Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[interest check] All Out Dog Fight: Play time!

Viktoff Samson

Supernova
All Out Dog Fight isn't intended to be a fandom roleplay and none of its features were directly inspired by any sort of anime or television show or book. If the name is similar to something else, it is a coincidence as I wanted to come up with a title that is a little different. A failure could have happened and the name or details of the rp might accidentally borrow something here or there. Before delving deeper into the details of this potential group rp, I must ask you to avoid naming a character after or borrowing large parts of their personality from already established and popular fandom characters (Examples: Naruto, The Winchesters, Superman, etc). That said, it obviously isn't practical to say you can't have a character whose conception was inspired by a few popular fandom characters, completely unique characters are hard as a strong and bold character would traditionally follow human myths and legends anyway.

Back to the concept: In a modern day Earth setting that would almost perfectly mirror our own, a singular detail would morph this reflection significantly. Mysterious and glowing matter has descended upon Earth's satellites and forced them to crash onto the planet, or the parts of them that would survive the descent. It would appear that the strange phantom force would defy laws of physics as it generously expanded or shrunk, materialized into solid objects or fly through walls as though it were a radio signal. Disturbances render cell service unreliable and common internet/television companies fail to provide to their customers. And these oddities seem to be the tip of the iceberg.

What would appear to be random human individuals are quickly enveloped by this curious energy until it fades away, leaving them unscathed and unchanged. Well, unchanged at first. Within a month, this phenomenon would evaporate. No more ghost-like living matter floating about, communications for phones, television and internet providers return to normal, and the planet continues to spin with the same mundane problems it had before. All that appears to remain would be the questions of the conflicted and curious, compounded by the "answers" of the tin foil hat wearers or cultists alike. Governments remain silent as they refuse to admit their complete lack of understanding of such an event.

That is, until the first person enveloped by the strange matter would be hit by a stray car evading the cops. The announcement of Theo Harper's death didn't include any details other than his name, time of death and cause. Suddenly, Theo would sit up in the cold room where his body was being prepared for an open casket funeral. His wounds from the autopsy were healed over and his body completely rejuvenated, but those wouldn't send the woman overlooking his body onto the floor in shock. Theo levitated above his death bed by just a few inches. Before she'd come to terms with it, he fled.

Theo was confident he was alive, he wasn't some shambling dead body hungering for brains. But, he could fly. None of this made any sense. Within a few more days, the untimely deaths of more young adults would come. Just like Theo, they had an encounter with the bizarre phantom force just a month prior, and their deaths weren't so permanent. They also appeared to be completely alive, one seemed possess awe-inspiring strength, another could see through walls. Defying what would appear to be the "real world", it would seem that super powers were suddenly a reality. But, these folk didn't have epic pasts that explained their new found powers. They weren't the last of their alien race, or Bitten by a radioactive spider. They didn't seem to be capable of more than one oddly specific ability either. Besides for a strange inability to die, that is. A gift for some, a curse for others.

Although they didn't seem to have a different personality, they cared about the same things they did before, acted like they did before. An unexplainable urge to be free and test their new ability would be unmistakable. Some ethereal signal would sing out to them. They were to fight each other and grow more powerful. This wasn't a request, not simply a demand. The urge couldn't be struggled with and the excitement tied to it would drive these individuals forward to embrace it.

Unlike comic heroes, the urge to commit crime would swiftly be overtaken by this newfound instinct to grow, to fight. Without super-villains, there wasn't a need for heroes. While the cops wouldn't excuse this behavior, and world governments probably won't be making travel any easier for this super powered and seemingly un-kill-able young adults, they'd find their way out into the open.

While some would pursue their insatiable instinct in hiding, others might revel in a growing level of popularity and stardom. The internet would provide obscenely curious normal humans a platform to document these fights and even start taking count of score while escalating some of these powered freaks to likely unwanted stardom.

As they fight, each win would seem to make a fighter stronger until their power becomes sharpened or increases in it's usability or they might claim a new ability all together. While they wouldn't lose their innately human characteristics, it may appear that they the quickly leaving the dreaded human condition behind them. Mortality was going out of style.

>End long-winded summery<
I have some plot planned and the general rules/character apps written up.
To sum up what I'd expect for rules to include would be: I've almost no intention to decline an applicant on the basis of not liking a kink. That's probably not cool. General theme is expected to be followed, so apps including ancient fairy goddesses from mars, or talking dogs that fly and are from the future... Probably won't be accepted. Everyone only starts with one ability and the app structure will have fields to include what they'd eventually have as the story goes on and they would grow. Inspiration for your character would be expected to be explained. And there is certainly more!

I don't want to write up much more until I know if there is any interest for this! If you gave this whole thing a read over, let me know!! Post here with any sort of proclamation of interest, or maybe even just general ideas or suggestions!

In my mind, this would be a large project. Before moving into an OOC and profile thread stage, I'd very much like about 4-5 interested writers to post their interest below and maybe about two candidates to work with me on some overall plot structure/potentially an overall bad guy to help bring context to the more alien-esq of the mysterious phantom-like force/matter.

Thank you for your time!!

I'll give this a week without saying anything. If nobody posts interest in that time, then I suppose it would be save to assume that the idea wasn't good.

Or that group rp is dying as a section. My money is on the first one, though.

Well your ideas are good. But you have a habit of getting sulky and abandoning them Viktoff. How will this one be different?

Zeth said:
Well your ideas are good. But you have a habit of getting sulky and abandoning them Viktoff. How will this one be different?

That's a totally fair point. Considering my last post, I imagine that I wasn't giving any reason to believe this one would any different. Deadlines are important, and a whole week without a word wouldn't be insignificant. Not trying to be a pouty loser like I was during the OOC for designer souls. To be fair, though, I never actually abandoned that one either. Lol.

Nah, but, I'm in a totally better place now. But, I can't ask you to just trust me. I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to risk the same cruddy situation as before. It'd just be the coolest thing if I could get a second chance to show that I can do better.

So...I assume this never caught on? Well if you see this sir I would not mind talking over Pm about a 1x1 idea? Maybe a bit less on the fighting and more on the idea of survival from those who might hunt them [Government and such] while trying to discover what they are...and what they are to become.

Back
Top Bottom