Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Century old Feud (Peridot-Kitsunex Kinky-bunny)

James Reed gently lifted the covers over his wife tucking her in to bed after waking her up only moments before from the sofa. He hated moving her when she was sleeping but it was damned if you do or don't moment as she would complain in the morning if he left her there all night. The middle age man closed the door slowly as he head to his home office to get a bit more work done now that the house was quiet. He didn't know if his two kids were awake but judging by the blissful silence both had crashed early like their mother.

James was lucky to have a beautiful family and one that got along especially both his kids as they would need to work together if the family company had any hopes of continuing once he stepped down. Reed inc had no real main focus as it dabbled in research both tech and medicine along with shipping. It was started up a generation ago as the family had gotten rich through unusual methods that most of the world today still had no idea about. The Reeds were once a clan of hunters but not the game one found in the forest but those who walk among humans pretending. Though the family has forgotten those traditions and begun a more modern methods using the research to either weaken them or make them expose themselves for the few remaining hunting clans left.

A few hours passed As James went over a new research project as he liked to know personally what he was funding unlike some who blindly agreed to anything. Much like his wife passing out on the couch her fell asleep in his chair like so many nights before. His son was still a few years away from taking over and though it seemed to be getting harder James carried on until he could lighten his load.

It was silent in the Walsh home. The three of them sound asleep in their beds. The Walsh's were in much the same business as the Reed's and as such were a threat. This lead to the two companies working very hard to out do each other, in every field they entered. This was not the only factor that drove families to be at each others throats, unbeknownst to the rest of the world The Reeds dram their money through the hunting of The Walsh family. The bloodshed between them led to a fierce resentment towards one another even to this day.

The majority of her view was filled with dark void, but hanging at the end of nearly invisible strings of light were orbs of gently swirling color. Dreams. Rachel, the pink haired girl who wandered the void, eye'd them all. Dream Walking, it was once a hunting technique used by her fathers (and her own) ancestors. Ancestors that held a more primal and monstrous form before evolving to survive. Rachel had started Dream Walking at the age of 16, while walking the familiar paths she stopped. There was something odd, she headed towards a sound a faint buzz. The buzzing grew louder as she got closer, one of the hanging orbs had a pink haze around it. Stopping, the pale girl started in confusion at the dream, she had never seen anything like this before....

Reaching her hands out she held the orb, much like she did when she was trying to watch it. This time however it felt different. The buzzing roared loudly, The pink flashed brightly and finally the colors swirled violently inside the white orb. Before suddenly, it all stopped. Rachel was no longer standing in her void holding the odd orb, no, she was somewhere else, somewhere full of... of.... "Color?" The Junior-Dream Walker questioned.

Rachel had entered her first dream.

Claire Tossed in her sleep as the day had been rather long now that she was doing the full work load as her mother had semi retired. It took her a few moments before she was able to find that one perfect spot on her bed and pass out. Dreams had always been something Claire enjoyed as she could usually remember them in full details and allowed her to live a life of her own inside them.

That was the one down side to being the daughter of a CEO and hunting clan. Her life was not hers to live or to control even at an early age her parents guided her into certain clubs and sports. Even most of her friends were picked for her and ended up being the daughters of the board members. It wasn't a bad life as she had it made and her schooling was basically just a formality as her family were all alumni there. Still she longed for a bit of freedom to make her own choices as she didn't want to take over her mother's role but didn't have much choice.

As the Claire laying in her bed fell asleep another version of her woke up laying down in the grass of a forest. One she use to visit when she was younger and her her grandparents took care them for a few weeks. She strolled around the familiar area until something caught her eye and that was another woman with pink hair. With it being her dream she approached her curious as she didn't recognize her." Who are you?"She asked curiously still keeping some distance

"It's all so green...." Rachel muttered excitedly to herself looking around. It wasn't just the wash of greenery or the cheerful tunes of nature that made Rachel so in awe of her sorroundings. It was the strength of the ties that the dreamer had to this place. She spent sometime watching a leaf lazily drift down from the branches, Rachel let it fall into her hand before a voice broke her entrancement "Who are you?" It spoke curiously

Slowly Rachel turned to face the person whose dream it was, "Who am I?" She asked, the leaf stuck to her bottom lip as if she had been trying to eat it. It was extraordinarily rare for the dreamer to see A Walker. "Rachel..." she offered after a pause, taking the leaf from her lip and letting it drop to the ground "This is your dream?" She asked marveling at the trees "It's so... full" the pink haired girl continued waving her arm towards everything "C... Could you show me more?" She asked once again this time with a sheepish look.

The young dream walker wore a robe while walking the pathway but since she had entered the dream her attire had changed. The robe now replaced with a neat, light blue blouse, dark suit pants and curiously no shoes. Rachel was quite average looking and certainly not someone who looked like the daughter of an important member of both her clan and the business world. In fact the most striking feature of Rachel's was her piercing blue eyes.

Claire stared at the woman for a bit as hearing her name didn't exactly help her figure out who was in her dream. Her family had a long line of people who were sensitive to magic and could tell when some was being used or a being wasn't what they claimed to be. It was what made them great hunters as they could passively detect their prey and focus on their skills. Though with it being a dream Claire didn't initially suspect her of being a different creature.

"Sure I guess I can show you more, I'm Claire by the way." she said finally introducing herself as she got closer to the strange woman.Like Rachel Claire was also barefoot only she wore a simple white sundress allowing her dream version to feel the breeze through the trees of the forest. Claire took her hand as she led the two of them down the path to the cabin her grandparents had. It was small and compared to the mansion she lived in now but that was what she liked about it. "I spent half of my summers here as a kid, till i had to start going to summer school." Claire explained taking another turn towards the dock in front of the cabin.

She sat down at the waters edge dipping her feet into the water kicking them lightly as the two of them sat there. For Claire she could feel most of what was happening in the dream though mostly out of the memories she had of this place. She turned and faced Rachel a little still not able to fully place where her mind knew her from. Though she did have to admit she was rather pretty as she got lost in her blue eyes before she looked back out at the water.

"Even your hand is warm" Rachel mumbled while the human, Claire she introduced herself as, lead Rachel deeper into the woods. The dream was strong, she must have memories tied to this place the dream-walker thought. Rachel hadn't seen a lake before, she had read about them but never seen one as her father kept a tight watch over the only heir he had to his clan and company.

"The water's freezing" squeaked Rachel as she dipped her toes into it before drawing them out quickly to sit cross legged on the dock. It was the first time Rachel had ever been around someone her own age that wasn't somehow related to her fathers company or the clan, as such she was feeling uncharacteristically nervous "This place must be really special to you..." she begun wondering if it was okay to talk about dreams with the dreamer but she shrugged it off. An untrained human would never be able to remember a dream walker and if this girl, Claire she reminded herself, was trained she'd have already attacked Rachel.

"This... is really nice... I've never seen a forrest or lake" she laughed nervously thinking that Claire must think of her as some bizzare shut in "Over protective parents..." she explained looking at her and meeting her eyes, they seemed so different to anyone else's that she had met. Rachel could feel the blush begin to spread and she looked back out over the lake "This place must have been really special to you... Dad says a dream only feels real when the person-" she stopped short, shutting her mouth family secrets were never to be divulged to anyone outside of the clan, even if Claire wouldn't remember her.

"I know that feeling mine are the same picked my whole life out from the moment I was born. That's why I love this place it was the only time I ever really felt like a kid." Claire explained finding it on the odd side that Rachel had been cooped up inside her whole life making her parents seem not so bad. She caught the bit of blush on her cheeks and reached down holding on to her hand as they sat there watching the wind blow across the lake and occasional bug or fish pass by them.

An alarm went off in Claire's head when she began to mention her dad only to stop abruptly mid sentence. It all began to click into place as to why she seemed so strange and out of place. Mostly why she didn't recognize who Rachel was at first. She had been told that those who her family hunted were gifted in all areas and some where know to invade dreams to spy on her clan. She kept that to herself as she never fully bought her family's old tradition like her brother had.

"When what? " Claire asked curious to see if she could pry the information out of the young woman. "I promise that it will stay between the two of us." She added turning a little to fully face Rachel." If you want I'll tell you something afterwards so we'll be even."

Rachel looked at Claire meeting her eyes for a brief moment before looking down to the lake, gingerly she let a foot dip into the water the bracing cold made her shiver "A dream doesn't usually have sensations as strong as this. I can feel the cold water, the heat of the sun... the wind even" she shook her head in slight disbelief "Father says that a dream only feels this real when the dreamer has a strong tie to the place... I guess that would be your grandparents" The pink haired girl continued. She wanted to be friends with this person, even if only for a moment in a dream, she couldn't start that friendship by lying to the girl and it wasn't like she would remember anyway.

The grip tightening slightly on Claire's hand as the dream-walker soaked in the view, she wondered if all dreams would feel this good. "What were you gonna tell me?" she giggled looking to her new friend. The blush had returned to her cheeks as she looked at Claire, she hadn't realized just how pretty someone could look especially when they weren't expecting things of her. All of the people she had interacted with in her life had been connected to her clan or the family business and as such they always expected her to act a certain way, it was exhausting but here for once she felt none of that weight and it was thrilling.

Claire smiled as she got the truth out of her visitor starting off their budding friendship without lying.Which meant Claire would have to return the favor as it was only fair. "Yup they were the best, they passed away a few years ago. They raised me like the kid I was suppose to be not an heir to some business I could honestly care less about. Though they did help me in other methods, mostly learning the old ways of my family and training our gift." Claire said getting a little teary eye as she strolled down memory lane with Rachel.

"My family has always been gifted when it comes to detecting magic or magical creatures. It's harder to do in a dream sense they seem magical to the dreamer, but I'm almost certain I didn't dream you." Claire said a soft smile on her face as she didn't want to scare off the girl. Like her she lived a lonely life surrounded by lesser clans and office families where she had to walk on eggshells and watch every word she said. "I'm not telling you to scare you, just don't want to hide anything from you." She added giving her a light squeeze on her hand to reassure her.

Rachel froze as Claire talked, detecting magic was a huge red flag and what was more the girl was aware she hadn't dreamed of the young walker before "Y... you're a.. hunter" she stammered the color draining from her face. Ever since she was a child she had heard stories of the terrible things hunters did to her people, the horrible bloodshed between man and monsters but here she was sitting at a dock in her dream idly chatting. The pink-haired girl's head spun as she processed the information, she went to move her hand but the reassuring squeeze added with the huntress' kind words made her pause. "Maybe she's not like the stories" she thought.

"You're not... going to try and kill me?" she asked finally, after some silence "Or tell your clan?" Rachel was clearly still on edge, the first real person she had ever met and it turned out to be one of the few people in this world that actually posed a threat to her just her luck. Still Claire didn't seem like any of the stories she had heard from other dream walkers, she... actually seemed nice "And when she smiles..." Rachel let the thought trail off "I'll... I'll trust you.." she mumbled after some deliberation after all that's what friends did, right?

Claire was expecting a reaction given the two had were on the opposite sides her belonging to the most well known hunting clan and this woman being the her prey. Still it didn't make sense as she didn't see the girl as a threat to humans more just curious about other people's dreams. Her father would say she was being naive and that her innocent charm was just a trick to lure her into dropping her guard. Despite her upbringing her first thought was to comfort the creature and make sure nothing escalated out of this.

"Technically yes but not really, the most training I've had is on my ability to sense magic. Most of those in my family don't know the old ways of hunting not since my great grandfather. "Claire explained giving her a reassuring smile. "I won't tell and if I was going to kill you I wouldn't have told you that. So not gonna kill you either. Besides you're not what I expected , at all in a good way." She added just as confused and taken back as Rachel was. How could her family hate someone like this she seemed nice and normal besides being in her dream.

Back
Top Bottom