Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is this torture or fun? An Idiot's Journal of his vacation. Comments please

Blazorna

At parity with pears...
Well, I should have done this sooner, but wanted to do something since I'm not deprived from the net like originally thought. This isn't going to be long, and I will chronicle the highlights of the days, starting with Days 1 and 2 as a short recap

Day1: Flight was set way later than thought. Finally arriving the airport did things where I had to wait so I could wait in a long ass line. Waitception much? Didn't fly for like 16 years so I was nervous. Plane had a lot of turbulence so it was very shaky, plus my fear of heights. I finally reached my destination safely, physically. I swear, I am traumatized.

Day2: Lazed around for most of the day. Evening came and I went to my cousin's graduation. my thoughts were only regarding the principal's name. Oh and it was HOT.

update soon

Day 3: Didn't sleep too well last night. It's way hotter than what I'm used to. More relatives came in today, having the house where I'm staying at become very, very crowded. 13 people more than enough? Also went out and about with my cousins, and went to a comic book shop. As a result, MY SANITY IS SAVED!!! Did I mention it was hot? Not even being in a pool saved me from the hell that is known as a hot southern day. As I'm typing this three things come to mind. First is that so far I'm not as miserable as I expected, flying trauma aside. Secondly, my Uncle, who I was fearing would just do whatever he wished wihout other's consideration isn't as gungho as I expected. And finally, I am going to have nightmares as I realize I'm going to be flying back home. Well, just four days to go. Here's to not becoming extra crispy yet!

Day 4: Surprisingly another lazy day again. Most that really happened was going bowling with my cousins. One of them is leaving later, but it can't be helped. We all have lives and jobs after all. Fuck...Gotta get back to the grindstone myself when I get back home. And I am halfway through now with my vacation. Now, where's the damn vodka?!

Day 5: It was cleaning hell. I was unwillingly drafted to clean the pool by myself, then I had to help with yard work, followed by many other chores. Think I got a damn sunburn. It was to prepare for my cousin's graduation party, but god damn it... My body aches from all that manual labor. And it was fucking hot again. Every single time I thought I can relax, I am then called for another thing. I'm tired, but don't feel like sleeping. Can I drink the Vodka again?

Day 6: I was reminded why I hate kids. Today was that Graduation party, and I was a freaking fish out of wather the whole day. Aside from being dragged out to the pool, I practically did nothing much aside from browsing the internet, talking with my grandma, and roleplaying here . but damn three year olds just kept trying to get into my stuff. It's things like this that make me want to become sterilized. I want the vodka to ease my stress a bit, but there's none around. FUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKK!!!

FINAL DAY: Well, never in my whole entire life did boredom be so bad like it is today. My phone battery was out of juice, had no handheld gaming system on me, surrounded by religious figures left and right for a good chunk of the day, all devoid from the internet or anything else I'd enjoy. Sleep was my best form of entertainment during that time... I am not doing a vodka joke here, because it'd make me appear as an alcoholic,which I'm not. That and I'm still too bitter with today's events to make fun of myself... I'm leaving for home tomorrow, so at least I'll be able to return to my normal lifestyle. I am not looking forward to the fucking plane.

Overall, this trip has been mediocre, and I wonder if I would have spent it better instead at my job. It was nice to meet my relatives and all that, but between flying and the heat, I honestly was more miserable than expected.

Seriously, I'd like to hear your thoughts here, as with any general advice for traveling in general to make it more enjoyable. Enough of my bellyaching, and thanks for taking your time to read this little journal of mine.

Back
Top Bottom