Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The St. Anne (OOC)

I like the idea of Thomyris being targeted as well. Give the cute unassuming one a chance to catch hell and see just how hard her crew will fight for her.

I also like the "target" idea you have for the Header Benny, a group of 8 is a fairly large gather of writers in one story and that could help clarify things for everyone when the group is all together in one general area.

Actually I had some ideas about that. While it would be kinda funny to RP somebody relaxing at a beach all day, it's boring in the context of a group RP. I was thinking he'd try to board a shuttle down to the planet only to find out somebody bombed the shuttleport at the beach. From there though I'm kinda drawing a blank, either having a heavily augmented person that fits Mateo's description vaguely being in responsible for it and Mateo ending up in police custody or just being bummed that he can't go to the beach and getting involved with somebody else's plotline.

We have one big shuttle, the Annie.

We have some small, open boats that can get us around in limited distances about the St. Anne but they are not long range, are more or less just to move us in EVA, and are not atmosphere capable. They're not even pressurized. They can help push or pull cargo about in zero-g or deliver crew members to spots on or around the hull.

And...I'll tell you the rest in my next post.

nothingbutspacejunk said:
Actually I had some ideas about that. While it would be kinda funny to RP somebody relaxing at a beach all day, it's boring in the context of a group RP. I was thinking he'd try to board a shuttle down to the planet only to find out somebody bombed the shuttleport at the beach. From there though I'm kinda drawing a blank, either having a heavily augmented person that fits Mateo's description vaguely being in responsible for it and Mateo ending up in police custody or just being bummed that he can't go to the beach and getting involved with somebody else's plotline.

Either would work and are good ideas. Let's keep this in mind as we continue to plot!

Y'all are soooo amazing. Do you see how we'e all building this and talking and just generally getting along? Love it!

Is there a way to combine the two?

Is it possible to use Mateo as bait to draw others in with the eye to getting to Thomyris? Or to nab him and use him to get Thomyris traded in exchange so they can collect their bounty on her?

Rock, Paper, Scissors you for it? I'm up for it either way! Whichever plot we don't do we can always do next time!

AnnaBeth Belle said:
Is there a way to combine the two?

Is it possible to use Mateo as bait to draw others in with the eye to getting to Thomyris? Or to nab him and use him to get Thomyris traded in exchange so they can collect their bounty on her?
Or this. Nothing will terrify Ris more than being sold up by her own crew. She'll think it a betrayal. Then of course they can all surprise her by flipping the entire exchange and rescuing her and Mateo.

I'm also in agreement with the combined plot, an attack on two fronts to try and drive a wedge between the crew mates only for it to ultimately blow up in their faces.

"...carnival of horrors..."

OMG that's perfect, gangbanggirl!

I'm off to bed-ish you hooligans. :) I may have had some wine and may need to be up supes early. Looking forward to seeing y'all first thing tomorrow!

Yikes, things moved right along while I was busy stealing everyone else's header.

I like the Thomyris on the run idea. Nothing brings people together like a little bloodshed. If we don't want Mateo mixed up in his own subplot then Serena will happily drag him along with her.

On the 'where the hell am I?' moments front, I think it would be funny if the timing worked out so that Serena was already wherever the fight started, having passed out there while chasing her high.

Have yourself a good night Captain Beth! We can speak and plot tomorrow about setting up the plot and context for Thomyris being pursued by authorities and having Mateo mixed in and all if nothingbutspacejunk is agreeable. Have a day off from work so I'm willing to put in some extra mileage for this.

Haha gangbanggirl that would be tear jerking hilarious if that happened. Still hallucinating perhaps from whatever she consumed, around all that gunfire and screaming? :p

I'm looking forward to the carnage that Donovan will be able to unleash on those poor bastards. He isn't all that fond of police types, and even less so of anyone that messes with his crew mates.

What really makes this idea plausible is the time frame we have already put in place. After a week docked, all hands moving those lambs it would make sense that the crews faces have been seen around and it wouldn't take much for someone to spot Thomyris and find out what ship she is working on. Their biggest mistake will be them not doing proper research on the rest of the St. Anne's crew.

I'm definitely down for the plots being combined. I'm free to talk for the rest of the night if you wanna try and work out some specifics.

I was thinking more hungover, pissed off, and severely underdressed for a firefight. Serena doesn't carry a weapon so she'd have to find creative ways to contribute until she got one.

MC only has some knives, maybe she should at least pick up a fighting blade besides the katana. She knows martial arts but she is no Colleen Wing . ( I would have used her for a FC if I could have found a pic of her in a chef uni lol. )

I feel like ruining Elaine's day by having her find a nice girl, get a little drunk, to to the hotel, start having a nice romp...and then receive a frantic call about someone getting kidnapped and starting a firefight. Hey Cap, does the Annie have guns? Because after an interruption like that Elaine would definitrly be in a 'no kill like overkill' mindset.

I believe the weapons are locked in armouries of which only the Captain can unlock via remote access. I may be wrong but Anna will know and will probably share tomorrow. Each crew only has the weapons they brought with them. So poor Ris with just a knife is going to be easy prey for any copper or debt collector with a gun.

Elaine's always got her pistol when she heads planetside. I was more asking about vehicular weaponry.

Y'all were so productive! What wonderful ideas.

The Annie (the ship's shuttle) does not mount weapons nor does the St. Anne. The St. Anne has a mount but it is currently bare. Each crew member may have a reasonable weapon, and thus far Iona does not make an issue of them having them shipboard - but that may explain why she always carries a sidearm herself. For general use and protection of the ship if something does happen, the St. Anne has two small arms lockers - one on the bridge and one in the engineering spaces. Nothing fancy; sidearms similar to her shard pistol and rifles in the same vein. They will strictly be anti-personnel and not capable of penetrating bulkheads or the hull, but could pierce a hard suit. There will also be rations, suits, medical gear, and other 'just in case' items stashed in them.

If any of you want to rewrite your background and gear, I'm okay with that. This is not a rules heavy game and we're just figuring ourselves out so I won't consider it deus ex machina.

To keep us going IC, Benny you and I will continue to write our bit about getting stationside and beginning to look for our next cargo.

Planetside people, get your boots on the ground and begin to set up the situations where the people after Thomyris nab one of you as leverage. We won't have to immediately move into it, and I know several of you had ideas where you want to be when it goes down. And I love them!!!

Any of you feel free to foreshadow things by writing in snippets the viewers of the story might see from the Bad Guys but let's not put them into confrontation until we're all ready. For example.

Iona paused to examine some stheen-fruit, the fat globular clusters resembling pink Terran grapes produced an aromatic scent that made her mouth water at the anticipation of their uniquely tangy taste. "Ever eaten these?" she turned to ask Thomyris, both of their profiles visible for a moment.

Across the corridor, half-hidden by a rack of shipsuits for sale, a man brought the cylindrical form of a palm comm to his mouth. "I've got eyes on the target. Level 9, outward. ID confirmed."

And so on. It doesn't even have to be that long.

A note on post length.

There isn't one. :)

While we all want rich, wonderful posts sometimes to keep the story moving we need a shorter one. That's okay. This is a group story and lots of dialogue and shorter interactions may take place to keep things flowing. It won't be the norm and I know I'm going to still write some decently juicy paragraphs, but if it happens it happens and no one cares. I hope anyway.

Everyone has been really good about leaving hooks and responses to follow on for each other. Thank you!!! But if you need a closed post to explore your character or really show us a scene, that's fine too.

Donovan and Sonakshi can do so, or hitch a ride on a passing boat off another ship as you two prefer. I have different plans to get there for Iona and Thomyris.

Alright, Sigr and I will work something out to get to the station.

Do I sense a space walk for the two of your coming up soon? That's the feeling I get for some reason and I kinda like the idea.

Back
Top Bottom