Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Chase Through Time (rskde & Lagertha)

Risky

Supporter
Supporter
Ryan's hazel eyes light up as he hears the familiar hum of his sleek machine turning on, he had been working on it for a little while now while hiding from the United Earth Government, as he was quite the fugitive for them. He never really got along with a power looming over top of him as he lived his day to day, nothing made him get paranoid more than having his freedoms restricted and his every move watched.

Not only was he physically powerful as he used to be one of the Government's top agents, but he was also a genius when it came to science and political sciences, too. He had been working on this time machine for a little while now, hoping that with its power he would be able to go back and topple the UEG before they even formed, and it would probably go pretty well.. Considering that the UEG was already hot on his tail.

He could hear the soldiers outside of his building, he had fortified it pretty well and he could tell that they were getting antsy as they waited for him to make a move, of course Ryan wasn't going to leave as that meant certain death, but if he could escape with time travel he would be set.

His machine turns on and he grins, the 6'1 man with a muscular athletic build and short trimmed brown hair stands and grabs a small bag full of things before stepping into the machine, which takes him back to the Roman ages, leaving behind the chaotic future.

None of the smaller pigeon of people in the existence of mankind had even a whiff of a clue what had been happening since the beginning of time. There had always been this one group, living in the backgrounds, controlling everything and waiting for it's turn to walk into the lime light. They wanted full control, over everything. In the year 3046 that had happened. All governments had been abolished after the end of WW4. Finally, they had stepped out and took control of not one country, but all of the world. They said it would be better, universal, and everyone would be treated equally.

Foolish, the masses had fallen for it. One by one things were changed, eradicated and by the turn of 4001 things had changed drastically. Languages had been funneled into one universal language. Currency was composed only of one mass currency. Everything that had ever been written in the text books had been changed. Brainwashing the public had become so massive so they would never overthrow the UEG. They thought they were safe. That changing everything to praise them and make people forget there ever was a time when they had any form of freedom was over.

The last several years the UEG had major issues and flaws with some of it's agents. It was only these people, their field agents, the closest soldiers in the government that had even understood what was happening or had been sense the end of WW4. However the UEG thought that mega brainwashing them more than their pigeon of people feeding into them, the regular people, would end all of it. They had never known how wrong they were until the last several years.

Agents had begun to betray the government. They tried their best to get blueprints out to the people, to show them the corruption the UEG had caused. People thought it was all for the better, but they had been lied to. It was so much worse than before, and only a few of these agents had realized it. No matter what they seemed to do, people just could not open their eyes to the truth. One by one they had been hunted down, retrieved, labeled as 'defective' and wiped from the public mind. At first the UEG had thought keeping them in jail cells underground and studying them might help them understand how these agents had broken free of the vigorous brainwashing, but after four years of trying the council had more then enough of messing with them. Within minutes of a decision a new law had been put into motion; all defective agents were to be terminated immediately.

4001, April , 18
They knew another agent had been going off the grid, trying to find ways to replicate the time machine they had under lock and key. UEG figured it was just one person but the council had deemed every defective agent to be terminated immediately. They had already seen the damage one agent had done, and it had taken them months to rectify what had been destroyed. Now? Ryan threatened to do the same, and the UEG knew he had more information then most agents.

This caused panic around the government base of operations. They had gone through there systems and seen which agent's skills would be deemed most appropriate for following after him and taking him out. It had taken several days of filing, after months of man hours tracking him down. They had found his base,
while still searching their database of agents, and had broken open the doors to infiltrate his warehouse. There, they had seen the horror of what might be to come. It was playing on the large screen for all the employees in the surveillance room.

"You can see this right?" One of the agents called as it appeared on the screen.
No doubt Ryan had walked through it before they had gotten there. "It's sent to ancient Rome. Should we call the council?" The man replied over the wire. One of the employees shook his head agitated. No doubt he was probably a general.

"No. Just wake up one of the modified agents." The man pointed to the screen with a small Asian girl was looking through the screen as it filtered through the agents information. She looked up, confused.

"Sir?" The girl asked. He grunted, pushing her out of the way. He closed the search on the previous agents, logging in a code and pressing confirm. The computer blinked, before it began to narrow down the large list. Easily within a few seconds, the list had been narrowed from over 20m agents to a handful of ten. The computer ran for a few more seconds before it highlighted an agents name, number, and time of chronic sleep. The screen flashed as the general looked at the Asian girl.

"Wake her up!" The man demanded. The girl nodded, typing into the computer to send the word out.

The chain of command had come down to the keepers of the chronic chambers.
Majority of the public never knew they had special chronic sleep chambers for their elites, but it so happened they do. Mostly they were used for the top of the top and the most modified of the agents. Here, several men and woman in green uniforms unlocked a giant metal door, stepping inside. Slowly, lights flicked on and machines, pods with yellow liquid in it, lit up. A computer generated a face at the end of the room, greeting the keepers.

"Mornings keepers. How man I be of assistance?" The face was bare, blue, and did not distinguish if it was a male or female. However, the voice was feminine in comparison to most voices.

"You heard the orders Iggy, wake her up." One of the men came forward into the room, pulling his mask over his mouth. The others followed suit.

"Yes, but she was not destined to be woken up for another couple years for maintenance. She was then scheduled to be put back into sleep for-" The man raised a hand as the computer talked logically.

"Override it. Generals order. Another agent has gone rogue and she was selected off the list." Iggy's features shifted to neutral as he heard the orders. "Access code 10105892." The man then state. He and the others stood in the middle.

"1010582 access code accepted. General Lu San's orders shall be taken care of. I have cleaned her board of any schedules and her pod shall unlock in a few seconds." There were ten pods in total, all lit up. As soon as Iggy spoke, nine of the lights turned off, leaving only one illuminated. "Allow me to wake her up." The robot suggested as the group moved to the pod. Mechanical arms came down from holes in the ceiling, they moved effortlessly across the room. Dropping, they hitched into the sides of the pods, attaching and drilling into the sides. The pods light went from yellow to blue before the mechanical arms lifted the top of it off. "Just one moment." Iggy responded as the group seemed impatient.

Another set of arms descended from the ceiling going to the right of Iggy's face and pressing against the wall. It clicked, lightening up the wall before the wall slide away to reveal sliding boxes filled with equipment. While the second pair was doing that, the first pair put the lid of the pod on the ground. Pressing several keys on the side panel of the pod in immense speed. It waited then, a few seconds as the yellow liquid in the pod began to drain. As the pod drained a figure was slowly being revealed; Porcelain skin, a round face, large lips, a straight small nose, flat black brows, long black lashes, an hourglass naked figure with large breasts, a small waist, toned abs, large hips and thighs, and long perfect legs with small hands and feet. Several wires were deeply embedded into her skin, lightening up the veins underneath.

The hands moved swiftly, turning into pads and electrocuting her awake. It zapped her chest and head, before her she started to move and groan. The hands moved, pulling out some of the wiring that was embedded in her flesh, long screw like needles were pulled from the holes leaving open wounds behind. The hands moved, turning and changing to pour some of the yellow liquid into the holes, filling them and instantly healing them.

"Good morning Zephrytis Antallia Montrian. I am Iggy, your friendly A.I. you have just been asleep for 284 years, 3 month, 11 days, 4 hours, 20 minutes, and 18 seconds." Zephrytis shifted, her brows furrowing as she tried to move, but she was still weak and her eyes remained closed as the mechanical hands moved to check on her signs. "It's quite normal to be disorientated for a few minutes. Allow me to check all your vitals before you get up and move around." Her hands moved up, swatting the machine arms away from her.

"What year is it?" Zephrytis finally asked as she breathed. Her eyes opened, only to close quickly as she moved an arm up to shield her face from the bright light of the room.

"Year 4001, month April, day 18. All your vitals as positive, please step out of the pod to be briefed and grab your gear." The arms pulled away allowing her to prob herself up and rub her eyes. The side of the pod open and folded down, giving her room to get down as she opened her eyes. Her grey eyes adjusted as she squinted and looked around the room. She jerked a bit, put back by how different the room looked and how many pods had become missing over the years. The group of keepers moved up to her, having her suit and gear in their hands.

"Here agent Zephrytis, we'll brief you along the way. You have been asleep for sometime, and we need to check you-" Zephrytis glared at the man as her brain was catching up with her.

"Why the fuck did you morons wake me up early? What the hell happened to the other twenty pods that were in here?" Zephrytis's right brow twitched annoyed. She climbed out of the pod, jerking the skin tight suit out of one of the keepers arms. "You morons better ave a fantastic explanation for all of this."​

Ryan stumbles through the hole in time and looks around him, the spring air of Rome hitting him as he walks into a small area that seemed technologically advanced by standards of this time, it appeared to be a small outpost hidden within Rome for the UEG to use.. Though what they needed in Ancient Rome, he had no idea. He walks over to a small computer and quickly rerouted any other time traveling signatures to another part of Rome, figuring he could use this place as his forward operating post until he found somewhere better to be. He looks around some more, finding a small closet stashed with Nutrient paste, this god awful tasting food that gave all vitamins and nutrients for one meal with one serving of paste, and a bunch of Roman clothes.

He furrows his eyebrows when he sees the clothing, maybe the UEG had people back in this time period to protect it.. Which would make his job a lot harder. He walks over to the computer before plugging in a small holo-drive, his own personal AI pops up on his hologram. "Hello sir." The woman standing on his pad says, she is colored purple, with little links of data running over her entire body to give her that AI look that the UEG loved so much.

"Hey Eeve." He says while continuing to search on the computer. "Go ahead and encrypt this computer to any outside source, secure this location, and access any security measures it has, I want eyes on everything." He says before typing away, searching for any connection from the Roman time period to the UEG. He eyes the result that appears before shaking his head. "Apparently there's a UEG faction within the Roman Senate.. When my source told me they've been around for a long time I didn't think they meant this long." He says with a laugh. They were, of course, in the time before Julius Caesar had disbanded the Senate, which would send the UEG people out of Rome and to wherever the hell they went next.. Which means Ryan had just about a year to find and kill all of them.

He stares at his own reflection on the computer screen, hazel eyes staring back at him as he stands and looks down to Eeve. "Hold the fort, I'll be back." He says, grabbing a Pulse Pistol, which used cooling cartridges to fire plasma rounds from the pistol, the overheating of the pistol of course requires the need for the cooling cartridges in the first place, otherwise it could be fired infinitely. He walks to the other side of the room, getting ready to leave before yawning loudly.

"Fuck.." He groans.

"Much like jet lag, time traveling knocks some sleep out of your system."

"Yeah, thanks Eeve.." He says while holding a hand to his head, walking over to a small bed in the corner and collapsing on to it, quickly falling asleep as he trusted Eeve to defend the place while he slept.. Or at least warn him of an oncoming threat.

"What the hell do you mean you had an agent go rogue and didn't terminate the fuck?" Zephrytis was shaking with anger as they had finished her maintenance. They pieced back together her right arm and left leg. Artificial, completely mechanical, but the machinery they used anymore and the silicon flesh looked and felt so real. She was fixing her gear, strapping her gear down and going through the programming to shield herself as a regular roman woman. Though of course it would just be a guise, it was still amazing the technology they had.

"W-Well um... Iggy!" One of the men was fumbling with her mass array of weapons, making sure she could use any of them back then. Iggy, who was posted on the wall watching from the wall had been silent until now.

"I apologize agent Zephrytis. It seems agent Ryan has taken some of my coding and created his own version of an A.I." Zephrytis's left brow was twitching mad. Her suit was skin tight, silver with glistening sparkling metal that look much like glitter. It had been when her mother was around that the woman had invented this type of machinery, along with Zephrytis's grandfather. "He also seems to have information about the time machine downstairs that has been under lock down since he went rogue."

"Is he the only fucking rogue agent?" The man in the room jumped at her anger. No doubt he was frighten she could snap and slit her throat. Of which was not uncommon in her anger sprees. "You are telling me this little shit that the General knew about got away with stealing my coding and some of my family's resources?" She moved over to the table, grabbing a large curved blade. She sunk the blade in a black sheath behind her right hip, pulling a strap down to secure it. Zephrytis picked up a few weapons, guns, small ones she could strap down on the large black straps of her bodysuit.

"So far he is the only one we have confirmed. I will be in your head gear when you go back." Iggy was the one speaking, the man in the room was slinking away from her in fear. "It seems the team has the portal ready for you. You will be going back to ancient Rome-"

"Because Julius Caesar got rid of the senate and dispatched part of the UEG. What is he thinking?" Zephrytis was trying to calculate all the things that seemed legitimate and as her black boots slapped against the ground she smiled. "I think I understand what he hopes to gain from this." Iggy watched her as she put a black ear piece in her left ear. It was so small, and the black shift to match the color of her skin like it was never there. Iggy's face disappeared from the wall, a screen popped up in front of her left eye -invisible to anyone but her- Iggy's face was there, with information funneling through the piece. She started to moved out of the room and down the hall, her long black hair pulled into a neat braid that hung below her ass and swayed as she stomped down the hall.

"What do you think he hopes to accomplish? The senate is the main idea. There were several UEG agents in there coaxing the leaders to listen them before Julius Caesar overthrew them.."

That's my only thought. He's most likely thinking he can eliminate all of the senate and kill the UEG before they rise. Zephrytis lips were not moving. Instead the headpiece had managed to connect her organic thoughts to the device.
Iggy's head nodded in response as she turned down the hall and busted open the double doors. There was the large room, people sitting at desks, a giant door in the center of the room. The people turned to look at her, but she ignored them as she moved up closer to the platform.

"That is the only logical reasoning. It seems there is a malfunctioning in the devices in agent Rome. I am currently locked out and unable to access them." It was only Iggy in her ear. She breathed deeply and starting walking up the plaform. People shouting behind her overhead. "Zephrytis..would it not be easier to use your right eye instead of the headpiece? It seem illogical to put on a headset if it is not needed. You right eye-"

Shut up Iggy. I didn't make you to be concerned like he was. Just because you are in his image don't start telling me what's better for me! Her teeth were clenching. White gloves were on her hands, the same metal suit. They wrapped around the metal handle and she shook her head. You fall asleep for a few hundred years and even the time machines change. Iggy. Who changed the design of your face?

"Well the General of course. He could not understand why my voice and face was the reminiscence of something that was not gender neutral. He figured this would be more appealing to the keepers and less frightening to the new modded agents."Zephrytis twisted the handle, pulling the door open. All that was revealed was white light, and she knew she had to step through to go back in time. "I have changed your outfit to mask your outer appearance. The man you are chasing knew we had modded agents but he was not given details of what this meant. Everyone in Rome will recognize you as a high ranking noble, this will make it easier for you to access everything you need. Though I must admit it was difficult to get in contact with one of the agents that is already there and have them implant the fictional memories of you into their head."

Iggy, you idiot. He for one does not know I am a woman. Two, I highly doubt he has any idea of what I look like since all the files have been drastically changed in the past three hundred years. Even my name was undisclosed. With that she stepped through, closing her eyes and pulling the door shut behind her. Instantly she heard bird chirping and as she opened her eyes, she realized she was in a Roman Villa. "Who the fuck did you have them implant my fact images into?" She raised a brow impressed, even though she had been given the information that most of the machines were down in the city so she would have to go further out. At least they had been able to contact one of the agents back here.

"Well..A wealthy man. He technically believes you are his arranged wife from a poor family he stole away...I'll save you the details, but it was the most realistic story we could give you to get you into the authority setting you needed to be on the time frame you were." She moved around, looking around the villa and not seeing anyone really there. "Don't worry Zephrytis. I implanted some information that you would enjoy being a lone for a bit. His servants and himself have left this wing of the villa to you. If you turn left you will find the room with the clothing you can use."

"Iggy." Zephrytis said as she turned to the left and opened the door. She saw the lavish bedroom but went straight for the clothing, putting out a pink dress and pulling it on.

"Yes?"

"You voice and face still remind me of a flayed seal trying to smile." Iggy made a disgusted face. "Yeah. It's as gross as that expression you just made. Remind me to fix you back to your original coding."

"Noted. Please go lay down Zephrytis. The jet lag will kick in soon."

"If that guy that thinks I'm his wife comes in here and tried to fuck me. I will slit his throat, and go back to the future and slit the fucker who came up with the idea." Iggy smiled and nodded to her words as she moved to the bed, swaying back and forth.

"I will let them know of your threats." She smiled at that, with a soft laugh as she laid down.

"At least you still have a fucked up sense of humor." Zephrytis muttered as she fell to sleep.​

Ryan groans as he wakes a few hours later, he sits up and groggily looks around before rubbing his eyes to wake himself completely. He crawls over to the closet area and gets dressed in a Toga and looks down at himself, shaking his head as he steps into a pair of sandals, he couldn't really understand the fashion of this time period. He also grabs a sniper rifle from his small cabinet of weapons, checking the coolant cartridge count inside before pressing a small button, the rifle folds neatly and he is able to slip it beneath his clothing.

"I'm headed out, Eeve, use my tracker to keep watch on me through the cameras and let me know if you see any UEG scum headed towards me." He says before leaving the safe room, resetting the pass-code before walking out on to the streets, walking towards the House of the Senate. He looks around before scaling one of the buildings across the street from it, taking his rifle from under his robe and letting it extend, resting the barrel of it on the side of the building before using a small cloth to cover it, the people of this time period sure would be concerned with the loud blast, but then again they should also be concerned with the agents convincing them to run their government a certain way.

The UEG section of the Senate often wore green robes and were almost always men, most of them having grown fat from being able to eat whenever they wanted. Ryan spots one of them on their way out, who is offering a bag of coins to one of the other Senators, probably to buy his vote. Ryan aims into his scope and holds his breath before pulling the trigger, the loud gunshot filling the air of midday Rome. He watches his target collapse, brain matter splattered on to his bribed friend who probably wouldn't be taking bribes like that anymore, screams begin echoing through the streets and pretty soon Ryan is scaling down his building and making his escape.

"Zephrytis! Zephrytis! Wake up! There's been an assassination!" Iggy's voice thrummed into her brain like a hangover. Her eyes shot open and she sat up, looking around the room.

"How long-" Iggy's face panned over her left eye as she looked into the room, rubbing her forehead.

"Less than an hour. You should be experiencing some jet lag, but we need you to take care of the agent that was killed. Ryan assassinated him with a rifle. The masses will be hysterical by now." Zephrytis cringed at the idea. This was the whole reason she had brought a large knife, and posions along with arrows to boot. There was no more playing nice or blending in.

"How long will it take for you to scan all the chips in the area and turn people's brains off from noticing me?" She was up, moving around and tearing that terrible dress off her. "I don't have time to play dress up. They want me to take care of a man they refuse to let me see his photo of, and now one of their moron agents has been killed. Whose great idea was it for them to stick out like a sore thumb?" She pulled out one of her compact guns, checking the cartilages in the things. She knew all too well it'd be more effective if she used her right arm instead. Zephrytis smacked her feet into the group, her shoes lit up before extending roller blades.

"You might damage the time line if you go rushing in like that." Iggy warned.

"What do the scientists always say Iggy? You can't change the past no matter what you do. It's inevitable Just like the Future is what it is." With that Zephrytis found the window, before she leaned forward and dashed over to it. She jumped out the window. Landing on a slanted hill a couple feet away. Instead of trying to slow herself down as she went down the hill, she leaned forward, getting close to the bottom in a matter of second. "How far away am I?"

"The locals might be frightened by you, but by the way they are reacting they probably believe it's an act of Jupiter himself. If not that will believe Pluto issued the death. They might think of you as a messenger of Jupiter's punishment for Pluto sending a demon out to kill one of the senate. It's calculated more likely the people of Rome will look at you and believe you are a Mania or a Mors." Zephrytis rolled her eyes, she made it to the road below, stopping a cart with horses in it. She looked to her left, barred teeth at the frightened horses as she continued to slide at immense speeds through the valley. "You are still about ten minutes out, and I have no access to any of the camera or systems in the heart of Rome. It looks like a virus has been uploaded to the mainframe. Oh? Another A.I. seems to be locking me out."

"Wonderful! Going in there blind! When does the fucking UEG ever have great ideas?" Her eyes were locked ahead. "Accessing right eye, infiltration system 002048951." Her left eye was able to see clearing, through the transparent display of letter and words and Iggy's A.I. face. Her right eye illuminated, the iris turning a deep blue with intricate lines of coding and machinery. It scanned the building ahead of room, allowing her to see the body heat of every individual present. "I should be able to tell which one he is by the body heat. Even if he changed clothing, our bodies are no longer programmed for this atmosphere. He'll be hotter than the rest." Zephrytis jumped over a couple of fences, the blades of her shoes slamming into a pigs neck and slicing it. She didn't flinch as the farmer's wife cried in a panic at the display of her. Instead she propelled herself off the carcass, flipping in the air and landing on her feet again as she began to dash closer. She was still about five minutes out. "Iggy! I need you to hack into the mainframe systems. Tell me which location is best for you and I'll get you there I need all eyes on finding this target. I can give you my infiltration system when we get there, but I need to know you are still able to take down another A.I. and upload yourself onto all the systems."

"Of course. I just need to be manually uploaded into the system. You'll have to upload yourself as well...which might take a bit of-"

"I don't care how long it takes. I need you to do it. It's the only way we'll have the advantage over him." Zephrytis was getting closer, but her eye was filtering through system. first had been the one that went by body heat, the next filter she selected highlighted every building with information that was secured by the UEG.

"There. Building number 14 is sufficient. All the rest are out of order and now belong to residences. Miss Zephrytis...If you upload your infiltration system you'll be down an eye and the advantage for about thirty minutes. Are you still sure you want to do this?" She locked onto the building that Iggy had mentioned, allowing the other ones to unlighten. She sped up, moving to the edge of the city and sliding up onto the walls to avoid people on the street. The people stopped, dropping what they were doing to see her. Some ran screaming, and others gawked in wonder and horror.

"Got it. He won't know I'm down an eye. I doubt he even knows about modded agents." Zephrytis suggested. She leapt from side to side, skidding up along the buildings until she got to the roof of the fourteenth one she needed. On the top of the stone house, she found as opening, cutting it with her tires before pulling it off and dropping down. Her right eye was like a flashlight, scanning the area. It had not looked like anyone had been in here for years. "Are you sure this is-"

"It's the right house. Check that wall to your right. In the corner, where the too walls meet, if you scan your eye over it you'll be able to see in ultra violet the inscription by UEG. If you click over the inscription, the wall will unlock and lead you to an underground facility. My access, from what little I have been given, has told me the other A.I. has not established a connection here since it's been offline for decades." Zephrytis rolled her eyes, going to the corner and scanning it with ultra violet light. There she saw the UEG logo etched into the wall. She extended her left hand, the glove pulling back t reveal the tips of her fingers, and pressed her fingers into the logo. It lit up, before the wall moved away to a room and lit up. It showed stairs going downwards. Zephrytis took no time, she moved down the stairs as the wall closed behind her, lights illuminating her way until she got to the workstation below. There it lit up as clear as day, a circular pad in the middle. "There, that's the control center. Plug me in along with your eye's system and I'll try to hack the mainframe and give you better sight." She sighed, pulling out the ear piece as she went to the center. It turned back to it's natural black, and she blew off the dust on the machine before inserting Iggy in. The circular table lit up,
before Iggy's face appeared floating in front of her. "Give me one moment."
He highlighted the area where a chip could be inserted. "I just need your eye's main chip inserted there." Zephrytis reached up to the skin next to her right eyes.She pressed her right finger against the skin, allowing it to highlight in blue.
A section of about an inch popped up, and she pulled the latch open. She turned her head, gears and machinary working and displaying the eye inside. Her fingers reached in delicately and pulled out a chip the size of a pencil tip out. Her right eye turned back to it's natural grey as she closed her face, but she was no longer able to see out of it. She inserted the chip where Iggy asked, his face pulling into a smile as the machinery on her face resettled to look normal. "Thank you. I'll be just a moment."

"He's probably on the run Iggy, and I can't waste much time here." Zephrytis looked around, before looking up at the ceiling. She could hear people running and screaming. "I'm not much good without my right eye or the earpiece.

"I can use your right arm to help you, but I'm afraid I need all my efforts into finding the source of the hacker." She looked at him nodding.

"You think if you find the A.I. you can hack into it and give me the database on him? Even a image of his face and a file on his voice? Maybe even his body language?" Iggy's brows furrowed before he smiled at her question.

"Well, I can try. I think you should wait here a bit. Allow the streets to clear. I'll let you know when it's safe."

"Nothings safe Iggy. You forgot thats why I'm part machine." She sighed deeply.

"I thought that was because you threw yourself on a bomb to try to save the man you loved? If I recall, it was a valiant effort but he died regardless." She held the pistol up to the circular machine, grinning. "Please! I didn't mean this as an insult!"

"Shut the fuck up Iggy and get to work."​

Ryan starts jumping from rooftop to rooftop, looking down at his Holo-Watch to check the time, memorizing the time he had shot the Senator, wanting to know how fast UEG agents would respond to this, it should only be five to ten minutes but then again they could be faster or slower than normal. He sets up his rifle again, just wanting to cause some havoc as he fires another round, this one hitting one of the few allies the UEG has in this time period right in the chest. He then condenses his rifle once more and continues his run.

A wild grin stays glued on his face, he could literally feel how earth-shattering this could be to the UEG, he felt almost unstoppable at this point. He slips into a building where he slips out of the stupid looking toga, switching back to his own combat armor and changes his rifle from its sniper mode to assault rifle, if worse came to worst he would have to spray and pray.

"Ryan, you have an agent en route to you." Eeve warns him in his ear, which just makes him smile.

"Let'em come, I'll kill them too." He says before stepping from his perch and out to the balcony of the house, using his ballistic glasses to survey the area, his rifle extending back into sniper mode as he spots a UEG cable, one of the ones connecting their whole network in the city, which included his but with his super sophisticated AI friend he could easily link it again.

He fires another round, the network is completely cut off from the entire city and from the UEG servers which were somewhere in Central Rome.

That would be his next task. Search and destroy the networks.

"You are taking too long." The beeping was almost deafening, and the way Iggy's face looked blank as he made the calculations was only making her more agitated. She could not stand around forever, waiting for this A.I. to get finished going through the firewall and bringing down the system.

"Apologies Zephrytis, but it looks like they have cut off all communication to the UEG. You will be in the dark for now." Iggy's hollowed eyes lifted to watch Zephrytis turning around. Her hips swaying as she pulled out her gun, extending it before strapping it onto her back. She was ready for business.

"I'm always in the dark. This is nothing new." Zephrytis spoke coldly as she climbed the stairs. "Get that A.I. down and get our communication line back up Iggy, I'm going out for a walk."

She was quiet when the people went running and screaming when they saw her. Zephrytis took no mind to them, none of them would look at her, and she had to be careful with only one eye. Still, as she closed the building off, she walked down the middle of the street. The loud sound of a gun being shot sounding in the distance. She bared her teeth, annoyed. Damnit! I'll kill that fucker for what he is doing to the government! She was angry and threw her right arm forward. Her wrist was turned upward, the wrist pulled back showing machinery under the silicon flesh. Out shot a wire with a hook on the end, hitting the corner of a building and latching onto it. Zephrytis seemed cold as the wire attached, before it started to recoil and pull her along with it up to the side of the building.Her feet were planted on the siding of the building, and her hand was on the top of the rough. Now, she could see where the blast had come from.

"Demon!" Her grey eye jerked below as her long hair dance in the breeze. A woman was pointing up to her as she was suspended there, holding herself against the building with her back to the ground. Zephrytis only huffed, unamused as she heard more blasts. Fast work this man was doing. Smoke was billowing where the shots had been fired. This was the only issue with shooting laser weapons in this time, there was so much sand around that anytime the laser the sand, instantly it turned to glass, and the blow left smoke behind. Of course, this morons would think this was an act of the Gods, and Zephrytis could not feel more scorned by the darkness she felt without her right eye or the UEG in her ear.

Soon, Zephrytis was jumping from building top to building top, right leg always leading. Nothing made her feel less human than doing this; using the mods she had on her body to get an advantage. Still, she tumbled on the building closest to the smoke, landing flat on her stomach as she pulled the rifle from her back. Naturally, she put the lense up to her right eye, before cursing at herself for forgetting it was powered down. She repositioned the rifle onto her left eye, cursing again that it was not nearly as strong as her mechanical one. Ah, how reliant on the machinery had she become over the years? What was it like to have all human limbs again? I can't think of that...I need to find this fuck and get back to my sleeping chamber. Zephrytis sighed as she scanned the area.

She was in central Rome, waiting. She had figured this much when Iggy had said something about their communication being cut short; This man was going to down the other towers. So here she waited, expecting for the man to come and find her to be slaughtered. He can't be this dumb..He knows they sent someone, he knows he's doing way too much for one day. I'm not the only agent here, and if I don't kill him today... Her grip on the gun tensed at the thought, a deep breath before she exhaled. She couldn't think of that right now. She needed to see if he was dumb or not.​

Ryan huffs as he runs, smashing into a room across the street from where the Agent was set up, he sits by the window, sighing as he hears his intercom beep. "What's up?" He asks quietly, his eyes scanning around for anyone or anything.

"You've got company, four floor, tower across the street." His AI informs him. "They are attempting to shut me down, I may not have long." She warns as he looks around for the Agent sent after him. He can't see the agent, but he sure as hell can see her gun resting on the window sill of the room that she occupies.

He lines up the shot before firing into the barrel of her gun, he takes off again, this time he wouldn't be shooting anymore as he makes his way back to his small safe room. "Quickly Eeve, before you shut down." He says while removing her from the computer, it appeared he might already be too late... The idea of being alone out here without Eeve was daunting to him. "When is the next time the Senate will congregate?" He asks.

"There is a party tomorrow.. Just wearing Imperial Colors will get you in." She says, her core systems beginning to shut down, he would have to fix her later. He watches as the hologram fades and he sighs, anger and frustration running through him now that he was alone.

He gets some shuteye, and the next day shows up at the party, wearing regular Roman clothing with the Imperial colors, he enters the scene and looks around him, mostly searching for his target who he would have to kill with his bare hands, too close proximity to have weapons showing.

Back
Top Bottom