Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Frustrations

RoleplayMaster

Supernova
If this is in the wrong area, feel free to move it. I just wanted to rant a little bit over some frustrations I am having.

Roleplay is a thing I have loved doing ever since I discovered it. It allows me to ignore whatever shit thing is going on in my real life, and just immerse myself in a different life that is so much better. Over time, I've gathered different kinks, interests, skills, and so on. All in all, I see myself as a decent writer, that goes for quality over quantity (couple of paragraphs).

Looking at me from an outside perspective, I can see I have some issues. Due to my need to escape reality, I am clingy at times. And sometimes if a partner writes something that doesn't seem right, it ruins my immersion, as well as ruins my interest in the RP, either for a brief time or it completely makes me stop.

Despite my issues, I still think I'm a good writer, and a good partner. So it feels so frustrating to me when potential partners don't show the same respect that I try to have. I'll write an intro, and 20% of the time, I will never get a response. I'll write a post in a RP, and then find out that I'm blocked without an explanation as to why. Or I'll explain my issues with a RP, and then find out that my partner loved the RP so much that I'm suddenly a bad guy for even mentioning the idea that it needs to change.

Now, this isn't made to insult or shame people. It's just frustrating that this is something I love doing, yet I can't RP with 50% of the site thanks to them only playing things I'm not into, a further 30% don't appeal to me in terms of post length or quality, and another 10% are previous partners that have grown bored of me. That leaves me with 10% of the site, some of which are completely new members to the forum that may leave the website within a week.

Now, other than to get my thoughts out of my head and rant a little, I guess my aim for this post is to request that for all of you, consider the other person a bit more. Did they do something wrong? Tell them. Think of how much you love some of your RPs, and then think of how you would feel if they were suddenly taken away.

Rant over, feel free to hate me. I'll probably regret this post in a few hours time.

I totally feel where you're coming from. You put so much time and effort and you are just blown off.

Oh my do I know how you feel

My kinks are about as exotic as it gets so my only hope is to find someone who either doesn't care or someone who focuses on certain aspects with me. That's not to say that I'm not fond of compromises but the sheer wtf that makes up my kinks does make it hard for people to even consider me as a partner even if they don't have to fulfill even a third of the kink requirements.

That and I'm not particularly good at request threads but looking at the competition I still seem to be doing splendidly.

And the partners I do get leave most of the time. For about the last year I've had about three partners real normal partners, another two on indefinite hiatus, 4 that left the site, 1 that left after two posts and I think blocked me since tracking doesn't register them reading anything and dozens of pestering oneliners from people I've already said no to about 3 times.

Back
Top Bottom