Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chronicles, Repository, and Archive (Comments welcome)

Blackthorne

Supporter
Supporter
Welcome. Speak, Friend, and Enter​

This is where I store settings and characters and work on them outside of stories, and store information from stories to incorporate them back into the settings. Its all a rough work in progress so no doubt, grammatical and spelling errors bound throughout , including incomplete thoughts or sentences, or badly merged passages.

The Chronicles portion will likely consist of scraps of old stories and perhaps a list of roleplays, but perhaps not. It will include things such as few of the unique settings I have developed (along with story partners) , specifically one Fantasy world , one Sci Fi galactic sector , and one Post-apocalyptic setting

The Repository wil contain characters I have played and may call upon again either as bit players, background texure, etc ; but first I will focus on the chars or archetypes I will be using in my active roleplays.

Finally, the Archive is where old plots will go to be stored once I am not actively seeking them, assuming I ever get around to creating that increasingly theoretical request thread.

NOTE - Comments Now Welcome!

RE: Chronicles, Repository, and Archive

Chronicles I​

Fantasy World: World of Deribaan​
This section will be devoted to my long time RP/Campaign World, Deribaan. This section of the world is known as The former Western Imperium (Westronuus and Arcanuus ) and the Near Eastern former provinces. It has since become a world I have shared with numerous writers.

I will try to get a better image of my map, it was on an old computer I am letting someone else use. I created the map on Gimp after having crummy hand drawn copies for years after using my earliest more meticulously hand-drawn map.

This is essentially the same campaign world I ran various Fantasy RPG groups through for years. Of course, I also in the past also ran groups set in the Forgotten Realms as well as Greyhawk and the old Expert Set "Known World" now known as Mystara . But this was the one I built, and others have helped mold over time.

I am quite proud of this map because I am absolutely terrible with art, graphics and design. GIMP is a nice program to work with.

// This section will soon include the continents of Westronuus and Arcanuus, as well as the major cities and a bit of the history //

Westron Nations and places of note

Most of the Westron nations are part of or pay fealty to the Great Kingdom of Aquitor, at least in theory if not in practice.

The Great Kingdom of Aquitor : The kingdom that was formed in the core of the former Imperium, some 400 years ago

Principality of Galabar

The Kingdom of Furydor : 10 Generations ago, the line of the Daystar King had two strong heirs. And so the younger of two brothers, both proud Knights was given part of the Kingdom in the province known as Furydor to run as his own allied kingdom.

This Kingdom has been more aggressive than the old and tired Kingdom of Aquitor, it was them who revived the centuries stalled effort to rebuilt the Ancient Canal, digging it wider and deeper and renaming it the Grand Canal. The Southern border of Furydor extends a few miles south of the Canal, actually on the continent of Arcanuus.

The Dutchy of Huuf

County of Wyrr

The Yeomen of Falkar - The Yeomen were given lands of their own to govern for their participation in numerous wars. They are known for their excellent archery and powerful longbows.

The Bulwark Nations - Frigia, The Icehold of Stovix - these nations are given payments for helping keep the raiders from the Bitter Kingdoms from sweeping south into Aquitor

The Bitter Kingdoms - Frigid wastes that produces raiders and strong warriors

Nations on the Inland Sea

Seagate (a former Imperial city) - A strong city-state who controls the waterway between the Inland Sea and the Sea of Argos

Grand Dutchy of Mindalor - an eminently civilized nation of commerce and inspiring architecture that tends towards neutrality

Handor - the horsemen on the Northern side of the Inland sea, they have only a few significant ports or even permanent settlements Their main port city is actually a part of the Seagate city state, via a lease from the Riders. . Handor and Seagate share a strong alliance, and Seagate provides much of the iron weaponry and armor to the Riders, the Riders provide horses for the Knights of the city of Seagate.

Kingdom of Volonia - "Slavic" people, the capital city is currently occupied by the Karusk.

Jing Confederacy - These are bands of invaders from the far east , that have taken over a nation formerly known as Rumonov The Rumon people are now a wandering folks, many of them gypsies.

The Empire of KaRusk. -A vast nation with a rich aristocracy and a huge underclass of peasants. They are conquerors by nature , and often clash with the Riders of Handor and Volonia

Free City of Vania- not actually on the Inland Sea, but a short distance up the river Vusk, which is the border between Mindalor and Handor. They are a city of universities and learning.

Aurrim - The plainsmen. a small corner of Aurrim hits a small corner in the E of the Inland Sea. There is a small port town here , unaligned with any nation, called Hangman's Cove. The port is peopled by pirates and cutthroats most of whom bear little likeness to or fondness for the Aurrim . The Aurrim themselves are nomadic and are horsemen rivaled only by those of Handor.

the Principality of Galabar - Large prosperous nation on the west side of the Inland Sea. Closest nation to Irongate on that side of the Inland Sea.

Union of Keltan - Island in the middle of the Inland Sea - a mercantile democracy ruled by a parliament , with a ceremonial queen. Major cities include Muldenburgh, Aldwych, Kessex, Sundenbury, Thornburgh, Farminster, Baringham, Lowingham, and the capital city, Benden

Confederacy of Illonia - the south side of the Inland Sea, two parts inclduing a peninsula and a arcipelago. It borders both the Inland Sea and the Sea of Agos, the Sea of Agos in turn leads to the Aridan Ocean. Dark haired people, many petty nobles, no real rhyme or reason from one to the next, many are nice cities many are ruled by tyrants including Count Diato

Roleplay Story Setting : The Decadent City of Slagport (World of Deribaan).​

A half millennium ago, the city now known as Slagport was considered the Pearl of the Empire. Then known as the City of Morn, then as know stood on on a peninsular on the dangerous Bay of Bangar , positioned near the navigation channel known as "The Narrows", the only easily navigable route north to the Inland Sea and the mighty Seagate that guards it's entrance . Then it was known for the spender of it's alabaster walls and buildings. Outside The Narrows, the seas are dangerous due to jagged volcanic rock just below the waterline. This forces most ships to stick to the Narrows, making them easy pickings for pirates.

But the Emperor had vetoed his engineers and insisted on a location for the city near the foot of a "mostly dead" volcano he was warned could go active. He ordered that the mountain be ignored , and laws were enacted and enforced to the point where it is not mentioned on city documents or maps and has no official name. However ancient documents have revealed the real name of the Mountain to be Mount Aragor.

That mountain of course erupted some 400 years ago, with the help of a dragon who had been awakened by some foolish adventurers. Since then it has come to be known as Mount Slag due to the black ash it belches out which when it hits the water makes something that looks like slag, and chokes the harbor. The smells of the gasses from the mountain often fill the city, especially the area of the Port Quarter nearest the base of the mountain, a once abandoned area known as The Maze because there are few fixed buildings or streets. Closer still to Mount Slag is a scumslum of unimaginable poverty, mostly consisting of lean-tos and tents, many of the inhabitans die each time the Vapors rise to their thickest.

One of the few fixed points inside The Maze is a tavern now called the Fallen Crown, which can be identified by the sign with the crown that has half fallen off. It's a more or less safe place, owned and run by a tough but fair former mercenary known as Griff

Officially, Slagport is a City-State protectorate of the Great Kingdom of Aquitor , with a Royal Governor However there has not been legitimate Royal Governor in nearly a century, the post sold to the higest bidder who also actually agrees to live in Slagport, since for 200 years the so-called Royal Governors were never actually seen anywhere near the city. Ths new rule cut down the number of those with both interest and coin to a precious few, as is evidence by the fact the current resident of the Governor's mansion was a known pirate, one of the self-styled Sea Lords.

For all practical intents and purposes, the city is mostly controlled by the Lord Mayor, the Council of Trades, and the Lord Admiral of the Navy, who is nominally appointed by the distant King, but again, coin is usually involved in the selection. an uneasy truce exists between the Lord Mayor who controls the city watch and has most of the locals on his side, and the Sea Barron Garrik who has no real loyalty other than that which he has bought.

Slagport is separated into Five "Quarters", a source of constant amusement to locals . This came about when one Royal Governor who actually came to live in the city created the Government Quarter , with space carved out of both the Noble and the Merchants Quarter.

The Five Quarters are

The Naval Quarter - Naval ships and boats of all shapes and sizes. Access is severely restricted, it is said even the old Lord Mayor was not welcome here; but there is little of interest here to do , buy or acquire even if one could get in.

The Noble Quarter
- As the name suggests, the quarter reserved for nobility and the high born. and more recently a few of the more fabulously wealthy merchantmen. The Garrison of the Royal Guard is located here, along with the Governor's Palace.

The Merchant's Quarter
- The hub of official commerce and route of the Caravan Road through the city. Customs officially starts at the gate to this quarter.

Officially, only those who look as if they have business to the quarter, or who have been granted leave to travel on the King's Road, are allowed to enter the Merchant's Quarter. In practice, most of those who look the part and dont act outrageously are largely ignored by the bored guards, except in times of Emergency or Insurrection.

Still , the policy keeps most sailors in the Port Quarter and prevents impressed sailors from fleeing their ships; an outcome wholeheartedly supported by the Captains, Ships owners and Merchants, and most certainly an intended side-effect.

The Government Quarter - The headquarters for most of the officials and bureaucrats in the city. It holds the Customs House (where seized and quarantined property is held), the Garrison of the Watch, the City Jail , the Hall of Records, The Royal Library, and the Courts, along with others.an Also found here are the Royal Stables that serve both the Guard and the Watch; and the Royal Smithy.

A few craftsman's guilds have managed to find offices here, to be close to the officials they are lobbying. There are also a few taverns, inns and shops that serve the denizens of the quarter.
The Lord Mayor's Mansion lays astride parts of both the Government and Noble Quarters.

Port Quarter - Dominated by the Wharf District, the Old Docks, the Watchtower betwixt the previous two, The Warehouse district, The Caravan Road, The Maze, The Dark Bazaar, the small but important Red Lamp district, the Keep that provides the only access from the Port Quarter to the Naval Quarter, and the Caravan Triangle, the area at the "top" of the district, where the gates to both the Royal and Merchant's Quarter can be found.
Because customs stations are only found at the entrances to the Merchant's Quarter, that makes about anything sold (illegally) in the Port Quarter, duty free. The placement of the Customs Stations also has the effect of causing a backup of Caravans seeking to leave the Port Quarter, as they are often searched for evasion of the Kings (and the Baron's) taxes, which is why the area just to the south is known as he Caravan Triangle

The Scumslum - that lay between the Maze and Mount Argor, the mostly dead Volcano. It is nearly impossible to get inland from here, because of the sheer walls of jagged basalt. the poorest of the low born and dregs congregate here, as well as those who find that even the Maze doesnt provide enough anonymity. Previously there had also been a scumslum outside the gate between the Merchants Quarter and the King's Road up the peninsular; but Garrick the Baron had it razed as one of his first acts.

Many merchants prefer to offload their cargo in Slagport and then caravan up the peninsula to Irongate, especially since a group of Corsairs have taken to trolling the only known safe and stable channel through

Chronicles II​

The Omega Sector Frontier of The Terran Confederacy

[img=825x457]https://i.snag.gy/fTzguk.jpg[/img]​

The Omega Sector of the Galactic Frontier is the farthest reaches of the galaxy that ships of the Terran Confederation have settled. Much of it lies in an area of space shrouded from Earth by previously unknown dark matter fields near the Outer Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy. This section was selected for settlement was due to many planets with oxygen and many raw materials; as well as being removed from the disputed areas claimed by the Persead Alliance. There are practically no limitations on teraforming , especially now that the laws of the Terran Confederacy cannot be enforced and their local contingent of thier Interstellar Expeditionary Force was disbanded shortly after contact with the Core colonies and the rest of the Terran Confederacy was lost
Travel at Faster than Light speeds is only possible by way of Jump Drive through Hyperspace Void using established jump routes. Due to the nature of space/time in the area of the Omega Sector , there are limited routes available. The longer the distances and faster the speeds needed, the fewer the number of suitable routes, and the larger and more complex the Jump drive and NavCom needed.

Short "local" jumps up to a light year or so can be calculated manually by a good Astronavigator with a handheld (or even in their heads), but a jump from near Sol to the Hub Colonies , for example, requires a full AI capable neural network computer with infi-variable virtual processing cores in able to scale to the calculations at the right moments. Many routes exist in much of space, and sometimes ships that need to make multiple shorter jumps to get to a dstination will gather together. Often times, Space Stations known as Hop Stations show up to service these routes. However, there are no Hop Station between Omega Sector and the rest of the Terran Confederation space

Likewise , the Voidspace Relays tht enable FTL communication between systems in that area are also limited by the stellar geography and gravity wells in the area

And so when that small Void corridor stopped working 20 years ago, the Omega Sector Frontier was cut off from the Terran Confederation. The neartest friendly colonies to jump via are at least 30,000 light years distant from the Omega Sector , but any jumps over 100 light years are risky the most sso far successful being 500 light years from planet Greenwich Prime to

By way of comparison, the decidedly unfriendly Persead Alliance is about 20,000 light years away. There have been some successes with communications from the Omega Sector to planets and ships in Persead space; but so far no regular conact has been established. Even with only sporadic contact, it has been found that ships sent into the void despite the warnings are not showing up on the other side. But communication with Terran colonies is illegal in the Persead Code, so it is not even known if that information can be trusted

WORLDS/colonies in the Omega Sector Frontier (includes space stations):

Greenwich Prime
Argus
Neo Caledonia
New Carthage
Bangkok-7
(Work in progress)

Repository​

The repository of chars. Not all my RPs will be using these chars, I submit these as sort of character archetypes more than anything.

Modern/Casual

Roderick Palmer (Modern/Casual)
H - 6'2
Faceclaim - WIP

Family - Linda (ex wife)
Parents: Bob and Emma (deceased)

Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight/Hetero ; Dominant.

Roderick is a mid level exec at a high tech company headquartered in Northern Virginia. He travels and works too much, which was a strain on his marriage; though the fact was also they had become different people. They had tried counseling but he was never comfortable airing their differences to a third party, especially one who already had been on his wife's side for months before they ever met.

The truth was they were simply not compatible anymore. She could not understand his drive to succeed, even though she loved all the luxuries it afforded them - the nice houses, cars, vacations. The divorce has cost him for awhile, but now that she had remarried it was better.

He lives an active lifestyle - running, hiking, rock climbing, racquetball and tennis at the club when he can. He lives in a neighborhood with a lot of military families, and so is sort of an unofficial father figure to a lot of families whose parents are deployed overseas, but he tries to give a wide berth to the military wives , despite some of them showing an interest.

His main vacations are small usually a few days before or after a conference in Vegas, or New Orleans, or Paris. Anywhere he can cut loose a bit and forget about work for a few days, and enjoy the company of the fairer sex. He would truly love to tour Italy with someone special . He is an alpha male though feels no special compulsion to prove himself constantly

---------

Ridley Hamilton (Draighien) -
Philanthropist, Investor, Researcher.
Apparent Age 34
Real Age: at least 400 years old
H, 6'4
W 225

Face claim : Heath Hudgins

The latest scion of a family of multi-generational billionaires. . A 3rd degree black-belt and practitioner of Krav Maga and a dead shot with a gun, a champion fencer and dilettante race car driver, but most interested now in his research.
He hides a dark secret, several in fact. He may be in fact the international crime lord known as Blackthorne. He may also do more than dabble in the dark mystical arts, calling upon powers that require payment in misery and human blood.

NOTE - he is also a direct descendant of one of my Fantasy characters, Angus Draighien, which is quite a story in and of itself since Angus is from an entirely different world. The story of how his descendants came to our world us not usually part of any roleplay with Ridley, but the background is there; and should be a cautionary note on why Ridley is not to be trusted, however broad his crocodile smile is

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Gabriel "Rembrandt" Baptiste
Art Dealer, Import/Export
H 6'1
W
190 lbs ,
Faceclaim: David Gandy

appraising blue eyes, black hair. Mercenary,Import/Export merchant Arms Dealer, Finder of Exotic Antiquities and Oddities, Smuggler, Counterfeiter. He's the man with what you need and can help you out, but make sure you have all your fingers after shaking his hand.

A ladies man from an old New Orleans family, he is of indeterminate youthful age. He has friends on both side of the tracks, and keeps them by not turning on them, though a swindle now and again is fair game. He reasons it teaches his friends to stay on their toes, for which lesson they should be glad to pay him.

He has a standing reservation for Thursday evenings at Commander's Palace year round, except during Mardi Gras ; where he finds the entire city nearly intolerably overrun with tourists. Each morning he can usually be found at Cafe Du Monde in Jackson Square, enjoying beignet, coffee, and people watching

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Russel "Rusty" Barker
Ex Marine Force Recon sniper; now executive protector, mercenary.
H 6'1
W 190
190 lbs ,
Faceclaim: Mark Wahlberg

Back story to come.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Joey "The Bug" aka Giuseppe Dinardo, made man.

H - 5'8
W - 160

Joey is a sort of weaselly backstabber who has a knack of inserting himself into situations where he can make a profit or do harm to others. He favors loud and / or tacky suits and outfits. He likes to show of his jewels, guns and knives; and stories where innocent people get capped in the knee. He finds them amusing, and those around him tend to pretend to agree.

His personal motto is that honor is for suckers, and he often schemes how to make himself the Boss of All Bosses. That will likely never happen.

=-=-=-=-=
Salvatore "Sal" Giancanno aka The Landshark, Local Crime Boss,
Face Claim - George Clooney

Salvatore is the local Don at the head of most operations in Hot Springs. He is a dapper older man of refinement, though given to sudden bouts of violence and swearing. He loves his daughter Talia and his granddaughter Gabriella (Gabby ) with all his heart. He is well liked but also respected and feared.

=-=-=-=-=

Lucas Wallace - Crime Lord Age 29, 6'2

Lucas came to power in his neighborhood gang at an early age, making them more profitable and managing to unite gangs from the entire area until they were ruling all of the east side. He was always ahead of the police and it was only through dumb luck of beng caught with drugs in his trunk because he got in an accident with a patrol car, and so was put into prison at age 19
His lawyers got him out after serving less than 3 years but Lucas had used his time inside wisely. He not only got an undergrad degree in 18 months, he also studied the law and once his conviction was overturned, took and passed the bar exam.
Lucas became semi legit, but the thin veneer of civility and fair play hides a a corrupt and evil organization that traffics in everything and whose business is misery. This includes drugs, humans, weapons, basically anything of value.
In a supernatural setting, he would also traffic in many darker things, but might be a key ally since his loyalty can be bought

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The Brotherhood of War

Dillon Stone, Brotherhood of War
Dillion Stone was a Gulf war veteran , a hard core Ranger who later served as a Warrant Officer in Military Intelligence. He learned lot about men , guns, tactics, and the way the government worked. Later, put those skills to work as an Executive Protector, a bodyguard with a firm that serviced both political/diplomatic customers along with celebrities , and the occasional rich nobody. In that job he learned a lot about the way Law Enforcement operates and communicates, especially about the things they are blind to, the holes in their communications and surveillance , and other weaknesses.

It was in that role that he decided that he was done helping others and it was about time he helped himself. Using some insider tips he picked up listening to execs he was guarding, he built up a nest egg and dropped out, taking to the road on his Harley.

The first person he visited was his old friend Owen Madden, who everyone called Maddog. Maddog was a mercenary who did a lot of work with the Intel outfit that Stoney served. Maddog had shown Stone the ropes , introduced him to many people - including connections in the Afghan heroin trade, the arms business, and many other forms of illicit trade.

The two of them hit the road, cruising the highways , along the way picking up other former comrades in arms, cementing the Mother Chapter of their Brotherhood of War.

The core group

DIllon Stone - President
Maddog - VP
Chuck Harper - "Snake" - Master at Arms
Will Dawson - "Captain Violence/Cap" - Road Captain
Roy Martin - "Doc" - Treasurer
Eduardo Park - "Curve" Secretary.
Pete Toblonski "Toby" - Bouncer

-----
Boone Mason , Rancher, Silent partner of Dillon Stone
Boone Mason's family basically own nearly everything worth anything in and around the town of Pine Junction. After he had used his influence to get a new ramp to the Interstate that came right into town, the town began to thrive, but that was only after he and his family had bought up everything for a song, as the town had been on the downturn since the 50s.

He owns a large ranch outside of town, and is also the chairman of the company that runs the mine. The local mill and the factory were his of course, and the town library bore his family name.

But every so often someone thinks they can defy him in his own territory and that's when he lets his mean side show. It's also rumored that there may be something supernatural at work, but since those things aren't real he obviously isn't some mythical creature

Repository II - Fantasy​

Deathwind
Male Drow
Hair Silver
Eyes Red
H- 5'7
W- 150
Assassin

Deathwind's real name is hard to pronounce for most non-drow, but he has come to prefer his nom de guerre anyhow. For such a murdering bastard he can be truly affable and genteel, but never mistake that he is a vile , sadistic creature who has chosen to torture people and end lives for fun and profit.

He is not welcome in the Underdark as he has rejected the Matriarchal system, but they have come to an understanding with the powers that be. They have stopped sending hunting parties to kill him, and he has stopped sending back bags of chopped up hunting parties.

He has some unknown mystical powers but it is known his magical resistance is very strong. He is a meticulous planner, and normally if he doesn't know he wil win a fight there won't be one. He is not a believer in a fair fight, taking every advantage he can.

He is deadly accurate with his hand crossbow which fires quarrels that are commonly coated with venom. When operating in a city and not on a job, most likely it will be the sleep venom rather than a more deadly toxin

His slender figure makes him look almost like a scarecrow at times

He has come to enjoy working with human partner named Reaper- the two are a mismatched pair, but they are brought together by their common sadism.

[img=150x200]https://i.snag.gy/j3docn.jpg[/img]

Reaper
Real name unrevealed
Human Male
Hair: Bald
Eyes: Brown
H: 6'8
W: 350

Reaper is a mountain of a man, a former soldier then mercenary, who wears a featureless iron mask with a moveable mouth cover and a slit for his eyes.

. He was a member of the elite Black Blade Platoon of the famous mercenary company, the Legion of the Star , though he was cashiered from the Legion for murder and rape, in abstentia as he didn't stick around to be tried.

He uses a thick curved blade as his main weapon and also has spiked gauntlets. In battle he seeks to protect Deathwind first and foremost. He tends to wearing heavy armor and is not mobile, his peripheral vision is often not the best because of his mask.

He would rather injure painfully than kill immediately. He rarely talks, in fact some claim he is unable to do so, but he can make very loud grunts and roars. It is said he is a cannibal, but that is not known to be true for certain.

In fact many thing are said about the pair - Deathwind and Reaper, but how much of it is true, how much folktale, and how much of it planted by the duo themselves, is hard to say at this time.

New Characters:

[td]
Quinn Maloney
Street Financier, Bookie, Love Broker, Restaurateur.

Quinn is an old school Irish mobster who doesn't like to take crap from anyone but also knows how to stay alive, too. He has a penchant for turning out his pretty waitresses at restaurants he buys and putting them to work in his brothels. A lot of those girls go missing too, though Quinn has so far avoided any rumors that he is a sadistic serial killer.

Quinn is a blunt instrument but he has his uses. He is still married to his original wife, Patty , but she lives every day of her life in fear and denial.
[/td]
[td]

[/td]

Back
Top Bottom