Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Office Romances don't work...do they? (Nightstalker x Candi)

Chris sat down behind his desk, laptop opened with the word processing document clearly visible on the screen. Notepad and pen ready as he took the first document. His eyes and fingers going over a few pages with many notes following which were then turned into paragraphs. Losing himself in the work he felt eyes watching him, glancing up from the document towards the closed office door he shook his head. Returning to the work at hand he had soon finished one document, printing out his mini report on it and setting it aside for later.

((Out of curiosity, how interested is he in her?))

Claire didn't get up from her seat a hand on her chest rubbing just lightly. She'd seen with her mind's eye just how attractive that man could really be. But she pushed that out of her mind. He was a nice guy, not a piece of meat. He was someone who deserved her respect as a colleague, and it was extremely inappropriate to be thinking of him this way while she was at work. She took a moment to clear her mind and went back to work, trying to forget the fact that she'd wanted him so badly for those few moments.

(( He is very interested in her ))

Chris was not going to tell anyone how much he fancied his boss, she was everything he had been seeking in someone since college but failed to find. If she found about his past, would that change her opinion of him and his colleagues too for that matter. Laughing it off he took a few sips of his coffee and began to work on the second document, half way through finishing it he stood and stretched his arms and back.

Claire came out of her office a few moments later, purse in hand. She noticed Chris stretching and smiled softly, waving in his direction. A few moments later, after talking to her secretary, she went out to find lunch, hoping that it would distract her from her less-than-appropriate thoughts. Still, she couldn't get the Cheap Trick song out of her head and started to sing it under her breath. "I want you to want me...I need you to need me," she sang, walking toward the elevator to get out of the building.

Chris smiled as she waved to him, glancing at his watch he laughed a little to himself. Leaving his office only long enough to grab a fresh coffee he decided then and there that tonight he would work back late. Returning to sit down at his desk he lost himself completely in the document, taking notes and turning each one into almost two to three paragraphs. Every now and then he would take a minutes break for coffee but that was all he allowed himself, he had to show her why he was hired.

Claire smiled as she returned to the office. She'd had a nice lunch and it was a nice day. She went to put her things away in her office and noticed that Chris was still working. She hadn't been gone for very long, so she wondered if he'd gone out just yet. Frowning as she remembered that he was a very hard worker, she very much doubted that he had. She set a few things back into her office before going out again. A few moments later, she came back and walked to his desk handing him a small container.

"You really should take a break to eat," she said before walking away. Inside the container he'd find a taco salad and a small slice of the cake he'd ordered yesterday, along with the essential fork. She was back inside of her office without wasting much time.

Chris had barely heard the footsteps enter, her words soft music to his ears as he worked. Glancing up he watched her leave and opened the container. Laughing softly at her memory of yesterday he would save the cake for later as he took a few bites of the taco salad. Mouth watering at the first bite and soon devoured his mind wandered to the walk of when she left his office, gosh he mused to himself those thoughts could get him fired. Relaxing for several minutes he went back to work only to have the cake screaming out his name. Her perfume still lingering in the air only added to the heat of the afternoon as it wore on, loosening his tie a little and undoing the top button on his shirt.

Claire continued her work, but she was distracted, often spacing out for long periods of time after she'd get on a role. She was worried about Chris not eating, but she got the feeling if he was hungry enough and the food was in front of him he'd eat it. What drove a man to work so hard, she wondered. The same things that had driven her to work? Success, the importance of his work, not wanting to fail others? All things seemed valid...but what would it take to get him to relax?

Her mind wandered to seeing him in a sauna or a whirlpool before she snapped herself out of it and growled. She picked up a donut from the tempting box next to her, knowing that the sugar would keep her focused.

Chris finished his coffee later that afternoon, along with both reports. Double checking them both he stood and strode from his office, downstairs only to return a few minutes later with some of that yummy cake. The looks at the cafe had been enough for him when he returned to leave his attire as it was and knocked on her door. The reports under one arm, cake in his other hand as he slowly turned the handle and spoke. "Hope you are not too busy."

She looked up at him through her glasses and smiled. "Never to busy to take a break," she said. "Come on in." She took her glasses off and closed her lap top noting the reports and his cake. "So did you decide to give your body a break and eat?" she asked.

Chris smiled at her words, the only thing he had felt she noticed was the report and cake. Keeping this strictly business like he mused as he strode closer to her desk placing the reports down on one side of the laptop , the cake just in front of it. "I have and thank you. That piece is yours to enjoy along with my reports hopefully."

She smiled at him and took the cake, leaving the reports by her lap top. "I'm glad. You know, you shouldn't skip meals, no matter how much you're into your work. Don't be afraid to take breaks or order take out," she said with a smile. "I appreciate the cake, but you really didn't have to," she said looking down at the tempting creation. Her eyes came back to him and she noticed that he wasn't quite as prim and proper as he'd been when he first arrived. He looked more approachable, even more attractive now that he didn't seem to be trying so much.

Chris smiled and listened intently to her words, eyes glancing about her office stopping on a portrait he had not noticed yesterday. With a soft chuckle he looked into her eyes and spoke. "Well take out would be more appropriate if working late but yes I do fully understand what you are saying." His mind turned at the thought of the gym downstairs as he moved back slightly from her desk. "I should go back to work then possibly the gym before I leave."

"Well, the employees are welcome to use the one downstairs. I always try to get in a mile or two on the elliptical machine before I leave," she said with a little smile. "Thank you for working so hard, Chris. I'll see you tomorrow if we don't run into each other again." That said, she stood up and walked him to her door, smiling at him. "Oh, and just so you know, you don't always have to wear a suit if you don't want to."

Chris felt his insides grinning at her comments, his feet moving at the same pace as hers. Pausing briefly at the door he smiled once and left, her words absorbed fully for now. With those comments still lingering he went one step further back at his office and removed his tie completely leaving the top two buttons of his shirt undone ; tiny wisps of chest hair visible if anyone paid him close enough attention.

She watched him for a few moments before she returned to her work, deciding to leave the door open for now. She opened up her lap top again and started in on her cake. His reports were very thorough and she was glad that things seemed to be moving along smoothly for him. Based on this knowledge, she wrote down his deadlines and got them ready before she finished her notes for the day and left her office, leaving for the gym after putting in a long day. She dropped the deadlines she'd come up with in his mail bin and then headed out for a quick work out. .

Chris glanced at the clock before tidying up his desk, leaving nothing behind as he grabbed his laptop and cup. Washing it up he dried it before taking his mail with him down to his car, returning a few minutes later with his sports bag. Entering he was soon changed into a pair of shorts only, his muscly chest on show as he began to work out using the weights mainly. Zoning out like he had been taught once he did not see or hear anyone else about.

Claire came out of the locker room in a pair of black sweats and a sports bra, her hair pulled up into a ponytail. Water bottle in hand, she made her way straight to the elliptical, mp3 player going full blast. She didn't notice Chris at the weights station for awhile, her mouth going dry the instant she saw him. Oh my....he was even better than what she'd pictured. she slowed down significantly before she noticed and shook her head to get back to her workout, though she would occasionally be distracted by his very impressive body. She took extra long drinks of water that night, going for two and a half miles before stopping.

Chris was vaguely aware of another presence not far from him as he worked out, setting the bar a little higher each time with the weights and leg presses. Possibly the last five kilos had been his undoing and with no way of knowing what would happen he gave it one lift, shoulder partly giving way as the bar came crashing back down onto his upper chest, heaving it back up he began to breathe quite raspily.

Claire was stretching for her cool down when she heard the person in trouble. Shocked to see that it was Chris, she rushed over and took some of the weight off of the ends of the bar before helping to lift it off of his chest and set it aside. "Oh my God, are you okay?" she asked, looking down at him with ample concern.

Chris felt time stand still , the long metal bar slowly raised from his chest as eyes met hers. His breathing returned to normal a little as he slowly sat up. "Yes i am now and thank you. Must have been those last few weights i put on."

She was obviously still worried, but she took it down a notch. "Hmmm, you'll just have to be more careful. You're supposed to have a partner for this kind of thing, aren't you?" she asked. And then she mentally kicked herself--making him feel stupid wasn't going to help anything. "Are you sure you're alright?"

Chris tried to sit up further on the seat, his hand reaching for and finding her arm gently squeezing it. His words coming out quite throatily. "Yes i should be, some water please."

She helped him sit up before going to her abandoned post and picking up her water bottle to hand him. "Here. I hope you don't mind my germs--I'm not sick, so you should be okay." Claire sat next to him again and waited for him to take a drink and see if he was really going to be alright. Still, she couldn't ignore his body completely, occasionally glancing down at it, rather than his face.

Chris smiled and took a few sips of the water, his fingers moving to lightly take her hand guiding it to his upper chest. The indentation marks still there from the bar. His eyes meeting hers as he spoke. "Think the only thing bruised is my pride right now, do you not agree"

Back
Top Bottom