dare someone like Black Mask do this to a young innocent girl. Which each move she makes, we want to hate Black Mask more and more. What could she, or Selina, have done to deserve this?

Black Mask watches from his desk, a smug look through his eyes. It was certainly out of his character to let someone go or was he just playing games with her. We cannot tell, but he was certainly proud of everything he had done to Holly.

Holly reaches the door, reaching up with her trembling hand and grabbing hold of the door knob. She slowly pulls herself to her knees with Black Mask watching in the back ground from his desk. She opens the door, barely having the strength to do so from her knees.

BOOM! We hear without warning, another shot from the pistol Black Mask was holding as a bullet ripped through her left shoulder.

HOLLY ROBINSON (agony)
Awh!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! We hear four more shots as we see her from in front of her on her knees while she still holds the door knob, the bullets entering her body through her back one right after another. This was certainly the death blow, and the promise of freedom was just one last twisted game by Black Mask.

We get a close-up of Holly’s eyes, the pain and fear in them as the life leaves them. She falls forward, out of the shot as we see Black Mask standing at his desk with his arm extended out and the smoking barrel of the gun pointed toward the camera.

From above, we see one last shot of Holly’s dead body. It is another panel taken straight out of the same Catwoman comic book. She lays on her back, her head laid to the left with her hair beneath it. Her right hand is curled up beside her head, the wrist bent down and rubbing her head. Her hips are twisted to the right, her right leg laying over the left. At least her suffering is over we are meant to know as the camera slowly zooms out.​

Fade out.​

Back
Top Bottom