Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old Friends, New (to them) House [Irish & Zajawa]

Kyle was descending the stairs, fastening his belt as he heard a solid impact of something falling or being dropped, followed by a feminine cry of surprise. "What happened?" he called, assuming she might have stumbled while carrying something. His expression was one of curiosity mixed with a hint of concern as he reached the base of the stairs.

"O-oh.. nothing.. book fell from the shelf and scared a living daylight out of me.. I'm fine though, go buy it at last.. please", she answered, placing her forehead on her desk and sighing, smiling at her own reaction.
She was quite easily scared by things like that, sudden noises etc. When she was smaller she didn't want the light to be switched off since she was scared that monsters would go out from under her bed, a result of small Christine watching her first horror film when she was alone at home. To this day she was quite scared of horrors (not those blood dripping, stupid ones but the ones with more psychological approach) and there were times her imagination made her scared of some of it's figments.

"Oh." Kyle made a mental note to get a level and check the shelf for misalignment. "Old house," he said simply. "The shelf could be shifted, I'll check it later." Thinking nothing more of the issue, he picked up his keys, wallet, and other articles, stowing them in their respective pockets on his way out the door. "Text if you need anything else before I get back," he said, opening the door to let himself out.

Kyle's answer made her smile, finding it sexy and very manly of him to say something like that. Well, her friend always was impressive.. it was a wonder he was still single. Thinking about it a bit more she went downstairs and started to prepare a breakfast for the two of them.. cutting her fingers few times as her thoughts drifted to the pregnancy tests, making her a bit distracted. Still even if the breakfast was a bit.. messy it still looked really good, the cute bandaids around the cuts.

It wasn't too long until Kyle returned home, a single plastic shopping bag hanging from the fingers of his left hand as he entered the house. His shoes came off inside the door and he continued on, following the smell of cooking to learns the living room, his socked feet padding softly. "Got your stuff," he announced as he neared the kitchen, placing the bag atop the kitchen countertop when he reached it. Automatically, he practically floated over to where the coffee maker sat, waiting to be put to use.

Chris's heart pounded inside her chest when she heard the male walking in, snatching the bag from the counter and heading to the bathroom right away, needing to know.
"Okay.. Ham and Cheese Casserole is in the the oven. You would need to take it out in five minutes. Don't eat without me", she said quickly and closed herself in the bathroom.

After fifteen minutes she was done and felt almost light headed from relief. She wasn't pregnant! None of the four pregnant tests showed it and they were all new and all. Humming softly she throw it to the trash bin in the toilet, washed her hands and joined her friend in the kitchen.
"You won't be a daddy", she said jokingly and started to cut the casserole. "I was so nervous I've cut my fingers few times when at it. There is cheese, ham, broccoli, paprika and some herbs. I thought a substantial breakfast would be a good idea after a night like this.."

"Relieved?" Kyle asked. He was, but truthfully he wasn't all that concerned in the first place. He would have called it a hell of a shot if he had knocked her up on the first go... "Told you there was nothing to worry about."

"You really are so careless sometimes", she huffed and sighed, smiling anyway. "Now I feel super happy~ We should do something special today.. though you're probably going to work soon? Or not today?"
Because she did her work at home and at various hours and days she didn't really knot what day it was.. unless she had a deadline for some project soon. Touching her pockets she realised that she didn't have her phone so she wouldn't be able to check what day it was.

"Not today," he pointed out. "I'm off." Three day weekends were a perk of his schedule, and he rathered it that way. It meant he had a significant amount of time to do what he enjoyed. "Did you have something special in mind, or were you thinking something whimsical and spontaneous?"

"Liiiike.. Oh! I know.. There is that amusement park not so far from here.. how about going there and have fun? It could be nice, right? The two of us, going there, having some fun, eating ice creams and candy-floss?", she asked, already liking the idea, clapping her hands together. "And hot dogs too~ I know it's not a very healthy food but it's not like we eat often things like that. What do you think?"

"We can go, sure," he agreed as he got out the dishes to set out. "I know you've bee. Wanting to check it out for awhile. After placing the dishes, he took the time to make himself a cup of coffee to go with breakfast. "Did you want to go during the day or in the evening?"

Making sure their meal was prepared and looked good she sat at the table, waiting for her friend and thinking for few moments, trying to figure out which of options would be better.
"Well.. since it would take us some time to get there I think we should go during the day. That way we would have enough time to enjoy everything if we would want to.. and go back home at some decent time.. not to mention it would be warmer during the day", she said, smiling at Kyle.

"That's fine with me," Kyle agreed. "Sounds like we have a plan then. What about this evening?" He then asked. "Did you want to do anything tonight or just chill here at home?" He are in between their turns in the conversation, watching his roommate whenever she spoke.

"Well.. why not? I just finished a project anyway and since you're free wouldn't be that just a great way to spent some of our free time? Together and having fun? I would love to ride a bump cars.. or was it bumping cars? Anyway you know what I mean.. right?", asked Chris, smiling happily and already thinking about this and that. "Should we take sandwiches with us or things like that or would we be living off of the amusement park's food stalls?"

"The food there will be about three times as expensive as getting our own stuff, really..." said Kyle. "Bringing on own would be better, if the fair even allows outside food." His plate was soon finished, and he placed his fork down while they continued to talk. "If they don't then we wouldn't have much of a choice.

"Okay.. I'll make some sandwiches for us.. though we still are buying some of the stuff there... like cotton candies", she said, smiling at the thought happily, especially since they would be spending the day together... and her best friend was always a person that made her enjoy the fun. "Cotton candies are awesome.. Oh! And I want a balloon too!"

Back
Top Bottom