Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The St. Anne (OOC)

So I was thinking MC might have just been hired on the station to replace the old cook who was terrible and also stealing , not to mention he smelled. In which case I would just be reporting to the ship and whoever was on board. Thoughts?

I was in a fit of jittery excitement when writing my post and you only are to blame for the inspiration, Captain! Thank you for the wonderful premise! Riz is just someone trying to hide herself in her work.

Yay for no more smelly cook. Probably leaked into the food a little heh.

I found your post to be great, and I love the way you write your character, then almost obsessive nature of how she needs her galley to be in spotless, working order speaks loudly to me as a person with over 6 years working experience in kitchens and a lifetime in my own/families kitchens.

We have eight RPers, don't we? Does that not qualify us for our own sub-board for the group RP?

Hitting on the new girl - check

Hypocritically condemning the old chef for being a creep - also check.

Just try not to get to far ahead of the rest of the pack really. There will be times where we break off into little sub groups to do our own things, just try to keep a time flow with everyone else.

Creeping out the crew. Check on at least two of them. I'm working on the rest of you though. I promise.

I'll be posting again as soon as I figure out if the good Doctor is taking Thomyris or Donovan. If Donovan goes I think I will have him sit beside Elaine, she seems to be the friendly sort.

I'd be happy either way, to have Thomyris go with the Doctor, with the Captain, or simply stay on the ship.

Again, willing to play antagonists on the station if its needed as well.

I'd also remind you that one of your shipboard mercenaries is already on the shuttle and has offered to play delivery girl.

And I stole megyn's color for the link idea. You're so good at that!

Okay, so a quick recap.

Iona is taking Thomyris with her somewhere but hasn't specified where yet.

Donovan has been ordered to accompany the Doctor on a mission to gather painkillers. They haven't specified if they are going planetside or stationside.

Going Planetside:
Serena
Mateo
Elaine (piloting the Annie)
Jin-lai

Rough story elements and plot nuggets.

Donovan and Khan are looking for pharmaceuticals. They could meet legitimate vendors, shady dealers, or outright criminals in this endeavor.

Mateo is looking forward to time on the beach. Who's going to do his daily checkups?

Serena is looking forward to some recreational pharmaceuticals. Always potential there for nefarious bits, 'where the hell am I' moments, or just general fun.

Elaine's looking for a 'What's a nice girl like you doing in a dive like this?' moment and a damn fine martini.

Jin-lai is stretching her legs with the crew on the shuttle and getting to know them better on her way to shop the local markets to improve the quality of tucker in the galley.

Iona is looking for the next cargo and intends to take Thomyris along to begin to teach her a little more about the space trade business.

Now given our, ahem, colorful backgrounds there are any number of action-adventure moments that can fall upon any one or several of us. Does anyone really have one they want to hit this arc of the story, so we can coordinate? One thing that can happen in group games is we can get too many side stories and end up essentially 1x1 again. I'd like it if we agree on a major item for each arc of the story and write our characters into the same element. For example, a crazy ex-girlfriend comes after Mateo with an EMP gun, stops him cold, and takes him back to her place to keep him as her little pet Misery style and we all come together to go "Wait, where's the Tin Man?" and go looking for him.

So, anyone want dibs on the major conflict of this arc of the story?

BennyQ said:
We have eight RPers, don't we? Does that not qualify us for our own sub-board for the group RP?

What is the benefit of that? I don't actually know so this is a real question. :)

First off, y'all welcome for the header idea :) We can even add a third line "Target" to specify whom your character is addressing in your particular post?

AnnaBeth Belle said:
For example, a crazy ex-girlfriend comes after Mateo with an EMP gun, stops him cold, and takes him back to her place to keep him as her little pet Misery style and we all come together to go "Wait, where's the Tin Man?" and go looking for him.

Yes, please lol. Or not. But going along this vein of thought, some bounty hunters should come looking for Thomyris at least. She has a five-figure debt on her head, of which any collector or hunter is entitled to ten percent.

As for expanding the board, having our own child-board has its pros and cons.

Pros are more organization. You can have a separate thread for each individual room, such as the Bridge, Cargo-Hold, Cafe/Gallery, Medical Bay, Crew Dormitories (naturally gender-segregated), etc.

Cons are more organization. You need to track events, timing, etc across multiple threads and so forth.

Entirely up to the group. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

Thanks for explaining, Benny! I didn't know that.

So Benny votes for Thomyris to be a target this arc. The Captain would be in the line of fire as well. Benny and I would be responsible for setting up the Bad Guys and leaving bread crumbs and people ready to be made bodies / NPCs in our wake for y'all to roll up.

Mad Doctor and Mad Man on a trip to get drugs. What could go wrong there?

Also I have a question, since everyone is leaving the St. Anne are we all getting together in the Annie and some of us being dropped off on the station while the rest go planet side, or does the St. Anne have a second boat we haven't mentioned yet because it hasn't been necessary?

Back
Top Bottom